The Croslin & Cummings families, what's going on?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm just a little confused. Why is it such a big deal if Misty, Haleigh, Jr, Tommy and his kids were at the trailer at 5 pm? So what? What bearing does that have on her later disappearance? Nobody is claiming she disappeared before 5pm, as far as I know, so what difference does it make in the big scheme of things?

The only one other than the key saying Haleigh was alive at 7 has an agenda to protect Ronald, thats the mega prob in this case. Cops say they dont know what time the crime occurred and Ron being at work means nothing.

I guess I'm just a little confused. Why is it such a big deal if Misty, Haleigh, Jr, Tommy and his kids were at the trailer at 5 pm? So what? What bearing does that have on her later disappearance? Nobody is claiming she disappeared before 5pm, as far as I know, so what difference does it make in the big scheme of things?

I'm sorry you are confused, but in reference to myself the story about Tommy being there does make a difference when it comes down to the big scheme of things.
IMO..Haleigh was never abducted and is not missing.. I fully realize Haleigh's mother and her mother's family may believe she is missing but in all reality she isn't.. Haleigh's father, and his family know what happened to Haleigh and they also know where her remains are located too...
IMO..Misty and Ron had never reconciled their differences on Sunday or Monday as TN would like for us to believe...
I suspect when Teresa Neves asked Misty to babysit the kids on February 9, 2009 and Misty agreed to do so IF it was ok with Ron C, TN never cleared that agreement with Ron C...
I strongly suspect Ron C didn't know Misty and/or Chelsea were going to pick up Haleigh that afternoon when she got off that school bus..I also suspect when he found out Misty and/ or Chelsea picked up Haleigh and drove off in the opposite direction of the MH on Green Lane he went looking for Misty and Haleigh...
I suspect he drove straight to the Shell Harbor area where Misty's parent's lived...
I also suspect all HELL broke loose when he caught up with Misty too, and Haleigh paid the ultimate price due to her father's uncontrolable rage...
Truth be known, I suspect that incident occurred not too long after she got off that school bus..
So to me it does make a big difference as to whether or not Tommy was there at the MH with Misty and Haleigh that afternoon like Misty claims he was ..
I say Misty's story of Tommy being there at the MH that afternoon never happened and was only told for the sole purpose to deflect from what had really happened on Magnolia Street where Hank Sr. and Lisa lived...
BTW... IMO.. GGMS claiming she saw Haleigh alive and well that night eating dinner on a cold front porch sometime at dark thirty is also a CROCK..
JMHO

ETA.. In reference to the significance of your 5:00 pm time frame, i suspect Haleigh may very well have been deceased by 5:00 pm on February 9, 2009

At first it was Tommy at the mh with Misty & kids plus A/C guy for a bit. I recall just last year it came out and don't know if it's the truth or not that Tommy, Lindsey and the kids ate dinner with Misty at the mobile home (202 Green Lane address). That came up later about Lindsey being there...So who was at the Green Lane address that night? Any inside Cobiabanks? Who was at 202 Green Lane the night Haleigh disappeared? thx.

IMO that is just the way Ron and family talk.
Meant nothing about 'knowing HaLeigh was dead'. <shrug>
Different dialect for different areas. No biggie to me, but I don't take things as literal as some might.
I believe Ron is not a suspect for obvious reasons.

So what is it about their dialect that makes them mistake past tense for present tense and say "I would give my life for my child's life back?" even though the child is alive? Not buying the dialect excuse, sorry. I believe the people in this region understand the difference.

Anything that helps pin down the timeline and Haleigh's location is important IMO. Was Haleigh abducted at night? Was she killed at Green Lane at some point of the night? Was she killed at Magnolia or somewhere else? No one of the adults can be relied on to tell the truth but if the children could reliably place a living Haleigh at home that evening it would help. Alternatively, if the children couldn't confirm they saw Haleigh alive and well that evening at Green Lane it would give another direction to the investigation because someone lied that she was there and there must be a reason why.

So what is it about their dialect that makes them mistake past tense for present tense and say "I would give my life for my child's life back?" even though the child is alive? Not buying the dialect excuse, sorry. I believe the people in this region understand the difference.

Ron is not the first nor will he be the last parent, with a missing child, to use past tense when talking about the child.
Means nothing.

There is a time line.
That, to me, means LE's investigation found the crime happened between the stated hours.
Why would they give a time line when 'they don't know'? Makes not one iota of sense.

Wouldn't LE say something like 'between Sunday night and Tuesday morning' instead of narrowing the time line down to so few hours?

Ron is not the first nor will he be the last parent, with a missing child, to use past tense when talking about the child.
Means nothing.

It does when it happens during the first few hours and is combined with other suspect behavior. Those parents are frequently found to know more than they're saying.

There is a time line.
That, to me, means LE's investigation found the crime happened between the stated hours.
Why would they give a time line when 'they don't know'? Makes not one iota of sense.

Wouldn't LE say something like 'between Sunday night and Tuesday morning' instead of narrowing the time line down to so few hours?

Well of course LE knows something. They know, for example, if she was seen at school and at the school bus, because there were multiple independent witnesses, some of whom probably are sober, honest and respectable. It would rule out her having vanished Sunday night, and they also know that she wasn't at her home after 3 am when she was reported missing because LE were there and didn't see her, so whatever happened to misplace her from her home happened prior to Tuesday morning.

Beyond that it is (was? I hope so) less clear because people were lying and changing their stories and not cooperating with the investigation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Just to follow up on that, Captain, quite often in other criminal cases, let`s say when a woman is murdered, usually immediately police look at the significant other, the husband or boyfriend.

And then as his alibi is verified and they find out yes, he was spotted at work at the time, and that person is formally excluded as a suspect, that`s what I`m talking about.

Obviously, for example, Ron`s alibi was that he was at work. And that`s firm, right?

SHAULAND: That`s correct. That is his alibi and he was at work. We were able to check that. However, again we don`t know what happened to Haleigh and we don`t when it happened.

So we`re in the process of interviewing and re-interviewing. And a lot of times this gets confused with questioning. Many times we just have new information that comes in as a part of the leads. And we then have to reaffirm it or affirm it or find out that it is a false lead.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html

I personally think it is a matter of opinion twisted with WHO you believe to be telling the truth. JMO, I think it is important to know in establishing the time line. Which LE has partially done. IF, Misty is saying Tommy was over there at 5pm with his kids, and all the kids were playing together, that established that HaLeigh was alive at that time, IF you believe Misty's story. Tommy hasn't comfirmed nor denied being there. The A/C guy was suppose to be there at the time, and the whole purpose of the kids playing outside was b/c the A/C guy was working inside. Misty also makes mention that she handed the phone to Ron to talk to the A/C guy, now, it becomes important b/c Ron is suppose to be at work. So, did Misty mispeak when saying she handed the phone to Ron to talk to the A/C guy? or was Ron really there? It all depends on the WHO you believe to be telling the truth. Not to mention that LE wanted to know what happened in the WEEKS leading up to HaLeigh's disappearence. that is how the whole gun fight was brought up, but again, you have people saying it happened, and you have the people who the others say were involved, denying it. So, IMO, it is very important to know who was at the MH that day/night, and even weeks prior, to be able to pinpoint who the perps may be. :) JMO and all that jazz

And Ron also told the Pastor, who probably didn't understand Ron because of his "dialect" and said Ron told him he worked 8 hours, some want that forgotten and covered up and want to blame the man of God for probably making a talking error, but the Minister who talked to Ron and went on tv said 8 hours so that would be 7pm, so there was plenty of time for something to happen to her before work.

I personally think it is a matter of opinion twisted with WHO you believe to be telling the truth. JMO, I think it is important to know in establishing the time line. Which LE has partially done. IF, Misty is saying Tommy was over there at 5pm with his kids, and all the kids were playing together, that established that HaLeigh was alive at that time, IF you believe Misty's story. Tommy hasn't comfirmed nor denied being there. The A/C guy was suppose to be there at the time, and the whole purpose of the kids playing outside was b/c the A/C guy was working inside. Misty also makes mention that she handed the phone to Ron to talk to the A/C guy, now, it becomes important b/c Ron is suppose to be at work. So, did Misty mispeak when saying she handed the phone to Ron to talk to the A/C guy? or was Ron really there? It all depends on the WHO you believe to be telling the truth. Not to mention that LE wanted to know what happened in the WEEKS leading up to HaLeigh's disappearence. that is how the whole gun fight was brought up, but again, you have people saying it happened, and you have the people who the others say were involved, denying it. So, IMO, it is very important to know who was at the MH that day/night, and even weeks prior, to be able to pinpoint who the perps may be. :) JMO and all that jazz

bbm, jmo, that was Misty speak. She said she called Ronald to tell him the AC guy was there, he said yeah, and then she gave the phone to Ronald to talk to the AC guy. I think she gave the phone to AC guy to talk to Ron is what she meant JMO

It does when it happens during the first few hours and is combined with other suspect behavior. Those parents are frequently found to know more than they're saying.

Well of course LE knows something. They know, for example, if she was seen at school and at the school bus, because there were multiple independent witnesses, some of whom probably are sober, honest and respectable. It would rule out her having vanished Sunday night, and they also know that she wasn't at her home after 3 am when she was reported missing because LE were there and didn't see her, so whatever happened to misplace her from her home happened prior to Tuesday morning.

Beyond that it is (was? I hope so) less clear because people were lying and changing their stories and not cooperating with the investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/27/ijvm.01.html

The point is we do know.
HaLeigh, according to LE, was last seen after 7-8 PM by her GGM and was gone when LE arrived (as you point out) at 3:30 ish AM.
That's why this is the time line.

Choose to believe it or not. It is what it is. <shrug>

The point is we do know.
HaLeigh, according to LE, was last seen after 7-8 PM by her GGM and was gone when LE arrived (as you point out) at 3:30 ish AM.

Right, and LE confirmed Ron picked HaLeigh up at the bus. All things leading to LE's timeline imo.

Right, and LE confirmed Ron picked HaLeigh up at the bus. All things leading to LE's timeline imo.

The only thing established with that "fact" is that it shows Ron was alone at some point with a missing child, which is not a positive thing. And now hes in Prison. Same time as someone labeled a suspect.

bbm, jmo, that was Misty speak. She said she called Ronald to tell him the AC guy was there, he said yeah, and then she gave the phone to Ronald to talk to the AC guy. I think she gave the phone to AC guy to talk to Ron is what she meant JMO

Is there a class in "Misty speak"? Seems strange that anyone even thinks they can say when Misty meant.

And how does anyone know that Misty was even telling the truth? Did Ron ever say that he even talked to the AC guy either from work or from his house?

The point is we do know.

Yes, that was what it is -- the only report of her being seen was by her GGM who has changed -- added the story including the time more than once -- so it's nothing. Doesn't matter if LE believes her, they apparently haven't solved the case.

LE was at the bus stop? That's the only way they could be sure Ron picked up HaLeigh when others have said otherwise.

Schauland stated Ron C picked up Haleigh because he got that information from Ron C and his mother...Not credilbe IMHO..
Same with GGMS claiming she saw Haleigh eating dinner that night..Not credible..
In reference to the A/C man, my understanding is he is a close personal friend of one of Ron C's closest relatives IYKWIM, and IMO not a credible witness either..
Let me add.. The person who told MG Haleigh was outside playing that day was not a neighbor... It was TN who told MG a neighbor said they saw Haleigh that day playing outside...IMO Not a credible story..

Until a credible witness comes forward, identifies themselves and verifies they saw Haleigh that afternoon playing with Tommy's children, I'm not believing Tommy was there with his children or that Haleigh was doing wheelies on her bike, that just so happened to have training wheels on it...
I'm not believing GGMS saw Haleigh either like she claims she did..Not only has she changed the time she was there three or four different times, she also changed her story..IIRC.. Her first story was she just happened to drive by and wave..Now just how convenient was that considering the main road is some distance from where the MH on Green Lane was located? Makes no sense...JMHO..

LE was at the bus stop? That's the only way they could be sure Ron picked up HaLeigh when others have said otherwise.

I disagree. This is LE we are talking about, I am sure they were able to verify who picked Ron up, and that's why they stated it was Ron. Of course they don't have to have been at the bus stop to verify who picked HaLeigh up. Police verify information without being present all the time IME.

JMO

Is there a class in "Misty speak"? Seems strange that anyone even thinks they can say when Misty meant.

And how does anyone know that Misty was even telling the truth? Did Ron ever say that he even talked to the AC guy either from work or from his house?

Not sure what you mean. Logically IMO Misty couldn't call Ron and tell him the AC man was there, and then hand Ron the phone to talk to the AC man. I did state JMO, unfortunately that's pretty much all we have, our opinions, and our thoughts.

bbm, I didn't comment on whether what she said was true or not, I was commenting on the post that said she stated she handed the phone to Ron, the comment prior was also relevant, IMO, so I posted it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi