The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So often I’ve noticed that even the most well-intentioned efforts to solve earth’s difficult problems end up backfiring in some way and/or creating problems no one anticipated.
I think this “carbon offset” plan to pay your way out of guilt was a slick little scam from the very start.

It’s obvious from a continent away.

Jmo He knows or is ignorant to the facts like a lot folks are about a lot of things. Just trying to create something to make more money. Get rid of nasty plastic bags and I’ll happy.
He absolutely does know A LOT BETTER than a lot of folk :mad:

His own Father has been practising what he preaches as a passionate environmental activist for the past 40 years!
IBzg.gif

The Prince of Wales's charities
Prince's Trust Group
The Prince's Foundation
The Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund
Royal Founding Patronages

For over 40 years His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales has been a leader in identifying charitable needs and setting up and driving forward charities to meet it.

Our Mission
I
nspired by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales’s values of harmony and sustainability, the Charitable Fund aims to transform lives and build sustainable communities.

Collectively The Prince of Wales's charities raise more than £100million annually to transform lives and build sustainable communities in the UK and oversea
s.
PWCF

Poundbury
Poundbury is an experimental new town or urban extension on the outskirts of Dorchester in the county of Dorset, England.

The development is built on land owned by the Duchy of Cornwall. It is built according to the principles of Charles, Prince of Wales, who is known for holding strong views challenging the post-war trends in town planning that were suburban in character.

Since starting in 1993, the town has received both criticism and praise from architects and design critics

.. and is designed for sustainable development, which includes carbon neutrality.*
Poundbury

:cool: The Anaerobic Digestor at Poundbury
anaerobic-digestor1.png
The Duchy of Cornwall makes considerable investments in renewable energy. These include biomass, ground source and solar photovoltaic projects, which simultaneously serve as tangible examples of best practice, reduce the estate's carbon footprint, and generate income.

This partnership has worked with local farmers to build and run the country's first full-scale anaerobic digester and biomethane-to-grid plant, which was opened by The Prince of Wales in November 2012.

“The plant at Poundbury provides renewable gas direct to the local community in Poundbury and across Dorset. It produces enough gas for the annual requirements of 3,200 new-build houses.”

The project won the Environmental Impact Award at the 2013 Energy Innovation Awards run by the gas and electricity industry, and was praised for creating “a meaningful, lasting legacy on the energy network

The biomethane-to-grid plant produces a net carbon saving of around 4,435 tonnes of CO2 equivalent emissions per year

Anaerobic Digestor

Only a few examples of the many relevant projects of....Harry's Own Father, :rolleyes:HRH Prince Charles

:mad: HE KNOWS!

He absolutely does know A LOT BETTER than a lot of folk

He should know better but Harry isn't exactly book smart. This is someone who with one of the most expensive educations, private tutors etc, only taking 2 A-Levels, could only manage a D in Geography and had his teacher cheat by writing the text to accompany his art project.

Harry seems to know a lot of buzzwords but I doubt you could have an intelligent conversation with him about the science of climate change and what any of it actually means.

Harry always seemed to have his Mother's emotional intelligence when it came to relating to people and interacting with the public, thats where his strengths lie.

He should know better but Harry isn't exactly book smart. This is someone who with one of the most expensive educations, private tutors etc, only taking 2 A-Levels, could only manage a D in Geography and had his teacher cheat by writing the text to accompany his art project.

Harry seems to know a lot of buzzwords but I doubt you could have an intelligent conversation with him about the science of climate change and what any of it actually means.

Harry always seemed to have his Mother's emotional intelligence when it came to relating to people and interacting with the public, thats where his strengths lie.
This explains why the Sussex’s Twitter posting about launching Travalyst is unintelligible. It’s just some prettty, patronizing phrases thrown together that seem to look they say something.

But they don’t at all

Last edited:
Which British Food are you?

I got Yorkshire Pudding :p
Yorkshire pudding is very versatile and so are you. You're at home in a variety of situations, which is why your friends always contact you for advice on appropriate attire for certain occasions. They also know you'll always have an answer for what they can say at work or on a first date. You're the advice-giver in your group of friends and that suits you just fine.

Howstuffworks: What British Food Are You?

I got 75% on the food quiz... but I’m learning :p

And... mystified on the which British food are you?
What? I want to be Yorkshire pudding!
Actually, all those sausage, egg, and meat pie dishes with the craziest names are what I am craving... oh and the mushy peas :D

I’d have the best time in a British pub, I know it.

The strawberries and cream is accurate in that I’m not high maintenance. But strawberry is not my favorite... lol!

You Got:
Strawberries with Clotted Cream
Like strawberries with clotted cream, you're sweet and everybody loves you. Your friends call you when they need a pick-me-up. Many people may misread you and think you're more high maintenance then you actually are, but you're fine with that because it gives you the opportunity to surprise them with your real personality.

;)
Downton Abbey Afternoon Tea Honey
iipsrv.fcgi
$7.99 (£6.61)
A proper way to sweeten up your afternoon cuppa, this honey is decorated with Downton Abbey packaging. Bees pollinate blossoming spring and summer flowers in the Spanish countryside to create this golden wildflower honey. Perfect for gifting to any Downton fan, it adds an extra special touch to teatime.

Specificationsy
Spanish honey
Made in Spain

Meh :rolleyes:

What's all this 'SPAIN' thing?
I think I'll stick with Charles...

Duchy Originals Scottish heather honey
LN_777779_BP_4.jpg
£5.10*
Velvety, aromatic honey gathered from beehives on the bell and ling heather-rich moorland of the Balmoral Estate in Scotland :)
* It's cheaper too

Waitrose Duchy Originals

Attachments

• 20190904_002122.jpg
    20190904_002122.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 118
You Got:
Strawberries with Clotted Cream
Like strawberries with clotted cream, you're sweet and everybody loves you. Your friends call you when they need a pick-me-up. Many people may misread you and think you're more high maintenance then you actually are, but you're fine with that because it gives you the opportunity to surprise them with your real personality.

...Shepherd's pie IS NOT the same as Cottage pie :mad:

Shepherd's Pie is typically make with lamb that was previously cooked, i.e. leg of lamb or fresh ground lamb. Cottage Pie is made with beef - leftover roast beef or ground beef. I make Shepherd's Pie for St. Patrick's Day :)

:)Just to add to what @gregjrichards explained the streets & roads in London were packed, it was a security nightmare.

Althorp is also quite some distance from London which getting to by car means travelling on the motorway. If you don't know anything about our motorways, any incidents/hold ups would pretty much have a knock-on effect causing chaos throughout the whole country :D (+ the whole security thing as well) Even so they still did have issues for concern with people along, above, the entire route throwing flowers etc

As for the Prince's walking with the casket:( this article gives a good insight into decisions they faced & a lot of what went on that week.

The Complicated Truth About the Royal Family's Reaction to Princess Diana's Death

...Neither brother initially wanted to walk behind the casket in the funeral procession to Westminster Abbey, but their grandfather Prince Philip—who, like his wife, also had a complicated relationship with Diana when she was alive—encouraged it.

"If you don't walk, you may regret it later," he told William,

"I think you should do it. If I walk, will you walk with me?"

William and Harry solemnly joined the procession as it passed St. James' Palace, making for one of the most memorable news images of all time.

NINTCHDBPICT000331089546.jpg

"I don't think any child should be asked to do that under any circumstances. I don't think it would happen today," Prince Harry told Newsweek last year. But he also said in Diana, 7 Days that he was "glad" to have done it, whether it was right or wrong.

Just last year, Charles Spencer told BBC Radio 4 that he had objected strongly to the idea of his nephews taking that long, public walk, calling it a "very bizarre and cruel" thing to be asked to do. "Eventually I was lied to and told they wanted to do it, which of course they didn't but I didn't realize that," he said.

"It was truly horrifying, actually," he further recalled. "We would walk a hundred yards and hear people sobbing and then walk round a corner and somebody wailing and shouting out messages of love to Diana or William and Harry, and it was a very, very tricky time."

The Complicated Truth About the Royal Family's Reaction to Princess Diana's Death | E! News UK

Quote from the article.

In the eulogy he delivered at Westminster Abbey, Spencer said, "It is a tribute to her level-headedness and strength that despite the most bizarre life imaginable after her childhood, she remained intact, true to herself...I don't think she ever understood why her genuinely good intentions were sneered at by the media, why there appeared to be a permanent quest on their behalf to bring her down. It is baffling.

"My own and only explanation is that genuine goodness is threatening to those at the opposite end of the moral spectrum. It is a point to remember that of all the ironies about Diana, perhaps the greatest was this: a girl given the name of the ancient goddess of hunting was, in the end, the most hunted person of the modern age. She would want us today to pledge ourselves to protecting her beloved boys, William and Harry, from a similar fate and I do this here, Diana, on your behalf. We will not allow them to suffer the anguish that used regularly to drive you to tearful despair."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeFab