The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 1m

Girl: She checked on me when she went to bed. Officer: How do you know she checked on you again? Girl: Cause she told me she would.

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 4m

Police iv shown to #badenclay jury: "Why did you get worried?" Daughter 2:"Because she hasn't come home for a long time." Daughter sobbing.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Officer: Tell us about mum and dad. Girl: They work at Century 21. They sell houses. #badenclay

Why does one need to wear shoes to do the ironing? Why was it even discussed? Was the iron downstairs?

Officer: Describe mum and dad's relationship to us. Are they good friends? Girl: Yes. (Crying) cause they never fight. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 34s

Officer asks about Gerard's health. Girl: He was sick last night but now he's better. How do you know? Girl: Because he told me. #badenclay

The mind is open - very. I'd think the jury may be having a few doubts if they had any preconceptions at all?

I note that the girls weren't asked (at least as far as we know) if they heard anything the night before? I also note that these interviews were done only the day after Allison went missing, weren't they? Before she was found?

Wow, that early? And no questions of any disturbance through the night. But how could anyone ask a small child that? They don't want to get daddy into trouble. jmo

4:17pm: A taped recording of a police interview with the Baden-Clays' second daughter is now being played for the court.

The little girl was in tears as she spoke of her missing mother to two detectives from the Child Protection Investigation Unit at Indooroopilly police station about 4pm on April 20, 2012.

She said her mother sang Away in a Manger as she tucked her into bed the previous night.

Mr Baden-Clay wiped tears from his eyes as he watched the video recording from the dock in the court.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-2-week-1-20140611-39wcd.html#ixzz34JDJAID0

Thinking of Allison's parents & friends. This must be heartbreaking for them to hear their grandchildren's interviews :(

I really hope QPS are deliberately starting off extremely weak and then will gradually start to bring out some damning evidence and turn up the heat a little.

I know it's only day 2 out of a possible 4 weeks trial, but at the moment nothing really shows the more sinister side of this whole case.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 43s

Girl says her dad was watching TV with her mum after she went to bed. She said she knows that because he told her that's what he was doing.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 39s

Dad went round the school cause that's where Mummy normally walks. She says her Auntie went to the "old people's centre" to look.

Anyone else having a few doubts?

Yep, seen a few cases fall flat at trial stage, this is looking shaky to me so far, in particular the no cause of death / Allison changes from PJ's to walking clothes prior to being discovered etc .. so far the circumstantial case isn't looking super strong, and I am unsure if the forensics will be any better.

Why does one need to wear shoes to do the ironing? Why was it even discussed? Was the iron downstairs?

I think she said that her dad was coming up from downstairs - so perhaps he put shoes on to go down under the house or into the garage? Don't know what he was doing down there.

This case for the prosecution seems very strange, I have to say.

Some tissue and some areas of the body decompose more quickly than other areas. The face is one such area, mainly because it is actually not very "deep" - it overlies the bones of the facial skeleton very closely. Another area where that occurs is on the front of the shin, overlying the tibia - and could explain the defect found there in the autopsy. It could have been simply the skin and tissues "tearing" away from the underlying bone.

The face exhibits similar characteristics - there is a fat pad overlying the cheek area beside the mouth in most people, but apart from that, there's not a lot of other tissue apart from a thin layer of muscles that are responsible for facial expression.

And of course, if the body was lying in a position where the high tide partially covered some parts of it, then those parts would have been decomposing in an accelerated fashion, too.

So, from the position she was found to be in, it is conceivable that at least one of her legs, and perhaps her face too, could have been partially submerged on the high tides - which is why Nathan Milne wanted to get her up and away from her resting position a.s.a.p. as the high tide was approaching. That was stated in court, as well as in the autopsy report.

Hope that makes sense....

Also, the fact that there are multiple mucous membranes on the face (mouth, nose, eyes) that make insect activity more prevalent in the face.

Also, insects are attracted to any open wounds, making decomposition more pronounced. So, the fact that her face was severely decomposed may indicate injuries to the soft tissue of the face.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s

Officer: Did your mum and dad have a fight last night? Girl: No. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday2

He has a scratch because of his old shaver thing. He scraped himself with his old shaver thing. This morning. You could see it. #badenclay

Girl: We asked him. (It was) just a bit red. Officer: Did daddy have that on his face when he went to bed last night. Girl: No. #badenclay

It's certainly possible to "coach" a child; much harder to have two singing from the same songbook. The picture the girls' answers paint is not of a house in turmoil nor one filled with nightly screaming matches. Day 2 goes to the defence.

Brad Ryan ‏@BradRy 4m

V tough for everyone watching taped i/views w Allison #BadenClay's devastated daughters. Recorded the day Gerard reported her missing.

Officer: Describe mum and dad's relationship to us. Are they good friends? Girl: Yes. (Crying) cause they never fight. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 34s

Officer asks about Gerard's health. Girl: He was sick last night but now he's better. How do you know? Girl: Because he told me. #badenclay

Sorry?? What is this???

Anyone else having a few doubts?

Yes plenty. Don't know why but words like "coaxed" and "debriefing" keep floating by me.
Plus many inconsistencies.
Plus the poor dear innocent children. Heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubbles—