The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 26th June - Trial Day 11, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People bleed when they get hurt. It doesn't always mean there is violence involved. I heard no theories from either side.

I feel like I'm in trouble now lol :angel:
It's great to get your perspective on it Oddsocks. We don,t all think the same which is a good thing, it helps to give balance.

Given that Byrne is supposedly a top drawer QC, and given that this apparently long-winded and highly detailed opening address would seem to be a silly move (jury still awake there?) and he's going to have to put GBC up there to say it all again, I can't help wondering if this is a strategic ploy? Narrate the whole GBC story himself, as he thinks HE can be more convincing to the jury than GBC can? And of course, Byrne can't be cross-examined, so what he puts out there - is out there.

Apart from seeing it as a deliberate strategy, I can't for the life of me understand why he is doing this .....

It might be akin to when Olivia gave her speech to the press at committal about Allison being her sister-in-law, and missing her. Trying to capture a bit of the love that the public feels for Allison by underlining her own association with her. The public love Allison for her femininity and fragility - Gerard has to love her more than the public, he has to be the font of Allison love, and in being so he may get some love from the public himself. But we want to know what happened on April 19. We need an explanation for a body of a good woman being found 10/11 days after that, dumped under a bridge. Gerard knowing her better than anyone, and being loved by her more than anyone does not repair this. He is a sociopath, I swear.

Strange how suddenly after the 19th April Gerard is no longer worried about Allison seeing calls to or from TMcH
He knew Allison wouldn't be checking his phone anymore.

I SOOOOO hope the prosecution does not miss this one!

Given that Byrne is supposedly a top drawer QC, and given that this apparently long-winded and highly detailed opening address would seem to be a silly move (jury still awake there?) and he's going to have to put GBC up there to say it all again, I can't help wondering if this is a strategic ploy? Narrate the whole GBC story himself, as he thinks HE can be more convincing to the jury than GBC can? And of course, Byrne can't be cross-examined, so what he puts out there - is out there.

Apart from seeing it as a deliberate strategy, I can't for the life of me understand why he is doing this .....

He is buying time maybe - but for what reason I have no clear idea.
Very little has been said about the focus of the case they are defending (as I see it) - he seems to be skirting around the edges.
Its like painting the landscape beautifully but not actually putting the Mona Lisa in the picture.

I agree - and it makes his client look incompetent in so much as that Byrne doesn't trust his client to tell his own story as well as he can.
Without it coming from the mouth of his client, it is not his clients testimony it is an account - and a very long winded one at that.

“He did not leave Allison, he’ll tell you he told her he wouldn’t leave Allison that he would not leave his young children.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226966924597

GBC told one of his mates about a new car for all the kids didnt he? Or am I confused.

yes indeedy.. He told Philip Broome that he might have to get a new car for his blended family.. him and Toni and the Baden-Clay-McKay-McHugh-Woods tackers, zipping up the freeway to Noosa, on a little jaunt , taking a break from his booming business....

Very little has been said about the focus of the case they are defending (as I see it) - he seems to be skirting around the edges.

Its like painting the landscape beautifully but not actually putting the Mona Lisa in the picture.

I agree - and it makes his client look incompetent in so much as that Byrne doesn't trust his client to tell his own story as well as he can.

Without it coming from the mouth of his client, it is not his clients testimony it is an account - and a very long winded one at that.

It's a long time till Monday, just sayin... I can't see GBC taking the stand this arvo, 3 more days of prep and coaching maybe?

yes indeedy.. He told Philip Broome that he might have to get a new car for his blended family.. him and Toni and the Baden-Clay-McKay-McHugh-Woods tackers, zipping up the freeway to Noosa, on a little jaunt , taking a break from his booming business....

Kind of sounds like the brady bunch...lol.

Unless GBC gives a shaving demonstration, there's no point in taking the stand.

On the other hand, it's awfully good of the defence to detail everything GBC will be lying... oops, testifying about.

Don't you see it? Gerard will be the Mona Lisa? It is a public relations trick. The jury have to think of Gerard and and transfer some of the victim outrage they have had for Allison back on to him. They have to see him as part of the beauty that was Allison.

It is a bit like seeing Prince Charles shed a tear over Diana - it changes the whole axis.

It's a long time till Monday, just sayin... I can't see GBC taking the stand this arvo, 3 more days of prep and coaching maybe?

I'm enjoying Mr Byrnes expose of the Life of Gerard... every now and then I collapse into snorts and giggles... its a Tale of Love Lost and Found.. .

so far..

Its when we get to the corpse in the creek bed, half buried in mud, exposed to wind and weather.. abandoned.... discarded.. that's when the rubber hits the road..

It's great to get your perspective on it Oddsocks. We don,t all think the same which is a good thing, it helps to give balance.

I agree but if you knocked yourself and bled in your car, you would clean it up. And you would probably tell your kids or other half about it.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 44s
Toxicologist will talk about serotonin syndrome, which can result in confusion, agitation and delirium #badenclay

smh :shakehead:

Was TMH taking Zoloft too? Could evidence about serotonin syndrome be part of a Throw Toni Under the Bus strategy? Just wondering ...

but how long can byrne ramble on for , spose he's doing a good job now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member