The case for murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know there was no deleted voicemail on Becky's cellphone?

Becky's phone records show that someone accessed her voicemail at 12:50am Wednesday. My view is that Becky was already tied up and possibly unconscious and even dead at the time and the murderer(s) used Becky's phone to access her voicemail.

The police could have obtained Becky's last voicemails -- even those that were deleted from the service provider's (Verizon) databases -- had they been prompt and instructed Verizon within the allotted time period. As it were, the police intentionally contacted Verizon AFTER the allotted time (I think it was after 30 days) and all of Becky's voicemails at Verizon's databases had been purged by then.

So we don't know whether or not Jonah had left a voicemail on Becky's cellphone around midnight Tues. The only way to ascertain this info now is by obtaining Jonah's phone records and these records have not been disclosed to the public.

And have no doubt long been destroyed.

Lately I have been thinking about how he (allegedly - though I believe it) told Dina that he could kill her and get away with it.

Hi Time, it's lovely to 'see' you too!!

How do you know there was no deleted voicemail on Becky's cellphone?

Becky's phone records show that someone accessed her voicemail at 12:50am Wednesday. My view is that Becky was already tied up and possibly unconscious and even dead at the time and the murderer(s) used Becky's phone to access her voicemail.

The police could have obtained Becky's last voicemails -- even those that were deleted from the service provider's (Verizon) databases -- had they been prompt and instructed Verizon within the allotted time period. As it were, the police intentionally contacted Verizon AFTER the allotted time (I think it was after 30 days) and all of Becky's voicemails at Verizon's databases had been purged by then.

So we don't know whether or not Jonah had left a voicemail on Becky's cellphone around midnight Tues. The only way to ascertain this info now is by obtaining Jonah's phone records and these records have not been disclosed to the public.

On another site, there is a statement from Anne, stating that JS never made a call to Rebecca's phone. I don't have the quote handy, as it is 18 mos or so old.

On another site, there is a statement from Anne, stating that JS never made a call to Rebecca's phone. I don't have the quote handy, as it is 18 mos or so old.

If you're referring to Anne Bremner, I think what she said was that there were no records of JS' call on Becky's cellphone records, not that there was no voicemail made by JS to Becky.

I think when AB said that she did not have in her possession Jonah's phone records so she could not verify it, one way or another. I assume Ann Rule had obtained Jonah's phone records and that is why she wrote in her book that Jonah had left a voicemail around 12:30am Wed morning. But IDK.

Really would be helpful for us to have the phone records of all the primary characters: JS, DS, NR, AS, HL, Jonah's teenage kids, etc.

If you're referring to Anne Bremner, I think what she said was that there were no records of JS' call on Becky's cellphone records, not that there was no voicemail made by JS to Becky.

I think when AB said that she did not have in her possession Jonah's phone records so she could not verify it, one way or another. I assume Ann Rule had obtained Jonah's phone records and that is why she wrote in her book that Jonah had left a voicemail around 12:30am Wed morning. But IDK.

Really would be helpful for us to have the phone records of all the primary characters: JS, DS, NR, AS, HL, Jonah's teenage kids, etc.

I agree 100%. Transparency would offer much in the way of getting to the root of the activities during that night.

JS's phone records, as well as his daughters, would be helpful for the day of Max's accident as well. Even there the stories vary so much.

Does anyone know for certain that LE did or did not get JS's phone records?

Does anyone know for certain that LE did or did not get JS's phone records?

LE had a warrant for JS' phone records, so I would assume they actually received them. Hopefully LE actually examined and cross-referenced the calls with Becky's, Dina's, etc.

What I'd like to know is did LE retrieve and examine Dina's and Nina's phone records? If not, WTH.

I'm fairly certain that the phone records is what Anne was basing her statement on. Question. If JS didn't call and leave a message on Rebecca's phone, that had to be deleted, who did call and leave the message? I would say it must have been incriminating, either who did call, or what was said.

I'm fairly certain that the phone records is what Anne was basing her statement on. Question. If JS didn't call and leave a message on Rebecca's phone, that had to be deleted, who did call and leave the message? I would say it must have been incriminating, either who did call, or what was said.

I wonder, could someone just have accessed her voicemail to see if there was anything on there? Maybe I am confused now, but I can't see that LE would know what messages were listened to?

I see freespeech brought this up before:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8405698&postcount=827"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - What happened to Rebecca Zahau?[/ame]

2) Was anything deleted? Did forensics show that a deletion occurred? Her record showed that her voicemail was accessed at 12:50 AM. How does one know that when the voicemail was accessed a deletion occurred? I access a voicemail to listen to new or old messages. Sometimes I delete but sometimes I save them but I don't necessarily erase anything when I listen to my voicemail.

Maybe they can tell a message was erased or a specific message? Why do I find this difficult to believe when they couldn't even seem to get to her phone as a priority - when it was used in their motive?

I wonder, could someone just have accessed her voicemail to see if there was anything on there? Maybe I am confused now, but I can't see that LE would know what messages were listened to?

I see freespeech brought this up before:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

Maybe they can tell a message was erased or a specific message? Why do I find this difficult to believe when they couldn't even seem to get to her phone as a priority - when it was used in their motive?

I don't think there's anyway to tell which voicemail message on Becky's phone was erased unless LE had actually retrieved all the voicemail that was on Becky's phone for that time period.

So I would hazard to guess that LE was either only using Jonah's word that he left a VM message on Becky's phone around Tues midnight, or hopefully they actually retrieved Jonah's phone records and analyzed it carefully, and that his records showed Jonah had made a phone call to Becky Tues about midnight.

How LE arrived at the fact that Becky was the one who erased Jonah's midnight Tues message is beyond me since they didn't even see it fit to retrieve all of Becky's VM in her final days of life on earth until well beyond the deletion of databased VMs from Verizon. Furthermore, LE would have no way of knowing whether someone who accessed Becky's phone at 12:50am Wed had deleted only Jonah's VM, or all the VMs, or only some of VMs on Becky's phone.

I see a lot of incompetence on LE's part. Someone in that department should be fired for failure of duty.

Nod, Anne Bremner had said she was in possession of Becky's phone records, but not Jonah's or Dina's or any other POIs.

I don't think Jonah would incriminate himself by outright admitting to leaving a voicemail on Becky's cellphone if he didn't. If he did not actually leave a VM, what purpose would it serve him to say he did?

By the same token, if he did leave a VM and said something incriminating, and he was the one who erased it, why admit to LE that he sent a VM in the first place? That seems contradictory to putting himself in a good light. Instead he'd be injecting himself as a possible suspect in the investigation by confessing it was he who left a VM.

So I think it was indeed Jonah's VM on Tues around midnight.

However, whether other POIs had also left VMs on Becky's phone, IDK. They could have, and maybe in the process of erasing VMs, the murderer(s) also erased Jonah's.

Nod, Anne Bremner had said she was in possession of Becky's phone records, but not Jonah's or Dina's or any other POIs.

I don't think Jonah would incriminate himself by outright admitting to leaving a voicemail on Becky's cellphone if he didn't. If he did not actually leave a VM, what purpose would it serve him to say he did?

By the same token, if he did leave a VM and said something incriminating, and he was the one who erased it, why admit to LE that he sent a VM in the first place? That seems contradictory to putting himself in a good light. Instead he'd be injecting himself as a possible suspect in the investigation by confessing it was he who left a VM.

So I think it was indeed Jonah's VM on Tues around midnight.

However, whether other POIs had also left VMs on Becky's phone, IDK. They could have, and maybe in the process of erasing VMs, the murderer(s) also erased Jonah's.

So, if he did leave said voicemail, why doesn't he release his phone records from that night, to show that he indeed is telling the truth? Simple, right?

Maybe he hasn't due to other phone calls and texts he made/received that night.

As for a reason, he was supposedly at the hospital, or Ronald McDonald house, however the volunteers at RMH stated that he never stayed there. So, where was he that night? Leads to possibly needing an alibi.

Just throwing it out there. As my signature states, this is imho.

So, if he did leave said voicemail, why doesn't he release his phone records from that night, to show that he indeed is telling the truth? Simple, right?

Maybe he hasn't due to other phone calls and texts he made/received that night.

As for a reason, he was supposedly at the hospital, or Ronald McDonald house, however the volunteers at RMH stated that he never stayed there. So, where was he that night? Leads to possibly needing an alibi.

Just throwing it out there. As my signature states, this is imho.

LE and Ann Rule said that they have videotape surveillance at RMH and the hospital verifying that Jonah was at either RMH or the hospital during the time period when Becky was killed.

As to why he doesn't show his phone records to the public, my guess would be that his lawyers and PR people advised him not to.

For gods sake,is anyone going to do something about this? A woman was brutally murdered.

For gods sake,is anyone going to do something about this? A woman was brutally murdered.

I don't get it either. A gorgeous, talented, gentle-hearted young woman with her whole life ahead of her was savagely murdered by jealous, hateful monsters hell-bent on revenge over Max's accident.

It is readily apparent who the culprits are. They have even shown their true colors in the media and online subsequent to Becky's brutal murder. In the media, Dina set off on her truth-be-damned PR campaign to malign Becky's character and to falsely accuse the loving murdered victim of assaulting and causing the homicide of Max. The guilt-ridden murderers are so fearful of the truth coming to light about Becky's murder that they are continuously posting hateful things about Becky to slander her online in every single MSM article and blog.

If those are not signs of guilt by the murderers and admissions of their motives in killing Becky, I don't know what is.

LE and Ann Rule said that they have videotape surveillance at RMH and the hospital verifying that Jonah was at either RMH or the hospital during the time period when Becky was killed.

As to why he doesn't show his phone records to the public, my guess would be that his lawyers and PR people advised him not to.

Hi Bourne, do you happen to have a link to Anne's statement about this? I have read interviews and an insider here on Websleuths worked at the RMDH and stated he had never checked in or stayed there during Max's hospitalization.

I would appreciate any links, as I would need to rethink some things about the case. Thank you so much!

Hi Bourne, do you happen to have a link to Anne's statement about this? I have read interviews and an insider here on Websleuths worked at the RMDH and stated he had never checked in or stayed there during Max's hospitalization.

I would appreciate any links, as I would need to rethink some things about the case. Thank you so much!

In Ann Rule's book, "Fatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors" on page 194 in the Kindle version. AR wrote:

"Jonah Shacknai himself was never a suspect in Becky's death. The Ronald McDonald House had security cameras at all its entrances and exits, and even in the hallways that led to rooms. The investigators were able to obtain images of Jonah at the entrance doors to the McDonald House, and in the corridors, arriving and leaving his room. They could absolutely place the times Jonah had gone to his room and then left to sit with Max, and his return to the McDonald House to catch a few hours' sleep. They had videotape of where he was on Tuesday night."

On the contrary, Dina Shacknai was not captured on any surveillance videos at the RMH or the hospital Tuesday night. She was only purportedly at the hospital because her "cellphone pinged at the vicinity of the hospital", according to Gore.

Just checking in. Has anyone been arrested yet? Tick tock tick tock

No arrests. However, we're approaching the 2 year statute of limitations. In my opinion, the parties involved will soon begin filing their civil suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay