The December 23 party

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been thinking about that 911 call. Rich people may think differently, but I think it's beyond rude, to use someone elses' phone line, to make long distance or international calls. If FW needed to make those calls, why didn't he stay home & make them? & then go to the party? what an imposition! & I don't care how hospitable a host is, I wouldn't run up her phone bill, or monopolize her line, with a non emergency. Did Fleet White ever verify this? because I'm having a hard time believing it...& I'm having a hard time believing in the coincidence of a 911 call, 2 days before a murder. At the time, they were good friends, & I can see a good friend going along with a bad request, for the sake of reputations, & I can even see a good friend, being later convinced, that the 1st incident had nothing to do with the 2nd...but, if he told a lie, or supported somebody elses' lie by not coming forward...well, then he needs to come forward now. Also, the other lady answering the door, is suspicious. Why didn't Patsy or John answer their own door? or their own phone, when the cops called? If FW had just made that wrong call, then why didn't he answer the phone? He was still sitting there, I'm sure. Did he think, 'Oops, I just called 911', & just stare at the ringing phone? Surely he didn't jump up & run away. After that call, did he just give up on the pharmacy? too many questions, but I'm amazed that these professional people acted so juvenile. Also, I just read that around 100 people were at that party. Why have none of them verified this? I'm inclined to think, it didn't happen, & whatever was going on, went on, away from the main party. just my opinions, but I'd like to hear FW, himself, verify this, & then explain why he didn't answer the cop's callback.

I've been thinking about that 911 call. Rich people may think differently, but I think it's beyond rude, to use someone elses' phone line, to make long distance or international calls. If FW needed to make those calls, why didn't he stay home & make them? & then go to the party? what an imposition! & I don't care how hospitable a host is, I wouldn't run up her phone bill, or monopolize her line, with a non emergency. Did Fleet White ever verify this? because I'm having a hard time believing it...& I'm having a hard time believing in the coincidence of a 911 call, 2 days before a murder. At the time, they were good friends, & I can see a good friend going along with a bad request, for the sake of reputations, & I can even see a good friend, being later convinced, that the 1st incident had nothing to do with the 2nd...but, if he told a lie, or supported somebody elses' lie by not coming forward...well, then he needs to come forward now. Also, the other lady answering the door, is suspicious. Why didn't Patsy or John answer their own door? or their own phone, when the cops called? If FW had just made that wrong call, then why didn't he answer the phone? He was still sitting there, I'm sure. Did he think, 'Oops, I just called 911', & just stare at the ringing phone? Surely he didn't jump up & run away. After that call, did he just give up on the pharmacy? too many questions, but I'm amazed that these professional people acted so juvenile. Also, I just read that around 100 people were at that party. Why have none of them verified this? I'm inclined to think, it didn't happen, & whatever was going on, went on, away from the main party. just my opinions, but I'd like to hear FW, himself, verify this, & then explain why he didn't answer the cop's callback.

All good questions. Do we know for absolute certainty that there WAS a 911 call made on that night? That is, is there a credible source (not tabloid or ST) for it?

What you say is right. How did the person who answered the door know who made the call and that it was an accident. Why didn't FW say when the operator answered, sorry, my mistake? Were there really 100 people at that party? I read that too, but I'm pretty sure that we had a list somewhere of around 20-25 people. Yeah, FW hasn't said much at all, but he writes long letters. He should have answered the door or been called or the cop should have asked whoever made it to verify that it was an accident. Afterall, if they took the time to go around there (how many places would cops do this?? ). I've always thought this call was suspicious, but there appears to be no answers to our questions.

Yes,there was a 911 hang-up call made,and LE arrived with Susan Stine answering via intercom,without ever opening the door.
I have never seen it said anywhere that FW himself has said he made the call by mistake.The R's implied that in their book,(that he was making the calls trying to get meds to his mom and must have dialed it by mistake),but yet they still said the call was 'somewhat of a mystery',or that it still remained one.So I take it that FW never did himself say that he had dialed it by mistake.

. Yeah, FW hasn't said much at all, but he writes long letters. He should have answered the door or been called or the cop should have asked whoever made it to verify that it was an accident.
I don't think it was an accident at all.I don't believe he is the one that did it..you're right,I think he would have said something to the operator had it been accidental,and would have responded to LE himself,had he dialed it by mistake.
The fact that SS was right there to take care of it leads me to believe she knew what was going on and was helping to hide it.

Afterall, if they took the time to go around there (how many places would cops do this?? ).
IDK,I think most of them would just call back to make sure everything was ok.

All good questions. Do we know for absolute certainty that there WAS a 911 call made on that night? That is, is there a credible source (not tabloid or ST) for it?

What you say is right. How did the person who answered the door know who made the call and that it was an accident. Why didn't FW say when the operator answered, sorry, my mistake? Were there really 100 people at that party? I read that too, but I'm pretty sure that we had a list somewhere of around 20-25 people. Yeah, FW hasn't said much at all, but he writes long letters. He should have answered the door or been called or the cop should have asked whoever made it to verify that it was an accident. Afterall, if they took the time to go around there (how many places would cops do this?? ). I've always thought this call was suspicious, but there appears to be no answers to our questions.
to make a long story short, my daughter's ex was beating her up, & another girl called 911, but didn't say anything-just held the phone out, so the operator could hear what was going on. no response from cops. The ex then started beating up the other girl, so my daughter called 911, begging for help, & then he knocked the phone out of her hand, & started beating her again. still no response. The other girl got him off, my daughter called me, told me what was going on, so I called 911. finally, the cops arrived, only to arrest the ex AND my daughter for family violence. They refused to press 911 interference against the ex, because when he screamed, 'who are you calling, *&%#*? the cops?' she didn't inform him, that yes, she was indeed, calling 911...so therefore, no interference charges. I swear to God. I know times were different then, but I wonder why the cops didn't insist on talking to a Ramsey or whoever had accidentally, made the call? What they did, was no better than not showing up, at all. How did they know, that a desperate person, hadn't sneaked in a call, but couldn't say anything? How did they know that the woman behind the intercom, didn't have a gun to her head? I wonder if they wrote an incident report, & if they did, what it said. I bet it didn't list Fleet White, as the caller...probably blamed a kid, at a Christmas party, playing a prank. hmmm...

Yes,there was a 911 hang-up call made,and LE arrived with Susan Stine answering via intercom,without ever opening the door.
I have never seen it said anywhere that FW himself has said he made the call by mistake.The R's implied that in their book,(that he was making the calls trying to get meds to his mom and must have dialed it by mistake),but yet they still said the call was 'somewhat of a mystery',or that it still remained one.So I take it that FW never did himself say that he had dialed it by mistake.
I know at 1 time, the Ramsey's cast suspicion, on Fleet White. Do you think they 'blamed' him for the call, in order to make him look more suspicious? trying to paint a picture of a no good man, up to no good? saying it was an 'accident', but leaving the possibility open, that it could've been for any reason. Because, that call didn't have to be a mystery. The Ramsey's could've gotten the phone records, looked at the timing of his calls, & seen if the 911 was sandwhiched in between a 411 & another. simple. so, why didn't they? If my child were murdered, I'd be taking inventory of everybody in my house that night, & figuring out who made that call. No way, would I blame coincidence or mystery. I've always wondered if Jon Benet, made the call & maybe chickened out of talking...kind of a practice run, to prove to herself that she had the nerve. Did the Ramseys ever explain the mystery of why they didn't answer the cop's callback, or why they sent another lady to the door? Wow, a cop shows up at my door, I'm gonna find the time to talk. Were they so used to them showing up, that they had gotten blase' about it all?

Thinking about that first 911 call got me to thinking that this could have been the beginning of FW's mistrust of the Rameys. What if he saw something that night and called 911 on purpose but was persuaded by others that the situation was being taken care of by the supposed "intervention" that Patsy's friends were planning? If this is the case, I can certainly understand why FW was so upset with JR after the murder. He knew it could have been prevented. For me, all the silence on the part of their friends speaks volumes. Maybe they all felt guilty because they knew someone was about to lose it and they didn't stop it sooner. Also, I've posted this before but here in Georgia if 911 gets a hang up call, the police are required by law to go inside the home and speak directly to the person who made it. I know because my grandson called them because his mom had a really bad headache and he thought they could help her. I'll never know why he hung up when I walked in the room but I had the police at my door in about 5 minutes. My gs hid under the bed because he thought he was in trouble so the police go in my bedroom and talk to him while he was still under the bed. I can laugh about it now but it wasn't so funny back then. I just can't understand why the cop in Boulder didn't insist on speaking with the person who made that call.

My dad and I have both called 911 accidentally. In both cases, the police came to the door, we told them it was a mistake, and they left. They didn't step one foot into my house. In the Ramseys case, the Boulder PD probably saw that this was an expensive home in a coveted neighborhood with lots of party guests and figured that it was much more likely that it was an accident than someone reporting a murderer in safe Boulder.

I was responding to RTC's assertion that the stress of being suspected lead to the hastening of McSanta's death. I think PR deserves at least as much compassion (unless you think she did it of course!).

I DO think she did it, and I have a lot of compassion for her.

Thinking about that first 911 call got me to thinking that this could have been the beginning of FW's mistrust of the Rameys. What if he saw something that night and called 911 on purpose but was persuaded by others that the situation was being taken care of by the supposed "intervention" that Patsy's friends were planning? If this is the case, I can certainly understand why FW was so upset with JR after the murder. He knew it could have been prevented. For me, all the silence on the part of their friends speaks volumes. Maybe they all felt guilty because they knew someone was about to lose it and they didn't stop it sooner.
idk,they did go to the White's for dinner on Christmas day,so it seems all was well,at least by then.
Because of that,I can't imagine the White's would have seen or heard very much of whatever was wrong going on.perhaps they were in another part of the house.I think SS was one of Patsy's veryyy close friends,and thus,she may have been near when whatever caused the call and JB to cry happened.

The 911 call is yet another curiosity which may or may not have a bearing on what really happened to JonBenet. Certainly, it is at least tragically ironic that the call was placed only a few days before the little girl who lived in that house died a horrible death. As with all of these interesting tidbits, the Ramseys' refusal to elaborate, and inclination to obsfucate, make it very difficult to determine the truth.

I do find it a little odd that, first of all, the cops would bother to show up personally. I know that my kid accidentally dialed 911 when they he was very small, and they simply called us back, and we (having no idea he'd done it) explained the situation. Certainly, I'd assume the police attempted to call the Ramsey house first- do we know if they did this? If so, and no one answered, then I can understand why they came personally to the property. However, if the fact no one answered the phone caused this personal visit, then one would expect the police to become suspicious when no one answered the door (only speaking through it). Wouldn't a trained officer start to question if something was really wrong inside, given the situation?

The 911 call is yet another curiosity which may or may not have a bearing on what really happened to JonBenet. Certainly, it is at least tragically ironic that the call was placed only a few days before the little girl who lived in that house died a horrible death. As with all of these interesting tidbits, the Ramseys' refusal to elaborate, and inclination to obsfucate, make it very difficult to determine the truth.

I do find it a little odd that, first of all, the cops would bother to show up personally. I know that my kid accidentally dialed 911 when they he was very small, and they simply called us back, and we (having no idea he'd done it) explained the situation. Certainly, I'd assume the police attempted to call the Ramsey house first- do we know if they did this? If so, and no one answered, then I can understand why they came personally to the property. However, if the fact no one answered the phone caused this personal visit, then one would expect the police to become suspicious when no one answered the door (only speaking through it). Wouldn't a trained officer start to question if something was really wrong inside, given the situation?
I guarantee that if any one of us "tried this at home," we'd have a living room full of cops before it was over. And so we should!

I used to have a phone that had a button dedicated to 911. It was very close to where my earring would touch the handset when I put it to my ear, and it often pressed the button, activating a 911 call before I could stop it. The cops ALWYS came, and the always insisted on entering the house to be sure no one was in distress, even when it happened several times. I got rid of the phone.
Depending on the precinct, they don't rely on callbacks, because in some legitimate 911 calls, the call is placed and the called cannot continue, and leaves the phone off the hook.
I am not surprised the police came to the R home, but they should have insisted on entering and speaking to the person alleged to have made the call.

I had read this thread in the past and I just read it again now to get some fresh perspective. The "I don't feel pretty" comment *might* emphasis on might, have an innocent explanation. The 911 call however, doesn't imo. 1. Why stay silent and hang up? 2. Why send a guest to get rid of the cops? 3. If it was truly a mistake, why did FW never confirm so? 4. Why not release the phone records to confirm 411 was truly dialed afterwards? But even then 3 and 4 can't explain 2. The call is even more ominous in light of what happened later. This event cannot be taken lightly, I agree with Singularity that what we have here is a big key to the puzzle. I am also of the opinion a video was taken that might have gotten as far as the kids opening the presents (same as the pictures) but the video doesn't necessarily have to depict JAR to be discarded, it could have contained a bad event (which points at Burke) or an object they did not want LE to see.

I had read this thread in the past and I just read it again now to get some fresh perspective. The "I don't feel pretty" comment *might* emphasis on might, have an innocent explanation. The 911 call however, doesn't imo. 1. Why stay silent and hang up? 2. Why send a guest to get rid of the cops? 3. If it was truly a mistake, why did FW never confirm so? 4. Why not release the phone records to confirm 411 was truly dialed afterwards? But even then 3 and 4 can't explain 2. The call is even more ominous in light of what happened later. This event cannot be taken lightly, I agree with Singularity that what we have here is a big key to the puzzle. I am also of the opinion a video was taken that might have gotten as far as the kids opening the presents (same as the pictures) but the video doesn't necessarily have to depict JAR to be discarded, it could have contained a bad event (which points at Burke) or an object they did not want LE to see.

FrankieB,
2. Why send a guest to get rid of the cops? 3

uh, uh, why? Maybe the guest put her self forward because a family member was involved? Else why bother with someone else's police issues?

DS knows more than a lot of others simply because BR told him what took place on the night JonBenet died, he explicitly told DS that someone took a hammer to JonBenet's skull. all prior to any post mortem results.

FrankieB,

~RSBM~
DS knows more than a lot of others simply because BR told him what took place on the night JonBenet died, he explicitly told DS that someone took a hammer to JonBenet's skull. all prior to any post mortem results.

You may be correct, but I only recall the hammer story took place with the psychologist who interviewed BR.

This is from Kolar’s book about the psychologist’s interview with BR:
When asked again what he thought had happened, BR advised without hesitation that he knew what had happened to JonBenét and that she had been killed. He stated that he thought someone had quietly carried her downstairs to the basement and that person had then either stabbed JonBenét or struck a blow to her head with a hammer.

From FF there is also the disturbing story of BR discussing with DS whether or not manual strangulation had been involved with JonBenét’s death.

I’ve always wondered if the Rs had BR on some kind of medication to enhance his focus in school, something like what is prescribed for ADHD, typically Ritalin. Ritalin has been known to cause violent behavior in some kids. So-o unfortunate that the DA allowed them to conceal all their medical records.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back