The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes: This^ was the same for me ... getting home to hear the earliest reports saying Dodi had been killed, Diana had been injured but there was nothing really of much concern at that point :(
Being the ever-organised young raver back then I still had to pack my hoilday gear & get to the other side of country for early a.m. flight (Manchester) :confused: So as we were hearing the dramatic news reports coming in we were just stunned & confused, how this had so horribly changed so quickly?
It was surreal.
;) *we made the flight (just) then hit our duty-free vodka to toast Diana & Dodi.
I missed all this & thankfully all the drama going on in the U.K. in the immediate aftermath.:confused:

Mucky little raver here too, think I'd been at Angels in Burnley that night.

Kate Middleton and Prince William sneak out to pub for pie with the children

“But the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are more likely to go for the shepherd’s pie at the Old Boot Inn with children George, six, Charlotte, four, and one year-old Louis ...
:D 'BOOTS' that's another very commonly used pub name.

x9a-2514201.jpg
:) I love seeing the old, quirky signs still used.
BOOTS!
26468023579_2907a72652_b.jpg

Boot-logo-600.png

sign.jpg
;) I think this one's in Germany but it's coolest 'Boot'
dfa9992ea132cad453b990c97033230b.jpg

The floodgates just opened up when I heard the recessional, John Tavener’s Song for Athena. I had to sleuth to find the composer, and what a composer he was. His music is gorgeous.

It didn’t really sink in until Diana’s funeral service. A devastingly sad time for The UK and the world.

So incredible. I wonder how they get everyone together for such a professional ceremony.

What great timing Thomas Markle has(!) Perfect day of the year to stir up trouble(!)

Thomas Markle asks: Why can't I meet Archie? | Daily Mail Online

Thomas Markle asks: Why can't I meet Archie? Meghan Markle's father has stayed silent since she gave birth hoping, in his own words, that becoming a mother would 'mellow' her and they could heal their rift. Now in frustration, he speaks out
  • Thomas Markle feels he is being unfairly vilified and cut out of his grandson's life
  • He says has only ever seen a picture of his new grandson Archie on the internet
  • Mr Markle takes issue with Meghan's celebrity friends launching attacks on him
  • He also says Meghan's claim she paid her own way through college is untrue
  • He said: 'I always hoped that I would be as close to Meghan's child as I was to her'

Meghan and Harry 'speed up plans to leave Britain and consider Los Angeles' in snub to Prince Charles plans for an estate in Herefordshire

Meghan and Harry 'speed up plans to move to Los Angeles' after private jet press | Daily Mail Online

I really wonder if there is any truth to this. I would be shocked if Prince Harry let his Father and Grandmother down by moving abroad and abandoning his role within the monarchy.

Thomas is once again pouring gasoline on his relationship with his daughter and Grandson. He is a disgrace.

Hope you had a lovely birthday @Niner

I really wonder if there is any truth to this. I would be shocked if Prince Harry let his Father and Grandmother down by moving abroad and abandoning his role within the monarchy.

I don't think they would purely for financial reasons. They both have money but that would not stretch that far if they moved to LA and had to pay for super A-list security, etc. If they did jump ship also I doubt Charles would fund clothes etc. any longer which also would get expensive fast and I can't see Harry or Meghan flogging Weight Watchers like Fergie.

Interesting that theres no rule that says you have to be raised in the UK to remain in the line of succession, my friend was telling me that in order to keep your place in the Swedish line of succession you have to go to school in Sweden from 1st grade or kindergarten (5 or 6 I think she said)

Meghan and Harry 'speed up plans to leave Britain and consider Los Angeles' in snub to Prince Charles plans for an estate in Herefordshire

Meghan and Harry 'speed up plans to move to Los Angeles' after private jet press | Daily Mail Online

Thomas is once again pouring gasoline on his relationship with his daughter and Grandson. He is a disgrace.

Hope you had a lovely birthday @Niner

Interesting.

The press has been relentless. It must be stifling.

I’d choose Canada. Half way in between where it’s too cold for the paparazzi!

I think they were happy in their courtship, much more off the radar.

Meghan has unresolved issues with her father. I think it would be nice for her to have the space to work it out. I’d be needing some serious therapy at this point.

And what does Harry really want? I know he doesn’t want the press destroying his family. Or, his hope to have one.

The DM article about TM is very unfortunate, but the timing is vicious.

Last edited:
So incredible. I wonder how they get everyone together for such a professional ceremony.
They have in-depth plans already drawn up in the event of death for all members of the Royal Family. Each of which are codenamed & are constantly updated & rehearsed. For Diana's they used the plans set out for the Queen Mother as the basis.

Also I seem to remember there had been a rehersal (military/police?) just weeks beforehand.
The details in these plans are quite staggering, here's a couple of links with some detail of what happened when the Queen Mother died & what will happen for HM The Queen:
Operation London Bridge
Operation London Bridge - the secret plan which means 27 things will happen in London when the Queen dies

Two weeks that reaffirmed our faith in royalty and confounded the critics
Death of The Queen Mother

I’ll add the men and boys choirs, musicians all know their music, too.

As a side note I learned that Tavener recorded much of his choral works at Westminister Abbey. They recorded Athena at 4am in the morning when no subway cars or traffic was rumbling through.

The other piece of the service that hit me hard was Princess Diana’s brother. I had to listen to his words, his eulogy, several more times to acclimate to his accent. And I broke down...

Creating Operation “Hope Not”
Do you know what happens when the queen dies? You might be surprised to know that, as early as the 1960s, each minute has already been meticulously prepared.
Churchill%27s_funeral_1965.jpg
Operation Hope Not was the code-name of a funeral plan for Winston Churchill that started in 1953, twelve years before his death. The detailed plan was prepared in 1958
Operation Hope Not

058E877D-BA36-4298-A9C1-10924825864C.jpeg 7A17243C-3060-463E-9675-DBF975FE68AF.jpeg

Friends of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have said the couple are house hunting in the celebrity enclave of Malibu because Meghan is 'homesick'.

Los Angeles-born Meghan is said to be keen to find a home in the US to escape, and the royal couple have their sights set on the California city of Malibu.

Malibu is situated 30 miles west of Downtown Los Angeles and is home to many celebrity stars including Leonardo DiCaprio, Kim Kardashian, and Jennifer Aniston.

Are Harry and Meghan moving to Malibu? 'Homesick princess is hunting for a house' | Daily Mail Online

I know Malibu is beautiful but is it not a bit far from L.A and the traffic is supposed to be a nightmare. I can see them buying a holiday home but not living there full time.

What great timing Thomas Markle has(!) Perfect day of the year to stir up trouble(!)

.. Meghan Markle's father has stayed silent since she gave birth hoping, in his own words, that becoming a mother would 'mellow' her and they could heal their rift. Now in frustration, he speaks out
:rolleyes: Wow he certainty held his frustration back & gave Meghan plenty of time before he felt he just couldn't possibly stay silent any longer.
This is really gonna help heal the rift? What a douche :confused:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u4.jpg
Probably not. :D
A source tells me: ‘In the 1980s, it was decided baby Harry would one day have a family and want to build an estate.

Who decided? Obviously NOT Harry unless he was imagining it being with Dennis, Neville & Geordie Oz ;)

After all, in LA, even the most high-profile celebrities can go about their business relatively* unnoticed and private jets are normal.

Oh well that makes it alright then :confused:
I'm sure Harry's speeches with go down a treat

Friends say Meghan and Harry are in ‘victim mode’ and do not feel they need to change their actions, but rather, change the people around them and possibly even the country they call home. They have no wish, for the moment, to take on a stuffy shooting estate.

:mad:
That's just <modsnip> hypocrisy at it's max!

- I really do hope this is all bollocks if not Harry's in for one hell of an awakening.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really gonna help heal the rift? What a douche

I don't think his original misdeed of selling the photographs was that bad and would have gotten him cut out if he had kept his powder dry and not kept talking. As it stands he's sold her out time and time again, nothing she can do would be good enough at this point it seems, no matter what she does he'll sell her out.

I think some of the blame has to go to those behind the royal family, they should have given TM more protection before the wedding, they knew what a press onslaught was coming to his life. H&M aren't blameless in the whole TM fiasco, from Harry never meeting him in person etc.
I thought when Meghan's friends (undoubtedly with permission) invoking TM when they talked to people magazine a few months was unnecessarily provocative (as he had been quiet for a while) if they want him to stop talking stop giving the story oxygen.

But the blame is ultimately TM's, don't pay for someones education if you're going to hang it over their heads, he needs to let it go and wish her well and not drag it up again. I'm amazed Samatha Markle has gone so quiet recently, we haven't heard a peep out of her in forever.

...Do you know what happens when the queen dies? You might be surprised to know that, as early as the 1960s, each minute has already been meticulously prepared.

From the day that they are sworn into Office, every President of the United States has a prearranged, well-orchestrated funeral and burial. Every aspect of a memorial tribute is predetermined by the President and his family. Not unlike the leaders of all great nations, the President of the United States receives the pomp and circumstance afforded these sovereigns.

Last edited:
I can easily see how Meghan is homesick for California. I have been to England twice, once in the Summer, and once in the Fall. It was drizzly for a few days, even in the Summer. And chilly. Maybe it was an aberration, but I think that was pretty normal, because then it was warm for a few days, but always seemed rather damp or humid.

If they have enough money, why not go live in Malibu for part of the year? Meghan probably wants to attend movie star events. It would be sad if they are so rich and famous that they have to stay locked up in their house because of security.

...Are Harry and Meghan moving to Malibu? 'Homesick princess is hunting for a house' | Daily Mail Online

I know Malibu is beautiful but is it not a bit far from L.A and the traffic is supposed to be a nightmare. I can see them buying a holiday home but not living there full time.

Meghan grew up in the Los Angeles area and is certainly aware of the traffic. I rather doubt that this is a consideration.

I can't help wondering if Meghan's ultimate goal was to return to "Hollywood" as a "Royal"? Perhaps Meghan has aspired to continue her work as an actress and would now have the money and clout to advance an acting career. If Meghan were to settle into her "comfort zone" in the Los Angeles area, I doubt she'd return willingly to "royal" environs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicejean1980