The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Sussex is refusing to let her family back into her life in order to protect her newborn son, sources have claimed.

Meghan, 37, has not spoken to her father Thomas Markle, 74, since before her wedding and has repeatedly ignored pleas for reconciliation from her half-sister Samantha, 54.

Mr Markle recently used a mutual connection to reach out to his daughter but she did not respond, claiming she had been 'betrayed', reports the Mirror.

Meghan 'will not let her family back in her life' to protect Archie and turns to Charles instead | Daily Mail Online

I think this is a wise move and not unexpected. Archie should be protected from his relatives who don’t have his or his Mum’s best interests at heart. I do wonder if Thomas has any regrets about his outrageous and unreasonable behaviour.

Baby Archie Quiz:

Congrats, you finished! Here are your results:
You scored 4 out of 5
You’re all about Archie! Congratulations! You really know your royal stuff.

I missed his birth date....

Royal Family Quiz:

You scored 14 out of 20
You’re A Royal Fanatic! You certainly brushed up on your knowledge of the royal family, great job!

I did so well on these quizzes - cause I read here! :D

I don't think every opinion needs an audience. (She posted, on a popular website forum...)
images

Saw something about tiaras after 6pm only AND only the MARRIED women Can wear a tiara?? Who knew

I didn't know either, but I remember Eugenie saying that her wedding day was the first time she'd worn a tiara, makes sense now.
kisspng-smiley-emoticon-online-chat-emoji-clip-art-queen-emoji-5b24288041a367.9378220815290963202689.jpg
Slightly embarrassed to admit I DID know both. I did lol when I got to that question :D
Even so a pretty dismal score;

You scored 12 out of 20

YOU’RE A ROYAL FANATIC!
You certainly brushed up on your knowledge of the royal family, great job!

;) Tiara!
Trivia
The first time a tiara is worn is by the bride on her wedding day,” Munn adds. “It signals the crowning of love and the loss of innocence to marriage. The family tiara was worn by the bride and from that moment onwards it was the groom’s jewelry she was expected to wear. It was a subliminal message that she had moved from her own family to another.”

It is typically expected for a female to chose a headpiece from their family collection on their wedding day, but following their special day the bride will then get to select their headwear from their husband’s family’s variety.
However, Kate and Meghan were unable to follow this protocol as they were not part of the royal family, and instead the pair borrowed elaborate accessories from the British monarch...

A tiara or crown cannot be worn before 6pm because diamond headwear is considered formal attire. However, there is an exception to the rule. When royal guests are required to attend a special royal engagement they can then break the rule, for example at the royal weddings, which took place earlier in the day.

No tiaras before 18

As an unwritten rule, tiaras aren't worn by royal ladies under the age of 18. In fact, many princesses and ladies were gifted tiaras for their birthday, as it meant they could start wearing them to events.

The Royal Tiara Rules You Never Knew Existed | Grazia
The 10 Secret Royal Rules You Have To Obey Before Wearing A Tiara

:D Tiara Alert!
In-keeping with the topic of Tiara Wedding Traditions (& as worn by Princess Eugenie)
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara
ejwed_grevilletiara0-1.jpg
An archival photo from Boucheron was included in Boucheron: The Secret Archives by Vincent Meylan
Eugenie-Wedding-Head-Shot-Greville-Tiara-Closeup-Oct-12-2018.jpg
I'm struggling to find a glittering gif :confused:
This little bit of trivia does thou explain why there's nothing much available image wise other than Eugenie wearing this tiara

"This tiara was suspected to be in the royal vaults, but since it hasn't been worn since it came into royal hands (just, oh, 76 years ago or so), you really couldn't be sure."

"... However, the tiara itself hadn’t been seen on any member of the royal family since it was inherited, casting doubt on whether it still existed. (Mrs. Greville was fond of changing her jewels.) We can now obviously confirm that it was in the bequest the entire time."

:eek: I'm surprised by this as I think this tiara is absolutely gorgeous

princess-eugenie-during-her-wedding-to-jack-brooksbank-at-st-georges-picture-id1051957132

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Princess Eugenie & Jack’s Wedding: The Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara

<respectfully snipped>

Speaking of Meghan's family, has anyone heard anything about the release of Samantha's long-touted tome? I'm beginning to think that the book/s will not be published after all. When Googling "in the shadows of the duchess", I came across this tidbit: There is actually a novel titled The Shadow Queen: A Novel of Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor (by Rebecca Dean). Made me wonder if this is where Samantha got the title for her story about Meghan.

Last edited:
Emotional Princess Eugenie reveals she's been overwhelmed by messages of support since displaying her surgery scar on her wedding day as she supports Scoliosis Awareness Day
...And on Sunday evening Eugenie took to her Instagram account to share a throwback picture of the low-cut gown she wore during her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last October, which displayed her scar.

Paying tribute to Scoliosis Awareness Day, which was on the 29th June, Eugenie thanked fans for the 'outpouring of support' she had received since wearing the dress.

15475470-7200287-image-a-21_1561975531624.jpg

Eugenie took to her Instagram account to share a throwback picture of the low cut gown she wore during her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last October, which displayed her scar
15478984-0-image-a-25_1561982281351.jpg
Princess Eugenie reveals she's been overwhelmed by messages of support for scoliosis | Daily Mail Online

The Duchess of Sussex is refusing to let her family back into her life in order to protect her newborn son, sources have claimed.

Meghan, 37, has not spoken to her father Thomas Markle, 74, since before her wedding and has repeatedly ignored pleas for reconciliation from her half-sister Samantha, 54.

Mr Markle recently used a mutual connection to reach out to his daughter but she did not respond, claiming she had been 'betrayed', reports the Mirror.

Meghan 'will not let her family back in her life' to protect Archie and turns to Charles instead | Daily Mail Online

I think this is a wise move and not unexpected. Archie should be protected from his relatives who don’t have his or his Mum’s best interests at heart. I do wonder if Thomas has any regrets about his outrageous and unreasonable behaviour.

No, he does not care about his behaviors....he was looking for notoriety and any way he could get monies IMO. He worked in Film industry and looked at making money, again IMO. His loss....all the way around. Meghan is making wise decisions.

Emotional Princess Eugenie reveals she's been overwhelmed by messages of support since displaying her surgery scar on her wedding day as she supports Scoliosis Awareness Day
...And on Sunday evening Eugenie took to her Instagram account to share a throwback picture of the low-cut gown she wore during her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last October, which displayed her scar.

Paying tribute to Scoliosis Awareness Day, which was on the 29th June, Eugenie thanked fans for the 'outpouring of support' she had received since wearing the dress.

15475470-7200287-image-a-21_1561975531624.jpg

Eugenie took to her Instagram account to share a throwback picture of the low cut gown she wore during her wedding to Jack Brooksbank last October, which displayed her scar
15478984-0-image-a-25_1561982281351.jpg
Princess Eugenie reveals she's been overwhelmed by messages of support for scoliosis | Daily Mail Online

The scar must really bother Eugenie.

:D Tiara Alert!
In-keeping with the topic of Tiara Wedding Traditions (& as worn by Princess Eugenie)
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara
ejwed_grevilletiara0-1.jpg
An archival photo from Boucheron was included in Boucheron: The Secret Archives by Vincent Meylan
Eugenie-Wedding-Head-Shot-Greville-Tiara-Closeup-Oct-12-2018.jpg
I'm struggling to find a glittering gif :confused:
This little bit of trivia does thou explain why there's nothing much available image wise other than Eugenie wearing this tiara

"This tiara was suspected to be in the royal vaults, but since it hasn't been worn since it came into royal hands (just, oh, 76 years ago or so), you really couldn't be sure."

"... However, the tiara itself hadn’t been seen on any member of the royal family since it was inherited, casting doubt on whether it still existed. (Mrs. Greville was fond of changing her jewels.) We can now obviously confirm that it was in the bequest the entire time."

:eek: I'm surprised by this as I think this tiara is absolutely gorgeous

princess-eugenie-during-her-wedding-to-jack-brooksbank-at-st-georges-picture-id1051957132

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Princess Eugenie & Jack’s Wedding: The Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Greville Emerald Kokoshnik Tiara

Snip

Jewelry experts have pegged the value of the tiara at somewhere between $6.5 million and $13 million.

Greville Emerald Tiara Takes Center Stage at Princess Eugenie's Royal Wedding

During the marriage ceremony at St. George's Chapel, Brooksbank placed a simple gold wedding band on his bride's finger. Despite its simplicity, the ring reflects a rich royal family tradition. Since the Queen Mother's wedding in 1923, the royal family's wedding bands have been crafted of pure Welsh gold, sourced at the Clogau mine in Bontddu.

The mine dates back to the Bronze Age, and commercial mining began there in the mid-1880s. The mine was closed in the 1990s, but Queen Elizabeth II had received a kilogram of the rare gold for her 60th birthday in 1986. The Queen’s reserves have been the source of royal wedding bands ever since.

The scar must really bother Eugenie.

She actually wanted to show her scar to honor those who helped her.

'I wanted wedding dress to show my scar'
The Princess, now a patron of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, said she wasn't always so open about her scar and did 'everything to hide it.'

She said: 'I remember going back to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and showing a little girl who couldn't sit up from her operation. Her eyes grew so big and eventually a huge smile lit up her face when she saw I had a huge scar and was standing up tall in front of her.'

Eugenie said her wedding dress had to show the scar, which she described at the 'centre point' to her outfit and that a veil would take away from her scar.

^from above link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member