The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SNIP Now, if LE come out and say "we've spoken to everyone in WM's life and in consultation with the Coroners office have come to the conclusion,beyond a doubt, that it was death by suicide and we're closing the case" John Q public has no choice but to accept that.
MOO

Gosh, wouldn't it be great if LE would just call a presser and publically declare once and for all that WM committed suicide.

I think that it is likely to happen?
Guess it's 50/50 right now, with perhaps it tilting more towards the nothing side because WM has been cremated. IMHO, the Coroners office will play a big role in this one and I'd like to know from someone in the know if LE will need the Coroners report to really do anything? My thinking is that if the report says it's definitely a suicide, LE will drop their investigation, however, if the report says it looks suspicious or more, LE will have no choice but to investigate. Need some help with this one...and thanks in advance!

Guess it's 50/50 right now, with perhaps it tilting more towards the nothing side because WM has been cremated. IMHO, the Coroners office will play a big role in this one and I'd like to know from someone in the know if LE will need the Coroners report to really do anything? My thinking is that if the report says it's definitely a suicide, LE will drop their investigation, however, if the report says it looks suspicious or more, LE will have no choice but to investigate. Need some help with this one...and thanks in advance!

What if we consider this....

If we were going to be investigating this as LEs and the CR said COD was suspicious, we would review the file and likely speak with the Crown on things like, other interviews to conduct, new evidence, would it be feasible at this point in time to continue or cold case it until something opens(remember we may have the prime suspect already, and in the prosecution of him we may uncover new evidence(for or against DM). We would certainly confer with the Coroner and try to see if our evidence has possibilities in swaying his autopsy results, to the point homicide was in fact likely.

If the CR detailed a suicide we'd likely let it go unless we had strong evidence to the contrary, even then you get in court with the Defense attorney howling that we didn't use(believe) our own Coroner and went to an outside Coroner, smacking of capricious behavior and targeting his already bereaved client.

The thing is there are some time sensitive testing to be done if a homicide/suicide is possible and suspected. I don't know if any were done.

I believe justice is working very well.

Tell that to Guy Paul Morin and the rest of the wrongly accused. There are a lot more than many people care to accept or believe. Anyone that works in the court system will tell you how bad it is if they are truthful. I have spoken with many.... and many are leaving their professions due to it !!!

I believe justice is working very well.

I agree!!! Wrongful convictions mentioned in this thread all seem to be from the 1980/90's or earlier. DNA has had many advancements since then. JMO

Tell that to Guy Paul Morin and the rest of the wrongly accused. There are a lot more than many people care to accept or believe. Anyone that works in the court system will tell you how bad it is if they are truthful. I have spoken with many.... and many are leaving their professions due to it !!!

We don't even have charges, let alone a conviction, in the death of Wayne Millard. There is no wrongful conviction to discuss in this matter.

WRT your earlier comment that justice has ceased to be ... true justice is investigating Wayne Millard's death because there is a suspicion, whether warranted or not, that it might be something other than suicide. If the investigation confirms it WAS suicide, then WM and DM have received justice. If the investigation finds it was a homicide by DM or anyone, then WM hopefully will receive justice.

The way I see it as it relates specifically to WM, he is receiving justice one way or another.

Gosh, wouldn't it be great if LE would just call a presser and publically declare once and for all that WM committed suicide.

I totally agree...would be nice to simply focus on what is really on the table.

I am on this board because I am in close vacinity to the happenings, am nosey...a wanna be CSI--I guess. I am intrigued by this all and want to see it all play out.

But...I most certainly do not blame the LE and the coroner (and quite frankly, thank them) for exercising all their due diligence with all aspects of this case. The last thing this area of this province needs is another "Deal with the Devil" scenario.

We need to let them cross all i's and dot all t's. If there is a conviction to be had, it needs to be without second thought. I want to know that they did all they could to investigate.

JMO

IMO WM was either a depressive or suffering the effects of what has been suggested as a liking for a tipple or two. IMO There is no evidence his son killed him and obviously no evidence of such was ever brought forth. WM death was ruled a suicide and he was cremated. His son apparently found him (traumatic event). I do not see any evidence where WM was not feeling the love !! Even his ex wife had good things to say about him. He lived with his dad and went house hunting with his dad, he obviously had a good relationship with his dad. He could have lived with his mom !!! He could have lived on his own !!! but he chose to spend time with his dad..... speaks volumes ! IMO

I guess that you might be privy to information that the rest of us are not...Last I read LE had closed the case; the Coroner had not. It's still open as per the Coroner's office. (I have no understanding as to why this might be the case only MSM telling us this.) "His son apparently found him"...I have not read ANYTHING about this??? Do you have a link? Who says WM "was not feeling the love" and what on earth does that mean? I haven't read anything that his ex wife had to say. In fact, I don't believe that she's publicly said a thing. Again, do you have a link? How do you know he had a good relationship with his dad? Who says they went "house hunting" together? Where do you get all of this information? Could you share a few links please?

We don't even have charges, let alone a conviction, in the death of Wayne Millard. There is no wrongful conviction to discuss in this matter.

WRT your earlier comment that justice has ceased to be ... true justice is investigating Wayne Millard's death because there is a suspicion, whether warranted or not, that it might be something other than suicide. If the investigation confirms it WAS suicide, then WM and DM have received justice. If the investigation finds it was a homicide by DM or anyone, then WM hopefully will receive justice.

The way I see it as it relates specifically to WM, he is receiving justice one way or another.

I dont see any reason for suspicion...imo this whole case is off the tracks JMO

I guess that you might be privy to information that the rest of us are not...Last I read LE had closed the case; the Coroner had not. It's still open as per the Coroner's office. (I have no understanding as to why this might be the case only MSM telling us this.) "His son apparently found him"...I have not read ANYTHING about this??? Do you have a link? Who says WM "was not feeling the love" and what on earth does that mean? I haven't read anything that his ex wife had to say. In fact, I don't believe that she's publicly said a thing. Again, do you have a link? How do you know he had a good relationship with his dad? Who says they went "house hunting" together? Where do you get all of this information? Could you share a few links please?

its all been posted before....take a look through the threads.... I am tired so its off to bed for me :eek:fftobed:

I may be able to answer some of this.

As to why the case is still open in the Coroner's office:

It is not unusual however, for a coroner's investigation to take months to complete, even when no foul play is suspected, says Cheryl Mahyr, issues manager in the coroner's office.

"There's no prescribed time limit on how long it takes," she says. The length of the investigation can depend on "the number and types of tests that are ordered."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2878848-police-probe-millard-s-connections-to-other-cases/

House hunting with his dad:

They met several times at the farm, joined sometimes by Dellen’s father Wayne Millard, president of family business Millardair.

http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/674559/dellen-millards-hangar-from-jetliners-to-police-tape/

Who says WM "was not feeling the love"? MsSherlock

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9551691&postcount=711"]http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9551691&postcount=711[/ame]

HTH

I find it curious too that WM, who was somewhat described as gentle humanitarian with a love of animals, would own a gun and shoot himself in the head, in the home he shared with his son, for his son to find him in that condition. I would think he would have chosen to do something like that perhaps in another location where his son didn't live. Or perhaps in a less violent fashion if he wanted to die at home? I assume no note was found either.

Just seems odd all the way around.

And I'm sure they have a coroner's report on the death so I suppose they had no problem releasing the remains to the family. But I'm sure we'll find out that the report is not complete, or lost, or something. Just the way things go sometimes with wealthy people and sloppy investigations IMO. But I have to tell you I'm very curious as to what DM did with his father's cremains. He sure hasn't made it known to anyone where he is interred so that they can go to pay their respects to him. Perhaps he kept them at home? Or scattered them somewhere?

MOO

It is also interesting to know that none of WM's blood relatives were notified of his death and he has several still living, one being an aunt. Notification was received by friends calling to say they heard he had passed from an aneurism and that was a week or more after the fact.

It is also interesting to know that none of WM's blood relatives were notified of his death and he has several still living, one being an aunt. Notification was received by friends calling to say they heard he had passed from an aneurism and that was a week or more after the fact.

Where did you hear this about family not being notified. The only thing I seen reported about the aneursym story was that this was told to the gentlemen that was working for them can't remember his name but was reported by Ann Brocklehurst.

Nothing really new in the article, but she is on the case...
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/06/dellen-millards-strange-obituary-for-his-father-wayne.html

Although she describes it as a gunshot wound, I read in an older article from The Hamilton Spectator calling it a shotgun wound:

Toronto homicide detectives are also looking into two other cases with connections to Millard. The shotgun death of his father, Wayne Millard, last December was considered a suicide at the time. Now it is being investigated as a possible murder. BBM
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/
A little harder to commit suicide with a shotgun IMHO....

Still new to posting here, I tried to preview before I posted it, please feel free to correct any errors I made! :cheers:

Around here (small town SW Ontario), suicides involving guns, most are shot guns.

I've meant to say this before, as a general statement, not to anyone specifically. Of course I have no links to provide, so JMO

And dizzy - not that I have any more experience, but you are going great! Thanks for the info!

Nothing really new in the article, but she is on the case...
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/06/dellen-millards-strange-obituary-for-his-father-wayne.html

Although she describes it as a gunshot wound, I read in an older article from The Hamilton Spectator calling it a shotgun wound:

Toronto homicide detectives are also looking into two other cases with connections to Millard. The shotgun death of his father, Wayne Millard, last December was considered a suicide at the time. Now it is being investigated as a possible murder. BBM
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/
A little harder to commit suicide with a shotgun IMHO....

Still new to posting here, I tried to preview before I posted it, please feel free to correct any errors I made! :cheers:

Thanks, dizzy1. I hadn't seen that article from The Spec before. A little OT for this thread, but interesting that they brought in extra security for MS's first court appearance. I think I will bring this over to that thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo