The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly possible to "coach" a child; much harder to have two singing from the same songbook. The picture the girls' answers paint is not of a house in turmoil nor one filled with nightly screaming matches. Day 2 goes to the defence.

no turmoil means that Gerard, who told TOni he was going to do this tonight, didn't have enough guts to tell Alison that she wasn't to go to the conference, because Toni said she wasn't to go, so.. he murdered her, instead..

Day 2. to the prosecution.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou

Girl: He had foam on his face and then he went out and washed it off and when he came back, he had a little scratch on his face. #badenclay

Officer: Is it daddy who normally wakes you up in the morning? Girl: Yes.

Officer: Does he normally come into your room with foam on his face? Girl: No. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday2

The officers tell the girl there are lots of police out looking for her mum and they are trying very hard to find her. #badenclay

4pm: The girl said she couldn’t remember whether her dad was dressed in work clothes or still in his pyjamas when she woke up.

She said her mum was wearing a jacket and a jumper when she last saw her.

``What we all would have thought is she would have tripped and her phone would have been dead because she’s always running out of battery, and she would have tripped except she couldn’t get up…,’’ she said.

The girl said things had been happy at home.

``Maybe a month ago, but if they do fight its only little arguments that go for a couple of seconds and then they stop,’’ the girl said to the police about her parent’s relationship.

She said her mum usually took her phone with her when she walked.

``She would usually be back by the time I would usually be up, except I woke up earlier than usual that day,’’ she said.

The girl said her family home was ``quite small but big enough’’.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226950152264

no turmoil means that Gerard, who told TOni he was going to do this tonight, didn't have enough guts to tell Alison that she wasn't to go to the conference, because Toni said she wasn't to go, so.. he murdered her, instead..

Day 2. to the prosecution.

That's certainly plausible, Trooper, but if they are the dots the prosecution want us to join, they need to be more explicit about it in my opinion.

In image #36 of the bridge railing I see a black folder/book and a box of gloves. To me they definitely look blue not white.

There are two types of gloves commonly used. The pale, almost white ones, and the blue ones (Latex-free). People tend to use what fits them best. I have big hands and have difficulty getting the blue ones on (both types are available where I work - I'm not talking about sterile gloves in the operating theatre here, just ones to do messy stuff with). So I prefer the pale-coloured ones.

I suspect the Scene of Crime teams would have both available too. Don't know that for sure, but it would be reasonable assumption unless we hear otherwise.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 29s

The little girl has cried throughout the interview. A lot of people in the public gallery are in tears watching. #badenclay

Officer: You've been really brave, we know it's really, really hard talking to us today.

I dont understand the point of Swalwell and Christ being called as witnesses ? Are they for defence ?

Just catching up for the day. A couple of questions have been asked about the order of witnesses. This is a murder trial so the obvious place to start the prosecutions case is with the body and the circumstances of finding and retrieving it then the autopsy and cause of death. The jury then have this info right at the start and the pictures they have seen are to show the realism of what happened to Allison's body after she died. They then carry these images and info with them throughout the trial. Makes them focus on the reason they are there.

The next witnesses are people who saw and spoke to Allison on the Thursday to show there appeared nothing unusual and particularly that Allison did not appear suicidal. She was planning on helping out on the Mother's Day stall, she had her hair done for a conference and she had meetings at work to make future plans. Some of these same witnesses knew about the TM affair so they were questioned about that at the same time as you only want to question witnesses once so there was some overlap with these witnesses.

Then the children and their take on what happened to their mum. We did not know until now that they were interviewed at the police station on the Friday afternoon, presumably with their father's permission. It doesn't sound like they know anything other than what their father told them. There may be contradictions later when the children were interviewed after their father's arrest, we will have to wait and see.

So the prosecution are following a timeline now from the morning of the Thursday. I'd say Olivia and NBC will be up soon as they were on the scene early Friday. Then we may hear about witnesses that heard or saw things on the Thursday night/ early Friday morning.

Then once all the immediate timeline witnesses are done we will hear from witnesses about the state of the finances, business, insurances and affairs, particularly the evidence from Toni. The prosecution are painting a picture and it will become clearer to the jury as it goes forward.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 30s

Video has finished and court has been adjourned until tomorrow. #badenclay

Thank god for that............I've got a headache!!!

What beautifully spoken children, I doubt you would have got that much information from mine at such young ages and at a time of distress.

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 4m

Police iv shown to #badenclay jury: "Why did you get worried?" Daughter 2:"Because she hasn't come home for a long time." Daughter sobbing.

That bit not coaxed.
The true words of an innocent.

Hard to believe a 10 yr old would pick up that Dad was 'keeping calm for them' without him telling them exactly that... its a very subtle ambience and not an obvious one to children getting ready for school, a missing mum, Auntie and Pop at the door, etc..

Just catching up for the day. A couple of questions have been asked about the order of witnesses. This is a murder trial so the obvious place to start the prosecutions case is with the body and the circumstances of finding and retrieving it then the autopsy and cause of death. The jury then have this info right at the start and the pictures they have seen are to show the realism of what happened to Allison's body after she died. They then carry these images and info with them throughout the trial. Makes them focus on the reason they are there.

The next witnesses are people who saw and spoke to Allison on the Thursday to show there appeared nothing unusual and particularly that Allison did not appear suicidal. She was planning on helping out on the Mother's Day stall, she had her hair done for a conference and she had meetings at work to make future plans. Some of these same witnesses knew about the TM affair so they were questioned about that at the same time as you only want to question witnesses once so there was some overlap with these witnesses.

Then the children and their take on what happened to their mum. We did not know until now that they were interviewed at the police station on the Friday afternoon, presumably with their father's permission. It doesn't sound like they know anything other than what their father told them. There may be contradictions later when the children were interviewed after their father's arrest, we will have to wait and see.

So the prosecution are following a time time now from the morning of the Thursday. I'd say Olivia and NBC will be up soon as they were on the scene early Friday. Then we may hear about witnesses that heard or saw things on the Thursday night/ early Friday morning.

Then once all the immediate timeline witnesses are done we will hear from witnesses about the state of the finances, business, insurances and affairs, particularly the evidence from Toni. The prosecution are painting a picture and it will become clearer to the jury as it goes forward.

...and to us
Thanks for explaining, Alioop

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou

Girl: He had foam on his face and then he went out and washed it off and when he came back, he had a little scratch on his face. #badenclay

Officer: Is it daddy who normally wakes you up in the morning? Girl: Yes.

Officer: Does he normally come into your room with foam on his face? Girl: No. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday2

The officers tell the girl there are lots of police out looking for her mum and they are trying very hard to find her. #badenclay

Now, THIS is sounding much more suss. No-one wanders around the house while shaving with a razor and foam. He wanted the girls to make the shaving connection BEFORE they saw the cuts. How on earth does such clear thinking immediately follow an act of madness?

Thanks Ali - glad it all makes sense to you. It all seemed just a bit random and directionless to me - but that's possibly because we're relying only on what gets tweeted out of the courtroom.

Appreciate your legal brain's take on it :)

It's certainly possible to "coach" a child; much harder to have two singing from the same songbook. The picture the girls' answers paint is not of a house in turmoil nor one filled with nightly screaming matches. Day 2 goes to the defence.

The alternative is ABC left the household and committed suicide or murdered by persons unknown? :twocents: :no:

Arrived home just now and still catching up with today's events. Thank you so much to all the posters today. Brilliant work. I am in absolute tears. Those poor little children.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with the updates...fantastic job!!

sunflower_on_blue_thank_you_postcard-raa48e395bc6a4c4694ce584d41c8e51e_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

There are two types of gloves commonly used. The pale, almost white ones, and the blue ones (Latex-free). People tend to use what fits them best. I have big hands and have difficulty getting the blue ones on (both types are available where I work - I'm not talking about sterile gloves in the operating theatre here, just ones to do messy stuff with). So I prefer the pale-coloured ones.

I suspect the Scene of Crime teams would have both available too. Don't know that for sure, but it would be reasonable assumption unless we hear otherwise.

Thanks Doc

Was not looking forward to the childrens part in this trial.
And here we are on Day 2.

I feel so gutted for them - no little girl should have to go through this pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members