The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday!

I tried to put Latvian Birthday Cake | Klingeris | Recipe | Just Desserts | Cake, Sweet bread, Birthday cakein a Latvian birthday cake but I cannot load the image.
:)
eed42664ae6c253bea9b1c674dd6795b.jpg
:D This one must've been for Prince Philip
14711938_642325262607058_4096945466585907200_n.jpg

Would Meghan and Harry be allowed to take Archie to another country to live there permanently?

It was discussed on Sky News here in the U.K (When Archie’s name was being announced) that Her Majesty The Queen as Monarch has legal custody of Archie not his parents. I think this is true for the George, Charlotte and Louis too.

It was discussed on Sky News here in the U.K (When Archie’s name was being announced) that Her Majesty The Queen as Monarch has legal custody of Archie not his parents. I think this is true for the George, Charlotte and Louis too.
Not to mention the optics of demanding another luxury estate in a foreign country when Frogmore was just remodeled to the tune of $3,000,000

Save the planet, indeed. That would be "Save the Planet for the Rich"

I think it's all just a rumor and if anything, Markle wants to visit the US, only.

dbm

Not a MSM source, sorry

Last edited:
Would Meghan and Harry be allowed to take Archie to another country to live there permanently?
I think if that if they really wanted to I doubt anyone would try stopping them? ;)
- But there's some snags that would come with this...see below -

Harry & Archie are in reality extremely unlikely to be considered a real chance of succession to the throne.
It would only occur by some huge series of tragic events which would be quite unprecedented. By which returning to take the throne would be pretty insignificant overall if you think about it. :confused:
(Highly unlike but unimaginable tragedies do happen thou :( )

Not to mention the optics of demanding another luxury estate in a foreign country when Frogmore was just remodeled to the tune of $3,000,000
This would NOT happen.

There is no way the Sovereign Grant or Royal Privy Purse is going to fund any private livestyle/foreign property not owned by the CROWN Estate.

They would not be able to carry out any regular Official Royal Duties which means they wouldn't be be entitled to any part of the Sovereign Grant.
- I also think this would affect the official use of 'titles' I think they have to give the HRH but not sure of the specifics -

So basically if they are not here to carry out their jobs they dont get paid or get the perks of the job! :D

All the Residences Owned by the British Royal Family
Well, that’s a lot of houses. Highgrove would be right up there, and a London residence... but who is counting! :p
images
Hmmm... I think Charles & Camilla might have something to say about that?

Highgrove
Highgrove House near Tetbury in Gloucestershire is The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall’s family home. The Duchy of Cornwall owns Highgrove,

Highgrove | The Duchy of Cornwall

I can tell you that I am homesick for California! Come this November it will be 3 years since I left. BUT! Am going in mid September - back to California - but just for a high school class reunion.... I've had this song in my head in the last few days! LOL!And back in the mid 60s - I used to go down to Malibu beach for a day of sun!
animated-smileys-summer-013.gif

I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip back to the states :) Just for you, dear Niner...

Thank you human! :) I'll go to the link and see what my Latvian cake looks like! I hope it's delicious! :D

No - not in the original one. Last time I visited Latvia under Soviet rule was in 1984 - and then after FREEDOM!! in 1994. First time was in 1977 - seemed like going back to the 50s there! :eek:

Anyway - don't want to take the thread off TIARAS!! LOL!

edited to add: Oh I love Klingeris - extra powdered sugar for me! LOL!

Latvian crown
Latvian woman with crown and folk dress. | Latvian folk clothing | People around the world, People of the world, Traditional outfits

Or here are more including the affordable flower crowns. You can wear one or take several when visiting the Royals. Everyone will wonder who you are.

Latvian Woman Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Last edited:
97EFF605-F085-4DA5-B144-E7F22ED30A2C.jpeg

images
Hmmm... I think Charles & Camilla might have something to say about that?

Highgrove
Highgrove House near Tetbury in Gloucestershire is The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall’s family home. The Duchy of Cornwall owns Highgrove,

Highgrove | The Duchy of Cornwall

Camilla on the other hand, has retained Ray Mill house in Wiltshire, where she passes the odd week with her children, Tom Parker Bowles and Laura Lopes, not forgetting her five grandchildren.

The friend of the couple explained why Ray Mill house is so important to Camilla.

That house is where she can cook scrambled eggs in her dressing gown and be among those she loves with not a jot of ceremony or anyone looking at her,' a friend explained earlier this year. 'It is home.'

Is this the secret to Charles and Camilla’s happy marriage? Royal insider claims they have THREE marital bedrooms - one for him, one for her and one for sharing

I prefer Camilla’s own house Ray Mill to Highgrove. They have three homes Clarence House, Highgrove and Ray Mill House.

This looks like the three of them are all enjoying the peace and quiet at Balmoral......

Until the Sussex’s arrive.

I think The Queen must have a great skill in avoiding inadvertent eye rolls all the time...

It is going to be interesting to see if the Sussex’s arrive in a private plane tomorrow or fly Economy like the Cambridges.

It is going to be interesting to see if the Sussex’s arrive in a private plane tomorrow or fly Economy like the Cambridges.
My guess their PR person has them very much photographed getting on a commercial plane and hefting their own luggage.

I wonder if William and Kate have to employ a PR person just for themselves, too?

Certainly Princess Anne and her family and Prince Edward and his family don't need their own PR employee.

My guess their PR person has them very much photographed getting on a commercial plane and hefting their own luggage.

I wonder if William and Kate have to employ a PR person just for themselves, too?

Certainly Princess Anne and her family and Prince Edward and his family don't need their own PR employee.

There is a team of staff at the Kensington Palace office who manage the PR and social media of each of the families. They used to share staff but when the foundation was separated some staff stayed working with the Cambridges others went to work with the Sussex’s and some new people joined. Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have their own PR staff at Clarence House. PR for Her Majesty, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward is handled by the Buckingham Palace media office. I have a friend who works in PR in London.

There is a team of staff at the Kensington Palace office who manage the PR and social media of each of the families. They used to share staff but when the foundation was separated some staff stayed working with the Cambridges others went to work with the Sussex’s and some new people joined. Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have their own PR staff at Clarence House. PR for Her Majesty, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward is handled by the Buckingham Palace media office. I have a friend who works in PR in London.

Interesting. Thanks.

I also like the story about Camilla having a private residence where she can putter about in her bathrobe with her children and grandkids.

The Queen orders the same takeaway when she visits her Scottish retreat Balmoral — fish and chips, a royal source claims.

Her Majesty heads to Balmoral each summer and it is reported she always orders from local chippies on special occasions.

According to the source, the Queen chooses one of Britain's most favourite dishes each time she places an order, instead of the gourmet dishes you might expect a royal to eat.

Speaking to Fabulous Digital, they said: “She very occasionally treats herself to fish and chips when at Balmoral.

“A footman is despatched to get it from the local town of Ballater.”

Queen always orders same takeaway in Balmoral - and it's not very royal

0_The-Queen-Duke-Of-Edinburgh-Prince-Of-Wales-Duchess-Of-Cornwall-Visit-Poundbury.jpg 0_Fish-and-chips-on-white-plate-with-lemon-and-parsley.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm