The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keine Engel - you are quite welcome! :)

It sure sounds like the Royal Family has a LOT of different tiaras! Anyone know "how many" they actually have?? I've seen quite a few of them posted here.

And a whole LOT of shaking going on in the Los Angeles area. Thankfully I don't live there anymore...

It sure sounds like the Royal Family has a LOT of different tiaras! Anyone know "how many" they actually have?? I've seen quite a few of them posted here.

And a whole LOT of shaking going on in the Los Angeles area. Thankfully I don't live there anymore...
:) I'm curious myself, it's something I've thought about as I haven't seen it really mentioned or any kind of straightforward answer?

This however gives you a good idea that it maybe quite a lot - Tiara Alert! :D

I (& many here) I'm sure could easily name many more than just these before actually going to look into any further, I'd think..

*40*:confused:EXQUISITE TIARAS OWNED BY THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY

All that glitters.
A remnant of a more formal, glitzier time, where royals donned jewels for everything from parties to concerts, nowadays only state occasions and royal weddings call for tiaras to be called from the vaults.

Which is a shame, because the British royal family owns SO many.

From towering creations of platinum, sapphires and rubies, to dainty diamond circlets, the Queen's jewel vaults run deep. And although the politics of said jewels are complicated (there are tiaras owned by the family but not worn, and tiaras worn by the royal family but not owned...), it's impossible to deny their beauty.

1550120411548_GettyImages-664603322.jpg

The York Diamond Tiara.

The history:
In a surprise move, the royal family had a brand new tiara made for royal bride Sarah Ferguson when she married into the family. It was made by Garrard.

**I really should've added a pic of this in previous post about Sarah :rolleyes:

1550120411547_GettyImages-613467400.jpg

The George IV State Diadem.

The history:
This special piece, made in 1820, has been worn by four queens so far: Queen Victoria, Alexandra, Mary and Elizabeth II. It's one of the more symbolic ones, as it's only worn by queens.

I know everyone's aware of this one but I like the pic :p

1550120411483_GettyImages-3280616.jpg

Queen Mary's Boucheron Loop Tiara.
The history: Using a collection of 675 diamonds given to her by de Beers, Queen Mary of Teck commissioned Boucheron to make this looped tiara.

The current wearer: It's currently unworn.

1550120411462_GettyImages-3143076.jpg

The Teck Crescent Tiara.

The history: Originally owned by Princess Mary Adelaide, the Duchess of Teck (Queen Mary of Teck's mother), this tiara is made up of diamond crescent moons and has a stacked band.

The current wearer: It is currently unworn.
1550120411525_GettyImages-52114622.jpg

The Teck Turquoise Tiara.

The history: Another tiara made for Queen Mary of Teck, this huge turquoise tiara comes as part of a set including earrings, a necklace, rings and brooches.

The current wearer: Birgitte, Duchess of Gloucester.

40 Exquisite Tiaras Owned By The British Royal Family

Oh wanted to mentioned this
For all the historical royal watchers
Charles II: The Power and the Passion - Wikipedia
I may have gone to some lengths to watch the unedited UK version a few years ago ;)
That made me lol

...but then curious...
movember.gif

Charles II: The Power and the Passion
220px-Charles_II_The_Power_and_The_Passion.png
It was shown in the United States under the title The Last King: The Power and the Passion of King Charles II.
This version, however, was heavily edited. The original British version is a four part series. For American broadcast, over an hour was edited out

All in all, the cuts made by A&E distort the picture of Charles II's personality and political maneuvers whereas the version shown in Britain displays much more fully Charles II's "shifty insincerity"...

Indeed, the cuts seem to have been made with little regard for continuity or narrative coherence in the American version... :rolleyes:

The American version presents Charles as the last "absolute" monarch of England. This does not dovetail with the historical reality...:eek:

The full BBC version gives a more detailed, coherent presentation of the story of Charles' life and (temporary) victory over his opponents in Parliament.

Three scenes of brief nudity were also removed.:D 《lol - editing out 'nudity' made by the BBC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh love that. If I ever have the need for a tiara.....

Raising my hand also on not liking HOT days! Finally a nice day here - 70s! And a little rain now & then!

Look what I found while I was browsing my FB page. And thought of all you here that like tiaras! :)
It's called the Forest Queen Tiara (headband)
View attachment 192220

They are having a sale - 62.99 euros to 29.95 euros!

Order here:
Handmade Forest Queen Tiara

Thanks. That was very interesting.
51f0bbb4eac02796748ce70c15728787_384.png
This part in particular caught my attention;

"Celtic tribes in the eighth to sixth centuries B.C. created elaborate headwear like the bronze diadem excavated from Cavenham Heath in Suffolk, England. This Celtic diadem was probably made in the period from the second century to the fourth century A.D."

Needless to say I was intrigued to see what a 2,000 year old 'tiara!' looked like ;)

Good Grief!
You would think I wouldn't have that much of a problem searching for an image of:
*bronze diadem discovered in 'Cavenham Heath' Suffolk* ?

:eek:
*1*= ONE image??
- which I am 99% sure IS the actual diadem

- It's from a dead link :confused:

- From the written description I was convinced THIS is it!

So with a bit of help in verification from the wonderful Wayback Machine ...
1816290wc8jb9ec7q.gif

Tiara Alert! :p

The 'Cavenham Heath' Celtic Bronze Diadem
source.gif
:D Just Kidding...

celtic-diadem-jpg.192354

diadem

Attachments

• Celtic Diadem.jpg
    Celtic Diadem.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 75
Royal fans descend on Windsor amid criticism of Harry and Meghan for freezing the public out of Archie's secret christening: Experts say the couple risk 'upsetting the people who love them the most'

Senior royals including Charles, William and Kate gather in Windsor for baby Archie's christening | Daily Mail Online

<modsnip>

I don’t think Archie is sick I just think the Duke of Sussex is being very protective of his family. The Sussex family are not going to be as accessible to the media and the public. I would keep an eye out for a few photos on Instagram later this afternoon as Buckingham Palace announced some would be released The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) • Instagram photos and videos

Royal fans descend on Windsor amid criticism of Harry and Meghan for freezing the public out of Archie's secret christening: Experts say the couple risk 'upsetting the people who love them the most'...
<modsnip>
They're NOT "hiding the baby" (well in this instance at least ;) )
When have the Press or public attended ANY Royal christenings?
They are always held in PRIVATE!

:confused: Have I mentioned I really hate the Daily Mail?

The royal couple have refused to reveal who their son's godparents are despite billing the public £2.4million for renovations to Frogmore cottage...

Publicity expert 《Wot? LOL Mark Borkowski also warned of growing backlash, saying: 'This is what you'd expect a Hollywood A-lister to do - purposefully to be antagonist to the traditional system and not engaging with media in any shape or form'...

*Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty magazine, suggested Prince Harry, 34, and Meghan Markle, 37, had 'really upset the people who loved them the most' with the move, telling the Daily Express they had 'misinterpreted the whole situation'.

*Seward went on to reveal: 'The secrecy and evasiveness of the whole situation has been so mismanaged. It's a real shame.'

smiley-faces-animations-29.gif
*She wants sacking immediately
&
The entire Daily Mail staff each handed a p45 even faster

I agree 100 percent. And if anyone on this planet royal or not has the right without judgement to shield his child from the press it’s Prince Harry MOO
:)

I don’t think Archie is sick I just think the Duke of Sussex is being very protective of his family. The Sussex family are not going to be as accessible to the media and the public. I would keep an eye out for a few photos on Instagram later this afternoon as Buckingham Palace announced some would be released The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) • Instagram photos and videos

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I'm more inclined to believe that there is a major media deal in the works with an American publication - i.e. People Magazine - for exclusive photos and details of Archie's birth, christening, first few weeks of life. I think this is all being handled very strategically for maximum benefit for the Sussex brand.

;)Has this statement been posted here?

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle christen baby Archie

In a statement this week, Buckingham Palace confirmed: "Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor will be christened in a small private ceremony by the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Private Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday 6th July. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex look forward to sharing some images taken on the day by photographer Chris Allerton. The godparents, in keeping with their wishes, will remain private."

Archie Harrison's christening as it happened: LIVE UPDATES | HELLO!

It is so hard to believe that Little Archie is already 2 months old. Looking forward to the day when we can see pictures of him. I don't blame H and M for protecting his privacy but darn who doesn't like looking at baby pictures.

Why Meghan Markle's Approach to Royal Baby Archie's Christening Isn't So Surprising

Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, has always approached her royal role with her own spin. For the christening of royal baby Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor Saturday, then, it should come as no surprise that everyone has been paying close attention to her plans for the big day. Christenings are the first major religious ceremony that a royal baby participates in, inducting them into the Church of England. Royal christenings are also filled with time-honored traditions, from the royal christening gown worn by the child to the various historic churches in which they take place...

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I don't think there is anything specifically they're 'hiding'
I agree completely with WHY *IF* Harry is purposely 'hiding' Archie but I'm really having serious doubts that IS actually the case :cool:

BBM^ I'll admit that made me...
BarePossibleAfricanharrierhawk-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics