The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Mysterious Deaths at the Spreckels Mansion'. This will be released soon and is written by Gary C. King, a true crime writer. Interesting....

You know, if the Zahaus do not settle their case in an agreement for silence, there is still a lot of potential money to be made by selling the rights to the story. It would make an interesting movie to say the least.

Hi FB says he hopes to have it uploaded to Amazon within the week. (posted on Tuesday)

https://www.facebook.com/truecrimeking

It will be interesting to see another True Crime writer's take on this.

Always MOO

'Mysterious Deaths at the Spreckels Mansion'. This will be released soon and is written by Gary C. King, a true crime writer. Interesting....

You know, if the Zahaus do not settle their case in an agreement for silence, there is still a lot of potential money to be made by selling the rights to the story. It would make an interesting movie to say the least.

Hmm, is this the book that the kitties have been touting as the book that pushes the suicide theory?

Hmm, is this the book that the kitties have been touting as the book that pushes the suicide theory?

Oh please do tell if this is indeed the book the kitties are scratching about because I will not being purchasing. I wouldn't want to contribute to anyone who thinks like a feral cat on weed.

Oh please do tell if this is indeed the book the kitties are scratching about because I will not being purchasing. I wouldn't want to contribute to anyone who thinks like a feral cat on weed.

I kind of doubt this true crime writer (he has a ton of books on different cases) would stoop so low, but who knows. I suspect momma cat is out of disposable income, but what do I know.

I kind of doubt this true crime writer (he has a ton of books on different cases) would stoop so low, but who knows. I suspect momma cat is out of disposable income, but what do I know.

I'm skeptical about Gary King's soon-to-be published short story because it seems unnecessary to publish yet another story that carries the same premise as Ann Rule's. I hope GK was not paid off to publish this by the defendants in the Zahau wrongful death suit.

I find it puzzling how Gary C King can write a book on the RZ death investigation when he doesn't have much evidence.Ann Rule had all the evidence,audio tapes,blood test results that Gore sent Attorney Bremner over a year ago and there was still KEY evidence withheld according to the Rudoy/Fleck lawsuit vs Gore 2 months ago.So where did author Gary C King get the RZ Case material?

I won't fully accept any writer's take on this case unless they explore the pivotal role the SDSO Sheriff Advisor,former SDSO Forensics Director and former SD Assistant DA to Paul Pfingst - GREG THOMPSON played in the shifting of the murder investigation to developing the FLAWED suicide theory.

I find it puzzling how Gary C King can write a book on the RZ death investigation when he doesn't have much evidence.Ann Rule had all the evidence,audio tapes,blood test results that Gore sent Attorney Bremner over a year ago and there was still KEY evidence withheld according to the Rudoy/Fleck lawsuit vs Gore 2 months ago.So where did author Gary C King get the RZ Case material?

I won't fully accept any writer's take on this case unless they explore the pivotal role the SDSO Sheriff Advisor,former SDSO Forensics Director and former SD Assistant DA to Paul Pfingst - GREG THOMPSON played in the shifting of the murder investigation to developing the FLAWED suicide theory.

Good point. The only other person who was given a copy of Rebecca's file was Jonah. Dina shared this tidbit with us in her interview after the council meeting. Would Jonah share the file with Dina and her attorneys? I doubt anyone from the Zahau team shared the file with GK, but maybe I am wrong. If the Zahau's shared with GK I would assume this would be disclosed in the book. At this time, the only thing I want to read is evidence obtained in the depositions from the civil suit.

Here's an additional excerpt from Nina's audio interview regarding news Dina received from Dr. Peterson on Tuesday evening:

(begins at 41:12 of audio interview)
Dr. Peterson came into the hospital that Tuesday evening and very abruptly said to my sister, “Well I don’t know if this kid’s ever gonna walk or talk again.”

-----------------------------------

Please note, I'm not claiming these are accurate statements, just sharing what Nina stated in her lengthy audio interview. I have no idea if they're accurate statements.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8392893&postcount=21"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Max Shacknai EMS Report[/ame]

I had forgotten about this, but if true, the timing is significant? I tried to find if there were further discussion of what Nina said because I thought there were some, but haven't found them yet. Was any time pinpointed?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Max Shacknai EMS Report

I had forgotten about this, but if true, the timing is significant? I tried to find if there were further discussion of what Nina said because I thought there were some, but haven't found them yet. Was any time pinpointed?

This is why I'm so disappointed that SDSO didn't follow up on NINA's polygraph.
NINA seems in constant contradiction based on her interviews. Lets examine this Tuesday night claim of Dr.Peterson on July 12,2011.
================================================
1-Jonah claimed in his Tuesday hearsay phone message to RZ's voicemail at 12:25am (7/13/11) that Max's condition had turned GRAVE.
2- Nina - has claimed Max's condition turned GRAVE on Thursday on several audio interviews and print articles.
3-Dina -claimed on at least 3 TV interviews during her quest to re-open Max's case this year that it wasn't until Friday that she knew Max wouldn't be leaving the hospital and never play soccer again.
TIMELINE - Tuesday Night
---------------------------------------
1- Nina and Dina told Jonah there's no hurry to come back as he left Rady Hospital to go to dinner with Adam and Rebecca.
2- Jonah returned to Rady Hospital at 8:00pm.
3- According to Nina she left Rady at 9:00pm after borrowing Jonah's car for some unexplained reason.

Based on this timeline....Dr. Peterson must've made this Tuesday night statement between 8:00pm and 9:00pm but that still doesn't explain why Jonah would wait 3 1/2 hours to phone RZ with this GRAVE news at such an hour that JS would know RZ would be asleep.This also doesn't explain why Nina and Dina have made repeated statements indicating it wasn't until days later that each knew Max was in GRAVE condition and not expected to live.

This is a KEY timeline question that Gore never released to the public to support his suicide theory....Dr.Peterson's statement to SDSO investigators that supported Jonah's Tuesday night claim that Max's condition turned GRAVE. Based on everything I've read or heard on this case.....Gore ONLY put out information to support HIS suicide theory so this silence with regards to what Dr. Peterson said or didn't say Tuesday night is a RED FLAG.I assume that this is just another KEY evidence material that Gore withheld from the Zahau family and Attorney Bremner because Ann Rule NEVER mentions any direct quotes from Dr.Peterson regarding this Tuesday night medical observation or the hospital chart for that matter.

How can we possibly know the TRUTH in this CRUCIAL KEY aspect of RZ's death investigation when the 3 people of interest have 3 different stories/days of that tragic week when Max's condition turned GRAVE? What is at stake....Gore based his entire suicide theory that Rebecca received the JS hearsay phone message at 12:50am on 7/13/11 and then proceeded in the next 2 hours to complete an intricate suicide because she was distraught. If there is NO confirmation that Dr.Peterson didn't release that GRAVE news Tuesday night and the hospital chart also didn't indicate a sudden change in Max's condition then Gore's suicide theory is history. The same could've happened to Gore's suicide theory if brash ME Lucas put RZ's time of death at 1:00am on 7/13/11 because that would've only given RZ 10 minutes to complete her intricate suicide after supposedly listening to Jonah's voicemail message at 12:50am. ME Lucas instead conveniently put the time of death at 3:00am during the Sept.2,2011 PC to "fit" Gore's suicide theory. ME Lucas in his Autopsy Report makes no mention of time of death.

This was want Nina said early in the interview 5:00 min mark - Notice, at this time Nina does not mention Dr. Peterson's abrupt remark. She doesn't mentiom it until much later in her interview as Zinn pointed out, 43 mins later.

Nina:

When Tuesday came around and I went to the hospital - to see my nephew - first thing I did was I went to the - uh - the gift shop. I got him a teddy bear and I got him a book. I didn't know how severe his injuries were - and I got into the room and I - I was so taken aback. I can't even begin... - it chokes me up just thinking about it. I was so taken aback. He was - he had tubes coming up from every where...um - he had a neck brace on... he was on a ventilator. um - it was just shocking for me to see him like that - and I, you know, I spoke to the nurses that day. This was Tuesday - and they said - well, this is what we think is going to happen. We think that he'll probably be in the ICU for about a week. And then we think he'll go to the - I guess they call it a step down unit? - um and he'll probably be there a couple of weeks and then he'll have to do a lot of rehab. So he'll probably miss the soccer season - he might not make it to first grade right away - but this is what they were saying. Because we were under the impression that he had CPR within two minutes, because that's what she said. She said that he had his fall and she gave him CPR within two minutes of his fall.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/nina_romano.mp3

NINA seems in constant contradiction based on her interviews. Lets examine this Tuesday night claim of Dr.Peterson on July 12,2011.
1-Jonah claimed in his Tuesday hearsay phone message to RZ's voicemail at 12:25am (7/13/11) that Max's condition had turned GRAVE.
2- Nina - has claimed Max's condition turned GRAVE on Thursday on several audio interviews and print articles.
3-Dina -claimed on at least 3 TV interviews during her quest to re-open Max's case this year that it wasn't until Friday that she knew Max wouldn't be leaving the hospital and never play soccer again.
TIMELINE - Tuesday Night
1- Nina and Dina told Jonah there's no hurry to come back as he left Rady Hospital to go to dinner with Adam and Rebecca.
3- According to Nina she left Rady at 9:00pm after borrowing Jonah's car for some unexplained reason.

Based on this timeline....Dr. Peterson must've made this Tuesday night statement between 8:00pm and 9:00pm but that still doesn't explain why Jonah would wait 3 1/2 hours to phone RZ with this GRAVE news at such an hour that JS would know RZ would be asleep.This also doesn't explain why Nina and Dina have made repeated statements indicating it wasn't until days later that each knew Max was in GRAVE condition and not expected to live.<snipped only for brevity>

Thank you Serpico ... something is wrong just that there are so many inconsistencies.

BBM - I think their statements are obviously untrue. Remeber there is also the internet evidence from the daughter of Dina's BF who knew Monday night. It almost sounds to me like they all knew Monday, everything else is trying to make it appear as if it is later, but no one is getting their story straight - some of these events could have happened like the Dr. coming in on Tuesday but only served to further enrage, IDK.

Both Dina and Nina should have been given polygraphs!!!

I'm not buying Jonah's message story, but it could be SDSO doctored what he said (or exagerated?) and explained it was better that way? And, oops, no message to retrieve! But also, we don't actually know what Jonah said in his interviews.

LASH - the quotes you posted from Nina seem to show the truth comes out further on int he interview. I bet she later regretted that.

This was want Nina said early in the interview 5:00 min mark - Notice, at this time Nina does not mention Dr. Peterson's abrupt remark. She doesn't mentiom it until much later in her interview as Zinn pointed out, 43 mins later.

Nina:

When Tuesday came around and I went to the hospital - to see my nephew - first thing I did was I went to the - uh - the gift shop. I got him a teddy bear and I got him a book. I didn't know how severe his injuries were - and I got into the room and I - I was so taken aback. I can't even begin... - it chokes me up just thinking about it. I was so taken aback. He was - he had tubes coming up from every where...um - he had a neck brace on... he was on a ventilator. um - it was just shocking for me to see him like that - and I, you know, I spoke to the nurses that day. This was Tuesday - and they said - well, this is what we think is going to happen. We think that he'll probably be in the ICU for about a week. And then we think he'll go to the - I guess they call it a step down unit? - um and he'll probably be there a couple of weeks and then he'll have to do a lot of rehab. So he'll probably miss the soccer season - he might not make it to first grade right away - but this is what they were saying. Because we were under the impression that he had CPR within two minutes, because that's what she said. She said that he had his fall and she gave him CPR within two minutes of his fall.

Notice the very odd, abrupt change from this long relaying of what they supposedly talked about to the "Because..." he supposedly had CPR within two minutes.

Nina:

The deposition I'm most interested in besides GREG THOMPSON is Dr. Brad Peterson from Rady Hospital. This constant whining of NINA's regarding CPR within 2 minutes. First off, the paramedics arrived about 4 minutes after Xena's 911 call. Dr.Peterson could possibly be the single most person indirectly responsible for RZ's death. Lets examine this "2 minute" CPR rant by Nina time and time again.
===============================================
1- Max went from Coronado Hospital to Rady Hospital about noon time.
2- Dina wasn't informed until after 2:00pm that Monday afternoon so she probably arrived at Rady between 2:30 pm -3:00pm.
3- Max's x-rays might have been completed by the time Dina arrived. Dina wasn't present nor was Jonah and Rebecca wasn't allowed (so to speak) at Rady so Dr. Peterson never talked with her. Of course, RZ didn't see what happened either but it seems Dr. Peterson made some bold statements....he questioned Max's fall or story of his fall and possibly he was the source of this "2 minute" CPR inquiry..I'll take the liberty right now and say that RZ probably gave more CPR to Max than Adam gave RZ after he took the GAG out of her mouth finally.
4- NINA didn't arrive until RZ picked her and her son up at the Airport Monday night so NINA is only getting information from Dina...accurate or not.
5- NINA's claim the lack of CPR to Max in the first 2 minutes suggests RZ was responsible for Max's death is highly suspicious and not confirmed in the Autopsy Report and still waiting on what Dr.Peterson has to say.
6- How could Dr.Peterson say RZ didn't perform CPR within 2 minutes when he never talked to her at the hospital? The paramedics arrived 4 minutes after the 911 call and gave Max CPR for about 20 minutes I believe it was stated in the EMS Report ......seems Max was doomed as soon as hit the floor.
7- Rady Hospital scene.....not Jonah's fault, not Dina's fault and Dina's claim that Max would've never done something that reckless so ALL THE BLAME is on Rebecca which is probably what Dr.Peterson is hearing over and over. Nina just taking whatever Dina says, thinks or suggests concerning RZ as gospel.

TIMELINE - Tuesday Night

Based on this timeline....Dr. Peterson must've made this Tuesday night statement between 8:00pm and 9:00pm but that still doesn't explain why Jonah would wait 3 1/2 hours to phone RZ with this GRAVE news at such an hour that JS would know RZ would be asleep.This also doesn't explain why Nina and Dina have made repeated statements indicating it wasn't until days later that each knew Max was in GRAVE condition and not expected to live.

This is a KEY timeline question that Gore never released to the public to support his suicide theory....Dr.Peterson's statement to SDSO investigators that supported Jonah's Tuesday night claim that Max's condition turned GRAVE. Based on everything I've read or heard on this case.....Gore ONLY put out information to support HIS suicide theory so this silence with regards to what Dr. Peterson said or didn't say Tuesday night is a RED FLAG.I assume that this is just another KEY evidence material that Gore withheld from the Zahau family and Attorney Bremner because Ann Rule NEVER mentions any direct quotes from Dr.Peterson regarding this Tuesday night medical observation or the hospital chart for that matter.

How can we possibly know the TRUTH in this CRUCIAL KEY aspect of RZ's death investigation when the 3 people of interest have 3 different stories/days of that tragic week when Max's condition turned GRAVE? What is at stake....Gore based his entire suicide theory that Rebecca received the JS hearsay phone message at 12:50am on 7/13/11 and then proceeded in the next 2 hours to complete an intricate suicide because she was distraught. If there is NO confirmation that Dr.Peterson didn't release that GRAVE news Tuesday night and the hospital chart also didn't indicate a sudden change in Max's condition then Gore's suicide theory is history. The same could've happened to Gore's suicide theory if brash ME Lucas put RZ's time of death at 1:00am on 7/13/11 because that would've only given RZ 10 minutes to complete her intricate suicide after supposedly listening to Jonah's voicemail message at 12:50am. ME Lucas instead conveniently put the time of death at 3:00am during the Sept.2,2011 PC to "fit" Gore's suicide theory. ME Lucas in his Autopsy Report makes no mention of time of death.

Awesome observation on discrepancies of the parties :)

Your observations let some light in...

The FIRST thing to determine is whether Peterson made any comment on Tuesday... because if he did not, then we have a definite lie about a phone message and then we would want to know why there was a motive to lie immediately upon Rebecca's discovery. Also, If I could find it, there was some reference that daddy asked that (some?) information not be shared with Dina during Max's time in the hospital. Not sure if anyone recalls that?

Also, if there was some new "grave news" why would the doctor give it in such an informal manner and without the mother present?

I just read an article on the Importance Of CPR....very extensive article and states that,"brain death starts to occur 4 to 6 minutes after someone experiences cardiac arrest."

The paramedics would've started CPR within that time frame (EMS Report) regardless what RZ did or didn't do......just curious where Nina got this medical opinion of within 2 minutes.

Nina:

Thank you Lash....

Am I wrong, or did Nina say that the only thing Rebecca would say is that he fell from the bedroom? And ... I don't know....

Who told her she gave him CPR within two minutes, if it wasn't Rebecca who only said .... He fell from the bedroom, I don't know? Could it be that the EMT's actually said he received CPR within two minutes, since the ambulance got there in about two minutes?

Thank you Lash....

Am I wrong, or did Nina say that the only thing Rebecca would say is that he fell from the bedroom? And ... I don't know....

Who told her she gave him CPR within two minutes, if it wasn't Rebecca who only said .... He fell from the bedroom, I don't know? Could it be that the EMT's actually said he received CPR within two minutes, since the ambulance got there in about two minutes?

I've looked at County SD Investigative Report and EMS/CFD Report.Here's what I've read.

1- County SD Report...Xena called 911 at 10;10 am on 7/11/11 and CPD Officer Erhard was first to arrive at the scene at 10:12am.The Investigative Narrative stated that between 10;10am until Officer Erhard arrived at 10:12 am that RZ gave a few "rescue breaths."

2- EMS/CFD Report....call came in at 10:12am and arrived at 10:18am on 7/11/11. The Report states (upper left corner) written 7/11/11 but a little ways down on left corner states this Report was PRINTED 7/22/11 which is always a RED FLAG for me.

This EMS/CFD Report in YELLOW outline says....Noted NO CPR was performed before we arrived.(10:18am).
My question to NINA: Why do you persist on blaming RZ for not performing CPR according to the EMS/CFD Report when CPD Officer Erhard was at the scene with Max SIX MINUTES before CFD arrived and evidently didn't perform CPR.I would think that a police officer would be more experienced/trained to perform CPR than a 32 year old woman who previously worked at a EYE CARE / LASIX Center. Why hasn't your wrath and Dina's wrath on the CPR issue been directed towards CPD Officer Erhard vs Rebecca?

Thank you, excellent research. I'll add another post by KZ:

Originally Posted by K_Z
I also want to point out that Max's airway at the scene was quite compromised with secretions and regurgitated stomach contents, according to the EMS report. It could be that this was a deterrent and complication for Rebecca to initiate rescue breaths before paramedics arrived. Paramedics had suction equipment, oral and nasal airways, ambu bags and oxygen, EMS emergency airways, and endotracheal tubes and laryngoscopes, and they STILL had great difficulty managing Max's airway. So whether or not Rebecca gave, or attempted to give rescue breaths is not worth debating-- paramedics had great difficulty managing his airway. Why would anyone expect a layperson to be any more skilled than paramedics?

I've looked at County SD Investigative Report and EMS/CFD Report.Here's what I've read.

1- County SD Report...Xena called 911 at 10;10 am on 7/11/11 and CPD Officer Erhard was first to arrive at the scene at 10:12am.The Investigative Narrative stated that between 10;10am until Officer Erhard arrived at 10:12 am that RZ gave a few "rescue breaths."

2- EMS/CFD Report....call came in at 10:12am and arrived at 10:18am on 7/11/11. The Report states (upper left corner) written 7/11/11 but a little ways down on left corner states this Report was PRINTED 7/22/11 which is always a RED FLAG for me.

This EMS/CFD Report in YELLOW outline says....Noted NO CPR was performed before we arrived.(10:18am).
My question to NINA: Why do you persist on blaming RZ for not performing CPR according to the EMS/CFD Report when CPD Officer Erhard was at the scene with Max SIX MINUTES before CFD arrived and evidently didn't perform CPR.I would think that a police officer would be more experienced/trained to perform CPR than a 32 year old woman who previously worked at a EYE CARE / LASIX Center. Why hasn't your wrath and Dina's wrath on the CPR issue been directed towards CPD Officer Erhard vs Rebecca?

Serpico, excellent points!

I especially agree with BBM. Seems Nina (and Dina) are rather discriminatory in fingerpointing blame at Rebecca for Max's accident for unrealistic reasons.

Upon further analysis of the red comforter found at the crime scene, yet not taken into evidence, that was located on the overturned white wicker, also not taken into evidence, the lotus-shaped markings are puzzling.

The lotus markings are visible in the forefront of the photo as well as along the outer edges. They do not seem to be evenly spaced as one would expect if inlaid within the fabric as a pattern. Two explanations come to mind:

(1) This could be an optical illusion due to folds and lumps not visible. It is also possible that the pattern exists on other areas of the comforter but due to the flash are not visible in the photo. OR

(2) A person wearing no-skid SOCKS with rubber lotus-pattern soles, especially if the soles were a "bit" damp, trampled back and forth on the red comforter before it was placed on the wicker chair. (FWIW I did my own experiment with similar socks, damp from walking on my lawn, then stamping on my navy blue comforter. Lo and behold the marks were visible.)

Attached is an enhanced close up of the comforter.
Also attached is an example of a no-skid sock with a close up of the lotus-pattern no-skid bottom.
Although the pattern is different, for visualization purposes, also attached is the "Combed Cotton PINK YOGA Non Slip Sock with Rubber Decorative for Women"

I'm still on the fence on this one. Just tossing it out as food for thought.
:fence:

Attachments

• comforter_cu.jpg
    comforter_cu.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 24
  • no_skid_socks.jpg
    no_skid_socks.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 18
  • socks_CU.jpg
    socks_CU.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 17
  • combed_cotton_pink_yoga_non_slip_sock_with_rubber_decorative_for_women.jpg