The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aahh...so there are...two photos of the same view of the same ring doesn't make sense to me either. I'm sure it can be changed.

Hopefully the images of PB and accompanying clues will be put around to the local area (if not moreso) and put in papers, if not on television.

sloane

Hi Sloane. We wanted a supine view, and 2 side views--1 from each side--to see if there was anything that stood out on that ring as opposed to a standard 1975 class ring. I don't think it is necessary at this point because I don't think there is anything unusual about the ring. Am I correct?

Also, we wanted to get a side view of the ring waaaay back in this thread to establish if the ring was a ladies or a mens ring by noting the thickness of the sides of the band--so we needed at least one side view for that. There was basically one style for each sex back then with just a couple of options as I recall. The way to distinguish a mens from a ladies ring would be in the thickness of the band on the sides. But, I think now we all agree that it was a ladies ring.

Additionally, since the ring was, "well worn", and I can tell from the pics that it was well worn, is it possible that there was at one time an engraving on the inner band? Are there not metal forensic tests to that could detect that? If so, is it expensive?

Lion

Hello Missie, and welcome:blowkiss:! I am keeping your sister in my mind to perhaps begin researching. Your story (link posted in her siggy for anyone who wants to check it out), is an excellent example of how a family member goes missing, it is never put up on a missing site(for us to find!), yet that person had a family who loved them. Who knows? That may have been what happened to Princess.

I have a lot of questions, Missie. I hope it will be okay if I ask you on your new thread. Kudos to you for your love, compassion, and devotion to your dear sister.

Lion

Hang on Missie, we are gonna get to you soon! And welcome!

Lion, good to see ya! How 'bout someone taking all the last names of the alumni and checking all missing persons with that last name?

Moooooooooooooooo..oh no! It's mad cow disease again! :doh:

13.gif

JBD, are you a member over at someoneknowsme.com? If so, you can access them by going to someoneknowsme.com>Princess Blue> Robert E Lee High School Info>Robert E. Lee High School Yearbook Pictures. You have to be logged in to access the Robert E Lee High School forum.

Where can I check out the yearbook Pics?

Hi Sloane. We wanted a supine view, and 2 sideviews--1 from each side--to see if there wa anything that stood out on that ring as opposed to a standard 1975 class ring. I don't think it is necessary at this point because I don't think there is anything unusual about the ring. Am I correct?

Also, since the ring was, "well worn", and I can tell from the pics that it was well worn, is it possible that there was at one time an engraving on the inner band? Are there not metal forensic tests to that could detect that? If so, is it expensive?

Lion

Hi Everyone--- Just wanted to send my kudos to all of you for such a wonderful job you are doing.

Almost like peeling an onion!!!!!

================

Reason I quoted your post LR--was it determined that the L in the center of the stone was standard for this particular high school ring??

TIA----OT--:blowkiss: to RK

Hey that % thing is just my opinion. You allllllll feel free to lemme know which I have missed.
BTW I am only up to F. I have 15 more between G and Z with % signs.

1 % = mild

2 %'s = moderate

3 %'s = strong resemblance.

it's supposed to be a secret. shhhhhhhh :cool: LOL

MG

Ok, I'm a mad blind cow...where's the %'s I didn't see any.

So far I like Mary Jo Orlando page 286 for facial structure.

Hiya Petra! :blowkiss: So good to see you. I hope you stick around. I don't think it was verified that the L was for the school but some folks discussed this with some folks who went to Robert E Lee (Houston) High School and they said it was a common thing for the ring to have the L inlaid under the stone.

Hi Everyone--- Just wanted to send my kudos to all of you for such a wonderful job you are doing.

Almost like peeling an onion!!!!!

================

Reason I quoted your post LR--was it determined that the L in the center of the stone was standard for this particular high school ring??

TIA----OT--:blowkiss: to RK

You are a blind, smarty pants cow. J/K of course. The % sign are next to the names on the spreadsheet.

Ok, I'm a mad blind cow...where's the %'s I didn't see any.

So far I like Mary Jo Orlando page 286 for facial structure.

JBD, are you a member over at someoneknowsme.com? If so, you can access them by going to someoneknowsme.com>Princess Blue> Robert E Lee High School Info>Robert E. Lee High School Yearbook Pictures. You have to be logged in to access the Robert E Lee High School forum.

Yes I am I will have to look unless you want to giv me the link:p

Hiya Petra! :blowkiss: So good to see you. I hope you stick around. I don't think it was verified that the L was for the school but some folks discussed this with some folks who went to Robert E Lee (Houston) High School and they said it was a common thing for the ring to have the L inlaid under the stone.

Thanks.....
Back at home base for awhile, so hope to be around much more.
I always wanted one of these high school rings, they looked so cool on american movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antony