The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 55s

Gerard then explained he had been asked by police to come in to document his injuries - Dr Beavan #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 55s

Dr Beaven says Gerard told her he'd been asked by police to come in and have his injuries documented. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday6

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 36s

Dr Beaven says she felt Gerard was in a rush to get on with the consultation. She says he seemed anxious. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 40s

Dr Beavan: He seemed composed but was anxious and in a rush to get on with things #badenclay

Didnt GBC say to one Dr he saw that police told him to get a Dr report?
Or am I dreaming that?

Text copied from bail hearing docs...

On the morning of Saturday, 21 April 2012, the defendant attended a doctor at a Kenmore Medical Practice. At this time the defendant told the treating medical practitioner that he had been requested by police to attend the doctor and to have his injuries documented. He further requested a copy of his notes, stating that he would give them to police. Police did not request the defendant to do this and were unaware at that stage that the defendant had seen a medical practitioner. Later that day, the defendant attended a second medical practice in Taringa and again had his injuries documented. Medical opinion is that the marks to the defendant's face are unusual and unlikely to have been caused by shaving.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048041&postcount=3"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*[/ame]

Didnt GBC say to one Dr he saw that police told him to get a Dr report?
Or am I dreaming that?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 58s
Gerard then explained he had been asked by police to come in to document his injuries - Dr Beavan #badenclay

There it is .. but hadn't they already documented those injuries?

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 49s

Dr Beaven says #badenclay appeared "reasonably composed but I could tell he was anxious and a little bit on edge" @NewsTalk4BC

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s

Dr Beavan: Towards the end of the consultation Dr Beavan told Gerard she was considering a move #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 37s

Dr Beaven says he was friendly at the end, handed her business card and offered to help find her a house. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday6

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 44s

A GP who examined marks on #badenclay 's face says he was composed but also anxious, on edge. @9NewsBrisbane

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 29s

GP tells #badenclay trial Gerard handed her a business card, said she should get in touch re property sales. @7NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s

Gerard offered her his business card and said he might be able to help with the move - Dr Beavan #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday6

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s

Dr Beaven says Gerard told her during the consultation his wife was missing. #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 1m

Dr Beaven: during polite small talk #badenclay handed her a business card and said he might be able to help her w/property @NewsTalk4BC

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 26s

Dr Beavan hesitates, says it's possible but not what she recalls #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 41s

Defence suggests Gerard was at doctors on instruction from his lawyer, not police. "That's not what I recall," Dr Beaven says. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 54s

Defence suggests Gerard told her his lawyer wanted injuries documented, not police #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 58s

That consult with the GP took place the morning after Allison #badenclay was reported missing. @7NewsBrisbane

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1m

Court hears #badenclay handed business card to GP who examined marks on face, said he could help her with a house. @9NewsBrisbane

So wouldn't the obvious thing to do when in the consulting room with a doctor be to ask her what you should be doing for your own stress and worry about your wife, and what advice did she have re the girls?

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 32s

Dr Beaven has been excused. #badenclay

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 47s

Dr Candice Beaven who examined GBC's face says he gave her his bus card and said he cld help her find place closer to wk.@abcnews #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Dr Beaven says the marks on Gerard's face could be similar to marks caused by a "shave biopsy". #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 29s

GP tells #badenclay trial Gerard handed her a business card, said she should get in touch re property sales. @7NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s

Gerard offered her his business card and said he might be able to help with the move - Dr Beavan #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday6

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 48s

Dr Beaven says Gerard told her during the consultation his wife was missing. #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 1m

Dr Beaven: during polite small talk #badenclay handed her a business card and said he might be able to help her w/property @NewsTalk4BC

No doubt about him is there? Business card handout whilst wife missing! Always the opportunist!!!!

12:47pm: Dr Beaven saw Mr Baden-Clay about 8.30am on April 21, 2012, when he asked her to examine the injuries to his face.

"At least three times during the consultation [he said] that he had cut himself with a blunt razor, that he was shaving, and he was in a rush," Dr Beaven said.

She said she asked Mr Baden-Clay whether he had noticed himself bleeding while shaving.

"He said he couldn't be sure and that he was in a rush and mustn't have noticed," Dr Beaven said.

"Other than that he just continued to reiterate that the marks were caused by a blunt razor because he was in a rush.

"I asked him why he hadn't noticed [the cuts] ... because the marks were a reasonable distance apart ... [and I asked him] how many motions he thought he had sustained these injuries in.

"Initially he said one motion and then said it must have been a couple. He said he mustn't have noticed because he was rushing."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-6-week-2-20140618-3ackc.html#ixzz34xHxfv8H

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s

Dr Beavan: Towards the end of the consultation Dr Beavan told Gerard she was considering a move #badenclay

Dr Beaven says he was friendly at the end, handed her business card and offered to help find her a house. #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday6

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 44s

A GP who examined marks on #badenclay 's face says he was composed but also anxious, on edge. @9NewsBrisbane

I thought MrsG was joking. lol

He went to the doctor about the fingernail scratches? :floorlaugh:

The Doc might have taken aback that G was more concerned about his face than some counselling regarding his missing wife. He was so upset about Allison that he couldn't function properly .......? Help me please Doc. Nope, cool as a cucumber.

Plainclothes Senior Constable Cameron Simmons has been recalled. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s

Correction, it's Dr Beaven, not Beavan #badenclay

I agree with this Minerva - I'm behind so sorry if this has been said, but do you think his initial reaction was to try to set up the walk story and being abducted by a random stranger, but perhaps when he lawyered up and as time went on he decided it would be better to play the depression/suicide angle?

I think he was initially going for the random attack story but the lawyers are muddying the water with the depression angle in order to create enough reasonable doubt to get him off.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 32s

Cameron Simmons back on the stand, talking about Allison's phone #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members