The December 23 party

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Cynic. Looking back after all these years and all the "trouble" that Fleet White encountered after JonBenet's death, it would be easy to form the opinion that he may have walked in on something that night that he felt needed to be reported to the police. Since the 911 operator called back and got the answering machine instead of a real person she dispatched an officer (and rightly so). Do you think that someone was using those minutes to dissuade Fleet from making a report?
It would be nice to have the story verified by FW, or some other relatively neutral source.
I can’t be certain of the truthfulness of any uncorroborated information in DOI and, unfortunately, this was not asked about in any LE interview or publically available deposition that I am aware of.

If an adult make a mistake and dialed 911 insted of 411..........you would think
that person would be answering the door! JMOO
Or at least the officer at the door should have asked to speak to the person responsible for making the call. How else could it be certain that that is what really happened?

Soon the friends at our Christmas party gathered in the living room for Santa and his show. I had already prepared a script for Bill to use in handing out the gifts to the children, with appropriate comments about each child. This year “Mrs. Claus” came with him for the first time, since he was recuperating from open-heart surgery. Bill McReynolds had been a Christmas fixture around Boulder for a number of years, but Doris “Janet” McReynolds was new to the act, as far as we knew. During the party, Janet mainly clung to Santa’s arm, saying little as he walked around and talked to the children. Smaller in size than Bill, Janet looked like someone’s older aunt, with auburn rather than white hair.

During the party Fleet White used our phone to make a series of calls, trying to get some medicine to his mother in a hospital in Aspen, Colorado. Apparently he dialed wrong and got 911. The police called back, but after checking with Fleet and the rest of the people in the house, Susan Stine informed them that the call was a mistake. The 911 call still remains somewhat of a mystery.

By 8:00 P.M. the party was over, and the children were on their way home to bed. Our cleaning lady, Linda Hoffmann-Pugh, and her daughter had stayed for the party, and she checked to see if I needed her help in cleaning up; I told her no.
The Death of Innocence, page 97

An emergency call came in to Boulder police dispatcher Therese Hilleary's switchboard two nights before Christmas.
It was 6:47 p.m.
The 911 caller hung up without a word, but Hilleary traced it to 755 15th Ave., a 15-room Tudor brick mansion where John and Patricia "Patsy'' Ramsey were throwing their annual Christmas party.
A return call reached the Ramseys' answering machine, so Hilleary dispatched an officer to the quiet neighborhood braced by two of the city's signature landmarks, Chautauqua Park and the University of Colorado campus.
The officer, identified in department records only as "B.O. 266,'' was on to other duties by 7:09 p.m. after being told someone had misdialed while trying to call long distance.
Betty Barnhill and her husband, Joe, were two of about 100 guests at their neighbors' Christmas party that Monday night.
Patsy Ramsey had used the Barnhills' oven to bake a ham while she roasted a turkey in hers.
"There were lots of their friends from the Episcopal Church there,'' Betty Barnhill says. "Patsy loved having people over, enjoying her house.''
Santa Claus, played by former University of Colorado journalism professor Bill McReynolds, passed out presents to the children.
Barnhill watched the Ramseys' two children enjoy the revelry.
"I can remember Burke that night,'' she says of the Ramseys' 9-year-old son. "He was just laughing, enjoying himself.''
And Barnhill recalls the bright smiles of another jewel that lighted the house -- 6-year-old JonBenet Patricia Ramsey.
"She had a lovely black velvet dress on, and her blonde hair was pulled up high on top of her head,'' Barnhill says.
She pauses, then says, "What happened is real baffling to me.''
JonBenet -- the reigning Little Miss Colorado -- was dead the day after Christmas, the victim of a brutal killer who violated her and left her tiny body in the Ramseys' basement.
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0126jon.htm

You kn ow what continually amazes me about The Ramseys? They use and abuse their 'friends', until they don't need them. After that, they get thrown under the bus. FW seems like an honest man. If he truly made a mistake, dialing 911 in place of 411, he would have said so. Either that, or he did, after JonBenets death and that is why the BPD didn't make more of the 911 call.

Never liked these two pics....she looks ....pale&tired?Dunno,like something's wrong with her...just imo

Wasn't JonBenet not feeling well on 12/25 at the White's house? It is possible that she was not feeling well on 12/23 too especially if she was coming down with something. Can you expand more on what you mean by "something's wrong with her"? Do you mean she looks sick or sad? The only two things that stand out to me after looking at those pictures is she doesn't look 100% happy compared to other pictures of JonBenet I've seen where she has a big smile on her face. And I can see her roots in both of those pictures.

My theory I've thought of about the video camera on Christmas morning was that John Andrew was on that tape and since he was supposed to be Atlanta, the tape has to deleted.

Wasn't JonBenet not feeling well on 12/25 at the White's house? It is possible that she was not feeling well on 12/23 too especially if she was coming down with something. Can you expand more on what you mean by "something's wrong with her"? Do you mean she looks sick or sad? The only two things that stand out to me after looking at those pictures is she doesn't look 100% happy compared to other pictures of JonBenet I've seen where she has a big smile on her face. And I can see her roots in both of those pictures.

My theory I've thought of about the video camera on Christmas morning was that John Andrew was on that tape and since he was supposed to be Atlanta, the tape has to deleted.

Of course I'm not Maddy, but I think she looks pale in those photos, maybe not sick but on her way to being sick or something big was troubling her. JAR being in Boulder that Christmas morning and day is the big question, one that I would especially love to know the answer to!

“roughly triangular, parchment-like rust colored abrasion”
could JBR of been crying at the party and saying she wasn't pretty anymore over this detail??? Just a thought

Of course I'm not Maddy, but I think she looks pale in those photos, maybe not sick but on her way to being sick or something big was troubling her. JAR being in Boulder that Christmas morning and day is the big question, one that I would especially love to know the answer to!

A possible scenario I have right now is that JAR was at the Ramsey house, Christmas morning. He's on the video camera and he watches his younger siblings open their presents. A few hours later, Burke, Patsy, John, and JonBenet are all ready to go to the White's house and JAR is going to the airport. Would JAR have used John's private plane to fly back to Atlanta? The pilot was Archuletta and John was still close to him, as recently as 2007. And didn't John go to his plane that morning? And didn't he call Archuletta too that morning? Now, possibly, JAR did not go to the airport but went back in the house. Maybe he wrote the RN to try to get money from his father? I remember JAR said something like, "I could have paid the RN amount" which I thought was strange. Without his dad's help, which I thought he was implying by his use of "I", how could JAR pay that amount of money? He's a 20-year-old college student working at Pasta Jay's. Sometimes, I wonder if he made that statement to make sure people thought that amount of money was chump cash to him. Would Patsy have covered for JAR? He wasn't her son but she was his stepmom since he was 4 so she probably knew him since he was 2 or 3. Would that make a difference? And Patsy is all about appearances; and having your stepson kill your daughter is pretty much as dysfunctional as you can get.

Another JAR theory I have is that JAR accidentally killed JonBenet and John made Patsy write the note (to help them cover it up) and then threatened her by saying that he was the powerful one with money and connections, not her. She either keeps her mouth shut and says the intruder theory or he'll do everything he can to make sure she is falsely convicted.

yosande, it's plausible. SS was the Ramsey's self appointed "watch dog", this is why I feel as though she intercepted the police in order to help the Ramseys with whatever was happening that night.

“roughly triangular, parchment-like rust colored abrasion”
could JBR of been crying at the party and saying she wasn't pretty anymore over this detail??? Just a thought

Not possible. The abrasion you mention happened when she was strangled.

I agree about JAR being on the tape.
Patsy said that JB wasn't feeling well on Christmas, I believe.
Interesting that JB's hairstyle was described by Mrs. Barnhill as being "Up high on her head". Right. Just like she was found- with a topknot ponytail. The SECOND ponytail has been explained by Patsy herself- she said she usually pulled JB's long hair back into a ponytail for sleeping (so it wouldn't tangle). I used to do the same thing with my daughter's long hair. I have never thought the 2 asymmetric ponytails were anything out of the ordinary. They are simply the result of Patsy fixing JB's hair in the pretty topknot for the party (with the rest of her hair down long, as seen in the photo of her in the dark velvet dress taken at the Rs own party) and then, after arriving home, simply pulling the long hair back into the bottom ponytail rather than take the time to comb out the party hairdo on a tired child.
However, when LE seemed to make such a big deal out of the two ponytail- thing, the RST jumped right on that bandwagon and tried to make it seem like this was something THEY had never seen before.
Kinda like the suitcase in the basement. FW admitted he moved it under the window but after LS claimed it was evidence an "intruder" had moved it there, the Rs jumped all over that as well.

Brenda, if I recall correctly, the film in their camera didn't disappear, the Ramseys claimed the batteries were dead and they didn't film Christmas that year. Now, I am one of those who believe they did film Christmas but there was something on the tape that either cast someone in a bad light or there was someone else in the home that day and this info was withheld from LE. This, of course, is only my opinion although I believe it's a good possibility since we have all seen just how Patsy loved photos and videotapes. I don't think she would have let such a momentous occasion as Christmas go without lots of photos and video. So if you believe like I do, then the tape did disappear. Would love to be able to view that video. It alone could probably clear up a lot of questions we have had over the years.
These are my thoughts exactly. I would add I don't believe she would let Christmas pass without video AND photos. I wonder if a present was shown on the video that was used to make some of the injuries/marks on JB so it had to be destroyed.

I agree about JAR being on the tape.
Patsy said that JB wasn't feeling well on Christmas, I believe.
Interesting that JB's hairstyle was described by Mrs. Barnhill as being "Up high on her head". Right. Just like she was found- with a topknot ponytail. The SECOND ponytail has been explained by Patsy herself- she said she usually pulled JB's long hair back into a ponytail for sleeping (so it wouldn't tangle). I used to do the same thing with my daughter's long hair. I have never thought the 2 asymmetric ponytails were anything out of the ordinary. They are simply the result of Patsy fixing JB's hair in the pretty topknot for the party (with the rest of her hair down long, as seen in the photo of her in the dark velvet dress taken at the Rs own party) and then, after arriving home, simply pulling the long hair back into the bottom ponytail rather than take the time to comb out the party hairdo on a tired child.
However, when LE seemed to make such a big deal out of the two ponytail- thing, the RST jumped right on that bandwagon and tried to make it seem like this was something THEY had never seen before.
Kinda like the suitcase in the basement. FW admitted he moved it under the window but after LS claimed it was evidence an "intruder" had moved it there, the Rs jumped all over that as well.

This is one of the things that set me on my curling iron theory....JB's hair. What intruder is going to put hair ties in a little girl's hair? To get better access to her neck?????? Give me a break. "She's blond...She's blond" PR was the one obsessed with her hair. Yes, she could have slipped another ponytail in her hair so it wouldn't tangle....but ponytails can also be a way to section hair for curling or for doing an UP-Do for photos. I find the hair and ponytail info coupled with BR reporting JB walked into that home...and the pineapple evidence...suspicious that JB was awake, eating, and possibly getting ready to be photographed.

Never liked these two pics....she looks ....pale&tired?Dunno,like something's wrong with her...just imo
This little girl had a lot of doctor's visits in a short period of time. I suspect she had undiagnosed asthma because of the findings of chronic inflammation of the submucosa of her trachea. I also wonder if she had undiagnosed celiac which would explain bed-wetting and soiling issues. Undiagnosed medical issues could have made her cranky and at risk of child abuse.

This little girl had a lot of doctor's visits in a short period of time. I suspect she had undiagnosed asthma because of the findings of chronic inflammation of the submucosa of her trachea. I also wonder if she had undiagnosed celiac which would explain bed-wetting and soiling issues. Undiagnosed medical issues could have made her cranky and at risk of child abuse.

my bold

Thank you Steely. Could you please explain the relationship between medical issues making her cranky, and the (increased?) risk of child abuse?

my bold

Thank you Steely. Could you please explain the relationship between medical issues making her cranky, and the (increased?) risk of child abuse?
A lot of people assume bedwetting issues are due to sexual abuse. That can be the case. However, bedwetting and incontinence issues can be caused by other medical issues including gluten sensitivity and celiac disease.
I've been researching bedwetting and found a possible connection with gluten sensitivity or celiac disease. Gluten sensitivity/celiac disease is a known factor in bedwetting, bladder, and incontinence issues. Much of JB's underwear was reported to be stained. This could be due to poor hygiene or fecal incontinence which could be due to a physical problem such as IBS or celiac. Incontinence and bed wetting are known factors in child abuse. The autopsy report said JB had "chronic inflammation of the submucosa of the trachea" which can be from asthma or an inflammatory response such as sometimes is seen in celiac disease. JB had 27 doctors visits in how many years? Was it two? or three? Undiagnosed asthmatics frequently visit physicians for recurrent episodes of "bronchitis" and a child with undiagnosed celiac could have numerous visits for "bladder", stomach or intestinal problems. Someone said JB looked "pale" in her photos...this can be a symptom of an underlying health problem such as asthma or celiac. Celiac can cause irritability...irritabilty of a victim coupled with incontinence could contribute to child abuse...especially coupled with factors influencing the perpetrator such as depression, mental illness, and/or stress.

A lot of people assume bedwetting issues are due to sexual abuse. That can be the case. However, bedwetting and incontinence issues can be caused by other medical issues including gluten sensitivity and celiac disease.
I've been researching bedwetting and found a possible connection with gluten sensitivity or celiac disease. Gluten sensitivity/celiac disease is a known factor in bedwetting, bladder, and incontinence issues. Much of JB's underwear was reported to be stained. This could be due to poor hygiene or fecal incontinence which could be due to a physical problem such as IBS or celiac. Incontinence and bed wetting are known factors in child abuse. The autopsy report said JB had "chronic inflammation of the submucosa of the trachea" which can be from asthma or an inflammatory response such as sometimes is seen in celiac disease. JB had 27 doctors visits in how many years? Was it two? or three? Undiagnosed asthmatics frequently visit physicians for recurrent episodes of "bronchitis" and a child with undiagnosed celiac could have numerous visits for "bladder", stomach or intestinal problems. Someone said JB looked "pale" in her photos...this can be a symptom of an underlying health problem such as asthma or celiac. Celiac can cause irritability...irritabilty of a victim coupled with incontinence could contribute to child abuse...especially coupled with factors influencing the perpetrator such as depression, mental illness, and/or stress.

Thanks Steely

When you said 'child abuse' because of the manner of JBR's death, I though you were referring to sexual abuse, so I was confused as to how her health could cause her to be sexual abused! I now understand what you meant was physical abuse in the form of beating etc.

If I remember correctly, one of the major books on this case (Thomas, Schiller, Ramsey) states Fleet White accidently dialed 911 instead of 411.

This is what I heard too...and of all people, I don't believe that FW woud lie about such a thing. The guest that answered the door, should have explained that to the cops though. Instead of just shooing them away.

Regarding the "I don't feel pretty" comment at the Dec 23 party: I've seen mention in several books that JonBenet had not wanted to change clothes for the party. Patsy had insisted, so JonBenet put on a black velvet dress with short sleeves. Perhaps JonBenet "didn't feel pretty" because she'd been forced to change her clothes? Or perhaps during the mother-daughter dispute, Patsy said something along the lines of "well, don't get ugly about it!"

I also remember reading that JonBenet and Arianna Pugh put makeup on during the party but Patsy told JonBenet to take it off. Maybe JonBenet was upset that she couldn't wear makeup since she believed that makeup = pretty?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back