The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'The couple's Instagram' o_O may very well state:
"Royal Tour of Southern Africa"

But the Official 'The Royal Household © Crown Copyright' website does not.

royal-u-k-jpg.201995
It says:

Future Engagements
"There are currently no future engagements in the system"

- I double checked extending search from now to 31st Dec.?
Royal Household © Crown

I know but maybe it has maybe not been updated for security reasons.

'The couple's Instagram' o_O may very well state:
"Royal Tour of Southern Africa"

But the Official 'The Royal Household © Crown Copyright' website does not.

royal-u-k-jpg.201995
It says:

Future Engagements
"There are currently no future engagements in the system"

- I double checked extending search from now to 31st Dec.?
Royal Household © Crown

Here’s a link. I had a tough time finding the calendar. And of course I thought that 3/9/19 to 3/10/19 was referring to March 9-10 and started to change it to read 9/3/19 to 10/3/19. I caught myself in time. :D

Future Engagements

View attachment 201990

The tour starts on the 23rd of September

“Prince Harry had shared the same message to the couple's Instagram grid on Saturday, but without giving away further details. This time, there was a countdown clock underneath the message which read "Royal Tour of Southern Africa" at the top. This was counting down from 21 days and seven hours, and if you click on it, it says their tour will start on 23 September.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal the date for their royal tour of Southern Africa – see details

A Countdown Clock? WTF?

Things that make sense for a Countdown Clock:

1. Brexit

2. Christmas

3. For your 5 year old's first trip to Disneyland

Last edited:
I saw Princess Diana's hearse driving all alone.

I find that extremely sad
They did follow on slightly later. Remember the hearse was going 20 mph at best with people throwing flowers and it had to stop constantly as the driver couldn’t see out the windscreen. The motorway and roads were closed and people were lined up at the side of the road for miles and miles. Someone could have rushed the car carrying the princes which would have been a security concern. As long as the Princesses loved ones were at the service and burial that’s all that really matters.

:)Just to add to what @gregjrichards explained the streets & roads in London were packed, it was a security nightmare.

Althorp is also quite some distance from London which getting to by car means travelling on the motorway. If you don't know anything about our motorways, any incidents/hold ups would pretty much have a knock-on effect causing chaos throughout the whole country :D (+ the whole security thing as well) Even so they still did have issues for concern with people along, above, the entire route throwing flowers etc

As for the Prince's walking with the casket:( this article gives a good insight into decisions they faced & a lot of what went on that week.

The Complicated Truth About the Royal Family's Reaction to Princess Diana's Death

...Neither brother initially wanted to walk behind the casket in the funeral procession to Westminster Abbey, but their grandfather Prince Philip—who, like his wife, also had a complicated relationship with Diana when she was alive—encouraged it.

"If you don't walk, you may regret it later," he told William,

"I think you should do it. If I walk, will you walk with me?"

William and Harry solemnly joined the procession as it passed St. James' Palace, making for one of the most memorable news images of all time.

NINTCHDBPICT000331089546.jpg

"I don't think any child should be asked to do that under any circumstances. I don't think it would happen today," Prince Harry told Newsweek last year. But he also said in Diana, 7 Days that he was "glad" to have done it, whether it was right or wrong.

Just last year, Charles Spencer told BBC Radio 4 that he had objected strongly to the idea of his nephews taking that long, public walk, calling it a "very bizarre and cruel" thing to be asked to do. "Eventually I was lied to and told they wanted to do it, which of course they didn't but I didn't realize that," he said.

"It was truly horrifying, actually," he further recalled. "We would walk a hundred yards and hear people sobbing and then walk round a corner and somebody wailing and shouting out messages of love to Diana or William and Harry, and it was a very, very tricky time."

The Complicated Truth About the Royal Family's Reaction to Princess Diana's Death | E! News UK

I know but maybe it has maybe not been updated for security reasons.
I don't think so ;)

- snippets
11 September 2019

The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall...

3 September 2019

The Princess Royal...

21 October 2019

The Earl of Wessex...

2 October 2019

The Countess of Wessex...

Here’s a link. I had a tough time finding the calendar. And of course I thought that 3/9/19 to 3/10/19 was referring to March 9-10 and started to change it to read 9/3/19 to 10/3/19. I caught myself in time. :D

Future Engagements
imgbin-smiley-emoticon-lol-icon-smiley-062sxiunzn53n5nCTTS5pSNk7.jpg

They aren’t visiting Southern Africa though which is a dangerous part of the continent.
All I'm saying is the 'Official' site which has details of all the public engagements, until the end of October, for every other member of the Royal Family does NOT have anything about this so called 'Official Royal Tour'

;) If it was a security concern why then would they post it on 'Instagram'?

If it was a security concern why then would they post it on 'Instagram'?

Maybe they wanted to be the ones to talk about their trip first before the media looked at the schedule. It’s obviously a very meaningful trip for Harry and it was perhaps important to him to express his feelings about it in his own way. I’m sure it will show up on the official schedule soon.

All I'm saying is the 'Official' site which has details of all the public engagements, until the end of October, for every other member of the Royal Family does NOT have anything about this so called 'Official Royal Tour'

;) If it was a security concern why then would they post it on 'Instagram'?

The countdown clock has been removed I don’t see it on my Instagram feed I did when it was posted.

Don’t mention that B word I’m sick of it. I’m just really worried I won’t get my 13 medications if there is chaos.

I have seen Paddy Whelan's Pub on my walks thru Old Town. Another one to try! Thanks Keine Engel! :)

Herat said:
Things that make sense for a Countdown Clock:

1. Brexit

2. Christmas

3. For your 5 year old's first trip to Disneyland

4. Trip back to California - 15 days...
48x48px-LL-5c01b62f_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-060.gif

Sorry - OT again... :rolleyes:

I was totally shocked and dismayed at the rumors about Diana. Was it the chauffer? I forget. And the vitriol towards Dodie and his family was awful.

I remember all of the things said about Harrods. Diana did not have all love from the public until she died
Do you mean her protection officer?
It wasn't a rumour ;)

Princess Diana revealed her "greatest love" was a bodyguard she had an affair with, in video footage broadcast for the first time.

In tapes showed in the Channel 4 documentary Diana: In Her Own Words, she sensationally claimed bodyguard Barry Mannakee was sacked from his job and then “bumped off".

Princess Diana revealed 'the greatest love I've ever had' was bodyguard Barry Mannakee in secret tapes

Princess Diana revealed 'the greatest love I've ever had' in secret tapes

:rolleyes: Oh, my, my where to start with crazy Mohamed?

Way back when he was starting out in business with good old Adnan Khashoggi? (Dodi's Uncle)

Or
The controversial take-over of Harrods...

His purchase of Harrods 25 years ago was itself controversial. A British government inquiry raised questions about the deal and likely influenced the authorities' decision to reject al Fayed's applications for U.K. citizenship

Or maybe..
The “cash-for-questions” scandal which ultimately lead to the downfall of the entire British Conservative Government.

then there's this; :)
Mohamed Fayed calls Prince Philip a Nazi

In a series of dramatic accusations, delivered from the witness box at the Princess's High Court inquest...

Mohamed Fayed accused the Duke of Edinburgh of being a "racist Nazi" who ordered MI6 to assassinate Diana, Princess of Wales:confused: because she was pregnant with Mr Fayed's grandchild.

or possibly...:cool:
The £12+million, 3 year British Police Crime Investigation (Operation Paget) which was set up to investigate the allegations of each of his *175* different conspiracy theories that Diana & Dodi had been murdered <which they did - fully investigated all of them o_O >

Concluding:
Each chapter of the report concluded that all allegations made since the crash of conspiracy were without foundation and all the evidence obtained point to the deaths of Diana and Fayed as being the result of a tragic accident.:rolleyes:

Operation Paget

Full Report (832 pages)

There's more, lots more but I'll just leave it there for now...lol

:D All that said I do actually kinda like him in an 'funny eccentric billionaire' way

*To add: I don't think anyone really had a bad word to say about Dodi?

Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com
Mohamed Fayed calls Prince Philip a Nazi
Mohamed al-Fayed | Biography, Harrods, Dodi, & Facts

Last edited:
The Duke of Sussex launches a Sustainable Travel initiative, two years in the planning, and addresses his recent controversial travel decisions.

The long-term initiative is focused on tackling the travel industry’s impact on climate change, improving wildlife conservation and finding ways to better protect the environment in top tourist spots around the world, along with boosting the tourism dollars used to assist local communities and seeking answers to the increasing problem of over-tourism.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...94e8dc-ce2d-11e9-a620-0a91656d7db6_story.html

Travalyst is intended to capitalize on the strength and breadth of the global travel market, foster increased collaboration across the industry, and stimulate and support new solutions and initiatives in sustainable travel. The founding partners want to spark a movement of like-minded companies, organizations, NGOs, and changemakers to transform the future of travel into a more sustainable one.
The Duke of Sussex launches new global sustainable travel initiative: 'Travalyst' | Markets Insider

Travalyst comes at a time when airlines and cruise companies, along with restaurant and hotel companies, are grappling with how to make the travel industry less damaging to the environment. It also comes weeks after the duke and his wife, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, came under fire for traveling on private jets, which have a greater relative carbon impact than commercial planes.

The consortium aims to educate people about sustainable travel and make it easier for them to understand whether their own travels are helping or hurting the planet and who is benefiting from travel dollars.
Prince Harry to Launch Green Travel Initiative

Asked directly about his own travel choices as he hosted a Q&A on sustainable tourism, the Duke was offered the chance to dodge the question by the compere but said he was happy to "give a commitment".

"I came here [to Amsterdam] on commercial," he said. "I spend 99 per cent of my life travelling the world by commercial.

"Occasionally there needs to be an opportunity based on unique circumstance to ensure that my family are safe.

"It's genuinely as simple as that. But as I said in my speech, it is about balance.

"If I have to do that - and it's not a decision I would want to take but if I have to do that - then I will ensure, as I have done previously and will continue to ensure that I do, is to balance out the impact that I have.

<snip>

“Sometimes the scale of the conservation crisis feels overwhelming and that individual actions can’t make a difference.

“I’ve certainly felt that – but I’ve learned that we cannot dismiss the idea of trying to do something, just because we can’t do everything.

“We can all do better. And while no one is perfect, we all have a responsibility for our own individual impact; the question is what we do to balance it out.”
Duke of Sussex defends private jet use saying it's essential for his family's safety

I fly private jets to protect my family': Prince Harry says he spends '99% of his life travelling world by commercial' airline as he FINALLY addresses his globe-trotting habit - after preaching 'we can ALL do better' to help planet

Prince Harry preaches everyone 'can play their part' to help planet | Daily Mail Online

Ok but how come the Cambridge’s who are direct heirs to the throne don’t fly private but the Sussex’s can’t?

. RSBM

Ok but how come the Cambridge’s who are direct heirs to the throne don’t fly private but the Sussex’s can’t?

Could it be that there have been threats that we don’t know about? Harry is putting together a huge initiative to tackle a worldwide issue that goes way beyond his occasional use of private planes. I think he should be commended. I just posted a longer explanation of his travel choices. The explanation is also included in the DM article, but you’d never know it by the headline. Smh
JMO

Last edited:
'I fly private jets to protect my family': Prince Harry says he spends '99% of his life travelling world by commercial' airline as he FINALLY addresses his globe-trotting habit - after preaching 'we can ALL do better' to help planet

Prince Harry preaches everyone 'can play their part' to help planet | Daily Mail Online

Harry flew to the Netherlands on a commercial plane, which was at least his fifth flight in a month - although this one was the first of those not on a private jet.

Harry also said that he balances out the impact he has on the environment and will continue to do so.

The duke added: 'I've always offset my CO2, I think part of the group discussion we had earlier was 'what is off-setting CO2?'

99%?

Instead of just saying you offset your co2 what does that mean, what did you do to offset co2? What empty words.

I gotta tell you harry, you are not special. Everyone wants to protect their family, but not everyone has friends that have private jets. Thank goodness we will never see the crown on your head.

The Duke of Sussex launches a Sustainable Travel initiative, two years in the planning, and addresses his recent controversial travel decisions.

The long-term initiative is focused on tackling the travel industry’s impact on climate change, improving wildlife conservation and finding ways to better protect the environment in top tourist spots around the world, along with boosting the tourism dollars used to assist local communities and seeking answers to the increasing problem of over-tourism.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...94e8dc-ce2d-11e9-a620-0a91656d7db6_story.html

Travalyst is intended to capitalize on the strength and breadth of the global travel market, foster increased collaboration across the industry, and stimulate and support new solutions and initiatives in sustainable travel. The founding partners want to spark a movement of like-minded companies, organizations, NGOs, and changemakers to transform the future of travel into a more sustainable one.
The Duke of Sussex launches new global sustainable travel initiative: 'Travalyst' | Markets Insider

Travalyst comes at a time when airlines and cruise companies, along with restaurant and hotel companies, are grappling with how to make the travel industry less damaging to the environment. It also comes weeks after the duke and his wife, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, came under fire for traveling on private jets, which have a greater relative carbon impact than commercial planes.

The consortium aims to educate people about sustainable travel and make it easier for them to understand whether their own travels are helping or hurting the planet and who is benefiting from travel dollars.
Prince Harry to Launch Green Travel Initiative

Asked directly about his own travel choices as he hosted a Q&A on sustainable tourism, the Duke was offered the chance to dodge the question by the compere but said he was happy to "give a commitment".

"I came here [to Amsterdam] on commercial," he said. "I spend 99 per cent of my life travelling the world by commercial.

"Occasionally there needs to be an opportunity based on unique circumstance to ensure that my family are safe.

"It's genuinely as simple as that. But as I said in my speech, it is about balance.

"If I have to do that - and it's not a decision I would want to take but if I have to do that - then I will ensure, as I have done previously and will continue to ensure that I do, is to balance out the impact that I have.

<snip>

“Sometimes the scale of the conservation crisis feels overwhelming and that individual actions can’t make a difference.

“I’ve certainly felt that – but I’ve learned that we cannot dismiss the idea of trying to do something, just because we can’t do everything.

“We can all do better. And while no one is perfect, we all have a responsibility for our own individual impact; the question is what we do to balance it out.”
Duke of Sussex defends private jet use saying it's essential for his family's safety

I lol'd. New PR company already failing.

'I fly private jets to protect my family': Prince Harry says he spends '99% of his life travelling world by commercial' airline as he FINALLY addresses his globe-trotting habit - after preaching 'we can ALL do better' to help planet

Harry flew to the Netherlands on a commercial plane, which was at least his fifth flight in a month - although this one was the first of those not on a private jet.

Harry also said that he balances out the impact he has on the environment and will continue to do so.

The duke added: 'I've always offset my CO2, I think part of the group discussion we had earlier was 'what is off-setting CO2?'

99%?

Instead of just saying you offset your co2 what does that mean, what did you do to offset co2? What empty words.

I gotta tell you harry, you are not special. Everyone wants to protect their family, but not everyone has friends that have private jets. Thank goodness we will never see the crown on your head.

The Chantel Elloway part made me so embarrassed for them. What a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980