The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 18th June - Trial Day 6, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I noticed... He also wore a work tie to Allison's funeral! It's the same yellow/black check tie featured in photos such as... a mustard-jacketed Awards Night with ABC, meeting PM Rudd & day of caterpillar attack (cross country)/eve of Allison's disappearance. Bwana was wearing the same uniform tie in his profile pic of C21 website.

IMO I'm surprised they didn't push for advertising space in funeral service booklets. :twocents:

GBC certainly seems like a one trick pony. Dad trained him well. :p jmo

where are you guys getting your info from, its a closed court isn't it?

No, it's not a closed court. Info is coming from journalists live tweeting from the court. Just search on twitter the hashtag #badenclay

where are you guys getting your info from, its a closed court isn't it?

No, Criminal trials in Australia are always open courts. In fact the only court not open to public is the Family Law court of Australia or the Federal Magistrates' Court, when exercising Family Law jurisdiction.

No, Criminal trials in Australia are always open courts. In fact the only court not open to public is the Family Law court of Australia or the Federal Magistrates' Court, when exercising Family Law jurisdiction.

That's good to know, thank you. :)

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 7m
Officer says he doesn't want to alarm him but has to call in detectives from the CIB #badenclay

:floorlaugh:

Not trying to alarm you, but we think you're FOS and are calling in CIB :D

Love this!!!!:floorlaugh:

Does anyone else think it is strange that GBC didn't ring his in laws before the police. They may have talked to her and knew where she was. I know my husband has rung my parents before, looking for me, when my phone is flat or I have left it at home.

While we're still on nail scratches, something else I've been thinking about (and apologies in advance for disturbing autopsy details...)

The autopsy said A's fingernails on right hand had fallen off and were found loose inside the jumper sleeve, but not those on left. Why?

Obviously it's from decomposition, but why only that side? Going back to what we know about injured tissue decomposing faster than normal...

Were the (R) hand nails pulled loose a bit and the nail bed damaged by scratching hard earlier? (just like when you catch a long nail and it bends back and rips the tissue under the nail, +/- bleeding?)

Does anyone else think it is strange that GBC didn't ring his in laws before the police. They may have talked to her and knew where she was. I know my husband has rung my parents before, looking for me, when my phone is flat or I have left it at home.

YEP!! Even Scott Peterson rang the in-laws first!

Has it been verified if he called the lady Allison was going to the conference with to check if she had heard from Allison?

The black eye mask and i phone for dummies book taken as evidence with the muddy boots sound interesting.
I wonder if Allison slept in an eye mask?

Yes.

I'd like to know what happened to the clothes he had been wearing.

By the look of his injuries he should have had a torn/stretched shirt, with his (+?hers) blood stains at least.

IIRC, there was some mention of police finding muddy runners in a wardrobe, but I don't recall any follow up on this

Yes, I am wondering about these muddy runners - cant recall, over all this time, of reading anything about the soil being analysed for matching with their yard and the Kholo area. Surely it should have been done?

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

"I am Vice President of the P and C," Gerard tells the officers. #badenclay

Who gives a FF Gered?!? Your wife is missing, who cares whether yr on the P&C or not?!? Even when he's faking being a caring community member/citizen, he's stuffing it up!

While we're still on nail scratches, something else I've been thinking about (and apologies in advance for disturbing autopsy details...)

The autopsy said A's fingernails on right hand had fallen off and were found loose inside the jumper sleeve, but not those on left. Why?

Obviously it's from decomposition, but why only that side? Going back to what we know about injured tissue decomposing faster than normal...

Were the (R) hand nails pulled loose a bit and the nail bed damaged by scratching hard earlier? (just like when you catch a long nail and it bends back and rips the tissue under the nail, +/- bleeding?)

I tend to agree, because your hair and nails actually keep growing for awhile after you have passed away, so nail beds and hair roots are rather sophisticated things ...

Has it been verified if he called the lady Allison was going to the conference with to check if she had heard from Allison?

The lady called Gerard to find out where Allison was and why she hadn't arrived to meet her yet.

The lady called Gerard to find out where Allison was and why she hadn't arrived to meet her yet.

If Kate still went to the conference, then TM would have seen her there solo and/or late and known exactly why Allison wasn't there. Another reason the breathless phone call at the lunchtime break was bollocks. She thought her luck was in and he'd 'walked', and she wanted to get in straight away.
IMOO

I think some intrigue is coming ... Why makeup and moisturisers?
Sen-Constable Simmons said he found a journal that belonged to Allison Baden-Clay.

He said it was on the right-hand side of the bed, under the bedside table and on top of a stack of books.

He said he returned to the Baden-Clay home and searched the bathroom of the house to look at make-up and moisturisers on May 13, 2012.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/day-6-gerard-badenclay-on-trial-accused-of-murdering-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226957998156

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine