Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 45s

Dr Stark says Allison's nails would have been long enough to make the scratches. She's seen pictures of them. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 35s

Dr Stark asked about the likelihood the scratches could have been caused by a razor #badenclay

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 43s

Dr Stark says it's possible the injuries could have been caused by the fingernails of the deceased @NewsTalk4BC #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 51s

The court is being shown a photograph of Gerard's razor, seized by police. #badenclay

That's what I thought too.

Unless it was usually more cluttered......I don't know.

The kitchen looked to me like someone had done a thorough cleanup. In fact when I first saw it looked like Ms. Dickie might have, when she went to get it ready for the children to return :( but now it sounds like some one else. If investigators smelled bleach, etc. it wouldn't have been Allison. She was into the natural products.. I also noticed an upright vacuum in the MB closet. Hope it's bag was checked. imo

Just a brief comment.
Firstly, I noticed that both Olivia and Gerard used the exact phrase: "don't want to be alarmist". 1) Gerard to emergency and police; 2) Olivia stated that her mother said this to her upon waking her up that morning.

Second, it's coincidental IMO that Allison's phone was identified in the neighbour's backyard after Olivia had been out and about that morning. It wasn't ringing earlier when they checked, then later it is located in the neighbour's backyard and it rings. Gerard had not left the house. NBC was out front with vacumn cleaner, etc. Interesting.

Also, both Olivia and GBC also felt it important to emphasize that Allison didn't drive, which appeared to be collusion between them. Because we later learn Allison did drive the children to school etc.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 50s

Dr Stark says she has seen injuries sustained by razor blades and Gerard's injuries are "not typical" of that. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 57s

Dr Stark says in her experience the injuries are typical of fingernail injuries. They're not typical of a razor blade injury #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 56s

Dr Stark says marks on face are not typical of a razor blade injury. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Dr Stark says it's not an exact science. She can only say what's likely. #badenclay

Couldn't GBC shaving over the top of the fingernail scratches cause a secondary type of injury, so when drs looked, it appeared like separate injuries? jmo Hope that makes sense. *scratches head*

Jamie McKinnell ‏@jamie86 36s

Dr Stark says injury from razor blades usually results in a finer abrasion "a nick to the skin" @NewsTalk4BC #badenclay

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 58s

Forensic expert says #badenclay 's cuts "not typical of razorblade injury. But you can't exclude it completely." @7NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 28s

Dr Stark says Gerard's injuries are "not trypical" of razor blade, wrong width and you wouldn't keep going after initial cut. #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 38s

Dr Stark says injuries to face of #badenclay are not typical of a razor blade, even if blunt. But can't exclude it 100% @abcnews

Ebony Cavallaro ‏@ebonycavallaro 47s

Forensic physician tells court marks on Gerard #badenclay's face not typical of injury with razor blade @9NewsBrisbane

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 56s

Dr Stark says the scratches are wider, are in three distinct areas, are just not typical of a razor blade injury #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 27s

Dr Stark says there are some smaller marks on Gerard's face that are more consistent with being from a razor #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 41s

Dr Stark says the smaller injuries, she believes were caused later, are consistent with razor cut. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Dr Stark says Gerard's injuries are "not trypical" of razor blade, wrong width and you wouldn't keep going after initial cut. #badenclay

Exactly, spot on. :loveyou:

APN Newsdesk ‏@APNNewsdesk 45s

Gerard Baden-Clay told police he wanted them to ramp up the search for his wife. #badenclay #court #qld http://ow.ly/y9WOB

Rae Wilson ‏@RaeWilson78 46s

Gerard Baden-Clay told police he wanted them to ramp up the search for his wife. #badenclay #court #qld http://ow.ly/y9WME

12:20pm: Dr Stark also examined photographs of Mrs Baden-Clay's fingernails.

Crown prosecutor Danny Boyle asked Dr Stark whether Mrs Baden-Clay's fingernails could have caused the injuries to Mr Baden-Clay's face.

"Yes, it's possible they could have been caused by those nails, yes," she said.

Mr Byole then asked Dr Stark whether the injuries could have been caused by a razor.

"In my experience the abrasions on the face are typical of a fingernail injury ... they are not typical of a razor-blade injury ... rather than the finer abrasions you get with a razor even if it is blunt ... " Dr Stark replied.

"They're just not typical of injuries with a razor blade ...

"But that's as far as you can go, you can't exclude it."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-6-week-2-20140618-3ackc.html#ixzz34xBA3kSQ

This is great .. really damning .. playing devils advocate here: Gerrid would have been better off saying that he and Allison had fought the night before then she slept on the couch after calling him a jerk, then he assumes she went out for a run without telling him either and was in a bad mood etc etc etc .. oh well .. too late now.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 33s

Defence now questioning Dr Stark #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 37s

Dr Stark says someone who'd nicked themselves shaving would probably stop. #badenclay @abcnews

Katrina Blowers ‏@katrinablowers 45s

Forensic expert says wider abrasions typical of fingernails, smaller ones are more typical of razor injury. #badenclay @7NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 59s

Dr Stark is being cross examined by the defence. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 34s

Dr Stark says Gerard's injuries are "not typical" of razor blade cuts, wrong width and you wouldn't keep going after initial cut. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 35s

Michael Byrne QC says to cut to the chase, Dr Stark can't say the marks are caused by fingernails. She agrees #badenclay

I think the seminar was pivotal to what transpired that night. Toni had given Gerard an ultimatum that she didn't want Allison to attend. Gerard, too, would have been concerned that if the two met they might confront each other at the conference. He must have attempted to talk Alison into not attending. This would have rung warning bells with Allison that he was still in contact with Toni and the affair was not over as he had promised. This fresh humiliation would have been the trigger for an altercation that ultimately ended in her death.

I agree 100%. I think GBC was probably scared if he said nothing, Toni would explode and confront Allison. Her temper has been well-documented in statements.

I also imagine that Allison would have been thinking that they were working on improving their marriage what with the visit to the counsellor only days earlier, so imagine the shock, anger and hurt she would've hurt when GBC told her not to go to he conference. Ugh it makes me feel sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turtle1973