The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 30th June - Trial Day 12, Week 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I do believe that is true.. that Alison never knew that Gerard and Toni were back in the saddle, so to speak.. he murdered her without going into the inconvenient stuff about not going to the conference........... too difficult, and whats more.. too.. uncomfy.. so.. no discussion about Gerards dilemma before she was murdered.. just .... murdered.. swift, silent and sadistic...

To everyone that couldnt be in court today, you are missing a whole bunch of The Life and Times of GBC.

Sent from my ZTE T81 using Tapatalk

So they only saw Camel Ritchie the once, and that was on April 16th - three nights before Allison disappeared. And their first 15-minute venting session was mainly about the details of the venting sessions (he just said that).

So, given that those sessions were supposed to be every 2nd night, the next - and only other - one would have been on the 18th, the night they went out for coffee together with NBC and co doing the baby-sitting.

Interesting timing.....

Yes. I think its been reported that they went to Mt Cootha on the 18th to have their session. Need to find a link for that..

EDITED: Sorry, I have looked and can't find where to link. I believe it was stated in court on Friday, but I have tried wading through that days...'monologue' from GBC and gave up- can't revisit it ALL of it all over again.

An editor's nightmare!

jmo

A cameraman's nightmare also in a video of him leaving police station he almost swiped the guy's head off....I think 7News said that at the time.

nonpremium_nocaptions_0627_0530_nat_baden_lrg-19qp0qr.jpg

My eldest child is the same age as the youngest BC child and I knew the sex from the 12 week scan.

Not only am I finding GBC's testimony quite believable, unlike most posters, I also always thought his blog was more or less FOS, unlike most posters.

It was a sales tool, not a statutory declaration. I always read that blog as a man sucking up to his female customer base, saying that a mere male could not be as capable as women are every day, and how unsung the efforts of women are. Some women fall for that hook, line and sinker. And smart men milk that for all it is worth.

I don't think the blog proves or disproves anything.

Plus, much of his testimony related to Allison's day to day demeanour before the third child came along so the blog is not relevant in any case.

It has every relevance, it totally contradicts what he is saying under oath.

To everyone that couldnt be in court today, you are missing a whole bunch of The Life and Times of GBC.

Sent from my ZTE T81 using Tapatalk
You're there? How do you think he's sounding and will come across to the jury?

It has every relevance, it totally contradicts what he is saying under oath.

I can see this from a marketing perspective, where Gerard is 'the brand' and he is just making up what people want to hear.

Come to think of it, he admits to making up what people (Toni) want to hear.

gosh

:waitasec:

What's that got to do with the price of eggs? It was the local State school, not a private school, and it was about 2 minutes walk or 1 minute's drive from the house. Didn't even cost much in fuel!

Sorry if I'm late answering this but I thought Gered was Vice Principal of the P&C. The school minutes (now taken off the web) indicate he was responsible for the concreting at the Show Grounds.

1.05pm: Baden-Clay said he anticipated he and his wife Allison would go in to the counselling session together on Monday April 16, 2012.

He said he filled in a form about himself before going into the room with Carmel Ritchie by himself.

Baden-Clay said Ms Ritchie told him she wanted to have an opportunity to find out about him, as she had with his wife.

He said he was taken aback that he had to go to the room by himself, when he thought it would be a couple’s session.

“I really felt a connection to her … we talked about the affair with Toni (McHugh) … and she expressed her view that it would be useful for Allison to be able to express her feelings and ask any questions that she wanted to, about details of the relationship, in order to recover from it,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he was resistant, at first, because he didn’t think it would he helpful.

“Whenever she did that she seemed to regress and it seemed to me quite strange … but what Carmel further explained to me was it wasn’t an anytime, anywhere, anything type of thing but she recommended a structured, setting aside of 10 or 15 minutes every second night,” he said.

The accused said his job was just to listen to any feelings his wife had about the affair.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

I'm hoping he'll waffle on just enough after lunch that the prosecution won't get the chance to question him till tomorrow.
That gives them more time to come up with some really good questions and gives him time to forget what he said today ;)

I knew that for me, it would be certainly easier to deal with on a 15 to 20 minute basis every couple of nights and for Allison it would probably be better because she could formalise her thoughts … rather than getting potentially overly emotional about things, which had happened before,” he said.

Baden-Clay said the couple’s 15 to 20-minute session on the Monday night centred mostly on whether he liked Ms Ritchie and the suggestions she had made for them.

He said he told his wife he was happy with Ms Ritchie.

Baden-Clay said he was doing his best to “distance” himself from Ms McHugh.

He said she would call around 4.30pm or 5pm.

The accused said Ms McHugh was wanting to reconnect and for him to leave his wife in order to “build a life with her”.

The jury was shown the emails between Baden-Clay and Ms McHugh, exchanged via the secret Bruce Overland account.

The first email was dated Monday February 20, 2012 from Ms McHugh to the Bruce Overland account, which said she was “sick of being second best and having to take the back seat”.

He said he was doing his best to help Ms McHugh find something other than him “to be fixated on and focused upon”.

Baden-Clay said he was encouraging her to go overseas and take on a teaching role with friends in Singapore or in Japan.

I was just trying to encourage her to find something else, basically, that would make her happy and make her, additionally, preferably, go away,” he said.

The accused said he was trying to push Ms McHugh away, but because of her volatile personality, he tended to “roll over and say whatever she wanted to hear”.

He said he thought the email was Ms McHugh understanding he really did love his wife.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allison-in-2012/story-fnihsrf2-1226971633938

12.45pm: Gerard Baden-Clay told the jury Toni McHugh texted him numerous times, “all of which Allison saw” and tried to phone him in the months after the affair ended.

He said he had contact with Ms McHugh because he “heard she was really struggling”.

“I felt a great deal of responsibility for that and it was around Christmas time when I just thought at that time of year, I wanted her to know that I didn’t hate her and to apologise for want of a better description, so I contacted her,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he met Ms McHugh at a Taringa coffee shop.

He said she was fragile and asked him if he loved her.

“I told her I didn’t and I was sorry, but I didn’t,” he said.

The accused said Ms McHugh went to work at Re-Max with Jocelyn Frost, then to Ray White at Toowong.

“Toni was struggling, she didn’t like what she was doing, she reported to me on one of those occasions that she’d had an anxiety attack when she was at work and passed out in the toilets there and I was obviously concerned about her,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he met Ms McHugh on a couple of occasions and at least twice, they had sex.

He said the last time he saw Ms McHugh would have been in March, 2012.

The accused said they last had physical contact in February or even January of that year.

“I never called her, she only ever called me. If she called me, after the phone call, I would delete the history of that call from my phone record. There were no text messages … and that’s when we used that other email account that I had that Allison didn’t know about,” he said.

Baden-Clay said the Bruce Overland account was a “dummy” email account he sent up with Phil Broom when they were establishing the business.

He said the business was sublet to another tenant to help reduce costs.

How have I never read this? It's just a direct contradiction to everything he has said! And all in his own words!

Alioop: Is there any way the prosecution can bring this up, even in a round about fashion eg 'has Allison even gone away and left you in charge of running the house?'

Yes they can use it in cross examination.

He said the business was sublet to another tenant to help reduce costs.

Baden-Clay said his wife would discuss the business and its future with him at length.

He said the sales team had been reduced to three.

The accused said a development strategy for the business was devised by March or April, 2012 and the prospects of it going forward were “very positive”.

Baden-Clay said more than $150,000 in revenue was generated by the sales business in April alone.

He said his wife dealt with the couple’s personal finances, including their rental property on the Gold Coast.

The accused said his wife investigated their insurance in the months before she disappeared.

Baden-Clay said his strategy to raise finance for the purchase of the rent roll from his former partners was, if not through a bank, via Charles Tarbey who owned Century 21.

He said his plan C was to ask high net-worth individuals for the $400,000 he needed to raise.

Baden-Clay said those people included Moggill MP Bruce Flegg, who he developed a good relationship with over the years.

The accused said he approached Dr Flegg around Christmas, 2011.

“He wanted to go into a lot more detail than I was prepared to go into at that time, like who were the partners … and I wanted to maintain a little more confidentiality at that point,” he said.

Baden-Clay said Dr Flegg told him at the time he had put in a contract for an apartment in New York and his excess funds were largely tied up in the purchase.

I'm hoping he'll waffle on just enough after lunch that the prosecution won't get the chance to question him till tomorrow.
That gives them more time to come up with some really good questions and gives him time to forget what he said today ;)

That seems highly likely. Gosh can he talk.

“He said once that was completed he would then be in a much better position to know what his financial position was,” he said.

Baden-Clay said he also approached a past client who lived at Pullenvale but he and his wife had children who were young adults and already financially committed to investing with them.

He said another client he was never able to meet with and ask.

Baden-Clay said he made further contact with Dr Flegg in March, 2012.

“Really just to say, okay, has the New York apartment settled and where are you at? He didn’t answer his phone … the election was on, but he did ask Sue, his friend, to give me a call on his behalf,” he said.

The accused said he spoke to Susanne Heath and mentioned a possible loan of $300,000.

“I remember actually breaking into tears at that point and nobody ever asked me if I was okay, so I was a bit touched about that,” he said.

He said he spoke with Dr Flegg later and by then had “moved on” from requesting money.

Baden-Clay said he went with his wife to see Rosamond Nutting at Bardon.

“We didn’t really feel a great connection with her. She had some, she talked about the trauma that Allison had been through and Ros had some ideas about trauma counselling and how to deal with that trauma. Some of the suggestions that she made were a little bit out there from our perspective,” she said.

Baden-Clay said Ms Nutting wanted to meet with his wife on her own to deal with the trauma dialogue but she was not as keen.

He said they stopped seeing her and then his wife had a session with Carmel Ritchie.

The accused said his wife liked her and made an appointment for them both on Monday April 16, 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme