The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 31s

We're now hearing from Dr Candice Beaven, a GP from Kenmore Clinics. #badenclay

I'd have loved to see someone with the motivation to try to prove it is possible, try to make razor marks that look like fingernail marks with G's razor on a face.

The only time I've ever had a razor leave something similar to what's on Gerard's face was when shaving right over my shin bone and that part of my leg is very very hard because of the shin bone being right underneath...... The smaller redder abrasions looks like he has tried to make shaving nicks after those original "scratches" were made to his face. Makes sense as she said the yellow abrasions were older than the smaller red ones.

It would be very hard to make those marks on a softer part of skin with no bone directly underneath it, especially with a razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s

Dr Beaven is a GP at Kenmore Clinics who had a consultation with Gerard on Saturday April 21 #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 42s

Dr Beavan says Gerard wanted her to look at the injuries on his face #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 31s

Gerard #badenclay was again asked about scratches on face, says he hasn't bought razor blades for six months and was rushing @NewsTalk4BC

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s

Says he hasn't bought new razor blades for a long time, explaining exactly how he shaves #badenclay

Are old razors likely to cause large cuts like that?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s

Dr Beaven says there were three superficial vertical abrasions to his right cheek, they looked recent. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Dr Beavan says the wounds broke the top layer of the skin but didn't require further treatment #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 36s

Court now hearing from GP Dr Candice Beaven, examined Gerard #badenclay on 21104/12 830am, scratches looked recent @NewsTalk4BC

He went to the doctor about the fingernail scratches? :floorlaugh:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 31s

Dr Beaven says Gerard told her at least three times during the consultation that he'd cut himself with a blunt razor. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s

Dr Beavan says Gerard stated at least three times the marks were from a blunt razor, he had been in a rush shaving #badenclay

Are old razors likely to cause large cuts like that?

Not imo.

It sort of jagged too, like the twisting of hand and fingers nails trying to take hold, usually shaving is done in one swipe.

If it wasn't unusual the why call the police in a panic at 7-15 am.

It just does not make sense !

He would have been better off not calling police and going about his day.
I wonder if it is his controlling personality that made him want to control what happens not let things unwind naturally.

Very good point wwgy! If it isn't unusual why the panic? Very true re wanting to control how it all unfolded. Must have thrown him completely when all the police turned up in such quick succession. He probably thought they would just log his first report and he could get on with his day (and tie up some loose ends) and they would check in later.

Didnt GBC say to one Dr he saw that police told him to get a Dr report?
Or am I dreaming that?

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 58s

Dr Beavan says because there were three marks she asked him if he noticed himself bleeding, he couldn't be sure #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s

Dr Beavan asked how many motions to get the marks, initially he said one then said must have been a couple #badenclay http://bit.ly/badenclayday6

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Gerard told the doctor he'd done them in one motion. When she questioned him, he said maybe more than one motion. #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 1m

Dr Beaven says at least 3x during consultation #badenclay said cuts were from old razor @NewsTalk4BC

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 49s

Dr Beaven says Gerard told her he was in a rush and might not have noticed he was cutting himself. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 51s

Initially Gerard just said he wanted Dr Beavan to look at injuries, but it became apparent there was no treatment #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 1m

A GP now telling #badenclay trial Gerard reiterated 'many times' the marks on his face caused by razor during a consult. @7NewsBrisbane

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 1m

Dr Beaven asked #badenclay if he noticed himself bleeding when shaving, said he was in a rush and mustn't have @NewsTalk4BC

i feel he was preparing for this as soon as the girls went to bed, pyjamas on with shoes!? what was he doing? and he had all night to make the beds and stage and tidy the house, probably already had the tea cups and saucers out! he wouldnt have been able to sleep, his adrenalin would be in overdrive!

Yes.

I'd like to know what happened to the clothes he had been wearing.

By the look of his injuries he should have had a torn/stretched shirt, with his (+?hers) blood stains at least.

IIRC, there was some mention of police finding muddy runners in a wardrobe, but I don't recall any follow up on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine