DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering my previous abysmal scores I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry :p
thumbs-up.png
You got 13 out of 13 right!

Spiffing job m'old mucker! Your lexicon is truly British!

You scored better than 100% of quiztakers.
;) If this was a slang word THIS description is far from what it conjures up in my mind...
I think if cumskunk was a word though it would be slang for vegetables – "make sure you eat your cumskunks so you grow big and strong"

I'm a Eugenie scar cynic. It's 2019, does anyone think an extremely feint scar on the back of a beautiful wealthy woman is some hideous mark? I mean it was scoliosis, not leprosy. Maybe she can become patron of the papercut foundation next to give solace to all the privileged women who suffer minor cuts and scrapes next.

Princess Eugenie Instagrams X-rays depicting her battle with scoliosis for the first time

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...-eugenie-instagram-x-ray-scoliosis/750399002/

Eugenie is hoping to raise the money for a new orthopedic hospital. Her X-ray with the titanium rods and screws shown at the link looks pretty major to me.

She was 12 years old, it was an eight hour surgery that was life changing for her.

Growing up, I remember a neighborhood kid who wore corrective leg braces for a long time. It was hard on him.

If she’s helping other kids, raising money and a profile for the needs of a very debilitating condition, more power to her.

Her surgery was obviously successful. I never would have noticed her scar had it not been news with her wedding dress. That too is a really encouraging image for those facing corrective surgery which I think was her intention.
-jmo

I'm a Eugenie scar cynic. It's 2019, does anyone think an extremely feint scar on the back of a beautiful wealthy woman is some hideous mark? I mean it was scoliosis, not leprosy. Maybe she can become patron of the papercut foundation next to give solace to all the privileged women who suffer minor cuts and scrapes next.

Wow! Scoliosis surgery is NOT a paper cut and is not in any way minor surgery. See below...especially the parts I’ve bolded:

Princess Eugenie Instagrams X-rays depicting her battle with scoliosis for the first time

Eugenie is hoping to raise the money for a new orthopedic hospital. Her X-ray with the titanium rods and screws shown at the link looks pretty major to me.

She was 12 years old, it was an eight hour surgery that was life changing for her.

Growing up, I remember a neighborhood kid who wore corrective leg braces for a long time. It was hard on him.

If she’s helping other kids, raising money and a profile for the needs of a very debilitating condition, more power to her.

Her surgery was obviously successful. I never would have noticed her scar had it not been news with her wedding dress. That too is a really encouraging image for those facing corrective surgery which I think was her intention.
-jmo
BBM

Thank you!

580607DE-D8DC-4FF1-8687-C249FACB7C18.jpeg

The Duke of York, the Earl of Forfar and the Princess Royal joined their mother, the Queen, at the Royal Garden Party held at Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh this afternoon. The event saw thousands of people from across Scotland invited into the ancient royal residence to celebrate their achievements.

The Queen is joined by three of her children for Holyrood Garden Party

This website is great if your a fan of the royal family and want royal news.

Wow! Scoliosis surgery is NOT a paper cut and is not in any way minor surgery. See below...especially the parts I’ve bolded:

BBM

Thank you!

I have a friend whose daughter has it and it is not been successfully fixed.

There is a lot of pain. She cannot walk very far. I think it will or has affected internal organs.

WOW! I have scoliosis, not something fun to have.
Please know that the surgery Eugenie had at 12 years old is not something superficial. It is serious surgery. She showed her scar to encourage others. She is showing gratitude that she is able to to walk, walk down the isle.

For children, surgery or a physical disability can be very frightening. It doesn't matter that she is privileged, she wants everyone to be able to have the care and treatment that she received.
I hope the hospital meets their $20million fundraising goal.

Not to be Doubting Debbie, however, I have mixed thoughts on Eugenie's goals.

IIRC, she used her wedding and her wedding dress as the first time major attention has been made about her scoliosis since she was a child.

This comes after the fact that her uncle Prince Charles refused to give Princess Eugenie or her sister, Princess Beatrice jobs on the Royal Payroll. According to Prince Charles, he is/was cutting the number of people on the payroll. (may not be exact words).

As we have seen in the past, neither sister has been royally inclined in their duties, jobs, or charities. IMO.

Therefore, their father must supplement their money and they have to pay rental on the homes within Kensington Palace. Princess Eugenie and her new husband currently live in Nottingham Cottage, where Prince Harry and Meghan lived. The difference is Princess Eugenie pays rent where Prince Harry did not as he performs Royal Duties.

So, it makes me think that Princess Eugenie has wised up and decided to get involved in projects that will be worthwhile and may change Prince Charles’ mind.

The idea of an Orthopedic Hospital is a great idea and something that is needed. I sincerely hope she is able to meet her fundraising goals.

Last edited:
But she still gets royal perks

Eugenie might not get paid to be a royal, but she essentially gets the best of both worlds. She’s well-known around the world and spent millions of dollars on the wedding of her dreams — both exciting privileges. She gets to attend royal events and is a member of one of the most important families in the world. But at the end of the day, she gets to hold a job she loves and share all of her adventures on social media. She is the royal most people dream to be.
Why Was Princess Eugenie Allowed to Move to New York?

Charities and Patronages

In October, 2002 Princess Eugenie, aged 12, underwent back surgery at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, Middlesex, to correct a scoliosis condition. As a result of this surgery, HRH is keen to support others going through similar treatments. Princess Eugenie became Patron of the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital’s Redevelopment Appeal in April, 2012. As part of the appeal, an accommodation unit at the hospital will be named Princess Eugenie House.
Princess Eugenie | The Duke of York

Eugenie is quite accomplished -imo

And yes, I think she has the very best of two worlds.

She is only 28 years old. —Has lived and worked in NYC. There are about 7 or so more of her patronages listed at Duke of York, and she been working with the orthopedic hospital since 2012.

I thought her wedding was her moment. I didn’t pay much attention until I saw the pictures of her wedding. She was absolutely luminous. Her story came into focus. —Getting married to her longtime sweetheart at Windsor, wearing the best dress of the modern royal brides, and raising awareness for her cause. As a young person I’m sure she’s one to follow.

Eugenie seems like a happy royal with a whole lot more freedom. —Live where you want, great work opportunities, have your own personal Instagram, wear purple nail polish. -I wouldn’t trade that for nothing.

It all really contrasts with the restrictions Harry and Meghan have to follow.

Queen Elizabeth seems like a lovely grandmother, too. She’s seen a lot of calamity with a few of her children, and her grandkids appear to be especially loved by her.

Last edited:
EB2D3443-7436-4D0C-A54B-12BF139DE701.jpeg 4F492BE0-2888-4059-802F-A8FC1ECFAA96.jpeg

Roger's royal opponent! Kate reveals that Prince George, five, has been practicing his tennis skills with Federer

Prince George is a keen tennis fan and has even been practising his swing with Roger Federer, the Duchess of Cambridge has revealed.

Kate, 37, revealed that her young son, five, is a huge admirer of the 37-year-old tennis star - who's regularly dubbed GOAT, the greatest of all time - and has even enjoyed a knock-about on court with him at the family's Norfolk retreat.

Prince George has practised his tennis with Roger Federer, reveals the Duchess of Cambridge | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 191995

The Duke of York, the Earl of Forfar and the Princess Royal joined their mother, the Queen, at the Royal Garden Party held at Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh this afternoon. The event saw thousands of people from across Scotland invited into the ancient royal residence to celebrate their achievements.

The Queen is joined by three of her children for Holyrood Garden Party

This website is great if your a fan of the royal family and want royal news.

When I see photographs like this in the 1st of July, and know where I live it is nearing 100 degrees, I just can't imagine how hot and sweaty she must be and the others wearing those clothes. Even if it is a lightweight fabric, it looks like sweat City to me. But everyone always looks so fresh and not heat stroke temperatures. Why is that?

:) I love this thread. That is all

I have the urge to binge watch some of The Tudors :rolleyes: But would settle for the Other Boleyn Girl

I hear you ;) I recently bought The Holiday DVD, a Christmas movie starring Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz. Both needing a change of scenery from their respective lives, the women switch homes for the holidays. Kate Winslet moves into Cameron Diaz swanky southern California digs, while Cameron Diaz visits a quaint cottage in Surrey, England. It's a charming story and among my favorite holiday movies. In addition to Winslet and Diaz, the movie also features Jack Black and Jude Law. Not a 4th of July film, but I plan to watch it today anyway :D

Last edited:
When I see photographs like this in the 1st of July, and know where I live it is nearing 100 degrees, I just can't imagine how hot and sweaty she must be and the others wearing those clothes. Even if it is a lightweight fabric, it looks like sweat City to me. But everyone always looks so fresh and not heat stroke temperatures. Why is that?

I too have wondered how they keep from passing out with all those clothes on. When it gets hot out I have a terrible time keeping cool and not sweating to death as the heat really bothers me. And I can’t imagine putting on a hat in the heat....my head would be dripping with sweat from being overheated. I have no idea how the royals always look so cool and put together. I would fail miserably.

I too have wondered how they keep from passing out with all those clothes on. When it gets hot out I have a terrible time keeping cool and not sweating to death as the heat really bothers me. And I can’t imagine putting on a hat in the heat....my head would be dripping with sweat from being overheated. I have no idea how the royals always look so cool and put together. I would fail miserably.

Imagine having to put on panty hose on a hot July day :eek: I've never been a summer girl and dislike the season more and more as I get older. I'm a fainter from way back as I get dehydrated and dizzy when I get too warm. I prefer to stay indoors with the A/C running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks