The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation mounts over who Harry and Meghan will choose to be baby Archie's godparents at his private christening next weekend

On Meghan’s side, her oldest friend Jessica Mulroney, a famous stylist to the stars in Canada, is the firm favourite. Mrs Mulroney bonded with Meghan on the set of TV show Suits – in which the royal used to be an actress. Odds for the stylist becoming a godparent is 1/7, Ladbrokes estimates.

Speculation mounts over who Harry and Meghan will choose to be baby Archie's godparents | Daily Mail Online

Harry and Meghan risk leaving fans 'jaded' by releasing 'stylised and arty' pictures of baby Archie, royal expert Ingrid Seward warns

Speculation mounts over who Harry and Meghan will choose to be baby Archie's godparents | Daily Mail Online

Some headlines. That’s it I found my new career ‘Royal Expert’ I just have a lot of history books to read.

The Daily Mail comment section is not being kind about the private christening. There is a lot of anger about the tax payers having to pay for several million pound house renovations but not being allowed to see Archie. Christening photos of Archie, Archie and his parents and a family christening photo will likely be released on Instagram but that may not be enough to keep some people happy.

It is strange how accessible the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have made their children to the media and public but the Sussex’s are being very private. I know it is different as they are children of the heir to the throne. I wonder if it is because of how the Duke of Sussex feels about the press because of how they treated his Mum. It is understandable if this is the case.

Hey @gregjrichards. I’m way behind. Been out enjoying a beautiful summer day. I sorta agree. Just give us a pic of the christening. FGS.

That’s all I want. I’m not traveling to UK to stalk them lol. And I don’t do Instagram.

IMO

:p You put that in on purpose lol

We don't know what bathtub(s) were originally in the cottage, maybe this is actually a replica in-keeping with it's history & overall decoration/renovation? :cool:

Anywhooo...
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert!
For your enjoyment & pleasure today I share with you in all it's glorious glitz..
QUEEN ALEXANDRA'S KOKOSHNIK TIARA
KokoshnikTiara.jpg
Just look at that sparkle!

tumblr_p774ckGrpe1rqdmblo2_400.gif

Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara | The Court Jeweller

That gif of QE2 is great.

I did put a tiara on it because, the bathtub is from the set of our epic Gone With The Wind, shot on an antebellum plantation in Georgia which has now been restored and is for sale.

The bathtub cought my eye.

When I saw it I was like, I need that, and a chandelier.

Now, with you all, I need a tiara, too!
Xo

Note the sink is chased metal as well.

View attachment 191569

I noticed that lovely sink, as well - thank you for mentioning it, Laughing!

One thing I'd add to that bathroom is some live plants - I think plants always add a touch of organic beauty - that's probably the old hippie-chick in me lol!

Happy Birthday Princess Diana, such a beautiful woman inside and out. I’m sorry you’re not here to celebrate with family, friends and supporters. You will never be forgotten.
Photo is from your last trip to Australia.

Attachments

• FC9E524D-427C-4734-AF28-A843D006E006.jpeg
    FC9E524D-427C-4734-AF28-A843D006E006.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 10
Happy Birthday Princess Diana, such a beautiful woman inside and out. I’m sorry you’re not here to celebrate with family, friends and supporters. You will never be forgotten.
Photo is from your last trip to Australia.

Lovely post thank you. The Princess looked happy and beautiful in this photo. That Versace dress was a lovely colour.

ABC New TV- this am-
Surprise? The Queen will NOT be in attendance at Archie's
christening as she has a 'prior engagement'.
Is this normal and customary?

It was reported in the Daily Mail last week. Unfortunately Her Majesty is very busy and her schedule is filled months in advance. I am sure she would like to be there. I don’t think Her Majesty was at Prince Louis’s christening.

The bathtub cought my eye.

When I saw it I was like, I need that, and a chandelier.

Now, with you all, I need a tiara!, too!
Xo
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif
Obviously it would be unforgivable of me to miss this perfect opportunity to add one of my favourite snaps of Princess Margaret with her favourite Tiara! :D

Princess_margaret_lord_snowdon_web_1200x1200.jpg

THE POLTIMORE TIARA
If ever there was a tiara match made in heaven, it was Princess Margaret and this whopper of a tiara. The Poltimore, with its floral and scroll elements, may not have been made for Margaret’s swinging ’60s beehive hairdo, but when the two came together, it was tiara kismet.

Poltimore_Tiara.jpg
The Poltimore Tiara | The Court Jeweller

:p I swear they must be lurking here!

Prince Harry putting Meghan Markle in 'difficult position' with controversial Archie decision

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have upset many royal fans and commentators with their plans for Archie's christening this weekend..

Prince Harry has put Meghan Markle in a 'difficult position' with a key decision about their son Archie, a royal expert has claimed.

But Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, believes Harry's latest decision could put Meghan in a bad situation with the public and other members of their family

Harry putting Meghan in 'difficult position' with controversial Archie decision

Princess Diana's friends movingly recall the joyful times with her boys

I love these photos. Princess Diana was a wonderful Mother.
These images I have always thought some of the sweetest as just :(
Princess Diana - 'Mom'
942768ff-7394-41bc-a5c2-a2a468a50cd2-213750g.jpg

Diana and the boys at Thorpe Park - 1993

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F91342c3a9d3cd3fa6a1a0fb9b5398cd2%2F200349385%2F157783681.jpg
42967F0700000578-0-image-m-6_1500759237279.jpg
Princess-Diana-Prince-William-Prince-Harry-Princess-Charlotte-and-Cattherine-Duchess-of-Cambridge-Photo-C-GETTY-IMAGES-0156.jpg
"We all have the power to do good in the world, but upon seeing Princess Diana riding a log flume — a person who did a great deal of good during her time here — I am possessed only of the selfish desire to also ride a log flume.
Because that, my friends, was parenting."

Remember When Princess Diana Rode A Log Flume With Her Boys?

:p I swear they must be lurking here!

Prince Harry putting Meghan Markle in 'difficult position' with controversial Archie decision

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have upset many royal fans and commentators with their plans for Archie's christening this weekend..

Prince Harry has put Meghan Markle in a 'difficult position' with a key decision about their son Archie, a royal expert has claimed.

But Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, believes Harry's latest decision could put Meghan in a bad situation with the public and other members of their family

Harry putting Meghan in 'difficult position' with controversial Archie decision

Like most everyone in the World, I would love to see pictures of Archie on his special day. As I read all articles in the media about ‘no photo shoot that day’, I can only wonder how the media hounding Diana, her boys, the Royal Family, especially at Diana’s funeral, must have affected the very young princes at that time. It has carried over into their adult lives. Imagine what William and Harry felt when they heard that possibly media caused part of the car crash that took their mom. Then having to deal with the media at the funeral, a public funeral, where they had to put on an act of bravery for all....No wonder they do not like the media.

In the beginning, William was real protective of pictures with Kate....remember how they moved away for a few years after they were first married? Finally we got pictures when Kate would release photos of the children on her and Williams own terms. (We have not seen many picture of Prince Louis)

I know the Queen and other family members has learned that do a quick photo shoot MIGHT appease the media, but that does not always happen.

I don’t think Harry likes the press at all....I doubt he is going to be King, so he does not have to step out in the public with family pictures like William. He is protecting his family as much as he can, much like William did and is still doing, but William will be King one day and so will George. They unfortunately have to be out and about.

The demands by the public and media, that Harry needs to show christening pictures because the public upgraded his new home....is showing the public and media are bullies, big bullies, many bullies. No one really knows how much the public paid to upgrade for safety reasons and to preserve Harry’s home. No one knows how much Harry paid, how much money Charles paid....there is no black and white list of what was done, cost and who paid for it. No one knows it is all speculation. (Anyone remember the rumors that Kate redid the kitchen twice because she did not like it? Who paid for it?)

As for the copper tub....the royal couple should have had the store owner and makers sign a non disclosure statement OR this could be false news....that has happened a lot lately. If the owner or employees spoke out of turn the royals will not like that.

I hope that the christening day goes smoothly and the media and public does not ruin it.

I will gladly wait to see a photo of Archie when Harry and Meghan decide it is time.

All this is JMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member