The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tweets on twitter are dying down. Have they got baden fatigue?

His testimony sure doesn't match up with Toni's, that's for sure.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 49s
She wouldn't take her Zoloft anymore, it became awkward, she didn't communicate with me - Gerard #badenclay

Did he ever stop and think maybe she was reacting to his interaction within the marriage? This seems to be all one big blame game that Allison and her moods were responsible for all the problems in their marriage. If only she could just pull herself together, everything would be alright, that her 'problems' made him search elsewhere. What happened to personal responability? It takes two people to make a marriage work (or any relationship). No matter what Allisons issues may or may not have been. HE chose to look outside the marriage, rather than take a different path(like support her or work through things). HE chose to interact with Allison in the manner he did and he also brought to the marriage what he did- in terms of the part he played in all of it. (He had checked out emotionally and Physically and I am sure Allison could sense things even if she was not aware of the affairs.)

No, you didn't misunderstand. You're spot on.

:eek:hwow:

Well that's UNBELIEVABLE!! That's a total mockery of the wife!!

That's disgusting!!!:banghead:

It's also super indicative of a man with NO love for his partner IMO. A load of pap he's babbling on with now - his tears are all for himself.

The only responsibility he's evidently ever felt is towards satisfying his own schlong!!!:tantrum:

BRING IT ON!!!:jail:

bbm. I'm sorry because I know most of you will know this already (but I didn't!!:blushing:) - but can I just confirm that this means he was having sex with his mistress regularly in his wife's car???!!

Or have I misunderstood that? TIA :seeya:

Yes, sounds like it.

Assuming that was when he was still driving the Lexus, then he traded that in for a lease on the other 4wd that Allison then drove, because she now refused to drive Snowy

1:00pm: "Whilst I was trying to distance myself, because of her [Ms McHugh's] volatile personality - that [is] sort of expressed a little bit here - ummm, in my weakness I tended to roll over and say whatever she wanted to hear and I think this is an indication here of that fact that she understood that I really did love Allison and I did want to commit to her and the girls and I wasn't going to be doing that with her," Mr Baden-Clay said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz365VR8c2u

Are you <Bjsnip> kidding me?

David Murray &#8207;@TheMurrayD 47s
Gerard says anything could be a trigger for Allison's depression, she would have flashbacks #badenclay

Flashbacks of what? I am not a psychologist, but I thought 'flashbacks' are usually associated with a particular trauma, not generalized depression?

Cucumber sandwich anyone??

cucumber-sandwich.jpg

If my memory serves me, Toni was released, when she stepped down from the box.

Would be very nice if she was recalled to refute (by necessity, of course).

"I think at that time the affair was in some sort of hiatus and we got back together because of the sake of the business."

"She said she was never going to go back to work again so I didn't need to tell her she wasn't able to anyway."

"So that when she wasn't out in public presenting that calm facade and looking after the children, she would, collapse is too strong a word, but once she was at home, often at home with (the youngest daughter) she would just collapse on the couch.

"Like with all of my staff I tried to assist them and counsel them if I could with any of the issues.

"We became a bit closer through that process.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/baden-clay-trial-draws-dawn-crowd-lining-seat/2303897/

If he was such an awesome man why didn't he make the effort. It's a know fact that antidepressants can affect your libidos. A little more effort and romance and time makes all the difference instead of finding it elsewhere. Just saying

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to be crude but doesnt he have two hands.

Flashbacks of what? I am not a psychologist, but I thought 'flashbacks' are usually associated with a particular trauma, not generalized depression?

Yup!! You indeed don't have to be a psych to know that. Flashbacks my a$$!! That's PTSD.

He may have wanted to sort out his lies properly before he began blathering away. :facepalm:

To me it sounds like Allison was happy to have either a boy or a girl.
I think her husband is the one who wanted a boy.

QUOTE=drsleuth;10677032]Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Gerard says they went for a scan to find out sex of the baby. Allison did not want to know, but Gerard found out it was a girl.

Gerard says he was "quite relieved" because he knew about having girls. But he was worried about Allison. #badenclay[/QUOTE]

There is no time limit except they may run out of the days allocated in which case there would be a break and the rest heard at a later date when more court time and lawyers are available. None of the lawyers would want this so I think they will make an effort to wrap it up in the allotted time.

The rate at which Gerard is taking to get to the dates in question- they just may well run out of time. I am only half way though todays posts now and really thinking about skipping a few pages to catch up as its just dragging on and on and on...

I mean how does this serve a purpose to this trial?

I don't know. I can only assume that this long-winded testimony suits the defence strategy. I was interested to see if he was less verbose today because I would have then concluded that he got a lecture about waffling.

This is the first case I have ever followed so all of it is new to me. Perhaps that's why I am slower to make up my mind.

I am waiting to see where he is taking us. I just cannot for the life of me work out how he is going to testify his way out of this but I'm willing to sit back and listen.

In the end, either verdict is a disaster for the family.

1:00pm: "Whilst I was trying to distance myself, because of her [Ms McHugh's] volatile personality - that [is] sort of expressed a little bit here - ummm, in my weakness I tended to roll over and say whatever she wanted to hear and I think this is an indication here of that fact that she understood that I really did love Allison and I did want to commit to her and the girls and I wasn't going to be doing that with her," Mr Baden-Clay said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz365VR8c2u

Toni writes: "Sick of being second best and having to take the back seat"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:eek:hwow:

Well that's UNBELIEVABLE!! That's a total mockery of the wife!!

That's disgusting!!!:banghead:

It's also super indicative of a man with NO love for his partner IMO. A load of pap he's babbling on with now - his tears are all for himself.

The only responsibility he's evidently ever felt is towards satisfying his own schlong!!!:tantrum:

BRING IT ON!!!:jail:

And... keep that car rather than the other one. Why? To torture Allison or so he could relive the thrill and glory of his "trysts"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme