The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 43s

Girl says her dad was watching TV with her mum after she went to bed. She said she knows that because he told her that's what he was doing.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 39s

Dad went round the school cause that's where Mummy normally walks. She says her Auntie went to the "old people's centre" to look.

BBM.

The complete and utter trust these little girls have in their father just breaks my heart. So innocent and believing of everything their father tells them.

And GBC has the audacity to sit in the dock sobbing! I have to sit on my hands now so that I can't type what I want to say! :banghead:

what the prosecution has ,or is in the process of doing, is establishing a crime was committed... a woman sings a lullaby to her child in bed.. she tells another child she will check in on her later.. she is relaxed and discussing future plans with her friends, she is happy with her hairdo, she has arrangements to keep in the morning, she has a quick dinner with a friend, she is moving forward in her life, despite serious trouble in the marriage.. she is working her way thru the business, she is relaxing on the couch in her pyjamas..

then gone.. never seen alive again. found 12 days later , 14 klms from home half buried in mud under a bridge..

and before she even goes missing, her insurance policy is enquired about.

and while she is missing, her husband continues his arrangement with his woman friend.. ......but under another name..

and before her body is indentified, the husband claims on the insurance.

what the prosecution has ,or is in the process of doing, is establishing a crime was committed... a woman sings a lullaby to her child in bed.. she tells another child she will check in on her later.. she is relaxed and discussing future plans with her friends, she is happy with her hairdo, she has arrangements to keep in the morning, she has a quick dinner with a friend, she is moving forward in her life, despite serious trouble in the marriage.. she is working her way thru the business, she is relaxing on the couch in her pyjamas..

then gone.. never seen alive again. found 12 days later , 14 klms from home half buried in mud under a bridge..

Absolutely agree with all you've said Trooper!

Prosecution is putting all the pieces of the puzzle together...one by one.

Now, THIS is sounding much more suss. No-one wanders around the house while shaving with a razor and foam. He wanted the girls to make the shaving connection BEFORE they saw the cuts. How on earth does such clear thinking immediately follow an act of madness?

I agree, this little snippet is a gem. There will be a lot more said about the razor, and that it wasn't an "old" razor as GBC supposedly explained to his kids. That little old cut that he covered with a bandaid will shock the jury when they eventually are shown photos of it. He downplayed the extent of it to the girls but the jury will see that it was extensive and not likely caused by a razor. Wife goes missing and that very morning he horrifically scrapes his face several times.

Don't worry, there is a lot to this case and the jury have to be led through it all for the first time. It will come together.

Whilst her husband, wearing pyjamas and shoes does the ironing late at night.

(Haven't got to the bit yet, where size 10.5 mud covered shoes were found in his bedroom cupboard during search.)

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s

Officer: Did your mum and dad have a fight last night? Girl: No. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday2

He has a scratch because of his old shaver thing. He scraped himself with his old shaver thing. This morning. You could see it. #badenclay

Girl: We asked him. (It was) just a bit red. Officer: Did daddy have that on his face when he went to bed last night. Girl: No. #badenclay

But didn't daddy go to bed after his daughters? So how would they know if he had those scratches or not?

These interviews commenced at 4:00pm on 20 April 2012. That is the day GBC reported Allison missing. The girls had spent some time in school and from memory GBC collected them early. There was very little time for coaxing or de-briefing them IMO. I do believe that they know a whole lot more but are too afraid to say because it may get daddy into trouble.

Yep, this is weird because they all had sausages for dinner at the grandies and went home. Maybe he passed on the sausages and said he wasn't feeling well?

Maybe, GBC this special night had much to do with running upstairs/downstairs and explained the restlessness with "not being well" - for his daughters which could have had heard the running or unusual noises???
A gurgeling sound from Allison one could explain with GBC vomitting???

IT is day two of the trial of former Brookfield real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay, 43, who stands accused of murdering his wife Allison Baden-Clay, 43, on April 19, 2012.

4.30pm: The jury was played an interview with another of the Baden-Clay children, recorded at the Indooroopilly Police Station on Friday, April 20, 2012.

The girl, aged eight, told the police she was speaking to them because her mother was missing.

``I saw her last night,’’ she said.

``In my room. She was saying goodnight to me,’’ she said.

The girl burst into tears and rubbed her eyes with her hands at the table in the interview room.

Baden-Clay dabbed his eyes with a tissue in the prisoner’s dock.

“She sings a song to me… ,” the girl said through tears.

She said she went to bed after 7pm and her mum was with her in the room for about 10 minutes.

“And then she came to check on me after five minutes,” she said.

The girl said she had dinner at her grandmother’s the night before and was picked up by her father. She said her mother opened the door when they arrived back home.

“I did some homework and she helped me. Then we went to bed,” she said.

She said she woke up and her father came in to her bedroom.

“He didn’t know where mummy was but he thought she went for a walk. We woke up and had breakfast and then we got worried so my granddad came over and he stayed with us and my dad went out to look for her and my Auntie…,” she said.

The girl said she went to school and then to her grandmother’s house. She said they got worried because her mother had not come home.

The girl said her mother checked on her again before she went to bed but the clock didn’t tell the right time.

``She told me she would,’’ she said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...his-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226950152264

I'm assuming GBC's fellow inmates have access to news media. Wonder what the mood around him would be like when he returns 'home' each afternoon? I don't imagine it would be all that peachy in there tonight.

Absolutely heart-wrenching. When you break it down, really, far more crimes have been committed here. Murder & Interfering with Corpse are just 'criminal ones' we have on paper. Each & every crushed heart & life derailed is worthy of a life sentence alone IMO.

Sending strength to those souls who need it.

MOO

I'll be very interested now to see any variation in the girls' testimony after Allison was found (if there are any) and presumably after further BC debriefing sessions. If debriefing of the children (and perhaps other witnesses) was obvious enough to keep him in jail and refuse bail, then I'd like to see what the discrepancies were and if or if not they point to a man desperate to cover his tracks.

I can't wait till NBC takes the stand. Definitely interested in what he has to say about the iPh face time call from his son at 12.30am on Friday, April 20. It's alleged the call lasted 1 min 23 sec, so short and sweet.
I'm pretty sure it will be explained away, some business matter came to mind, thought he'd ring dad, run it by him. meh. :aktion1: jmo

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou
The girl says if her mum had tripped, they would have found her by now, so she doesn't really know where she could be. #badenclay

Officer: Things been happy at home lately? Girl: Yep. She says arguments are really tiny, go for a couple of seconds and then stop.

Methinks this little one's answers are just too good. Police Officer asks an open question and the little girl's reply volunteers two key matters i.e. parental 'arguments' and 'the duration of parental arguments'. Interesting IMO.

Absolutely agree with all you've said Trooper!

Prosecution is putting all the pieces of the puzzle together...one by one.

I certainly hope that is the case ladies because I felt like I'd stepped into some kind of twilight world today while reading about day 2 of this trial. It was as though everything was moving in slow motion and the evidence was evaporating into a puddle in front of my eyes.

But didn't daddy go to bed after his daughters? So how would they know if he had those scratches or not?

These interviews commenced at 4:00pm on 20 April 2012. That is the day GBC reported Allison missing. The girls had spent some time in school and from memory GBC collected them early. There was very little time for coaxing or de-briefing them IMO. I do believe that they know a whole lot more but are too afraid to say because it may get daddy into trouble.

"There was very little time for coaxing or de-briefing?" Auntie Olivia took them to school, and was gone quite some time. An hour or so from memory. Plenty of time and opportunity there to "explain" important things. Ten to fifteen minutes should be sufficient.

A refresher on the scratches....

zk4x8j.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-20/baden-clay-committal-expected-to-wrap-up-today/4583648

Methinks this little one's answers are just too good. Police Officer asks an open question and the little girl's reply volunteers two key matters i.e. parental 'arguments' and 'the duration of parental arguments'. Interesting IMO.

Wow you are so right!! I didn't pick up on that. Since when does a child equate being happy with mum and dad fighting or not? This was never even suggested.

Thinking of Allison's parents & friends. This must be heartbreaking for them to hear their grandchildren's interviews :(

This......and having little girls' last recollections of their living mum played out to the world. Heartbreaking

The little daughter cried while saying "good frienship between parents because they are never fighting".
I think, that proves COACHING. Otherwise the poor girl had NOT to suffer like that at such a question. IMO

Mrs Christ said Allison told her they had just picked up her sister-in-law Olivia, visiting from Townsville, from the hospital after she had suffered a bad headache.

She said her brother-in-law Adam had a new son and she was excited to be an auntie again.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/gerard-baden-clays-wife-lover-apart/2285637/

also from the link above

Fingernail experts are expected to give evidence to say scratches on Gerard Baden-Clay's face the day he reported his wife missing are consistent with fingernail scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3