The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because she knew the Queen wouldn't be there ;)

tumblr_n0l5i9ttRb1r8o3vyo1_1280.gif

Nothing could be as bad as having your privates nearly hanging out while pregnant. Really, gross. JMO

Adwoa-Aboah-Meghan-Julia-Gillard-INternational-Womens-Day-Panel-Seated-Reiss-Azzura-Dress-March-8-2019-via-KP-1170x780.jpg

'What's wrong with William's face?' Royal fans celebrating Archie's christening today claim the Duke of Cambridge looked 'sour' and 'not amused' in the official photographs

Royal fans celebrating Archie's christening claim the Prince William looked 'sour' in photographs | Daily Mail Online

I’m so glad I don’t have to live with this degree of scrutiny every day I would go crazy. I like the Daily Mail website for photos but they are really annoying me by trying to stirr up trouble for clicks.
:confused: It looks more like he's trying not to laugh?
20190706_184010-jpg.192385

(Or been caught with a mouthful of buffet-nibbles :D )

Attachments

• 20190706_184010.jpg
    20190706_184010.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 110
View attachment 192383 View attachment 192384

'What's wrong with William's face?' Royal fans celebrating Archie's christening today claim the Duke of Cambridge looked 'sour' and 'not amused' in the official photographs

Royal fans celebrating Archie's christening claim the Prince William looked 'sour' in photographs | Daily Mail Online

I’m so glad I don’t have to live with this degree of scrutiny every day I would go crazy. I like the Daily Mail website for photos but they are really annoying me by trying to stirr up trouble for clicks.

I think his eyes are smiling.

Remember, there were probably 50 shots taken and the one chosen is likely the one where Harry, Megan and the baby looked the best.

I've thought the same since before the baby was born. MM wants to copy the same plan as Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie when they sold photos of their first born child to the highest bidder in exchange for charitable donations to their foundation. MM and Harry were probably hoping to sell access to the first photo in order to get a donation for the new foundation they started after splitting from the joint one Harry had with William. Perhaps the Queen stepped in and told them they needed to make a christening photo public.

That said, I've little doubt MM will sell access to the baby to magazines, tv shows, etc. in exchange for charitable donations.

Exactly! Meghan seems far more likely to emulate "Hollywood" than adhere to Royal tradition.

I love the B/W photo of the Sussex family :) Hollywood headshots are black & white ;)

Isn't Archie just precious!!! He's a ginger ! He looks so much like a blend between Harry as a baby & Harry now. Such a wonderful group photo. William looks like he's just about to say something funny & start laughing. Kate looks fabulous! I love the pics!

Master Archie is. just. so. cute!!

AAAF11AC-F443-48B2-B407-ED0AB08B0350.jpeg
9B728DFD-6E37-48CC-91AA-36660907BED5.jpeg

He’s a cute baby. Looks to be a mix of both parents. Definitely Meghan’s eyes, and his hair does look strawberry.

Meghan looks wonderful too.

I think Will is having a moment trying not to crack up over something. Who knows what the convo is trying to get everyone on the same page during photo shoots?

View attachment 192400
View attachment 192401

He’s a cute baby. Looks to be a mix of both parents. Definitely Meghan’s eyes, and his hair does look strawberry.

I think Will is having a moment trying not to crack up over something. Who knows what the convo is trying to get everyone on the same page during photo shoots?

Indeed, a beautiful baby!

View attachment 192400
View attachment 192401

upload_2019-7-6_13-13-27.png
Source: SwedishRoyalFamilyFanSite
The baby (at this stage) seems to have the eyes and nose of the Ragland family. He's adorable, but lots of babies change looks within the first year.

MM seems to have started looking more like her mother during pregnancy and afterwards. Her mother looks great.
I'm sure we'll find out who the godparents are eventually. Christenings are supposed to be private. Parents, family, and God. It's not meant to be a big spectacle regardless if you are royalty or a commoner. At most you invite family and friends over to the house for cake, refreshments, and snacks, or you host in the church hall or the narthex.

Both he and American wife Meghan, 37, are said to be using a royal loophole to ensure Archie’s godparents remain secret, the Mail Online reports. Typically, under Church of England rules the details of all pubic baptisms can be obtained including information on the godparents.

Archie christening: Prince Harry ‘behind ban on naming Archie’s godparents’ - NOT Meghan
Not quite ;)

Church of England’s Parochial Registers and Records Measure 1978, “a register book of public and private baptisms shall be provided for every parish.

The register to be used in this case is held privately by the royal household on behalf of the Crown and we understand that it has never complied with the usual requirement," the spokesperson stated.

As Queen Elizabeth II is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England, it is likely that the Private Chapel is a royal peculiar – a church that belongs directly to the monarch and not to any diocese, so it does not come under the jurisdiction of a bishop.
This means the general rules of the Church of England don't apply.

Basically the books of records for each parish are kept & available AT EACH parish church.
As this church - Windsor (the parish) is within private grounds belonging to the 'Crown' therefore the 'Supreme Governor of the Church of England'- the Monarch i.e. the Queen :confused:

Not a loophole it's been like that as long as the Church of England itself.

I'm thinking Archie looks a lot more like his Markle grandfather than his Prince Charles Grandfather. I don't see a lot of the Spencer family line in that little baby face. either

15709286-7219483-Finally_baby_Archie_s_face_is_revealed_The_stunning_snap_shows_o-m-4_1562436823753.jpg

15715744-0-image-m-52_1562444487636.jpg

It would be very interesting if he turned out looking a lot like the grandfather that may never be allowed to see him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member