The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is how someone like him works - manipulates people into believing his furfies.....

His story sounds believable BECAUSE HE ACTUALLY BELIEVES IT HIMSELF.......

You are probably right.
However the jury are just normal people like myself, what if they are thinking like I am ? :twocents:

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 24s
More police soon arrived. They started asking 'pretty much the same questions again' including issues in the marriage #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 1m

Police arrived. Barrister Michael Byrne: "Was there anything you had to hide in the house?" Gerard #badenclay "Not at all."

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 3s

Gerard says at that stage nobody in the family "was aware of the infidelity". He says he asked his dad to leave the house. #badenclay

Gerard says they asked the question and he told them the truth. #badenclay

Gerard says he didn't call Allison's parents until later in the morning because he "half expected" her to walk in the door. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 41s
Gerard told them about the affair with Toni. 'They asked the question and I told them the truth' #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 46s

Allison asked what he did for Toni's birthdays. He can't even remember when Toni's birthday is #badenclay

I seriously doubt that - I would imagine Toni wouldn't have let him get away with that oversight.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Gerard says more senior officers arrived and asked him all the same questions again. #badenclay

Gerard says "I wanted to be completely open with them" when asked about any marriage troubles. #badenclay

but of course, he wasn't.. he went into his 'standard ' story of the affair that had finished....

aroline Overington @overingtonc · 23s
He was still half expecting to see Allison walk through the door or to get a phone call saying she'd been found #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 18s

Gerard says he spoke to Allison's father who said "we'll come up straight away". Says he might have told them there was no need. #badenclay

Gerard says he didn't want to be hysterical or alarmist. He just assumed she would turn up. #badenclay

Obviously as this was his only razor, he had conveniently shaved the rest of his face before this area. Surely after cutting himself 3 times he wouldn't have continued, and it doesn't say he did, but yet he was clean shaven?

This was one side of his face....how come he did not cut the other side...changed razors ?
I don't think so ! :banghead:

aroline Overington @overingtonc · 23s
He was still half expecting to see Allison walk through the door or to get a phone call saying she'd been found #badenclay

only half? she is only a bit late for a seminar, at this point..

Obviously as this was his only razor, he had conveniently shaved the rest of his face before this area. Surely after cutting himself 3 times he wouldn't have continued, and it doesn't say he did, but yet he was clean shaven?

And otherwise evenly shaven all over?!

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · now
Gerard's father raised the question of whether Gerard should get a lawyer that first morning #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 59s
He phoned her parents to say: Allison has gone for a walk and not come back. They said they would come straight away #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 17s

Gerard says his dad called and said he was concerned about line of questioning from police. He said Gerard should call a lawyer. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

Gerard says he was his normal self, was concerned but didn't want to be hysterical or alarmist, assumed she would turn up #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 3m

Gerard says he didn't call Allison's parents until later because he half expected his wife to walk in the door #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 6s

Gerard says he argued with his dad and said there was no need, but his father was persistent. He says his dad called a lawyer. #badenclay

Gerard says the lawyer's first piece of advice was to not give a statement to police. #badenclay

Gerard says he argued with the lawyer, "I didn't care about myself, I just wanted to find Allison". #badenclay

4:08pm: Mr Baden-Clay said two police officers arrived at his house soon after he called triple-0 to report his wife missing.

He said he answered their questions frankly, even telling them about his long-time affair with Ms McHugh.

"I just wanted them to find Al ... so whatever they asked I helped them with. At that stage, no one in our family was aware of the infidelity and I think I asked Dad to leave the room at that point and I told them I'd had the affair with Toni in the past," he said.

"I couldn't understand why it might assist them, but they asked me the question and I told them the truth.

"I half expected Allison to walk in the door at any moment, or to get a call that she'd been found and was fine."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366H2bf75

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 17s
Gerard told his father it was fine but Gerard's father was insistent so they called a lawyer #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required