The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan Markle 'will never see dad Thomas again' after his constant 'betrayals'

Meghan Markle has cut off her father for good after he accused her of hypocrisy in his latest interview, it is claimed.

Thomas Markle took his daughter and Prince Harry to task for taking four private jets in little over a week while also campaigning over climate change.

Meghan Markle 'will never see her dad again' after his constant 'betrayals'

You all talking about fish and chips - had to look up & see if I had one here. I loved the one restaurant when I lived in Auburn, Calif. I see we have 4 places that serve fish & chips. 2 have 4 1/2 stars & the other 2 have 3 1/2 stars. Might have to try one of the 4 1/2 star! :)

Interesting.

The press has been relentless. It must be stifling.

I’d choose Canada. Half way in between where it’s too cold for the paparazzi!

I think they were happy in their courtship, much more off the radar.

Meghan has unresolved issues with her father. I think it would be nice for her to have the space to work it out. I’d be needing some serious therapy at this point.

And what does Harry really want? I know he doesn’t want the press destroying his family. Or, his hope to have one.

The DM article about TM is very unfortunate, but the timing is vicious.
images

Nothing is too cold for us Canadians. The paparazzi would dress for the occasion, it's Prince Harry we'd have to worry about; can he handle the cold :) ?

Annnnd, we really don't want to see endless pictures of Prince Harry hanging out with Ben Mulroney courtesy of MM.

Harry's heart is in Africa, if he was going to move anywhere that's the continent where he'd live. I think as Archie grows older we'll start to see the huge difference in the upbringing between MM and Harry. I can't imagine MM trekking through various parts of Africa with the two of them, having an adventure like Harry did. And I can't imagine her understanding why Archie will likely do military work like his father, grandfather, uncle, and great uncles. Very different cultures, very different lifestyles.

You all talking about fish and chips - had to look up & see if I had one here. I loved the one restaurant when I lived in Auburn, Calif. I see we have 4 places that serve fish & chips. 2 have 4 1/2 stars & the other 2 have 3 1/2 stars. Might have to try one of the 4 1/2 star! :)

No idea where you are, but we stumbled upon Tugboat's in the mid-oughts (2004 or 2005) and love the place!

Tugboat Fish & Chips, Rancho Cordova - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - TripAdvisor

I only had fish&chips once in London, and don't remember enough to compare the two.

Hope to help, Laughing

images

No idea where you are, but we stumbled upon Tugboat's in the mid-oughts (2004 or 2005) and love the place!

I'm living in Riga, Latvia now, so Rancho Cordova is a bit too far!
If you click on my avatar on my name - it tells you where I am, and where other people live if they add that to their profile.

I'm living in Riga, Latvia now, so Rancho Cordova is a bit too far!
If you click on my avatar on my name - it tells you where I am, and where other people live if they add that to their profile.

OT:

The 49ers logo fooled me! Not a bad drive from SF to Rancho Cordova, and you can stop at the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield for the tour. And Belly Flops, of course.

Latvia, now you have plenty of daylight, at least this time of year? Your traditional dress is wonderful!

TY, Laughing

;) Listen to the Brit's, we know good Fish & Chips!

51604106_321387568490503_5381730885315854336_n.jpg
Avotu iela 30, Latgale Suburb, Riga.
56603187_343924409570152_2855797074497110016_n.jpg
Great experience here, the Fish and Chips were great, washed down by a great local beer! The owner was very friendly and hospitable.

Best fish and chips!! Thank a lot

;) Listen to the Brit's, we know good Fish & Chips!

51604106_321387568490503_5381730885315854336_n.jpg
Avotu iela 30, Latgale Suburb, Riga.
56603187_343924409570152_2855797074497110016_n.jpg

Oh - I will HAVE to try this place - thanks Keine Engel!

OT:

The 49ers logo fooled me! Not a bad drive from SF to Rancho Cordova, and you can stop at the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield for the tour. And Belly Flops, of course.

Latvia, now you have plenty of daylight, at least this time of year? Your traditional dress is wonderful!

TY, Laughing

Been to the Jelly Belly Factory! :) And yes - plenty of daylight here, but now it's going away pretty fast!

View attachment 201791 View attachment 201792

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle delight royal fans with thank you notes after being 'overwhelmed' with well-wishes on Archie's Christening

Royal fans praise Duke and Duchess of Sussex for sending thank you note after Archie's Christening | Daily Mail Online

Harrumph

Etiquette says thank you notes within one month.

She's too late to be sincere...... Sounds like the new hire PR person is working overtime to compensate for bad manners.

And why does she need to send thank you notes, anyway?

Harrumph

Etiquette says thank you notes within one month.

She's too late to be sincere...... Sounds like the new hire PR person is working overtime to compensate for bad manners.

And why does she need to send thank you notes, anyway?

In fairness they must receive thousands of cards and letters from all over the world it is a lot for a small team of private secretaries at Kensington Palace to go through. It is nice that people get a reply back when they could easily just put out a general statement thanking everyone.

I think as Archie grows older we'll start to see the huge difference in the upbringing between MM and Harry. I can't imagine MM trekking through various parts of Africa with the two of them, having an adventure like Harry did. And I can't imagine her understanding why Archie will likely do military work like his father, grandfather, uncle, and great uncles.

Very different cultures, very different lifestyles.

Excellent point, Sherwood Park.

So far all I've seen of her style is celebrity fix after celebrity fix. Oh and lots of staged photos. (The one with her hands on the anesthetized elephant's trunk makes my eyes roll every time. "Ooh, Harry take one of my me touching the elephant's trunk so I can show off my ring and act as if I care")

I'm hoping Harry can outgrow the current immature swirl of celebrity attention and grow into a more mature man who can actually do a decent job of providing privacy for his family growing up. But that will take concessions from Markle and so far we're not seeing it.

:D I'm loving the kokoshnik @Niner

latvianfolkdress-jpg.201554
:cool:Very traditional reminds me so much of...
922b58f8e7b1d46bb431ecd39b8eb140.jpg

Catherine The Great
;) Perfect!
e2d7b137414e2c8f173d86e9d16168d7.jpg

Ladies of the Romanov House wearing kokoshniks

:DNow I'm so excited ...

d6beb5992c3666966451bc45a177ce7a.jpg

Empress Maria-Feodorovna

- previously Princess Dagmar of Denmark sister of Princess Alexandra of Denmark, later Queen Alexandra of Great Britain -
giphy.gif
Finally!
The Missing Link - A 'British Royal Family' connection to THE most spectacular gem & jewel collection - EVER
-
treasures of the Romanov dynasty

:p Including all the Tsarina-Tiaras!..

*which are not owned by The Crown or in any British Royal Collections thus kinda off-topic*

:D So...
Obviously we already know the the Queen has the fabulous Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara!
kokoshniktiara.jpg
which is all thanks to the kokoshnik of Marie-Feodorovna, as Alexandra requested one just like the 'grand diamond fringe tiara' ^ that of her sister, which she received from Lady Salisbury on behalf of 365 peeresses of the United Kingdom "Ladies of Society" as a gift for her Silver Wedding Anniversary in 1888.
2017-0506-kokoshnik4.png

The kokoshnik depicted among Bertie and Alexandra's anniversary presents in the Illustrated London News, 1888
The committee was led by four prominent women: the Marchioness of Salisbury (who was the wife of the Prime Minister), Maria, Marchioness of Ailesbury, the Countess Spencer,* and the Countess of Cork. Under their leadership, the committee raised the necessary money to buy a major piece of jewelry for Alexandra. To make sure she'd like what she was given, they asked her directly for input.
2017-0506-kokoshnik5.png

The tiara was made by Garrard Jewellers

*Yes :cool: Countess Spencer was Princess Diana's great-grandmother, Margaret.

As this is the
Tiara! seen in the pictures giving us our link ;) this is only a little re-cap before..
giphy.gif

Tsarina-Tiaras!

;) And be honest who doesn't wanna see this beauty again?

AnyLAO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member