The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiz Fun.png

Maybe you’re looking for a change of location. Maybe you’re simply sick of Patty in accounting always being such a gossip. Whatever the reason for your royally-inspired career change, before you apply, it’s probably best to sleuth out which palace position you’re most qualified for, no? Here, a quiz that will definitely help.

Quiz: The Royals Are Hiring: Which Open Role Is Right for You?

I got:
Results:
Furniture Conservator

For this role, you’ll be based in an on-site workshop at Windsor Castle, taking care of historical furniture and supervising restorations for anything that has seen better days. The goal: To treat pieces that will sit in the castle hundreds of years from now. And to guarantee that the queen never sits on a subpar loveseat.

Head of Learning

Salary: $65,000
This position is just to cover a maternity leave, but it’s the perfect opp for a sabbatical at St. James Palace, home of the Royal Court, the Princess Royal and Princess Beatrice. More about the job: You’d be working closely with the Royal Collection Trust to help increase awareness about education and facilitate public tours of all of the queen’s residences including Frogmore House. (Yes, it’s a stone’s throw from Frogmore Cottage, where Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and Baby Sussex will soon live.)

High school English teacher (language and literature).

Last edited:
I got building supervisor! Sounds like fun.

This Windsor-specific role requires a type A personality to keep tabs on progress and help coordinate “planned and reactive” maintenance. The damage done to the grounds outside St. George’s Chapel at Harry and Meghan’s wedding? You’re the one calling a landscaper. The request from the queen to pivot the guest bedroom into a temporary nursery for Baby Sussex, due in late April/early May? Guess who’s hiring a contractor?

Queen Mary wearing the Fringe Tiara!
_qmf1.jpg
I'm suspecting a little hint...:cool:
sticker-emoji-emoticon-emotion-what-260nw-684793024.jpg

But I haven't got a clue which of Mary's Fringe Tiaras! that would be? ;)

giphy.gif

On the topic of pubs, here are some of the weirdest named ones. I've been to The Drunken Duck but didn't know the story behind it! My favourite thing on this list is the pub sign for The Quiet Woman - hahahah
:D Mine's gotta be The Cat And Custard Pot.

enhanced-buzz-18552-1365515182-3.jpg
...Supposedly the pub was originally called the Cat And Mustard Pot but some signmaker made a *advertiser censored*-up many moons ago, and the spelling mistake stuck

o_O
When I think about it I can't say I've ever been in (or even that I know of :confused: ) any pubs actually named 'Crown & Rose'
Not that I'm aware of anyway...
And admittedly there has been a fair few over the years :rolleyes:

Must all be those 'family-friendly' type places people go for meals rather than DRINK beer! Which really is the point of 'pubs'

Or maybe they're just all down South? :p

484F131B-DF8A-4E85-BE74-9672A2199D1B.jpeg 441B9051-40AA-4617-B8DE-97FE12854FF3.jpeg 7E883A7B-9DA5-4498-9D72-D5FC42EA4377.jpeg 9BD65F99-EBF7-4247-96F2-77CEB5B03BF2.jpeg

“The princes support each other through the horrible date every year, and use the opportunity to look through old photographs and talk about their favourite memories, reports Hello magazine .

William and Harry spend the morning together before being joined by Kate and Meghan and their children in the afternoon.

This year will be the first time Diana's fourth grandchild Archie Harrison joined occasion.”

How William and Harry mark anniversary of Princess Diana's death every year

Twenty two years tomorrow since that terrible and tragic day.

[B][I]@Keine Engel[/I][/B] definitely needs to see this movie for the tiaras.
I've never even watched Downtown Abbey :oops:

So I've always thought it odd to see it there on the Order of Splendor - Jewel Central

- Which many are aware is a fav. of mine :p It's pretty much a regular link in this thread as our 'go-to' for all Tiara Alert! trivia.
Along with the absolutely fabulous Court Jeweller - The Tiarapedia :) they really do deserve a special mention for the great stuff I've used in many posts! -

However now it does make more sense after reading this:
The Downton Abbey Wedding Tiara!

Many of the
tiaras! seen on popular period drama Downton Abbey are finely made costume pieces, still just as delightful to see sparkling away on the screen with those signature elaborate costumes. But for one of the most important tiaras! to feature in the show, they went for the real deal...
_daw1.jpg
The tiara! is owned by London jeweler Bentley & Skinner, ;)who hold Royal Warrants from the Queen and the Prince of Wales...

The origins of this tiara may have a British royal connection.
A Daily Mail article stated the tiara was a wedding gift to Princess Louise, Princess Royal and Duchess of Fife (1867-1931),

_daw2.jpg

Princess Louise
- Is this the tiara? - o_O
Royal connection or not, the tiara's claim to fame today comes from television, because Downton Abbey borrowed the tiara from Bentley & Skinner to play the role of a family wedding tiara.

Order of Splendor

B6299F0F-5F32-475A-BF47-DD3D1B09AF36.jpeg DCD589AC-8485-463A-9DFE-2936184CCAC7.jpeg

A hapless group of tourists once bumped into the Queen walking around her Balmoral estate - but didn't recognise her.

Speaking to The Times , Richard said the Queen didn't want to blow her cover at the time.

She went along with the tourists as they questioned whether she lived in the area, replying that she had a house nearby.

When they asked her if she'd ever met the Queen, all she said was "No, but this policeman has," gesturing towards Mr Griffin.

Richard - who worked closely with the monarch for more than 30 years - said the group then moved on, having no idea who they'd just met.

Queen's funny quip when hapless tourists failed to recognise her at Balmoral

There are a few events in this lifetime that I can remember exactly what I was doing and the death of Diana is one of them. I sat for hours in a rocking chair holding my sleeping baby grandson and watching the news on the TV. I didn't dare move as I would wake him up and I couldn't move because I couldn't do anything but weep. Daughter finally came home and took the little guy and still I watched and cried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member