The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here (small town SW Ontario), suicides involving guns, most are shot guns.

I've meant to say this before, as a general statement, not to anyone specifically. Of course I have no links to provide, so JMO

And dizzy - not that I have any more experience, but you are going great! Thanks for the info!

There's a lot of information here about suicide, including what forensics would look for in determining if the death was suicidal.

Handguns are more popular as a suicidal weapon. However, in rural areas, long guns are more popular.

http://dmmoyle.com/simeans.htm

BTW, I wouldn't recommend googling shotgun suicide. There is a lot of unpretty things that come up.

Nothing really new in the article, but she is on the case...
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/06/dellen-millards-strange-obituary-for-his-father-wayne.html

Although she describes it as a gunshot wound, I read in an older article from The Hamilton Spectator calling it a shotgun wound:

Toronto homicide detectives are also looking into two other cases with connections to Millard. The shotgun death of his father, Wayne Millard, last December was considered a suicide at the time. Now it is being investigated as a possible murder. BBM
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/
A little harder to commit suicide with a shotgun IMHO....

Still new to posting here, I tried to preview before I posted it, please feel free to correct any errors I made! :cheers:

from your link Brocklehurst

"Later I learned from the many people that I interviewed for my National Post article on the Millard family, that none of them were informed about the reception at Vinsanto restaurant in Wayne’s honour and that his colleagues at the new Millardair business at Waterloo airport were all told he died of a brain aneurysm"

how cold is that? -- It really would be interesting to find out if there was even a reception at all--or if it was just DM & his buddies

"Later I learned from the many people that I interviewed for my National Post article on the Millard family, that none of them were informed about the reception at Vinsanto restaurant in Wayne’s honour and that his colleagues at the new Millardair business at Waterloo airport were all told he died of a brain aneurysm"

how cold is that? -- It really would be interesting to find out if there was even a reception at all--or if it was just DM & his buddies

I was shocked to read that as well. I had googled the restaurant and thought it quite strange as a choice for the venue but assumed that perhaps it held a special significance to his father...

moo

Nothing really new in the article, but she is on the case...
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/06/dellen-millards-strange-obituary-for-his-father-wayne.html

Although she describes it as a gunshot wound, I read in an older article from The Hamilton Spectator calling it a shotgun wound:

Toronto homicide detectives are also looking into two other cases with connections to Millard. The shotgun death of his father, Wayne Millard, last December was considered a suicide at the time. Now it is being investigated as a possible murder. BBM
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/
A little harder to commit suicide with a shotgun IMHO....

Still new to posting here, I tried to preview before I posted it, please feel free to correct any errors I made! :cheers:

Thanks so much for the link. I will definitely be following Ann Brocklehurst...She's the only one in MSM who even seems to have read WM's obituary! Also - she seems to have tracked down EMG's brother and mentioned her in a previous article of hers! So far, she seems to be the only one who is actively investigating this case in the media.

moo

ETA - For those who might be interested, here is her twitter account:

https://twitter.com/AnnB03

I guess it would depend on who all she interviewed. From her article, we know she interviewed AS, a former pilot who stayed in touch sporadically over the years and hadn't seen him for a couple of years, maybe some other pilots from the past, EG's brother, an executive at a flight training company, and an author. In my experience, a notice is put in the paper and news travels from person to person. Not many people burying a family member would call people, who were not that close, personally to tell them about a reception. IMO

Here's the article she's referring to.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

I guess it would depend on who all she interviewed. From her article, we know she interviewed AS, a former pilot who stayed in touch sporadically over the years and hadn't seen him for a couple of years, maybe some other pilots from the past, EG's brother, an executive at a flight training company, and an author. In my experience, a notice is put in the paper and news travels from person to person. Not many people burying a family member would call people, who were not that close, personally to tell them about a reception. IMO

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/
Good point Alethia-WM died November 29/30-Only one obit ran and that was on the day of the reception. Certainly not a great amount of notice to anyone.

Good point Alethia-WM died November 29/30-Only one obit ran and that was on the day of the reception. Certainly not a great amount of notice to anyone.

Good point. I see the reception was on December 15th and the obituary was published in the Toronto Star on the 14th and 15th. Not much notice at all. Then again, the people closest to them would/should have known sooner and word would have travelled before the notice was even published. (In a normal family anyway.) Those more distant often don't get a lot of notice for a funeral either. JMO

Good point. I see the reception was on December 15th and the obituary was published in the Toronto Star on the 14th and 15th. Not much notice at all. Then again, the people closest to them would/should have known sooner and word would have travelled before the notice was even published. (In a normal family anyway.) Those more distant often don't get a lot of notice for a funeral either. JMO

"would/should" are the operative words aren't they? By MSM accounts many people didn't know how he died and many people didn't know about the reception. The obituary was beyond bizarre...

moo

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472#fbLoggedOut

There is so much speculation about the wealth of Millard/DM. I would like to see the proof. Just because so many reports claim the Millard family had/has wealth, so far as I am concerned, it's all speculative. Could the construction of the new hangar have used up the money in the business coffers? Were WM and/or DM borrowing money from the business to make purchases of properties? Did WM realize his dream turned out to be a disaster? WM wanting to see to it DM would have some financial assets to fall back on should Millard go bankrupt? Some reporters claim the expansion was moreso done for DM's future financial security. DM and WM were partners... Did that give DM access to Millard's bank accounts? MOO and questions.

Millard, 27, and his father Wayne were partners at Millardair, a company inherited from his grandfather Carl, and to outsiders they were running a successful family business.

Wayne, a man friends say had no depressive tendencies, was found shot in the eye in the Etobicoke home he shared with Millard. Police initially ruled the death a suicide — news that shocked those who knew him. Homicide detectives are now re-examining those circumstances.

Millard, who inherited his father's wealth after his death, wrote Wayne's obituary and asked for donations to an animal welfare fund, listing his home as the fund's address.

Everyone knew the Millard name. But flaunting wealth was never the Millard way.

Wayne was known to drop in on local airstrips to talk shop with mechanics, usually pulling up in a beat-up old Chevy van. Occasionally, he'd land in one of his personal planes.

One hobby pilot at the Guelph airstrip met Wayne a few years ago. He remarked to a friend at the time the man looked like "a bum," before realizing who he was talking about — one of most successful, independent entrepreneurs in Canadian aviation.

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/3251642-millard-s-strange-downward-spiral/

Did DM hire someone to murder his father for him? A friend who has a criminal past? Some criminals start out petty but escalate into more serious crimes. Could this be how MS came into DM's life? JMO

Millard also rewarded friends with expensive trips, including his racing partner AM, who rode with him in Mexico's famous Baja 500 off-road desert race in 2011.

"would/should" are the operative words aren't they? By MSM accounts many people didn't know how he died and many people didn't know about the reception. The obituary was beyond bizarre...

moo

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestar/obituary.aspx?pid=161695472#fbLoggedOut

Yes, anyone would think that the relatives wouldn't recognize their own family members at the reception.... I mean, why would you not want family there? Would they not be the ones who would know DM and MB ?...as opposed to acquaintances. Very bizarre I agree MOO

Yes, anyone would think that the relatives wouldn't recognize their own family members at the reception.... I mean, why would you not want family there? Would they not be the ones who would know DM and MB ?...as opposed to acquaintances. Very bizarre I agree MOO

Maybe DM didn't want family prying and asking questions about how where when? In other words all the gory details that might shed a light?

Or maybe since he wasn't close to family except somewhat with Carl and WM
he figured the heck with them?

Or maybe the DM they would have expected to see wasn;t the DM they would have seen...

Such a private family...

Wonder why? Many skeletons in their closets?

With regard to the AS interview I'm somewhat puzzled by his objection to DM's "red mohawk". The article states that AS (who either performed his consultation efforts from his Texas base or physically came to work for the company) was engaged in 2012, but the red and blue mohawk hairdos sported by DM and AM were, we understand, associated with the car race the previous summer. Also, AS refers to DM not "meeting his deadlines" and "not coming to work before noon." What deadlines? What work was DM meant to have been performing? Everything we've read to date indicates that he played no practical role in the business operations.

Where did you hear this about family not being notified. The only thing I seen reported about the aneursym story was that this was told to the gentlemen that was working for them can't remember his name but was reported by Ann Brocklehurst.

I think that was also the Texas consultant AS, wasn't it?

In her later June 16 article, Ms Brocklehurst mentions that DM supposedly "remained on good terms " with his mother, but doesn't this conflict with MB's neighbors who stated that he had rarely visited his mother over the past decade?

We also understand that DM lived alone with his father and presumably, until her death, with EG which further suggests that his relationship with his mother at that time were strained. There have also been many references to WM's alcoholism. Any person, particularly a family member who has lived alone with a single parent who struggles with substance abuse may perhaps have a clearer idea of the emotional seesaw that inevitably characterizes such relationships, imo.

Wayne Millard died just before the weekend at the end of November. While there may be several possible reasons for the late Obituary and short time frame for a memorial service, imo the day following WM's sudden death would certainly have been a nightmare of obligations and organization. For anyone, much less DM, to be coping with all that on one's own, including informing and involving (perhaps) his estranged mother, dealing with lawyers and a funeral home and MillarAir employees and possibly this mysterious fiance, too, would all have been a daunting task, imo. Frankly, that there was any notice in the paper at all or that any memorial service was even organized is the thing I find surprising. Given that this was already the holiday period for restaurant reservations, it's fair to assume that practical issues about availability may well have been primarily to blame for the short notice, imo. MOO.

Vinsanto Restaurant Review - http://topchoicemagazine.com/articles/vinsanto-plated-perfection

Vinsanto has become a venue of choice for many clientele - business meetings, romantic dinners, ladies night out - which is why it’s almost always completely booked. So if you’re wanting to to see what all the fuss is about, make sure you call ahead to book a reservation.

“We are regularly booked and it’s tough to get in,” he says. “So please, book reservations ... so that we can give (you) the attention (you) deserve.”

They're probably booked to the max during the holiday season, imo.

With regard to the AS interview I'm somewhat puzzled by his objection to DM's "red mohawk". The article states that AS (who either performed his consultation efforts from his Texas base or physically came to work for the company) was engaged in 2012, but the red and blue mohawk hairdos sported by DM and AM were, we understand, associated with the car race the previous summer.
The statement isn't attributed to AS.
As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/
Also, AS refers to DM not "meeting his deadlines" and "not coming to work before noon." What deadlines? What work was DM meant to have been performing? Everything we've read to date indicates that he played no practical role in the business operations.
As CEO, certainly he had responsibilities. He just failed to fulfill them.

With regard to the AS interview I'm somewhat puzzled by his objection to DM's "red mohawk". The article states that AS (who either performed his consultation efforts from his Texas base or physically came to work for the company) was engaged in 2012, but the red and blue mohawk hairdos sported by DM and AM were, we understand, associated with the car race the previous summer. Also, AS refers to DM not "meeting his deadlines" and "not coming to work before noon." What deadlines? What work was DM meant to have been performing? Everything we've read to date indicates that he played no practical role in the business operations.

"In his role as a business development consultant to Millardair’s new Waterloo airport venture, Al Sharif was happy to have only limited contact with Dellen Millard, the boss’s son and the guy in charge of hangar construction."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

"In his role as a business development consultant to Millardair’s new Waterloo airport venture, Al Sharif was happy to have only limited contact with Dellen Millard, the boss’s son and the guy in charge of hangar construction."

Just wondering... that last comment... 'the boss's son AND the guy in charge of hangar construction'. Maybe there were two people he was happy to have limited contact with .. JMO

The statement isn't attributed to AS.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/ As CEO, certainly he had responsibilities. He just failed to fulfill them.

Which statement isn't attributed to AS? Do you mean the statement about the red mohawk?

We only have a report from AS to suggest DM did not clear vehicles, in this particular article. IMO it seems also to suggest that AS failed to carry out his responsibilities to bring contracts for the hangar, and DM was not impressed. Safe to say IMO that Mr S was not happy about being challenged by the son of the head of the company and therefore had nothing good to say about him regardless. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo