The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking Archie looks a lot more like his Markle grandfather than his Prince Charles Grandfather. I don't see a lot of the Spencer family line in that little baby face. either

15709286-7219483-Finally_baby_Archie_s_face_is_revealed_The_stunning_snap_shows_o-m-4_1562436823753.jpg

15715744-0-image-m-52_1562444487636.jpg

It would be very interesting if he turned out looking a lot like the grandfather that may never be allowed to see him.
:confused: I dunno?
They all kinda look the same at that age
20190706_230429-jpg.192417

15416d8547bf9ab1267495aed2d31ffb.gif

20190706_230252-jpg.192416

Attachments

• 20190706_230252.jpg
    20190706_230252.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20190706_230429.jpg
    20190706_230429.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 150
Whenever someone has a baby that is in my husband’s circle but not mine, I ask him what the baby looks like.

He says they all look the same. Like Ike Eisenhower. A baby is always the most beautiful to the parents and grandparents.

Can you imagine if the godparents’ names were revealed? They would have no peace.

Why choose this one and not that one? Forsaken friends furious for not being chosen. Rift in royal family over godparent choice. Etc etc etc.

Meghan cannot help it if the public wants pictures of every aspect of her life. She is not choosing to be photographed just as Diana did not choose to be continuously photographed.

Let us not forget how the public was appalled by her choice of some of her boyfriends esp her last one. Oooh the scandal.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but ... I do believe this thread was intended to be light-hearted for those folks interested in the Royal Family.

To those who are really not interested in the discussion or only have unkind things to say about the RF, then perhaps it's time to visit other threads that would interest you more.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but ... I do believe this thread was intended to be light-hearted for those folks interested in the Royal Family.

To those who are really not interested in the discussion or only have unkind things to say about the RF, then perhaps it's time to visit other threads that would interest you more.

No, you’re not wrong SB. It really is meant to be lighthearted. I/we might critique Meghan’s way of dressing on occasion, but only because of wanting her to look as terrific as possible. She really needs our help sometimes. :D

Innuendo, questioning motives, unkind rumors, and such things clash with the purpose of the thread IMO. Thanks for stepping in. :)

A link to some of the Royal christenings in Europe. Seems to be quite different from the British Royal Family. Nothing wrong with that. I do like that the Royal family (Britain) keeps christenings private (except the one time that it wasn't).

I don't see too many babies being christened in traditional dresses anymore. The dresses certainly aren't cheap, especially for wearing only once. But they are beautiful.

Prince Louis' christening: a look back at other royal babies' big days

Is that true?

She doesnt become a regent. I thought she would become the Queen Consort as she is not royal

I'm with you, I thought that both Kate and Camilla will be Queen consorts.

ETA

The title and part of the body is incorrect, but if you read into the article it does say

"She’ll be crowned queen consort, much in the same way the Queen Mother was [to Queen Elizabeth II’s father, George VI.]”"

Ooohhhh, "the diamond consort crown is decorated with some 2,800 diamonds — though the pièce de résistance is undoubtedly the 105-carat Koh-I-Noor diamond that serves as the centerpiece."

Whoa!

Archie is so, so cute! I see Meghan’s face and Harry’s eyes and hair. As Archie grows, it will be interesting to see the physical changes in him! Some times he will look more like Harry and sometimes more like Meghan until one day we will see Archie. I love the family picture and I am happy it was shared.

I wonder how long the christening gown is! It must be very adjustable to fit the sizes of so many babies!

Private christening of royal baby Archie causes stir

London – The youngest member of Britain’s royal family, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, was christened at Windsor Castle on Saturday in a private ceremony – too private for some royal fans.

The 2-month-old son of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was baptized in the castle’s private chapel by Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, head of the Church of England...

ETA

The title and part of the body is incorrect, but if you read into the article it does say

"She’ll be crowned queen consort, much in the same way the Queen Mother was [to Queen Elizabeth II’s father, George VI.]”"

Ooohhhh, "the diamond consort crown is decorated with some 2,800 diamonds — though the pièce de résistance is undoubtedly the 105-carat Koh-I-Noor diamond that serves as the centerpiece."

Whoa!

All About the Diamond Consort Crown Kate Middleton Will Wear When She Becomes Queen

Where does the article say Regent???

Here's the Crown Duchess Kate Will Wear When She Becomes Queen

All About the Diamond Consort Crown Kate Middleton Will Wear When She Becomes Queen

Where does the article say Regent???

Here's the Crown Duchess Kate Will Wear When She Becomes Queen

I get my crowns all mixed up, sorry. I thought that was a picture of the crown Queen Elizabeth wears when she opens Parliament. I did, however, go back and do my research. They sort of all look alike.

However, this article does an excellent job of setting them all straight. The Duchess of Cambridge will wear the Queen Mother's Crown when she becomes Queen Consort.

Crowns – Royal Exhibitions

Is that true?

She doesnt become a regent. I thought she would become the Queen Consort as she is not royal

...Ooohhhh, "the diamond consort crown is decorated with some 2,800 diamonds — though the pièce de résistance is undoubtedly the 105-carat Koh-I-Noor diamond that serves as the centerpiece."

Whoa!
As this article seems to have caused some confussion I managed to access the Google cached page to read it fully.

Firstly to clear up the 'Queen Consort/Regnant' :D

A queen regnant is a queen in her own right
With all the powers of a monarch, who (usually) has become queen by inheriting the throne upon the death of the previous monarch.

A queen consort is the wife of a reigning king

Kate will be Queen Consort.

O.k. now onto the CROWN
This is why I thought best read it myself as I was confused thinking I'd missed something :eek:
While nothing is quite as elaborate as the crown Duchess Kate will wear to assume the role of queen...

And let’s just say
that crown is a sight for sore eyes
That part I think is all speculation?
There is NO specific 'Consort Crown'

Queen Consorts have all had their own crown made in recent times.

All British queens consort in the 20th century, Alexandra of Denmark, Mary of Teck and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, wore their own specially made consort crowns, made in 1902, 1911 and 1937 respectively

The crown in the article is;
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother's Crown
254162-1330618864.jpg
Provenance
The crown was created for Queen Elizabeth for the coronation of King George VI on 12 May 1937.

This crown was made in 1937 for Queen Elizabeth, consort of King George VI, using many stones already in the collection. Most of the diamonds were removed from Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet.

:cool: Crown Trivia...
After the death of the king, Queen Elizabeth, known thereafter as the Queen Mother, did not wear the full crown, but wore it minus the arches as a circlet at the coronation of her daughter,

It was placed on top of the Queen Mother's coffin for her lying-in-state and funeral in 2002

The crown is on public display along with the other Crown Jewels in the Jewel House at the Tower of London

;)That all said I suspect Kate will possibly remodel it (or someother crown in the collection?) rather than have her own made from scratch - imagine all the outrage that would cause lol

The 'Koh-I-Noor Diamond'
well that's a whole other story...

Royal Collection Trust
Garrard & Co - Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mothers Crown
Crown of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother - Wikipedia
Consort crown - Wikipedia

As this article seems to have caused some confussion I managed to access the Google cached page to read it fully.

Firstly to clear up the 'Queen Consort/Regnant' :D

A queen regnant is a queen in her own right
With all the powers of a monarch, who (usually) has become queen by inheriting the throne upon the death of the previous monarch.

A queen consort is the wife of a reigning king

Kate will be Queen Consort.

O.k. now onto the CROWN
This is why I thought best read it myself as I was confused thinking I'd missed something :eek:

That part I think is all speculation?
There is NO specific 'Consort Crown'

Queen Consorts have all had their own crown made in recent times.

All British queens consort in the 20th century, Alexandra of Denmark, Mary of Teck and Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, wore their own specially made consort crowns, made in 1902, 1911 and 1937 respectively

The crown in the article is;
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother's Crown
254162-1330618864.jpg
Provenance
The crown was created for Queen Elizabeth for the coronation of King George VI on 12 May 1937.

This crown was made in 1937 for Queen Elizabeth, consort of King George VI, using many stones already in the collection. Most of the diamonds were removed from Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet.

:cool: Crown Trivia...
After the death of the king, Queen Elizabeth, known thereafter as the Queen Mother, did not wear the full crown, but wore it minus the arches as a circlet at the coronation of her daughter,

It was placed on top of the Queen Mother's coffin for her lying-in-state and funeral in 2002

The crown is on public display along with the other Crown Jewels in the Jewel House at the Tower of London

;)That all said I suspect Kate will possibly remodel it (or someother crown in the collection?) rather than have her own made from scratch - imagine all the outrage that would cause lol

The 'Koh-I-Noor Diamond'
well that's a whole other story...

Royal Collection Trust
Garrard & Co - Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mothers Crown
Crown of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother - Wikipedia
Consort crown - Wikipedia

I love this thread! What an education for us. Thank you so much for taking the time to do that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54