The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 2nd July - Trial Day 14, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lawyer can continue to act on their behalf (only if they wish) but they must not adduce any evidence that suggests that another person committed the crime. Essentially it is just making the prosecution prove their case.

Does that include suggesting the victim committed suicide? I've been wondering why the defence haven't suggested someone else killed Allison in a random accident or attack.

709993-e55aa010-01b9-11e4-8a13-c9890f82f8cd.jpg

Crown prosecutor Todd Fuller at the trial of Gerard Baden-Clay.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226975706423

Does that include suggesting the victim committed suicide? I've been wondering why the defence haven't suggested someone else killed Allison in a random accident or attack.

Bit reluctant to answer given the stage of this trial (mods feel free to snip my comment) but yes, it does extend to suggesting that a person took their own life. On this basis it is obvious that GBC has not made any admissions to his legal team. Again, feel free to modsnip.

July 02, 2014

He told Baden-Clay Gerard she had a minor injury, something that had caused her to bleed. He said when Gerard Baden-Clay put his wife's body in the back of her car, with the rear seats folded flat to form a boot, her blood had run down the side. "It wasn't enough to be noticed but enough to be found," Mr Fuller said.

"You transported her to Kholo Creek and then dumped her underneath the bridge unceremoniously.

"Anxious to get back to your children."

The suggestion that Baden-Clay Gerard had abandoned his three daughters appeared to upset him.

"The suggestion that I would leave my children for any time in the middle of the night is absurd, let alone to do the dastardly things that you're suggesting," Baden-Clay Gerard said. It was then, Mr Fuller said, that Gerard Baden-Clay began covering his tracks.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...field-queensland/story-fnii5v6w-1226975745902

Yuk eyes - dead eyes - no soul in them .......... one of his eyes is bigger than the other has anyone else noticed this........ Al's eyes are warm and open as in giving - his are dark and cold - his lips are really thin no fullness in them - mean cruel mouth (behind closed doors he would have been a monster) ........the pick pick at her would have been merciless ...

they are parasites NPD's suck the life right out of you.............. you are the host (Al) they are the parasite and just like one they feed of you off your goodness your light your soul and when theres nothing left and you are the shell of who you were they devalue you and discard you.....

I think he is just an ordinary looking guy that you probably wouldn't look twice at in the street. IMO the revulsion is no doubt coloured by what we have learned about him over the past couple of years - his performance in the past week just seals the repulsive deal. His cheesy promotional photos don't help, and nor does the fact that yellowy/mustard is just nobody's colour! I wonder if Century 21 has rethought that look, and if they have, did it have anything to do with the negative publicity GBC has attracted?

There is a C-21 agent in our town who looks just like him, yep mustard jacket, crew cut and pie faced. I can't help but feel sorry for him, he seems a humble bloke. Poor b*gger.

Sorry, but am too tired to go back over posts for today, but first up in court today was judge talking about note GBC gave to ballif to give to the jury. Ballif didn't and gave it to judge. GBC had done this without his lawyers knowing. His lawyers took him aside to 'discuss' then court resumed and jury was called back in. OMG, what was on that note??? Was it his business card??? Was it an invitation to a female juror to meet up??? Or did he simply tell them all that he loved them and it was business as usual.

That's not the same report of the reporter trying to contact a juror?
Narcissistic madness at its best.

Just cut the chase some us WSers will trot in on Monday & do the job for the boys!

it simply slays me, that he, Gerard, actually thought the Baliff was some sort of waiter, a sort of gofer for him.. what thought processes must he have to imagine that the BALIFF would PASS his note to the JURY ??

SNORT! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I finally made it onto here today... errr tonight... today...
Im so late in posting anything at all :facepalm:
What a day!

I just wanted to say a big thank-you to todays WS Re-Tweeter's
:tyou: :tyou: :tyou:
Great job!

Despite the disgusting and wicked things that we have heard about through this trial, I am sure that the girls will have had fun times with their Dad before this great tragedy.

I feel strongly that if there was confession and genuine and deep remorse from the alleged perpetrator of this crime, that would go a long way towards rebuilding relationships for the future and would help the girls in working through what has happened. At this point in time, sadly this scenario looks unlikely. Miracles do happen though.

Confession and genuine remorse will go a long way to restoring a man's soul....... without it people seem to become increasingly twisted. I am no expert.... this is just my observation from a distance of what seems to happen to people convicted of such crimes but continuing to deny that they did it. (I am sure that the scenario will be totally different for a truly innocent person wrongfully convicted). Confession and genuine remorse allows people to respond with forgiveness which helps the victims too.

One thing my beautiful parents taught me when we had foster siblings for many years was that no matter what wrong a parent had done to a child, they were still important to that child as they were part of who the child is and hence part of their identity. So, I was never to bag or put down these children's parents (even though I knew of the wrong they did). If my foster siblings asked questions about the wrong things I would answer gently as much as they asked and no more..... so I would be truthful. But whilst acknowledging that whatever action was wrong, I would still speak respectfully about them as a person and a parent. I think it boils down to hating the wrongful action of an individual but loving and respecting them as a person.

People who have made the biggest mistakes and done the most horrid of things can still have things that people love about them. I believe that in these situations children need to be given permission to still value, treasure and love the good things about a person that may have hurt them greatly. It is ok for them to remember the good times fondly. I think that if you completely crush a person important to a child because of a great wrong, like in the case we are following, you are also crushing the child. They have to know that their happy memories were real, true, good and valid experiences, even if the person then went on to do something horrid.

I do admit that in this case this will all take some careful navigating, lots of love and wise counselling. I also acknowledge that I am sure that children will go through all the stages of denial, rejection and so on, and so it will be a long road for them.

A very thoughtful post and ideal and beautiful sentiments and well-intended procedures indeed are in effect upon young victims of crime and endorse prolonged (years of) schedules of contact deemed as in the best interests of the child and incarcerated (or not) parent. Win-win.

I'm sure you'd agree there isn't a one fit solution for all scenarios.

A young victim's right to self-expression, feelings, respect and peace is paramount.

jmo

:floorlaugh:

I'm glad I'm not the only one bowled over

It's almost too much to take in, on top of all the other insanity he's subjected everyone to for the past weeks

Who's genius plan was it?

Defence must just want away from him asap

And imagine what it would have been like having to put up with him at Arthur Gorrie and having to pander to his nonsense

He's crazier than anyone thought

Capable of anything, imo

Is he trying to cause a mistrial himself ? if the bailiff had been dumb enough to give it to the jury would that cause a mistrial?

My impression was that one of Fuller's main goals was to demonstrate for the jury the nasty side of GBC and how easily it could be brought out, to show them that this person was capable of the crime.

Prior to that there was a chance they could fall for his sooky-la-la act and think - ok the guy's a twit and terrible bore, but is he capable of murder?

YES, YES and YES

Allison is so beautiful. Such a waste of a beautiful soul.

She is a natural beauty for sure - I think that every time I see any of her photos. Equally beautiful with or without makeup and hair done. I have thought that fact would have been quite intimidating for someone in the "other woman" position. I hope Allison knew this (that she was beautiful, not the other woman bit) - no matter how often GBC made her feel otherwise.

No, he was the real deal

The word most used, even today, re: the mother, is 'satanic'. True. For years, people believed she was possessed. But the exorcism failed and the exorcist nearly died afterwards and went into seclusion

These days, people have to rely on AVOs to protect themselves and loved-ones against her

That's beyond my lifetime experience.

Sorry to make light of what I don't fully understand. I'm glad everyone's doing better today.

A very thoughtful post and ideal and beautiful sentiments and well-intended procedures indeed are in effect upon young victims of crime and endorse prolonged (years of) schedules of contact deemed as in the best interests of the child and incarcerated (or not) parent. Win-win.

I'm sure you'd agree there isn't a one fit solution for all scenarios.

A young victim's right to self-expression, feelings, respect and peace is paramount.

jmo

Consider, you are so right that there is no one fit solution for victims in these situations. So true about the young victim's right to respect, feelings etc.

My heart goes out to these precious girls and the many others effected by this great tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member