The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon dear Sleuths,

I am a retired Brisbane lawyer and have read your opinions and insights with great interest and admiration from that very first, fateful day. I have been so impressed over the last two years by your collective dedication, intelligence, respect for the process and each other and special brand of (often black) humour. A heartwarming little microcosm of society.

This is my first and likely only (because you all say it all so well) post.

I should be careful first to say that I find the evidence, or lack thereof, in this case as perplexing as any of you and that I think it is possible we may never, ever know precisely how Allison's life ended.

Recognising that it would be a most bold and significantly risky, but just possibly winning, strategy, were I the Prosecutor in this case, I would be very tempted to ask only one question of GBC in cross-examination and that would be along these lines:

Mr Baden-Clay, you have told this Honourable Court, under oath, that you regularly told your long-term mistress, Ms McHugh, whatever it was that you thought she wanted or needed to hear, in order to keep her calm, discreet, happy, amenable to you and in your employ; in short, on-side.

It is the case, isn't it, that you have done precisely that in every aspect, to every person, in your life: your late wife, your many mistresses, your parents, your siblings, your friends, your business partners, your creditors, your employers, your employees, your clients, your community members, your medical advisers, your late wife's medical advisers, her family and friends, the Queensland Police Service, His Honour and the ladies and gentlemen of this jury?

its the only question .. end of story, really.

I am a retired Brisbane lawyer and have read your opinions and insights with great interest and admiration from that very first, fateful day. I have been so impressed over the last two years by your collective dedication, intelligence, respect for the process and each other and special brand of (often black) humour. A heartwarming little microcosm of society.

I should be careful first to say that I find the evidence, or lack thereof, in this case as perplexing as any of you and that I think it is possible we may never, ever know precisely how Allison's life ended.

Recognising that it would be a most bold and significantly risky, but just possibly winning, strategy, were I the Prosecutor in this case, I would be very tempted to ask only one question of GBC in cross-examination and that would be along these lines:

Mr Baden-Clay, you have told this Honourable Court, under oath, that you regularly told your long-term mistress, Ms McHugh, whatever it was that you thought she wanted or needed to hear, in order to keep her calm, discreet, happy, amenable to you and in your employ; in short, on-side.

It is the case, isn't it, that you have done precisely that in every aspect, to every person, in your life: your late wife, your many mistresses, your parents, your siblings, your friends, your business partners, your creditors, your employers, your employees, your clients, your community members, your medical advisers, your late wife's medical advisers, her family and friends, the Queensland Police Service, His Honour and the ladies and gentlemen of this jury?

Haha - and what a perfect post for your first and possibly only (although I would like to hear more from you) :clap:

:welcome6:

:goodpost:

Agree, Alioop; that response of his 'I'm sorry you feel that way..etc' is a massive giveaway, passive-agressive disdain.
Yes, subtle emotional invalidation. He's not sorry for anything, he doesn't respect her feelings.

I don't know any one who could write a book about this.. it only could ever have one title... Stupid ****er..

All About Me - My Brilliant Career/s, Conquests, Achievements and other Insane and Inane Fantasies

Dr Bourke said he met Ms Baden-Clay again to review blood test results on September 20, 2011.He said there was a slight abnormality in her thyroid test and her iron levels were still slightly abnormal.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226956622231

I've suffered anaemia, even slightly low can be debilitating for me where it might not for others. My hubby can pick it just by looking at me now.

Yes Allison was standing up to him....

From TM's statement...

12. I recall Gerard taking this ultimatum to mean that if he had chosen to leave Allison that she would take away his daughters and potentially interfere and take control of his business assets.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*

I don't think Allison would have made such threats, but that's just me. That was his excuse to have his cake and eat it too. But I can see how G wouldn't have wanted to share the business or the kids with Allison as would have been necessary if they divorced.

Uh oh - on twitter - judge discussing potential interference of a juror.

Oh dear - this could all turn to mush: Judge is talking about potential interference with a juror by somebody claiming to be from Channel Nine..... ?????

Caroline Overington ‏@overingtonc 2m

Oh no! Judge is talking about potential interference with a juror #badenclay

Oh dear - this could all turn to mush: Judge is talking about potential interference with a juror by somebody claiming to be from Channel Nine..... ?????

nightmare moment....

Does this mean we have to listen to Gerry c&$p on for days again?

:yourock:

Welcome & I hope to read more posts from you.

he told Toni anything to appease her..... anything...

I think though that him contacting Toni again after he fobbed her off after ending it that he had changed his mind and may have wanted to be with her. I don't understand otherwise that why after finally getting her to accept his decision to only be with Allison, did he contact her out of the blue and say he
loved her and would work it so they would be together. And the written commitment to be with her by 1 July I think that was his real plan. Now he is saying that was a lie he told Toni but why did he have to lie if he could have just kept ignoring her. She had backed off. It was him who re initiated contact.
Maybe this change of mind was linked to the new and determined Allison who he was finding did not suit his future plans.

Stefan Armbruster ‏@StefArmbruster 36s

Baden Clay trial resumes. #badenclay @SBSNews

<snipped for brevity>

:bow: :takeabow:

Jury were approached by a cameraman and a reporter claiming to be from Channel 9.

I wonder how secure THEIR jobs are now?

@latikambourke: RT @overingtonc: Oh no! Judge is talking about potential interference with a juror #badenclay

Oh no !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member