The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!!! I'm genetically a Campbell -- and you bet I grin when I go into McDonald's. :D
scared-emoticon-with-a-dropped-jaw-vector-21045524.jpg

OMG! You're not one of ...
*THE* Cambells are you?
:p
1970s.jpg

Lowland, I'm told; but not soup. Honestly haven't worked that line very hard.

Kinda difficult to find people who enjoy that joke.....

Campbell is one of several; locations include Dysart, Roscommon; Lanark; Glamorgan; Chichester; Cornwall.

Feeling very Glamorgan today

upload_2019-6-14_21-39-57.jpeg

(There's a Schmidt, too, haven't traced that one past Pennsylvania.)

Waving 'across the pond,' Laughing.

It’s an unusual display from the usually loved-up couple, but it all makes sense as the strains of God Save the Queen, the British national anthem start playing.

During the anthem royals are expected to face forwards and participate, rather than chat amongst themselves.

Harry in fact saved his wife from the gaffe becoming more embarrassingly obvious.

That is if he was addressing Meghan at all.

Harry's terse words to Meghan over royal gaffe

Kate and Wills'**$30** afternoon tea for two! Hotel shares candid snaps of couple's private visit for scones and sandwiches on royal trip to Cumbria

*$30* in Cumbria??
giphy.gif

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge squeezed in a private visit to a lakeside hotel during their visit to Cumbria earlier this week, it has been revealed.

14790382-7141809-image-a-46_1560519857364.jpg
...But it has now emerged that the couple also found time to enjoy an afternoon tea for two at the four-star Inn on the Lake, in Ullswater.
14789966-7141809-image-a-37_1560519724744.jpg

The hotel's £23 afternoon tea, usually served at the Orangery, includes homemade sandwiches with a variety of fillings: honey and orange roasted gammon & Hawkshead piccalilli; Appleby Creamery cheddar cheese & sweet pickle; egg & chive mayonnaise; and cucumber & crème fraîche with black pepper.

14789982-7141809-The_hotel_s_23_afternoon_tea_pictured_features_sweet_and_savoury-a-6_1560534127286.jpg

It is served on a beautifully presented stand alongside a homemade savoury treat; homemade plan and fruit scones, with butter, jam and clotted cream; homemade baked treats; macaroon; and a traditional mini trifle

:rolleyes: This is not really 'News' is it Daily Mail

Shouldn't "Advertisement" be printed within that article possibly? o_O

Kate and Wills' £23 afternoon tea for two at a Cumbrian hotel | Daily Mail Online

During the anthem royals are expected to face forwards and participate, rather than chat amongst themselves.

Harry in fact saved his wife from the gaffe becoming more embarrassingly obvious.
:)

DismalNervousDromedary-size_restricted.gif
Ah ha!
Confirmation - even the Aussies know that would be the Royal Faux Pas Beyond Redemption ;)

Kate and Wills'**$30** afternoon tea for two! Hotel shares candid snaps of couple's private visit for scones and sandwiches on royal trip to Cumbria

*$30* in Cumbria??
giphy.gif

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge squeezed in a private visit to a lakeside hotel during their visit to Cumbria earlier this week, it has been revealed.

14790382-7141809-image-a-46_1560519857364.jpg
...But it has now emerged that the couple also found time to enjoy an afternoon tea for two at the four-star Inn on the Lake, in Ullswater.
14789966-7141809-image-a-37_1560519724744.jpg

The hotel's £23 afternoon tea, usually served at the Orangery, includes homemade sandwiches with a variety of fillings: honey and orange roasted gammon & Hawkshead piccalilli; Appleby Creamery cheddar cheese & sweet pickle; egg & chive mayonnaise; and cucumber & crème fraîche with black pepper.

14789982-7141809-The_hotel_s_23_afternoon_tea_pictured_features_sweet_and_savoury-a-6_1560534127286.jpg

It is served on a beautifully presented stand alongside a homemade savoury treat; homemade plan and fruit scones, with butter, jam and clotted cream; homemade baked treats; macaroon; and a traditional mini trifle

:rolleyes: This is not really 'News' is it Daily Mail

Shouldn't "Advertisement" be printed within that article possibly? o_O

Kate and Wills' £23 afternoon tea for two at a Cumbrian hotel | Daily Mail Online

The afternoon tea looks nice and £23 is reasonable I have paid a lot more.

Treasure hunter, 52, finds £20,000 ring 'worn by two of Henry VIII's wives' in a farmer's field in York

When metal detectorist Paul Ibbotson found a bejewelled gold ring in a farmer’s field he knew it was special.

14810188-7143613-The_ring_pictured_above_was_valued_at_20_000-m-85_1560555705553.jpg

The ring (pictured above) was valued at £20,000
Is that's really the best shot the photographer could manage? It's not even in focus
facepalm.gif

But when he researched it he became convinced it may have belonged to two of Henry VIII’s wives and was last worn by Catherine Howard months before she was beheaded.

14810288-7143613-image-a-58_1560551117279.jpg

Could Anne of Cleeves have worn the same ring?

His fanciful story will intrigue visitors to a museum in York when the 15th-century ring – valued at £20,000 – goes on display later this year.

Mr Ibbotson believes it could be the ring on the index finger of Anne of Cleves in Hans Holbein’s 1539 portrait.

:confused: I'm not convinced. (The index finger ring looks like a single stone to me)
Treasure hunter, 52, finds £20,000 ring 'worn by two of Henry VIII's wives' | Daily Mail Online

Best royal hugs - from Prince Harry to Meghan Markle
Too cute
They know that actions speak louder than words and sometimes a warm embrace is the only way to effectively communicate how they are feeling, especially in times of sadness or celebration. So, HELLO! have put together a gallery of our favourite pictures of royals opening their arms wide to members of the public.

meghan-markle-hug-tot-a.jpg

This photograph captures a sweet moment between the Duchess of Sussex and a young girl in New Zealand..
We love the fact that Meghan has kneeled down to embrace the tot with both arms – what a lovely gesture!
gallery_1_1-a.jpg

Not even the rain could put a damper on this sweet embrace between Prince Harry and 97-year-old Daphne Dunne during the royal's June 2017 visit to Australia.

gallery_5_3-a.jpg

The Duke of Cambridge was greeted with a warm hug from a young girl upon his arrival to the 2016 Heads Together and The Mix annual Christmas party
;) to be continued..

Best royal hugs - from Prince Harry to Meghan Markle

:) Carry on...

gallery_3_5-a.jpg

The Peoples' Princess was always quick to give big hugs to children.
gallery_3_5-a.jpg

Here's proof that even as a child Prince Harry was a hugging machine.
;) * This one's specially dedicated to @floridagrrl

gallery_5_3-a.jpg

Princess Diana couldn't wait to have her boys, Princes William and Harry, in her arms during a visit to Toronto in 1991.
:D & finally my personal favourite!
gallery_1_1-a.jpg

Prince Harry got a sweet embrace from Star Wars character Chewbacca during his visit to Pinewood Studios

Not to mention...
THE LAKES
d06facda89e00be3a0184788fab13699.png

( :cool: £, $ or €'s I find that price dubious to be honest )
*ETA Looking at the pic of the stand I now wonder if that's the selection you pick from?
As in 1 of the selection. o_O

No you get to share and eat the whole lot with someone else. It isn’t a good idea to go for afternoon tea when your on a diet. My favourite place to go for afternoon tea is the Willow Tea rooms in Glasgow which were designed by Rennie Macintosh. They are worth a visit if you are ever over here.

Last edited:
No you get to share and eat the whole lot with someone else. It isn’t a good idea to go for afternoon tea when your on a diet. My favourite place to go for afternoon tea is the Willow Tea rooms in Glasgow which were designed by Rennie Macintosh. They are worth a visit if you are ever over here.

Willow Tea Room is totally on my destination list. —I’m such a Macintosh & MacDonald fan. He’s just one of the most important architects, designers, artists... and a great influence on our Michael Graves who brought elements of his architecture and design alive in the 80’s and 90’s.

Plus, those sandwiches and scones, yum, I’m all for going for afternoon tea when I’m not on a diet, or want to fall off the diet wagon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14