The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There could have been bedside table lamps though...just a thought.

Yes very possible. In any of the photos of the scene we have. I can not see anything that shows there was any kind of light on so far. In that photo where you can see the overhead light not on... you also look straight back into the room where the bed is against the back wall and there is no hint of light.

It can be answered very quickly by LE though. They should know.

There could have been bedside table lamps though...just a thought.

I wondered about that, too.

If so, I would have expected to hear of a lamp with RZ's fingerprints/DNA on the lamp or the lamp switch, or I would have expected to catch a glimpse of a lamp in one of the photos, if such a lamp even exists.

I find it odd that RZ's fingerprints were found on the door jamb, but not on the door knob or anywhere else on the door itself, or anywhere on the light switch.

RZ's fingerprints were found on the bed leg next to the rope, but nowhere else on the bed frame.

I also find it odd that there has been absolutely no mention of any fingerprints found on the white trash bag.

ETA: I find it odd that RZ's fingerprints/DNA were only found on the particular items that pointed toward a suicide scenario, and were not found on anything else in that room.

It's much too tidy & convenient for my comfort.

From Val Hall, did Rebecca have the ability to go over the balcony railing as LE stated?

RZAttempt1.MTS - YouTube
RZAttempt2.MTS - YouTube

Brilliant re-enactment by Valhall!

The only thing I would correct in the re-enactment is the height of the balcony railing. Valhall was using a 38" railing height, whereas Cynic's measurements show the balcony railing to be 36".

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7165301&postcount=72"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The footprints/shoeprints on the balcony[/ame]

Based on RZ's height of 5'3", I still believe it would have been unlikely for RZ to have hurled herself over a 36" railing, especially given where her toe prints were in relation to the area of disturbed dust on the railing.

TY so much Valhall for attempting a re-enactment! After watching it, I think it's clear why LE elected to withhold publishing their own re-enactment (I suspect LE attempted their own re-enactment, but when it failed to support the suicide scenario, I think they chose to say they decided not to attempt it, IMO).

I wasn't sure where to put this, so here it is!
It's an article from our local news station about calls to the San Diego Police Department "misconduct, intervention" tip line. :cool:

I wish there was such a thing for the San Diego Sheriff...or the Coronado PD...or the Medical Examiner...

Not that I'd trust them to answer the damned thing.
Anyway:

Chief: Many calls to SDPD misconduct, intervention tip line

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15680614/chief-many-calls-to-sdpd-misconduct-intervention-tip-line

Look at the balcony photos again. There are absolutely NO rope marks.....anywhere. She allegedly hopped out on to the balcony with 7 feet of rope trailing off her hands but there were no rope marks on the floor of the balcony. Riddle me that Batman!

And I don't see 11 inches of dust disturbed either. Within that 11 inch area, there appear to be 3 small disturbances of dust, not the whole 111 inches of disturbed dust. I have no idea how she manged to hope over that railing with bound hands and feet.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2CLDxryA6f

This is a link to an interesting video someone made mocking SDSO's lack of answers. I don't know why but it came to mind that this could have easily been done in a different language & translated to English. Maybe it's just the lack of quality that suggests this. there are several videos made by this same person on this topic. Interesting. I have wondered all along how loud the voice for Rebecca cries in the other countries she resided in.

And I don't see 11 inches of dust disturbed either. Within that 11 inch area, there appear to be 3 small disturbances of dust, not the whole 111 inches of disturbed dust. I have no idea how she manged to hope over that railing with bound hands and feet.
It also could be Officer one foots arm print from leaning on the railing to look below :waitasec:

It's clear that she actually managed to stand on a table, which she lifted onto the balcony without making any marks in the dust, and then, as she jumped, she pulled the table with her, which is why Adam found it upright in the garden, but far from the balcony, with a busted leg.

Right.

Something that really bothers me about this case is that I think she is a victim of racism in death. If she was a white woman, with a different background, all these inconsistencies would have ruled out suicide, and her body would have been treated very differently. Because she is Asian, was an immigrant from a poor country, she was perceived as a goldigger girlfriend lucky to have a rich boyfriend - so she can be treated like trash. I very much doubt JS would have treated a white girlfriend this way, with the display of the body, etc. In her death, we see how it must have been for her in life - a "trophy" girlfriend who was sneered at for being just that - beautiful and available to him.

This is a link to an interesting video someone made mocking SDSO's lack of answers. I don't know why but it came to mind that this could have easily been done in a different language & translated to English. Maybe it's just the lack of quality that suggests this. there are several videos made by this same person on this topic. Interesting. I have wondered all along how loud the voice for Rebecca cries in the other countries she resided in.

I went to the link but did not see a related video?:confused:

I can't get the link to work either but I think the videos you talk about are like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ6jdGzmuEA"]Rebecca Zahau Investigation - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.youtube.com/user/prixsara

The person making them says they are from Brazil

These are made using Xtranormal Movie Maker

Xtranormal lets you to turn anything you type into a fully-animated CG movie. Set up your scene, type in your script, and animate it instantly. Easily share something funny with friends, or create the next viral sensation. If you can type, you can make YouTube movies!

It's clear that she actually managed to stand on a table, which she lifted onto the balcony without making any marks in the dust, and then, as she jumped, she pulled the table with her, which is why Adam found it upright in the garden, but far from the balcony, with a busted leg.

Right.
:giggle:

Something that really bothers me about this case is that I think she is a victim of racism in death. If she was a white woman, with a different background, all these inconsistencies would have ruled out suicide, and her body would have been treated very differently. Because she is Asian, was an immigrant from a poor country, she was perceived as a goldigger girlfriend lucky to have a rich boyfriend - so she can be treated like trash. I very much doubt JS would have treated a white girlfriend this way, with the display of the body, etc. In her death, we see how it must have been for her in life - a "trophy" girlfriend who was sneered at for being just that - beautiful and available to him.

Or better yet a golddigging Asian baby killer.....who cares if one of them lays in the yard naked for 13 hours while the world takes photographs right? :furious:

Yes. Let's imagine that his new girlfriend was a Kendra Wilkinson type. Can we imagine that a blonde, anglo girlfriend would face this much venom from the family, automatic blame? There a sort of "you stupid girl, you should never shower, you should be watching him at every moment," attitude. Even though this accident could easily have happened at his mother's house, with the whole family present, etc. It's kind of like she was the maid plus available for sex - so she could be treated in a really sick and dismissive way. Like she hadn't bonded with him and loved him too? What about her grief over the accident. Instead, she was sort of sent to sit by the fire, banned from the hospital, and then they all got worked up about this stupid, stupid maid/girlfriend and then...

:giggle:

Or better yet a golddigging Asian baby killer who committed iron-clad, almost scientifically proven suicide.....who cares if one of them lays in the yard naked for 13 hours while the world takes photographs right? :furious:

Bolded addition by me. It is so outrageous how disrespectful LE was to allow that to happen.

I don't think it was all because of her race, etc., though, so much as it was the wealth and politics, but that is JMO. This case was closed quickly even though everybody still had a lot of logical questions.

Yeah, the case is "closed".

I just learned through a Coronado resident that the funiture and furnishings in the mansion are secretly being moved out (at night presumably) because the mansion is going to put up for sale.

If I were not already disturbed by most of the goings ons in this case, the fact that JS is SECRETLY moving the furniture (and evidence) out of the house unerves and disturbs me even more.

IF the case is really closed and he is free to do what he wants...then WHY is he secretly moving HIS belongings out?

IMO I think someone wants to stay under the radar from folks like us websleuthers.

I just learned through a Coronado resident that the funiture and furnishings in the mansion are secretly being moved out (at night presumably) because the mansion is going to put up for sale.

If I were not already disturbed by most of the goings ons in this case, the fact that JS is SECRETLY moving the furniture (and evidence) out of the house unerves and disturbs me even more.

IF the case is really closed and he is free to do what he wants...then WHY is he secretly moving HIS belongings out?

IMO I think someone wants to stay under the radar from folks like us websleuthers.

Good grief!

Not sure whether or not I believe in ghosts, but given this house's recent history, prospective buyers might be awfully wary if they're believers.

Sadly, I am not surprised. Secretly at night... odd. I wish the family and Anne had the money to have a private detective watching the home and JS.

If he is guilty in RZ's murder he will slip up and get caught.

I sure would like to know where it is being taken too? Given to charity, landfill or destroyed completely.

Hope a local reporter stakes the place out and finds out.

Thanks, sdcali. Did your source say what they, and the good folks in Coronado, think about Rebecca's death and the (lack of) investigation into the circumstances surrounding it?

Moving that particular furniture does strike me as odd - except for the fish chair. I'd take that one myself. :innocent:

Any dust on her hands?
Someone in good shape and limber might be able to lean sideways and use tied up hands on the railing to help hoist yourself over? It could explain a sideways launch. Again... not enough dust marks... where was the fingerprint (s) on the balcony?

Neither the autopsy report nor the LE indicate any fingerprint marks on the balcony. So one can conclude RZ's fingerprints were not found on railing. Whether they checked for other people's fingerprints is a separate story and from what I can gather - likely not.

Neither the autopsy report nor the LE indicate any fingerprint marks on the balcony. So one can conclude RZ's fingerprints were not found on railing. Whether they checked for other people's fingerprints is a separate story and from what I can gather - likely not.

According to the Power Point presentation, there is also no mention of finding RZ's DNA on the balcony railing.

This suggests to me:

1. RZ did not come into contact with the balcony railing

2. The balcony railing wasn't processed for DNA

3. The suicide scenario was decided immediately, thus, investigators determined it was a waste of time to process the balcony railing for DNA, even though there were apparent areas of dust disturbance on the railing

4. All of the above

I find it improbable that Rebecca (5' 3 1/2" tall) hurled herself over a 36" railing without leaving any DNA behind. The SDCSD claims the disturbed dust was due to RZ's torso coming into contact with the railing (despite the infeasible geometry of such a feat, based on the location of the toe prints with regard to the disturbed dust).

That iron railing is NOT a sleek, smooth surface. When I looked @ close-up photos, I saw several rough edges, as well as several jagged edges.

Bare skin + rough, jagged iron surface = DNA

According to the Power Point presentation, there is also no mention of finding RZ's DNA on the balcony railing.

This suggests to me:

1. RZ did not come into contact with the balcony railing

2. The balcony railing wasn't processed for DNA

3. The suicide scenario was decided immediately, thus, investigators determined it was a waste of time to process the balcony railing for DNA, even though there were apparent areas of dust disturbance on the railing

4. All of the above

I find it improbable that Rebecca (5' 3 1/2" tall) hurled herself over a 36" railing without leaving any DNA behind. The SDCSD claims the disturbed dust was due to RZ's torso coming into contact with the railing (despite the infeasible geometry of such a feat, based on the location of the toe prints with regard to the disturbed dust).

That iron railing is NOT a sleek, smooth surface. When I looked @ close-up photos, I saw several rough edges, as well as several jagged edges.

Bare skin + rough, jagged iron surface = DNA

Do you know if DNA detection of humans on an object is directly proportional to the amount of time a body makes physical contact with the object?

I'm asking because in the LE reports, it was stated that one paintbrush and one knife contained RZ's DNA but not her fingerprints, and the second paintbrush and knife contained her fingerprints, but not DNA.

I had always thought that if your fingerprints are on an object, that means your DNA should also be found on it...except it appears that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1