The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Gerard says the initial lawyer but him in contact with criminal lawyer Darren Mahoney. Mahoney told him not to give a statement. #badenclay

Gerard says by that time he had been speaking to police for "hours". #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 24s
Gerard says the lawyer told him not to give any statement to police and to get a criminal lawyer #badenclay

aroline Overington @overingtonc · 4s
Gerard asked for the name of a criminal lawyer, who likewise told him to give no statement to police #badenclay

Oh my good lord.... Now Toni is having anxiety attacks and passing out in the toilets at work, according to GBC. And he met her for coffee and told her he loved her - but he didn't. What a hero....!
It's amazing. I've only ever heard of 2 people passing out from an anxiety attack (and I've known lots of people with them and have them myself), and they are ABC and TM. What's the CHANCES! Lol

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 4s
Gerard asked for the name of a criminal lawyer, who likewise told him to give no statement to police #badenclay

4pm: Gerard Baden-Clay told the jury he had no knowledge of how blood came to be on a rear boot panel of his wife’s Holden Captiva.

He said his wife had work appointments during the day, including a pre-arranged meeting with a property management expert, on April 19, 2012.

The accused said he had to go to the chemist to get medication for a blood-shot eye and then went to his daughter’s cross-country event.

He said his sister Olivia Walton met him there, as she was down visiting from Townsville.

Baden-Clay said he was talking to P&C president Cameron Early at the carnival when something bit or stung him on the neck.

“I just went, ‘oh, what’s that?’ and scratched at it. It felt like it was there, it was very itchy there and later I had spreading itch all over my chest but at the time I got some, there were a whole bunch of mother’s there including my sister … and one of them gave me an antihistamine and one of them gave me some Stingose, I think,” he said.

The jury was shown a photo of Baden-Clay at the carnival with a blood-shot eye and red marks on his neck near to his collar.

He said he never saw the offending insect, adding he pulled a spider off another parent and it may have been a spider “for all I know”.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

"I couldn't understand why it might assist them, but they asked me the question and I told them the truth.'

blatant psychopathic dribble.

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m

The lawyer told him not to give police a statement, then put him onto a criminal lawyer, Darren Mahony #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 38s

Mahony said not to give police a statement - Gerard #badenclay

"4:08pm: Mr Baden-Clay said two police officers arrived at his house soon after he called triple-0 to report his wife missing.

He said he answered their questions frankly, even telling them about his long-time affair with Ms McHugh.

"I just wanted them to find Al ... so whatever they asked I helped them with. At that stage, no one in our family was aware of the infidelity and I think I asked Dad to leave the room at that point and I told them I'd had the affair with Toni in the past," he said.

"I couldn't understand why it might assist them, but they asked me the question and I told them the truth."

REALLY? He couldn't understand?

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366HMp7r1

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 46s
He also gave police permission to search around the house #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 11s

Gerard says he was soon told his house had been made a crime scene. He says he didn't know what that meant. #badenclay

Gerard says he was also told some officers were from the CIB - he didn't know what that meant either. #badenclay
Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s

Gerard says he was told not to join the search. Police and SES had clear protocols. #badenclay

Baden-Clay said he went to a friend’s home renovation that afternoon.

He said two staff members come along to the home to check it before it went to auction, and while changing a light fitting he cut his hand.

The accused said his wife had a hair appointment that night.

He said he picked up his daughters from his parent’s house and they had barbecued sausages.

Baden-Clay said his wife called him to say she would be home that night.

“Bed time normally was around 7pm to 7.30pm. I seem to recollect they’d been for a swim at mum and dad’s, so we didn’t bother with baths and that sort of thing,” he said.

The accused said they put their daughters to bed together.

“We would just do our various evening routines with them. Where possible we would try to make it that I would go last with each of the girls because they tended to settle more that way,” he said.

He said his wife sometimes sung the girls a lullaby and he would go in afterwards and would chat to them and sing a song.

“We just sat on the couch to start with whilst just making sure that the girls were settling and we talked about the day because there had been the cross country in the morning that Allison hadn’t been able to go to and I had texted her some photographs during the day,” he said.

“We talked about the parent teacher interview with (one of their daughter’s) teacher and we discussed the following evening, there were going to be sleepovers planned the following evening.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 13s
Gerard says he also spoke to police about wanting to take part in the search #badenclay

4:12pm: Mr Baden-Clay said he later received a call from his father Nigel.

"Dad called me and said he was concerned about the line of questioning I was being asked [by police]," he told the court.

"I said, 'Dad I don't think there's any need to do that' ...

"In the end I said, 'yes, that's alright'."

Mr Baden-Clay said his father put him in touch with a lawyer from Toowoomba, who referred him to a criminal lawyer on the Gold Coast.

The two lawyers, who had attended Toowoomba Grammar School with Mr Baden-Clay, advised him not to speak to the police again.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...y-12-week-4-20140630-3b2vi.html#ixzz366IACquc

So, this pillar of the local community, which has a very active Neighbourhood Watch programme, didn't know what "Taking the Fifth" meant, didn't know about "Self-incrimination", and now he says he didn't know what the CIB was or what the term "Crime Scene" meant?

Puhleeze...!

Baden-Clay said his wife had follow-up questions from the night before.

He said he agreed to answering two questions; two follow-up on questions on the birthdays and asked him a second time if he regretted the whole thing or just getting caught.

The accused said he told his wife again that he regretted the whole thing.

He said their mood was normal.

“It was perfectly normal, certainly civilised, those two questions were not done in an aggravated way in any way at all, as I say she asked permission to ask them and we were just talking about what had happened during the day,” he said.

Baden-Clay said his wife was wearing blue and white chequered pyjamas, with a sloppy joe and blue hiking socks that she would usually wear around the house.

He said he did not see her wearing anything else.

“When we got home she was already changed into that,” he said of her pyjamas.

The accused said he wore normal business clothes and got changed into a T-shirt and an old pair of boxer shorts.

“I would put on my running shoes and not do up the laces when I was doing ironing and I was doing ironing that night,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he thought he had a cold coming on that night.

He said he went to bed around about 10pm.

He told the jury he gave his phone to his wife when she arrived home that day

This was one side of his face....how come he did not cut the other side...changed razors ?
I don't think so ! :banghead:

Furthermore, it was the right side of the face, where he'd probably start if right handed, and he didn't mention that he had to change the blade. He managed to finish his entire face with the one that scratched him 3 times incident free.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now

Gerard says he went to his mum and dad's house. He arranged to meet his new lawyer that evening. #badenclay

Gerard says his lawyer told him to go see "a couple of doctors" to get the scratches on his face looked at. #badenclay

Caroline Overington @overingtonc · 35s
Gerard says he was told that SES and police would search and they didn't want a whole heap of amateurs running around #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme