The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such contrasts. Beauty and the Beast. :(
Beauty was flying high over München many years before & she's still up there shining brightly long, long after the fall of the Beast! ;)
München%2C_Bayern_-_Friedensdenkmal_%28Zeno_Ansichtskarten%29.jpg

Completed 10th May 1896

21798208.jpg

Friedensengel München at Night

Friedensengel_ORA.jpg

- Angel of Peace -

The biography of Moritz Elimeyer (1810-1871) and the history of his company are so far still largely in the dark...

From 1856-1909 Elimeyer, and probably also his son, were purveyors to the Saxon King in Dresden as well as from 1847-86 ‘Jeweler, Goldsmith & Silversmith to Her Majesty the Queen of England.’ In 1910 goldsmith Jordan acquired the business.
BBM

Moritz Elimeyer, Silver Jardinère with Emblem, Germany,
This is the Jardinère :)
540x360.jpg
o_O
original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
;) I noticed this earlier & thought it may be of interest for anyone planning on a visit ...

The London Pass®
There are over 80 attractions included on The London Pass including Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Thames River Cruise, Kensington Palace and many more.
London Attractions

Your London Pass®: How it Works

The London Pass® is a digital sightseeing pass that gives you access to 80+ attractions in the city: iconic sights and hidden gems

Pick the duration of your London Pass (1, 2, 3, 6, or 10 consecutive days). And remember, the longer your pass the more you save. Download the mobile pass instantly using The London Pass® app, have it mailed to you, or collect it when you arrive in London.

Screenshot of the 'app-map' :D which shows places included but it also shows just how many of these places are so closely located in such a small area of the city as we've mentioned previously here :cool:

london-pass-map-jpg.200474

:) Just a selection of features included;

Hop-On, Hop-Off Bus Tour

See the sights of London from a Hop-On, Hop-Off bus tour and choose from 110 stops and 8 routes around top attractions and landmarks

The View from the Shard
Up-High.jpg
Save on The View from The Shard and enjoy London's spectacular views with your London Pass.

Westminster Abbey

75adfdacc80aec2c70387107d66b21e1.jpg
Enjoy access to Westminster Abbey, the site of the Royal Wedding, Britain's official coronation church

:DThe Tower of London is also on the list!

Pass duration and prices
(four children can travel per adult).

1 Day Pass
Adult: £75
Child: £55
3 Day Pass
Adult: £125
Child: £89
10 Day Pass
Adult: £199
Child: £149

:pOther options available

No quequing for tickets, guides, maps etc.
Thames cruise ...
A must for anyone wanting to visit London to see the sites!

The Official London Pass | Access Amazing

Attachments

• London Pass Map.jpg
    London Pass Map.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 260
The Cambridges fly home from Balmoral by commercial plane

Kate and William catch budget flight back from Scottish holiday with their children | Daily Mail Online

The Sussex's visit a pub and eat pub food.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle tuck into £15 roast dinner at traditional village pub

Some competing PR going on here?

Oops, looks like Prince Andrew missed the humble memo.... another week of golfing in his luxury Spanish hideaway

I’ll have the grilled salmon, please. Is it usual to consider bread and butter a paid appetizer? It’s automatically served here in restaurants like this one, whether you want it or not. But since it’s usually something yummy in a basket, I want it. :p

I’ll have the grilled salmon, please. Is it usual to consider bread and butter a paid appetizer? It’s automatically served here in restaurants like this one, whether you want it or not. But since it’s usually something yummy in a basket, I want it. :p

I, too, peeked at the menu. I'll have the smoked salmon appetizer, and the veggie barley risotto sounds nice for dinner. May I see the wine list? I hope they have wine: I couldn't drink beer to save my life :eek: No dessert, but the sticky toffee pudding is tempting :D

ETA: I'll do some research, but I wonder if the Rose & Crown at WDW World Showcase is named after this pub in Berkshire? Rose & Crown Dining Room

Last edited:
http://www.wdwfanzone.com/2011/08/the-rose-and-crown-in-detail/

In the UK the Rose and Crown is the 12th most popular pub name with 408 known pubs. The official meaning of the Rose and Crown is as follows...

Disney have obviously done their research on the design of the sign, here is a picture of a Rose and Crown pub here in the UK...

Give me all the free warm little breads in baskets :D
I actually had a delish (not free) stuffed mushroom omg cheezy appetizer recently at a chain steakhouse of all places. They also had nice bread :rolleyes:
Nice to read some positives in the press re The Sussexs

Can't be much of a coincidence that they just hired a new PR person, can it?

I’m just waiting for the royal couple to start shopping in discount supermarket Aldi pushing a trolley around with Archie in it and using discount coupons for meals at the local Toby Carvery now after the luxury holiday fiasco.

Mini Me!
upload_2019-8-28_19-6-48.png

Poor Prince George, tired and just wants a nap. Thankfully he has his loving maternal grandfather to comfort him. Grandparents are awesome.
Kids are returning to school next week after the long weekend. It was great seeing all the grandparents with their grand kids doing all sorts of new and familiar activities.
upload_2019-8-28_19-11-57.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member