The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get H and M. I think they just need to go to Africa and be out of sight , out of mind for a while. At the current moment, they look like hypocrites. They contradict what they preach. They are not acting like mature adults but like spoiled brats.

Unfortunately I think more of the same will be posted when they get to Africa. I do wonder if they are listening to what the PR people are telling them or simply ignoring them and telling them what they want done. I bet the PR team in Buckingham Palace aren’t happy between this fiasco and Prince Andrew’s mess.

It will be a shame if the new PR people they hired in London lose their jobs. Their staff turnover must be higher than other members of the royal family nobody seems to stay long which is interesting.

In regards to Thomas I personally think the Duchess is right to keep him at arms length. The minute the Duke and Duchess get in touch or he sees Archie he will be on tv or in the papers the next day selling the exclusive for cash. He cannot be trusted and he needs to radically change his ways. That’s just my opinion I totally respect everyone else’s.

:)
thanks-card-jpg.201941

I cannot believe it! Yes! A letter to me from them!
Since it is only here, I will print it on the finest paper and have it framed.

A tasteful sterling silver frame?

Unfortunately I think more of the same will be posted when they get to Africa. I do wonder if they are listening to what the PR people are telling them or simply ignoring them and telling them what they want done. I bet the PR team in Buckingham Palace aren’t happy between this fiasco and Prince Andrew’s mess.

I think that the trip to Africa might be a PR disaster. I don't know how many of you will be aware of the Stacey Dooley/Comic Relief incident this year, as I doubt it got international press. Basically Stacey Dooley, a white TV presenter went on a trip to Africa with comic relief (they make little films that are played in between sketches to ask people to donate, usually its celebrities visiting projects that CR funds). I don't know why Stacey was the catalyst for it but a photo that she posted of her and a black child made a Black MP speak out about how wrong the image of the white saviour was and how harmful it was to Africa. It was big controversy and news for weeks, donations to CR were down £8m and resulted in CR deciding to no longer send celebrities abroad.

What is more white saviour than a Prince Harry going to Africa?

I think that the trip to Africa might be a PR disaster. I don't know how many of you will be aware of the Stacey Dooley/Comic Relief incident this year, as I doubt it got international press. Basically Stacey Dooley, a white TV presenter went on a trip to Africa with comic relief (they make little films that are played in between sketches to ask people to donate, usually its celebrities visiting projects that CR funds). I don't know why Stacey was the catalyst for it but a photo that she posted of her and a black child made a Black MP speak out about how wrong the image of the white saviour was and how harmful it was to Africa. It was big controversy and news for weeks, donations to CR were down £8m and resulted in CR deciding to no longer send celebrities abroad.

I don’t get that idea. It seems like he loves the land and the people. It seems like they support the projects the people there are doing.

Which countries to Great Britain colonize in Africa? I really don’t know as Africa was really not taught much in school,

It seems like he has a positive relationship already. Je seems very genuine to me.

I think that he does hate the idea that he is royal. It is a plus and a huge albatross as well

I know about that it was on the news a lot. I really hope they are not planning to fly to Africa on a private jet.

I've read a few articles about Harry and Meghan's upcoming trip to South Africa indicating the trip will commence on September 23. I haven't seen anything about how long they'll be gone. Any idea how long they intend to be on tour?
93121988_c7235297.gif
Curiously I looked on the official Royal 'The home of the Royal Family' site to see if had any further details ...

Future Engagements

'Official engagements to be undertaken by members of the Royal Family are published up to eight weeks in advance.'
I searched specifically for 'Duke of Sussex' from the menu o_O

'There are currently no future engagements in the system'

(I used dates: 'from' today 'to' Dec 31st)

So is this trip not an 'official royal tour'?
If not then what is it?

Home of the Royal Family

I don’t get that idea. It seems like he loves the land and the people. It seems like they support the projects the people there are doing.

Which countries to Great Britain colonize in Africa? I really don’t know as Africa was really not taught much in school,

I'm not implying his intentions are bad at all, Stacey Dooley the woman I talked about who was so criticized didn't have bad intentions or do anything wrong in my opinion but this may be the narrative that plays out in the UK press during their visit

I think all the countries that H&M will be visiting in Africa are former British Colonies, the countries are still members of the Commonwealth which is why they are getting a visit I think.

FA669766-2F55-4F09-8990-5B6DBAD09914.jpeg

93121988_c7235297.gif
Curiously I looked on the official Royal 'The home of the Royal Family' site to see if had any further details ...

Future Engagements

'Official engagements to be undertaken by members of the Royal Family are published up to eight weeks in advance.'
I searched specifically for 'Duke of Sussex' from the menu o_O

'There are currently no future engagements in the system'

(I used dates: 'from' today 'to' Dec 31st)

So is this trip not an 'official royal tour'?
If not then what is it?

Home of the Royal Family

The tour starts on the 23rd of September

“Prince Harry had shared the same message to the couple's Instagram grid on Saturday, but without giving away further details. This time, there was a countdown clock underneath the message which read "Royal Tour of Southern Africa" at the top. This was counting down from 21 days and seven hours, and if you click on it, it says their tour will start on 23 September.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reveal the date for their royal tour of Southern Africa – see details

I think it's so very sad that Diana didn't get to meet Meghan. I think she would have liked her very much.

I really wish Princess Diana was still here to see her children and Grandchildren. I don’t know if she would agree with how the Sussex’s are doing some things she never acted like she had just won the Mega Millions/Euro Millions Lotto, had PR disasters, flew everywhere on a private jet, had an exclusion zone around her at Wimbledon or have numerous staff leave who were unhappy leave after short periods.

I'm not implying his intentions are bad at all, Stacey Dooley the woman I talked about who was so criticized didn't have bad intentions or do anything wrong in my opinion but this may be the narrative that plays out in the UK press during their visit

I think all the countries that H&M will be visiting in Africa are former British Colonies, the countries are still members of the Commonwealth which is why they are getting a visit I think.

I totally understand white savior, but if they are supporting what the population is doing, that is the people’s project, not the white savior swooping in.

Problematic to ne is the colonial aspect. That would be a tough one

I really wish Princess Diana was still here to see her children and Grandchildren. I don’t know if she would agree with how the Sussex’s are doing some things she never acted like she had just won the Mega Millions/Euro Millions Lotto, had PR disasters, flew everywhere on a private jet, had an exclusion zone around her at Wimbledon or have numerous staff leave who were unhappy leave after short periods.

I was totally shocked and dismayed at the rumors about Diana. Was it the chauffer? I forget. And the vitriol towards Dodie and his family was awful.

I remember all of the things said about Harrods. Diana did not have all love from the public until she died

The book by her butler or her secretary ( I forget who he was) was scathing about her

The tour starts on the 23rd of September

Prince Harry had shared the same message to the couple's Instagram grid on Saturday, but without giving away further details. This time, there was a countdown clock underneath the message which read "Royal Tour of Southern Africa" at the top. This was counting down from 21 days and seven hours, and if you click on it, it says their tour will start on 23 September.”
'The couple's Instagram' o_O may very well state:
"Royal Tour of Southern Africa"

But the Official 'The Royal Household © Crown Copyright' website does not.

royal-u-k-jpg.201995
It says:

Future Engagements
"There are currently no future engagements in the system"

- I double checked extending search from now to 31st Dec.?
Royal Household © Crown

Attachments

• Royal U.K.jpg
    Royal U.K.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors