The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 19th June - Trial Day 7, Week 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people did Allison tell about Gerard's affair and about the state of their marriage? It seems to me that she only told counsellors or doctors and maybe one or two friends??? She wanted to save her marriage and she didn't want others thinking ill or her husband or the state of her family?? It seems to me that she was confidential and loyal? But was this also because she felt it was her fault? She was taking the blame for the failings of herself and her husband. Deep down she knew he was not treating her well but it was important to her to save everyone's face. This is such a sad sad event. How many other "normal" marriages are out there in this same state?.......but in the end did she give up on "saving" Gerard's face and let those nails rip????? I wonder if he knew about her diary? I am sure he would have been getting rid of it had he realised what it was going to reveal!

Just a random observation...

I think GBC thought he'd planned the perfect murder, and that he would get away with it, fool everyone and live happily ever after...

...and then Allison's nails raked him down his cheek, and he knew in that moment that he was screwed.

Stuck.

Stop what he was doing to her, she goes to the police, he gets arrested, intervention order, the girls are taken from him, Allison walks away with half of what little they have. Bankruptcy. Assault/attempted murder charges, guaranteed. Public humiliation. Can't do it.

Or

Complete the job. Hide the body. Hope like hell she isn't found. Cheating but innocent husband was always going to be a hard sell, but he thought he could pull it off. Never thought he'd have physical injuries he'd have to explain. Going through the motions for weeks, waiting for the axe to fall. Tell Toni to move on, knows he's done for.

He'd crossed the point of no return when Allison branded him and he had no choice but to continue, but he must have known from that moment that his perfect murder was a pipe dream.

Just a random observation...

I think GBC thought he'd planned the perfect murder, and that he would get away with it, fool everyone and live happily ever after...

...and then Allison's nails raked him down his cheek, and he knew in that moment that he was screwed.

Stuck.

Stop what he was doing to her, she goes to the police, he gets arrested, intervention order, the girls are taken from him, Allison walks away with half of what little they have. Bankruptcy. Assault/attempted murder charges, guaranteed. Public humiliation. Can't do it.

Or

Complete the job. Hide the body. Hope like hell she isn't found. Cheating but innocent husband was always going to be a hard sell, but he thought he could pull it off. Never thought he'd have physical injuries he'd have to explain. Going through the motions for weeks, waiting for the axe to fall. Tell Toni to move on, knows he's done for.

He'd crossed the point of no return when Allison branded him and he had no choice but to continue, but he must have known from that moment that his perfect murder was a pipe dream.

still don't think it was premeditated . really believe it was a domestic that went terribly wrong and he panicked , called nbc re what to do , that genius came up with klolo creek idea and helped gbc and thought it was over , thanks Al , it was like branding a cow , she left a strong message , god bless her

A very good post and yes I agree - live within your means - neither are happy now nor were they very happy then but if Allison had left him she would probably be happy now and her girls would certainly be much happier now

Were they facing eviction from their home?

Hi Consider :)

That's possible - I also wonder if the hose and vacuum weren't used in any cleanup - just NBC taking them to act like things were normal - it was still early - he didn't want to "alarm" anyone

Do we know if it was a vacuum hose or garden hose?

does the trial continue today or is it a lay day ?????

Olivia, Olivia; I think I get her comment now - she thinks this is all just ridiculous, she can't believe what her brother has done calling 000, telling the kids something so ridiculous, (Is that OK? - she's a mum and she knows it's not & she can't tell GBC off & she's hoping the police will) being there herself (away from her family and sorting out his at this hour of the day) when she thinks Allison is just off walking too long somewhere different today and will walk in the door any minute. Cleaning up their house, making their kids beds and breakfast, getting cups and saucers out (like EBC would) for company/police. She's had enough. JMO

But she'd been in hospital with a migraine and Allison picked her up; so really she owes her one...
And maybe her head still hurts too. (?)

You know what .... This makes perfect sense !
OW just gets in and starts getting done what needs to be done. She had been unwell, she was up early to do the Skype call, she was on her way back to bed when mumma BC told her the news that GBC had called with.

why on earth isn't the blood and hair being given the importance it deserves

probably a silly question.....what happens if GBC gets off.
is he compensated by the government........do they get any sort of money
payment?

Does anyone know if Allison was wearing shoes when they found her?

I think that would be quite important - no shoes if she was in bed, runners if she was out walking, slippers if she was at home?

Does anyone know if Allison was wearing shoes when they found her?

I think that would be quite important - no shoes if she was in bed, runners if she was out walking, slippers if she was at home?

She was wearing Lynx brand, size 9, joggers. Both laces were done up, but interestingly, as soon as the shoes were being removed (wouldn't have needed to be untied), the left shoelace came partially undone on its own. She was also wearing white socks.

I wonder if the shoelace coming partially undone on its own was due to them having been put on by another person and just not tied properly?

probably a silly question.....what happens if GBC gets off.
is he compensated by the government........do they get any sort of money
payment?

perish the thought olli oh no :scared::jail::please:

Hi Beechworth - see my post on the previous page. The whole sertraline dosage and levels thing was discussed at great length way back, and the information that was put together here was actually given to the prosecution. It was used at the second bail hearing, and presented by Dr Rob Hoskins, the same forensic pathologist who gave evidence at the trial yesterday about the scratches.

Marly may be able to find references to that discussion - she is a search genius

Hi DrWatson,

Wow that is awesome to hear. Very impressive that the information that was put together here was actually given to the prosecution and used!

Thanks for this revision and please excuse my ignorance of this information, I'm a newby to posting and have only recently been reading the threads again since the trial began.

Very interesting indeed!

You know .. all this business about 'family name' and Allison and Gerard wanting a boy and all this nonsense as if they are some kind of noble family is such utter and complete rubbish .. they were BARELY middle class .. actually in reality they were sliding down fast .. they couldn't afford the school their girls went to, Gerard who was in the industry but hadn't even bought them a family home .. they were in the hole financially and things were getting worse .. it was all a complete illusion .. but it was just so important to them .. sorry, but really?? Talk about appearances over reality. Honestly .. does it even really matter, is it so important to appear to have some kind of social success when in reality your life is a disaster?

How much did this need to 'keep up appearances' play into this tragedy .. I'd suggest a fair bit, is it why Allison didn't speak the truth of her marriage .. was she in denial, or did she know the truth, but didn't know how to tell others, or did she want to keep up appearances herself? Did Gerard go from zero to murder in one night, or had he been physically abusing her for years? What amount of emotional abuse (beyond humiliating her with numerous affairs) went on? How many secrets was Allison keeping, and what stopped her from reaching out for help to the people in her life? When she reached out to a professional she was handed a packet of pills with no attempt to dig into the cause for her distress, as if there is some kind of agreement never to open up a can of worms which could pull down a charade, what a shame.

People looking in from the outside think the leafy middle class suburbs are just as perfect as they seem, but what a social disaster. How many women suffer in silence in order to maintain an illusion? Where do they go for help? Do they tell their friends that they've been trying to impress since high school that things are a disaster, do they go down to centerlink and start finding their way around the social welfare system to support themselves and their kids if they leave or get dumped for a younger woman, do they dust off unused degrees obtained decades ago and hope to find a job with no experience, if in physical danger do they reach out to a women's shelter if they need a safe place?

I guess what I am saying is that this sad need to appear to be living the dream can be incredibly dangerous once you put it above the truth .. Allison's instincts were SCREAMING at her, yet she still didn't leave or reach out, and Gerard was just as miserable .. wanting to leave, but not feeling like he could either and this whole thing has ended in tragedy.

Who really cares what car you drive, what suburb you live in, whether or not your picture perfect marriage turned out to be a joke, put your kids in public school if you can't afford the private one (it might save them from trying to fit an image that's all an illusion themselves one day) find a way, be happy, or at least be honest and safe.

:goodpost:

Fantastic post, Mrs G!! So, so true - and so well put.

Hi everyone :)

It's a long time since I've been here, but have just started following again over the last couple of weeks. I was almost dubious about returning as I became so totally consumed with this case back in 2012. I missed a lot of the hearings etc last year, so please forgive me if I ask questions which have been well covered.

Wow, it's so amazing to see so many familiar names still here! Great to see Allison has not been forgotten.

Hi Consider :)

That's possible - I also wonder if the hose and vacuum weren't used in any cleanup - just NBC taking them to act like things were normal - it was still early - he didn't want to "alarm" anyone
Hose ....... In the Police evidence photograph of the house, the hose could be seen hanging on the stairs (at the very bottom).
Vacuum cleaner ....... at the Trial the Police Forensic guy was questioned with regard to any blood being found to be present on the vacuum pipe (both metal and plastic areas). It was then told to the Court that no traces of blood were found.
I noted that the contents of the vacuum cleaner were not discussed at all!

Hi everyone :)

It's a long time since I've been here, but have just started following again over the last couple of weeks. I was almost dubious about returning as I became so totally consumed with this case back in 2012. I missed a lot of the hearings etc last year, so please forgive me if I ask questions which have been well covered.

Wow, it's so amazing to see so many familiar names still here! Great to see Allison has not been forgotten.

welcome back:loveyou:

Do we know if it was a vacuum hose or garden hose?

I thought both

does the trial continue today or is it a lay day ?????

I believe it's a lay day like last week and Monday GBC stays in the comfort of his new home while the jurors go to the bridge, Brookfield road and Boscombe road which interests me that Boscombe road has such significance. Allison's phone showed a signal from there, Mrs Apps and Scraps (dog) was from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine