The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not convinced TM didn't know something ... If not encouraged it. If she had nothing to hide then why delete emails and be deceptive with the police in the initial stages. She seemed very crazed and infatuated with GBC from reports that I wouldn't put it past her to have planted the seed or some way helped in Allison's demise? IMO

Ms McHugh is a Prosecution witness for the State of Queensland in the matter of R v Baden-Clay.. she is a crucial component of the Organisation that is working relentlessly to have GBC imprisoned for life. Considering her degree of infatuation, it's a fair call to assume she has received immunity for something... and the price she pays for that immunity is to be a Prosecution witness.. nothing less. .Fair to assume that it was an offer she couldn't refuse, either.

<modsnip>. .. That's what she is there for. Obviously, the defence, , that is , Gerard doesn't want her as his witness.... or/and ,.. he couldn't offer her the kind of immunity the Crown was prepared to do. ..

My first post but have read every word from the start of this case. I grew up in the western suburbs and have driven over the Kholo bridge a countless number of times and have some thoughts on how Allison came to be where she was found. From the photo's that area under the bridge would generally be dry ground as the river sits fairly low under there unless there has been big rainfall which was the case prior to the discovery from canoeist. Remembering that the Geo cache (think that is the correct terminology) was located under the bridge and people had documented that they had accessed the area on foot to get to it suggests that perhaps the rain had hindered the police efforts to get under the bridge but that may not have been the case when Allison was murdered. The Kholo bridge is not somewhere you would want to park your car regardless of the time of night/early morning. Once a shift worker I have passed over that bridge at all hours and while it is a low traffic area at those night/early morning times it is by no means a deserted road. Prior to the tragic death of Allison the speed limit on that section of road was 80km/hr and you certainly wouldn't want your car parked on the bridge in minimal light with the possibility of oncoming traffic doing that speed. It is a narrow two lane bridge and would be a risk to either park on it or stand on it to dispose of a body. It's my opinion that her body would have been dragged/lifted to the final resting spot under dryer condition than those under which it was found and the car parked off to the side of the road with the protection of thicker folage than what is currently there. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to hear more evidence there is a long road ahead but finally the process has started!!

Welcome and great first post in here. Glad to have your local knowledge
:tyou:

good questions and this is a common situation .. that is, it isn't rare, lots of people get into this kind of blind alley, ... throwing in a mistress with a deadline adds an extra jolt of horror to it, but its not a unique situation that Gerard found himself in.. it wasn't an overnight thing, either. It took him a few years to dig himself into this ever deepening hole... he lost money, borrowed money and threw it at a losing business, and not once, but over and over again. Bigger losses, bigger borrowings, bigger debts and bigger interest. A lot of these debts were all due around the same time, too.. that is , the entire amount.. not just the payment and interest due, but the amount borrowed.

He lost money by being overconfident, and extended and enlarged his franchise ,.. riding on the friable success of one years trading, as I read it from the little bit the forensic accountant testified to at his committal , he rode on when the thing began to collapse. At this point, he borrowed big, from various sources, perhaps he didn't believe the downturn would gain momentum.. but it did.

Gerard just didn't seem capable of recognising this trajectory. Herein lies his incompetency .

If he and Alison separated, he would have been adjudged responsible for child support, but some men take that way out by declaring themselves bankrupt and unemployed.. . there is no doubt Gerard could have taken this road.. there is provision in the law for this.. of course, it then exposes Gerards status.. a bankrupt, an unemployable and unborrowable bankrupt, and perhaps this was too much for this particular ego to contemplate..

And Minusfour, I would imagine she would have been responsible only for debts which might have been in joint names? Or debts of business if she was co-sign or guarantor maybe?

I haven't once seen a report or a statement from GBC or his family that Allison's "real" killer is still on the loose and they have the wrong man.... If they were convinced that GBC was innocent wouldn't they try and convince the powers that be that they should be looking for someone else or at least have a plausible reason for who the murderer is if it's not GBC?

Olivia did say that at trial the 'real story' would be told,.. she also said the police were not seemingly prepared to follow all avenues, or words to that effect.. but that was in the early days.. when the little hints from Olivia re Alisons state of mind, etc were being cast on the waters, rather like the bread in those biblical tracts...

It didn't seem to stick even then, and less so now.

I was relieved to see that the GBC family, Olivia included, had obviously taken some wise advice (that no doubt was given to them earlier, but Olivia, at least chose to ignore it) to not make any statements or claims or vapourings as happened during the bail and committal hearings.. wise advice given and wisely taken now.

Just trying to catch up.... Sorry if this has been asked before but just curious to know who the woman was that yelled at GBC at the last hearing.... Is she significant to the trial or a potential witness because from memory she yelled something about not loving him anymore is this one of the 3 women he had a dalliance with?

Definitely NOT related to GBC in any way shape or form. She was voicing her disgust at OW standing next to him at the committal talking to him in a break when she was not allowed to be there as she was a potential witness. When asked to leave by the baliff OW bent down and spoke through the little portal to GBC and said "Ï love you" to him, to which your mystery woman responded with "Well I dont love you I hate you".

She is a friend of ABCs.

Cheers.

good questions and this is a common situation .. that is, it isn't rare, lots of people get into this kind of blind alley, ... throwing in a mistress with a deadline adds an extra jolt of horror to it, but its not a unique situation that Gerard found himself in.. it wasn't an overnight thing, either. It took him a few years to dig himself into this ever deepening hole... he lost money, borrowed money and threw it at a losing business, and not once, but over and over again. Bigger losses, bigger borrowings, bigger debts and bigger interest. A lot of these debts were all due around the same time, too.. that is , the entire amount.. not just the payment and interest due, but the amount borrowed.

He lost money by being overconfident, and extended and enlarged his franchise ,.. riding on the friable success of one years trading, as I read it from the little bit the forensic accountant testified to at his committal , he rode on when the thing began to collapse. At this point, he borrowed big, from various sources, perhaps he didn't believe the downturn would gain momentum.. but it did.

Gerard just didn't seem capable of recognising this trajectory. Herein lies his incompetency .

If he and Alison separated, he would have been adjudged responsible for child support, but some men take that way out by declaring themselves bankrupt and unemployed.. . there is no doubt Gerard could have taken this road.. there is provision in the law for this.. of course, it then exposes Gerards status.. a bankrupt, an unemployable and unborrowable bankrupt, and perhaps this was too much for this particular ego to contemplate..

... and also too much for TMcH to take GBC with those problems, without prestige and money but with 3 daughters.

I remember the first thread on here about Allison. It hit so close to home for me literally because I lived so close. I will be glad when this is over for the sake of her family.

OMG, an entire day with head in computer and nothing else done. Been down this path before.

Sent from my ZTE T81 using Tapatalk

Definitely NOT related to GBC in any way shape or form. She was voicing her disgust at OW standing next to him at the committal talking to him in a break when she was not allowed to be there as she was a potential witness. When asked to leave by the baliff OW bent down and spoke through the little portal to GBC and said "Ï love you" to him, to which your mystery woman responded with "Well I dont love you I hate you".

She is a friend of ABCs.

Cheers.

Wow! Thank you so much for that.... I couldn't find any info on that and I'm glad you have cleared that up for me!

Yay Strangeworld!!:loveyou: Great to see you again!!

And yes, I completely agree with you - any trained professional can indeed see through the testimony of a child who is coached. Body language/facial expression alone says alot, let alone the practised and perfected words a coached child speaks :seeya:

So good to be back! :loveyou:

Gives me chills seeing all the oldies popping in. Nothing like justice to draw us all back, regardless of how life gets busy.

My first post but have read every word from the start of this case. I grew up in the western suburbs and have driven over the Kholo bridge a countless number of times and have some thoughts on how Allison came to be where she was found. From the photo's that area under the bridge would generally be dry ground as the river sits fairly low under there unless there has been big rainfall which was the case prior to the discovery from canoeist. Remembering that the Geo cache (think that is the correct terminology) was located under the bridge and people had documented that they had accessed the area on foot to get to it suggests that perhaps the rain had hindered the police efforts to get under the bridge but that may not have been the case when Allison was murdered. The Kholo bridge is not somewhere you would want to park your car regardless of the time of night/early morning. Once a shift worker I have passed over that bridge at all hours and while it is a low traffic area at those night/early morning times it is by no means a deserted road. Prior to the tragic death of Allison the speed limit on that section of road was 80km/hr and you certainly wouldn't want your car parked on the bridge in minimal light with the possibility of oncoming traffic doing that speed. It is a narrow two lane bridge and would be a risk to either park on it or stand on it to dispose of a body. It's my opinion that her body would have been dragged/lifted to the final resting spot under dryer condition than those under which it was found and the car parked off to the side of the road with the protection of thicker folage than what is currently there. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to hear more evidence there is a long road ahead but finally the process has started!!

Welcome Spectator!

Hypothetically (without breaching TOS of course!) I do wonder if any of the witnesses called to the stand saw a 4WD on or near the bridge that night.

<modsnip>

He said Baden-Clay explained to police that he was ``a heavy sleeper’’ and could not remember whether his wife had slept in bed with him the night before.

I still find this hard to believe....

He said Baden-Clay explained to police that he was ``a heavy sleeper’’ and could not remember whether his wife had slept in bed with him the night before.

I'm a heavy sleeper too but I certainly notice when my partner isn't in the bed. I'm restless when he has an all night gaming session or game designing session.

Folks a reminder we don't allow rumours.

Or discussions about rumours from blogs.

My husband's a super heavy sleeper - (conveniently for him, when our children were younger and calling out in the night!!!) - but even he'd know if I hadn't slept in the bed.

Also, guys of GBC's age tend to get up to go to the toilet during the night......

But come on, who doesn't know if their partner slept in the bed the night before??!! A load of baloney IMO :banghead:

So good to be back! :loveyou:

Gives me chills seeing all the oldies popping in. Nothing like justice to draw us all back, regardless of how life gets busy.

Welcome Spectator!

Hypothetically (without breaching TOS of course!) I do wonder if any of the witnesses called to the stand saw a 4WD on or near the bridge that night.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>So many facets to this case it is so hard to remember everything..... One thing that sticks in my mind and could never get my head around was when OW ran through neighbours yards and ducked and weaved from the media it looked very suspicious and was very dramatic and she got even more dramatic and OTT from that moment on.
She knows GBC is guilty... I'd bet my house on it!:drama::drama::drama:

I remember the first thread on here about Allison. It hit so close to home for me literally because I lived so close. I will be glad when this is over for the sake of her family.

Being a local you must have been fearful that a murderer was on the loose, when GBC was arrested did you feel safe immediately or mixed feelings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321