The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He objected to the 15 minute questioning from Allison and just wanted to move forward. It took the counsellor some time to convince him. Did he just tell Ms Richie and Allison what they wanted to hear in that regard too? It made him angry that it couldn't be swept under the carpet.

it made him nervous, too, because the affair was still ongoing, and he was turning himself inside out telling everyone it was over, finished, forget it, move on, shutup, look at moi, be quiet, snap out of it ,... the part about him still in contact with GG was his deep secret...

It's difficult reading this quietly while I work away in a call centre. All I want to do is yell and scream, and even have a little bit of a cry. Every word I read makes me feel sick. He is a disgusting, self-centered human being. I hope he is seen for what he really is by the jury. I really, truly hope.

Playing catch up again here.

I'd love to lay money on the fact that the reason Allison needed at the very least a nap so early in the afternoon (a questionable claim of his at best, though I can relate to sweating on a partner coming in the door so I could go and have a snooze after dealing with a baby and toddler on my own all day) was because she was the one getting up and down to children during the night. I can't recall any mention of middle of the night feeds/changes or similar?? I can vouch for how upset and resentful that can make a sleepless mum who has to listen to her partner snore away through all the night's ups and downs. And no sex at home for GBC?.... Poor diddums! Please!! He had to bath and feed his own children for a while and felt put out and neglected because he wasn't getting enough attention at home? :mad: :banghead:

I also have a theory that his whining tone of voice evolved rapidly after the birth of his children, when he discovered he wasn't the centre of poor Allison's universe any longer!

Sorry for the rant - the continual references to what I believe were highly understandable feelings of depression on Allison's part are really making my blood boil. Becoming a mum and finding out how unexpectedly difficult it can be is a reality for an awful lot of women - I can relate to everything I have read about Allison's post partum behaviour and moods etc.The big difference is that she was also dealing with HIM and his dodgy behaviour.
This reminded me of my boss. He said he'd pull up in the driveway, his wife would hand him the kids and she'd jump in the car and take off for 20 minutes. He wasn't criticising, he said that twenty minutes was hard enough for him so he couldn't imagine doing it all day.

If Alioop is reading the thread, is there any way the prosecution can recall Toni to the witness box at all? After the cross-examination or during? For any reason? If she volunteers new information to the police, for example?

Just thinking of the old "woman scorned" bit, as she listens or reads what GBC is saying about her....

Doc, I dont think there is any need for the jury to hear again from Toni. She has been excused and I don't think the prosecution will want to seek to reopen its case.

Also - I just found myself digging through the phone records again:

18 Apr 2012 11: 59 am Text msg Allison to GBC
'Having fun with your companion? Hope you're not putting any seats down in the back of Snowy ?

reply from GBC 12:19 pm
'I'm sorry that you feel this way. You have nothing lo be concerned about. Feel free to call or text me any time. Love, G'.

Not happy, G

Well that sure indicates Allison was aware of the rekindled affair.

I see nothing out of the ordinary for a husband to come home at 5 and help with the 5 pm bewitching hour as it is usually called. It's the hardest time of the day. After all he then went back to work so Allison would have been the only adult there to deal with the kids if they woke up. My husband used to do this too though hopefully he was going back to work to actually do work!

Not Zoloft. It takes from two to four weeks for it to work properly. Also, it has to be gradually increased to the right amount and grafually decreased when you want to stop taking it. I took Zoloft for over five years and I took myself off of it without my Doctor knowing and went back into depression.

That is my experience, also. It takes at least two weeks to start working. I can see xanax being prm for anything the zoloft can't even out.

At this point I want to mention Allison's thyroid condition. It is actually mentioned in her postmortem, and in her wedding photos she appears to have an overactive thyroid, her eyes are very open and she is very thin. I wonder if Allison had a bit of a bumpy ride with her thyroid during her pregnancies and postpartum that was overlooked?
It makes no difference really, as husbands DO HAVE TO STEP UP AND HELP with babies and toddlers - but I did see it on the postmortem.

Toni was struggling, she didn’t like what she was doing, she reported to me on one of those occasions that she’d had an anxiety attack when she was at work and passed out in the toilets there and I was obviously concerned about her,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he met Ms McHugh on a couple of occasions and at least twice, they had sex.

He said the last time he saw Ms McHugh would have been in March, 2012.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

Well that sure indicates Allison was aware of the rekindled affair.

see, I don't read it that way at all. I read it that Alison was making a sort of feeble joke about it..

I honestly cant see anyone cracking a joke or making an oblique remark about the subject at that time... .

I'd like to know what a psychologist makes of fully grown adults who refer to themselves as Superman, Wonder Woman, etc.

Nick names like GG, Bruce Overland...

I don't get it. I know it goes on among teenage boys (mostly I would have thought) But what's the deal with professional family men and women having these 'associations' in their daily lives.

imo

Surely it's a deficiency, inadequacy, immaturity, insecurity or 'type'.

Anyone?

We have one at work, we call him the Man-Child (among other things).

Toni was struggling, she didn’t like what she was doing, she reported to me on one of those occasions that she’d had an anxiety attack when she was at work and passed out in the toilets there and I was obviously concerned about her,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he met Ms McHugh on a couple of occasions and at least twice, they had sex.

He said the last time he saw Ms McHugh would have been in March, 2012.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

yeah, but it was just 'counselling sex'.. not real sex.. not treacherous sex, not meaningful sex, but you know. .. counselling sex.. what you have to do to those you counsel, in case they are about to throw something at you, or be 'volatile' or.. maybe even just for the hell of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme