The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Megan’s behaviour in that video seems exactly like her acting on Price is Right video

price is right megan markle

She seems really immature on it. Like a 22 year old valley girl

Not like a 38 year old.

I was thinking “Why doesn’t Harry renounce his claim to the throne and further shield Archie as a”private citizen” from the scrutiny of a royal life....

The I realized the succession would fall to:

6th in line: Prince Andrew
7th in line: Princess Beatrice
8th in line: Princess Eugenie

:eek:

Eugenie is the only one of the three who seems capable of the role

I’m hoping the Cambridges are lining up a girlfriend for Prince George and that Catherine is looking to have another baby or two:rolleyes:

...Meghan’s working girl perspective is authentic. We have charity businesses that outfit the working woman here in the US. It’s really great, donate your corporate wardrobes for those in need for a fraction of the cost for those that need it. I’m sure there are similar businesses in the UK.

What Meghan is doing is not groundbreaking but helping an existing cause. How much traction a special line of clothing gets in the U.K., I don’t know. I would actually like to see it include men trying to enter, or re-enter the work force, too.

I hoped others here knew that Meghan's foray into offering business attire for women isn't a novelty. Local chapters of the American Business Women's Association and American Association of University Women, etc. sponsor special events for high school and college graduates to help them enter the workforce. These organizations offer presentations to help young women write a resume, interview tips, as well as fashion shows and sales to help prospective employees "dress for success". I don't think they have their own lines of clothing, but the organizations accept donations from the public and retail outlets.

They really need to ask their friends to stop defending them, its eliciting no sympathy. Apparently its so difficult to fly first class as a celeb because people (even airport security shock horror) might want a photo. I sincerely doubt they are actually going through regular airport security and they have a security team with them so they won't be mobbed
Idris Elba's wife Sabrina Dhowre defends friend Meghan Markle and Prince Harry over private jet | Daily Mail Online

I don't think I've ever seen one of Kate or William's friends give an interview about them or sell a story, even during all the Waitey Katie stuff. There have been rumours over the years that William tells things to "friends" to see if it makes it to the papers and if it does that person is dropped.

Never complain, never explain would have had this story die days ago but Elton & co have kept it going.

Jeebus, writing on banana peels wasn’t enough?

Now she’s spouting self-help blather on cupcakes?

I’d be horrified if someone gave these to me

She’s just so into the Influencer / Pinterest / IG stuff

Megantoinette, the Dutchess of Pinterest

I hoped others here knew that Meghan's foray into offering business attire for women isn't a novelty. Local chapters of the American Business Women's Association and American Association of University Women, etc. sponsor special events for high school and college graduates to help them enter the workforce. These organizations offer presentations to help young women write a resume, interview tips, as well as fashion shows and sales to help prospective employees "dress for success". I don't think they have their own lines of clothing, but the organizations accept donations from the public and retail outlets.
EXACTLY!

Why not champion an Existing successful charity?

Someone seems like it always has to be about Her

They really need to ask their friends to stop defending them, its eliciting no sympathy. Apparently its so difficult to fly first class as a celeb because people (even airport security shock horror) might want a photo. I sincerely doubt they are actually going through regular airport security and they have a security team with them so they won't be mobbed
Idris Elba's wife Sabrina Dhowre defends friend Meghan Markle and Prince Harry over private jet | Daily Mail Online

I don't think I've ever seen one of Kate or William's friends give an interview about them or sell a story, even during all the Waitey Katie stuff. There have been rumours over the years that William tells things to "friends" to see if it makes it to the papers and if it does that person is dropped.

Never complain, never explain would have had this story die days ago but Elton & co have kept it going.
Now you’ve got me going

If you wanted your child shielded from publicity and raised as a normal child who would not be bullied or challenge about their privileges,

Why on God’s green earth would you allow Sir Elton John to be their Godparent?

Now you’ve got me going

If you wanted your child shielded from publicity and raised as a normal child who would not be bullied or challenge about their privileges,

Why on God’s green earth would you allow Sir Elton John to be their Godparent?

Makes me wonder what Meghan and Harry will do when he's old enough for pre-school or Kindergarten. Are they going to allow him to go to school or is he going to be shielded from the public his entire life? Imagine the restrictions that MM will place on teachers and other staff at whatever school they choose for Master Archie.

:confused: I'm so lost on this thread
...We have charity businesses that outfit the working woman here in the US. It’s really great, donate your corporate wardrobes for those in need for a fraction of the cost for those that need it. I’m sure there are similar businesses in the UK.

What Meghan is doing is not groundbreaking but helping an existing cause. How much traction a special line of clothing gets in the U.K., I don’t know. I would actually like to see it include men trying to enter, or re-enter the work force, too.

Can someone please explain :p...
Smart Works, one of Meghan's first patronages, helps women, many from disadvantaged backgrounds, get interview-ready by providing them with a new outfit and coaching from a team of volunteer mentors.
Who or what exactly is this charity intended for?

More to the point I'm confused as there's already plenty of help preparing for as well as financial assistance available for clothing & travel costs for anyone attending interviews.
All of which is freely available thru the Jobcentre in the U.K.
Which I assume anyone who's classed as having "disadvantaged backgrounds" would automatically be entitled in qualifying for?
What am I missing? o_O
Extra help when entering work - Entitledto

Thanks so much. I was sorry to worry folks but it was so last minute and not a bad gig staying at a beach house.
giphy.gif
Before @BetteDavisEyes reassured us you were o.k. I got so sad when someone brought up Poutine ;) on some other thread.​

:confused: I'm so lost on this thread

Can someone please explain :p...

Who or what exactly is this charity intended for?

More to the point I'm confused as there's already plenty of help preparing for as well as financial assistance available for clothing & travel costs for anyone attending interviews.
All of which is freely available thru the Jobcentre in the U.K.
Which I assume anyone who's classed as having "disadvantaged backgrounds" would automatically be entitled in qualifying for?
What am I missing? o_O

When Meghan's "charity" fashion line was introduced, I remember :rolleyes: and thinking that she must have thought that she is the first person ever to consider this concept. I chose not to comment because I was afraid of being overly critical when Meghan was making an effort to do something good. As it happens, what she really wants to promote is her "brand" in the form of a working woman's wardrobe. I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan's ultimate goal is to launch her own fashion line!

As you, rosemadderlake, and I have acknowledged, Meghan's concept isn't unique, nor is she the originator of the effort to offer wardrobe advice to young women entering the work force. What is different in this case is that Meghan is using this "charitable" effort to promote her own fashion line.

Bbm, no they don’t have their own clothing line. And this is where the rub is.

And this is where I have a problem, too.

I’m very supportive of those businesses that recycle. It’s the environment, baby.

Why do we need a clothing line when there are reems and wads, and piles of used recycling? In the landfills? Including clothing?

Seems out of touch, but moreover it seems out of touch with the future.

Speaking of cupcakes :p

I’m planning a trip to London next summer and am scouting cuisine experinces. Has anyone been here?
https://s23514.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/DSC08831-01-01-1080x1623.jpeg

Peggy Porschen Belgravia

This is calling me in like a homing beacon, like chumming for a shark..

SUMMER BERRIES AND FLEURS

Will I be allowed in if I am dressed in tourist black pants and tan tunic too? I so want to go in a pretty frilly pink dress and delicate pink sandals but they won’t make it into my carryon:(

Last edited:
Bbm, no they don’t have their own clothing line. And this is where the rub is.

And this is where I have a problem, too.

I’m very supportive of those businesses that recycle. It’s the environment, baby.

Why do we need a clothing line when there are reems and wads, and piles of used recycling? In the landfills? Including clothing?

Seems out of touch, but moreover it seems out of touch with the future.
Oh, zing

Textile waste and overstock is a huge pollutor, especially in countries like India, Indonesia, the Phillipines, Sri Lanka. These fabric clutter landfills and the chemicals used in the bleaching and dyes are very toxic

So sweet of you. I would mail you some but afraid it would be pretty disgusting upon arrival
Oh. I’ve learned SO MUCH about poutine from that other thread.

I had no idea there were such things as poutineries

For all my life I’ve recycled. Whether it be to a loved family member or to women of my size and taste.

Believe me, I’ve donated pieces I wish I had sold on eBay.

One of my favorite used clothing stores had an awesome array of men’s clothing, too.

This was of course before social media...

H&M might be victims, but also they are proprietors of the “same”.

It’s hard to root for them when they are booty smooching to the celebrity...

Makes me wonder what Meghan and Harry will do when he's old enough for pre-school or Kindergarten. Are they going to allow him to go to school or is he going to be shielded from the public his entire life? Imagine the restrictions that MM will place on teachers and other staff at whatever school they choose for Master Archie.
3 nannies and counting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member