The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the pros and cons of copper tubs?

Copper Tubs: Everything You Need to Know | QualityBath.com Discover

Pros of copper tubs

Durable and versatile
Beautiful, classic appearance
Rust- and corrosion-proof
Mold-resistant
Antibacterial
Retains heat
Eco-friendly; recyclable
Large variety of styles available
Develops unique patina (finish) over time
Extra-long lifespan

Cons of copper tubs

High cost
Requires slightly more maintenance than other materials
Sensitive to acids and abrasive materials

Baby Archie's christening in Windsor next weekend will be 'private' as Meghan and Harry strive to shield their new son from the public's gaze
:rolleyes:
Harry and Meghan will christen baby Archie in 'private' next weekend: Couple risk row over their use of taxpayers' cash as critics say they 'can't have it both ways' after £2.4m Frogmore Cottage renovation
...Royal christenings are usually private affairs, o_O with invitations extending only to close family and friends, and chosen godparents...

The Duchess of Sussex will enjoy a rare royal treat later this summer when she and her infant son enjoy a holiday to Her Majesty's favourite retreat: Balmoral...

Invites to Balmoral are key indicators of social status. Prince William and Kate have previously stayed but th
is is Meghan's first invite.

The Queen's eighth great-grandchild, born on May 6, will be two months old when water sourced from the River Jordan is poured from the lily font in the chapel over his forehead.

14845872-7146555-image-m-21_1560671872279.jpg

Prince William holding his son Prince George. George is wearing the gown Archie will be wearing - a replica of a 1841 Victorian original
The day's young star will wear a replica of the Honiton lace gown Queen Victoria commissioned for the baptism of her first child.

The gown, first worn in 1841, has been worn by 62 royal babies including Harry and his older brother William, but the Queen deemed it too fragile for continued use so a replica has been created - and most recently modelled by Prince Louis at his christening.

Stirring it up again with that headline DM? :mad:

I'm quite sure there's NO question as to Meghans "social status".
Being that she is married to The Queens grandson & the mother of her Great-Grandson.

The Daily Mail comment section is not being kind about the private christening. There is a lot of anger about the tax payers having to pay for several million pound house renovations but not being allowed to see Archie. Christening photos of Archie, Archie and his parents and a family christening photo will likely be released on Instagram but that may not be enough to keep some people happy.

It is strange how accessible the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have made their children to the media and public but the Sussex’s are being very private. I know it is different as they are children of the heir to the throne. I wonder if it is because of how the Duke of Sussex feels about the press because of how they treated his Mum. It is understandable if this is the case.

Picture of copper patina. No thanks. Been there, done that

Patina Copper Hose Pot | Frontgate

Thanks for the photo. We have copper flashing above our front bay window that we let "weather" naturally for about 10 years. While the weathered patina looks nice on some homes, the blueish-green cupola didn't look nice with our brick/siding. We had it restored to its original shiny appearance that has now lasted more then 15 years.

The Daily Mail comment section is not being kind about the private christening. There is a lot of anger about the tax payers having to pay for several million pound house renovations but not being allowed to see Archie.
..but the Sussex’s are being very private. I know it is different as they are children of the heir to the throne. I wonder if it is because of how the Duke of Sussex feels about the press because of how they treated his Mum. It is understandable if this is the case.
Well your first point is no big shock :rolleyes:

But I kinda get (in general) the angry tirades to the whole 'private' thing as they're both pretty well know to have big social media presences with lots of postings so it does come across as somewhat contradictory.
Harry's feelings regarding the treatment endured by his Mom, no matter what they are, are completely understandable :(
but I'm not sure if that's the case how he can't see this is giving the press so much ammo. & is only making things worse?

:cool: I do not particularly agree with the opinions mentioned personally but can understand the general point of this 'issue'

To add to ^ above :p

Whilst Harry has spent his entire life dealing with the media watching his every move he's probably so passed caring...lol

But he was also born into 'Royalty' so whatever the public opinion of him at any given time it is not going to change that fact.
But for Meghan it's not that simple, it's HER they WILL focus on!
She's found herself living in a whole world no-one could ever be prepared for with so much change in a very short space of time.
It will undoubtedly have an effect on her :confused:
This right now is what Harry really needs to think about, he knows better than anyone how hateful the press can & will turn.

View attachment 191508

If I was going to go fancy bathtub... with my tiara! and chandelier :D
:p You put that in on purpose lol

We don't know what bathtub(s) were originally in the cottage, maybe this is actually a replica in-keeping with it's history & overall decoration/renovation? :cool:

Anywhooo...
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!
For your enjoyment & pleasure today I share with you in all it's glorious glitz..
QUEEN ALEXANDRA'S KOKOSHNIK TIARA
KokoshnikTiara.jpg
Just look at that sparkle!

tumblr_p774ckGrpe1rqdmblo2_400.gif

Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Christening photos of Archie, Archie and his parents and a family christening photo will likely be released on Instagram but that may not be enough to keep some people happy.

<rsbm>
BBM

Can we really expect a photo of Archie?

We've been shown:

an unrecognizable baby in a hat & shawl
baby feet in a shawl
the top half of a baby's face

Perhaps an actual photo of Archie would calm the storm....

View attachment 191508

If I was going to go fancy bathtub... with my tiara and chandelier :D

That's a gorgeous bathtub there Ms. Rose! I wonder what it's made out of - zinc or possibly brushed stainless steel? I like that it's lined in porcelain - I think that would be much more comfortable to soak in and easy to keep clean and take care of.

I always like an alcove for a bathtub - I think it adds to the feeling of a 'sanctuary'.

Thank you for such a lovely pic!

That's a gorgeous bathtub there Ms. Rose! I wonder what it's made out of - zinc or possibly brushed stainless steel? I like that it's lined in porcelain - I think that would be much more comfortable to soak in and easy to keep clean and take care of.

I always like an alcove for a bathtub - I think it adds to the feeling of a 'sanctuary'.

Thank you for such a lovely pic!

Sorrell, I thought brushed nickel, but then as you said, stainless steel.

It almost looks like silver. Maybe pewter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm