The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah,
Yes, there are forensic tests to attempt to reveal the previous engraving in the metal, but I must admit I am not familiar w/ the process or its cost. I have someone I can ask, though. I'll let you guys know what I can find out.
PS- "If it pleases the court," that idea has already been brought up by LE re: this case, so you guys are thinking alike! Kudos!

Hi sloane. I read somewhere that Princess Blue's TOD was 6 mo. to 1 year prior to be found. She was out in the open in Brazoria County, and I understand the influences of climate, temperature, and weather on human body decompostion. So the fact that her state of decomp was to the point of skeletal remains with at least some viable bone marrow left fits with her having been dead for between 6 mo. and 1 year. But, I see that the TX site (see link)
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/

lists her TOD as unknown. Do you know why? This is messing up my math:crazy:.

Lion

Oh yeah,
Yes, there are forensic tests to attempt to reveal the previous engraving in the metal, but I must admit I am not familiar w/ the process or its cost. I have someone I can ask, though. I'll let you guys know what I can find out.
PS- "If it pleases the court," that idea has already been brought up by LE re: this case, so you guys are thinking alike! Kudos!

Yeppers, it pleases the court:). I thought of that a while ago. I saw this process performed on a large piece of machinary, I think possibly on one of the discovery channels, and I thought the same test could be performed on that ring. It didn't appear to be too costly. I hope they look into it.

OT: Some people think that when it is said that a particular process cannot be carried out due to cost that LE just doesn't care. I believe that LE individuals would like to do more; but, if the funds aren't there how can they? It would be up to us to change the laws to put more money into things like that wouldn't it be? Or perhaps to divert funds to such things, no?

Lion

As I look over cases at the Texas site I see quite few missing for the 2000's, and a fair amount from the mid to later 90's. Assuming that most of the missing from the early 90's back to many years go have not been found or accounted for, does this mean that there are a fair number of the missing that never got onto that site, I wonder? Where else can we look I wonder, at least in terms of the missing sites?

I read that the HS ring was found on Princess Doe's skeletonized finger. Which finger was the ring found on, I wonder?

I really want to know more about the other rings, particularly the silver ring with the scroll design and the unicorn ring. What sizes were they, I wonder? What fingers were they found on? Has anyone from LE researched what year they think the rings were made in? They remind me of rings I used to see commonly in the late 70's. Were they still popular in about 1989 around the possible time of Princess' death? Can any type of cost effective testing be done to determine the approximate time that the rings were made?

I will put these in my lists of questions for LE. Does anyone have any thoughts about my 50 questions? So far I have not heard back from Sgt. Coffman. I do hope to hear back from him, though.

Lion

Lion

As I look over cases at the Texas site I see quite few missing for the 2000's, and a fair amount from the mid to later 90's. Assuming that most of the missing from the early 90's back to many years go have not been found or accounted for, does this mean that there are a fair number of the missing that never got onto that site, I wonder? Where else can we look I wonder, at least in terms of the missing sites?

I read that the HS ring was found on Princess Doe's skeletonized finger. Which finger was the ring found on, I wonder?

I really want to know more about the other rings, particularly the silver ring with the scroll design and the unicorn ring. What sizes were they, I wonder? What fingers were they found on? Has anyone from LE researched what year they think the rings were made in? They remind me of rings I used to see commonly in the late 70's. Were they still popular in about 1989 around the possible time of Princess' death? Can any type of cost effective testing be done to determine the approximate time that the rings were made?

I will put these in my lists of questions for LE. Does anyone have any thoughts about my 50 questions? So far I have not heard back from Sgt. Coffman. I do hope to hear back from him, though.

Lion

Lion

All very good questions. I, too, am curious about the rings! The place where Princess was found--was it near a busy highway or interstate? I am also curious to know if LE found any trace blood at the site--was she killed there or was she dumped there? If that area is known for body dumps, is there some type of pattern? For example--I used to live in Phoenix. There is an area of North Phoenix, as well as an area of the desert in far west Phoenix that was known as a body dumping area for illegal immigrants. Coyotes (people who would bring illegals across the border for a fee) would dump bodies in the desert. I wonder if this area has a large amount of illegals or any migrant camps? Perhaps Princess is from Mexico?

I'd love to know the address of the dump site where she was found so that I can "Google earth" it. Any luck, Lion?

I am glad you're here, sloane. WTG!
WTG= Way to go

IMHO = In my humble or Honest opinion

JMO = Just my opinion

W/B= welcome back

AFK = away from keyboard

BRB= Be right back

All very good questions. I, too, am curious about the rings! The place where Princess was found--was it near a busy highway or interstate? I am also curious to know if LE found any trace blood at the site--was she killed there or was she dumped there? If that area is known for body dumps, is there some type of pattern? For example--I used to live in Phoenix. There is an area of North Phoenix, as well as an area of the desert in far west Phoenix that was known as a body dumping area for illegal immigrants. Coyotes (people who would bring illegals across the border for a fee) would dump bodies in the desert. I wonder if this area has a large amount of illegals or any migrant camps? Perhaps Princess is from Mexico?

Mornin' julessleuther:) How are you today? I included in my list of questions to LE that I emailed yesterday that we wanted to know the exact location at at what intersection Princess Blue was found. All we know now is that she was found within the city limits of Manvel, TX located in Brazoria County.

Although, it does not state anything about blood being found I doubt there was blood found. This is because she was out in the open and had decomposed to the point of skeletal remains--with at least some bone marrow in at least one bone. I do not know if they have her DNA; but, it was stated that they tested the bone marrow for traces of drugs. Perhaps they also have her DNA; but, I don't know.

I don't know what the history of bod dumping is except that at one time they said they were finding about 1 per month there, according to the article somewhere in this massive thread. But, that is a good question. I think Manvel is too far from the border to be a place to dump dead illegal immigrants; but, I see what you are saying.

I think she may have been dumped with no clothes on because there is no description of her clothing anywhere, and that would have been a good clue for LE to make public. If in fact, she was found nude I am wondering if it is possible that she was sexually assaulted, then murdered. To me, that would fit. But, I just don't know for sure.

Lion

Hi RKnowely:). Sorry, I was working, then had dinner, then was on the phone with MrsG for 3 hours! I was getting info on our case through her except for the first few posts I posted hours ago. I am still reading through all of this. Geesh, I go away for the day and look what happens:D ? This is awesome. I went to see the yearbook pics--so glad they are here and forever grateful to our MrsG:dance: .

I think as you do that this could be a zebra whereby this girl was abducted and kept alive until her death, which would have been at an older age from when she first disappeared. Is anyone keeping our list of zebras updated? I know I sure haven't been.

This is great, and I am still reading through friends:). See ya when I get there.

Lion
I will go back and hunt them down. I'm the zebra lady!!! Was on the Deanna Merryfield thread. Zebras will be rounded up and posted soon.

Mornin' julessleuther:) How are you today? I included in my list of questions to LE that I emailed yesterday that we wanted to know the exact location at at what intersection Princess Blue was found. All we know now is that she was found within the city limits of Manvel, TX located in Brazoria County.

Although, it does not state anything about blood being found I doubt there was blood found. This is because she was out in the open and had decomposed to the point of skeletal remains--with at least some bone marrow in at least one bone. I do not know if they have her DNA; but, it was stated that they tested the bone marrow for traces of drugs. Perhaps they also have her DNA; but, I don't know.

I don't know what the history of bod dumping is except that at one time they said they were finding about 1 per month there, according to the article somewhere in this massive thread. But, that is a good question. I think Manvel is too far from the border to be a place to dump dead illegal immigrants; but, I see what you are saying.

I think she may have been dumped with no clothes on because there is no description of her clothing anywhere, and that would have been a good clue for LE to make public. If in fact, she was found nude I am wondering if it is possible that she was sexually assaulted, then murdered. To me, that would fit. But, I just don't know for sure.

Lion

I am doing great today now that I have coffee! :crazy: Interesting that they used to find a body a month there--you would have thought that they would install security cameras or something to catch the "dumpers"! DNA would be WONDERFUL. I do not know enough about DNA databases--is there one that exists that her DNA could be added to (if they have it) so it could be cross-referenced with missing people? I always wondered about that with the Sharon Marshall case--if they have her DNA, why couldn't they enter it into CODEX (or whatever it is) and cross-references it with criminals and missing people. Maybe I am talking out my butt here! LOL:eek:

Another issue-
You guys were right in contemplating that the weight is a "zebra," as you call it. Her weight has absolutely not been determined. The only fact is the size of the class ring, and unfortunately, that threw many off, including the media. It was presumptuous of them, and the jeweler, to just stick a label of 175 # on her like that. Nobody knows that it was even PB's ring. Someone else could have had (and re-sized) it for years before it came into PB's possession. And you're right in saying that PB could have worn it on her forefinger or even thumb.
I'm sorry for all of you who have put so much time into searching for girls of that size... The jeweler was assuming a person wore it on their ring finger, I guess, and that's how he comes up w/ that weight, but some ppl. do just have bigger hands. It's simply a variable, not fact.

warmly, sloane
I kept wondering about the size of the class ring. It's main thing bugging me. I think it's really important to know the sizes of the other two rings. There are ring reducers you can place inside of a ring. They are usually made of rubber or silicone. If one of those were inside the ring to make it smaller for PB, then it's possible over time, the rubber dried out and fell out of the ring. It could have been easily overlooked or just crumbled to dust over time. Ok...another zebra for the list. :p

ETA: I did call friends that wear rings on their index finger. Out of the 8, the difference from their "ring" finger and index finger was about 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 sizes up.

I kept wondering about the size of the class ring. It's main thing bugging me. I think it's really important to know the sizes of the other two rings. There are ring reducers you can place inside of a ring. They are usually made of rubber or silicone. If one of those were inside the ring to make it smaller for PB, then it's possible over time, the rubber dried out and fell out of the ring. It could have been easily overlooked or just crumbled to dust over time. Ok...another zebra for the list. :p

Very good point!

Hi MrsG. In my email yesterday t Sgt. Coffman I included that we wanted to know exactly where and at what intersection Princess Blue was found. I have not heard back from him.

Hello everyone. I need to take my daughter to school to take a test. I will be stopping by a StarBucks on the way back, and I can use real live high speed there :dance: :dance: . I'll be back in a while.

Sadie, have fun rounding up those zebras. Do you need a herding dog? LOL

Lion

Hi MrsG. In my email yesterday t Sgt. Coffman I included that we wanted to know exactly where and at what intersection Princess Blue was found. I have not heard back from him.

Hello everyone. I need to take my daughter to school to take a test. I will be stopping by a StarBucks on the way back, and I can use real live high speed there :dance: :dance: . I'll be back in a while.

Lion
Hehe...a herding dog would be great. My Danes would only run from them! First time Apache saw a horse he tried jumping on me so I could hold him, all 140# of him. He was shaking so bad his teeth were chattering. Silly dog!!

Hehe...a herding dog would be great. My Danes would only run from them! First time Apache saw a horse he tried jumping on me so I could hold him, all 140# of him. He was shaking so bad his teeth were chattering. Silly dog!!

I am having visions! Hilarious!

I am at StarBucks downloading Google Earth per MrsG's great suggestion. The first one is 14.2 MB. It took a couple of minutes max. At home I can download 5 MB per hour max, so it would have taken almost 3 hours:eek:!

Any news anyone?

Lion

Lion

Awww, there are NO Starbucks here, but I've heard tell that they are building two, one 20 mins east, and one 20 mins west from my house . (Go figure) I'll take a grande vanilla frapuccino please. (Calorie counting is highly over rated)

Awww, there are NO Starbucks here, but I've heard tell that they are building two, one 20 mins east, and one 20 mins west from my house . (Go figure) I'll take a grande vanilla frapuccino please. (Calorie counting is highly over rated)

OT: Awe, I'm sorry, Missie. But, I do like a good StarBucks lowfat latte! Can you meet me on your thread? Please check you PM's.

Lion

:doh: I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner! Facebook! I can set up a facebook account for PB, and we can search for alumni on there as well. I have to leave in a minute to go to the Cards game, but later tonight or tomorrow I'll get it all set up.

Okay, it's quite possibly my error, as I am so new at this stuff, but I went to the "someone..." site and cannot find anything about the REL High School Yrbk stuff. Under the PB forum, there is no title saying anything about REL. What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the help!
sloane

Sloane, welcome to WebSleuths! It's always great to have someone contribute with fresh ideas and insight on the things we might not know as much about.

I decided to search Google and eBay for the unicorn ring. So far, I've been unable to find a ring that looks like PB's. (but I have found a few that I want to buy now! :rolleyes:) The closest I came on eBay was http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Silver-Turquo...goryZ288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem The other rings on eBay didn't have any turquoise. Looking at the picture of the ring, though, I wonder if maybe it's actually a horse. I couldn't see the horn...can anyone else?

Sable-
THIS is a good idea to research this ring as well! Good for you! Hopefully it will be unusual enough to find something out about it. Unfortunately though, this ring looks like stuff I used to see in New Mexico and Mexico for sale all over the streets and markets. Turquoise ANYTHING was popular. But you're off to a good start. Let us know how much jewelry you buy for yourself along the way! ha ha :)

sloane

Thanks RKnowley, for the quick reply. I'll have to do more tomorrow. Time's up for this evening, unfortunately!
-sl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members