The Duct Tape Match #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a quarrel at JBP over a very large Caylee Posterboard and GA "repossessed it"? Supposedly it had been given to someone they didn't like any more. I remember him marching off to his car carrying it.

Also, we ought to be able to get some great shots of the "billboard" Geo was towing around while it's parked near one of their tents. Maybe he used logo duct tape on that rig.

Wasn't there a quarrel at JBP over a very large Caylee Posterboard and GA "repossessed it"? Supposedly it had been given to someone they didn't like any more. I remember him marching off to his car carrying it.

Also, we ought to be able to get some great shots of the "billboard" Geo was towing around while it's parked near one of their tents. Maybe he used logo duct tape on that rig.

Friday, that episode at JBP involved a poster that Lois had. It was on Murt's van. Geo walked over and took it...said something nasty to Murt or Lois.

I have wiped my gas cans and spray bottles with a rag when I have had a little spillage while filling them and / or using them. I've also wiped them when they get dusty from being in the garage. I can see George doing the same thing - not to remove fingerprints, but to keep things clean.

As for the lone piece of duct tape on the gas can, in the rather poor image we have from the document dump, it looks to not only be on the top, but it also looks to not be laying flat and smooth. This leads me to believe it is being used to cover the air vent. Most cans I have seen have a small air intake on the top opposite the pour spout. This air intake is normally closed when storing using a plastic flip cover or screw cap. On one of my cans the plastic tie that holds the cap to can is broken, meaning I have to be careful not to lose it.

It seems reasonable this is what happened with the Anthony's can - it was lost. So we have two scenarios. George lost the screw cap or otherwise noticed it missing, and used a piece of duct tape to cover it. No telling what happened to the roll. Second scenario is KC lost it while she had the cans, and used left-over tape from her deed to cover the hole to keep fumes and spillage from contaminating the trunk. She discarded the tape roll at some later point.

In either scenario, it is actually important to keep the can clean so that the tape will continue to stick as it is pulled off and replaced.

Looks like the duct tape is covering the air vent.

View attachment 3187

Looks like the duct tape is covering the air vent.

View attachment 3187
What do you suppose the object is beside the tape?

It appears to be old, well used, and possibly wood.

Perhaps the end of a piece of dowel rod or broomstick used as a gas gauge dipstick?

What do you suppose the object is beside the tape?

It appears to be old, well used, and possibly wood.

Perhaps the end of a piece of dowel rod or broomstick used as a gas gauge dipstick?

Here is a picture from a greater distance. The wooden-looking object is just the old, dirty spout - in the close-up you can make the hole out at the end.

View attachment 3188

Here is a picture from a greater distance. The wooden-looking object is just the old, dirty spout - in the close-up you can make the hole out at the end.

View attachment 3188
Ah, yes.

Thank you.

ETA: Do you think it's safe to assume that the brackets are the 'two brackets with duct tape' mentioned in the property docs?

Ah, yes.

Thank you.

ETA: Do you think it's safe to assume that the brackets are the 'two brackets with duct tape' mentioned in the property docs?
A tempting thought.

For those who may not realise - that looks like the floor of the Anthony "Sun room"

Would not imagine shelf? brackets normally litter the floor.

So where is the duct tape associated with these brackets? Since the ones taken into evidence described as "two metal brackets with duct tape"

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19103348/detail.html

About halfway down the article: "Never before seen images were also released on Monday, including pictures that the state thinks shows a connection between the wooded lot where Caylee's remains were found and the home of Casey Anthony's parents, where Caylee lived with her mother.
A gas can found in the shed at the east Orange County home had a piece of duct tape and the name of the tape manufacturer -- Henkel -- is seen on the outside of the duct tape."

I knew this logo was gonna be crucial. It's what got me to join WS!

tapecomp.jpg

As I had hoped, the printing looks looks like it is not lined up perfectly from roll to roll. The fellow sluether's logo appears to be closer to the right edge than the A's is.

A tempting thought.

For those who may not realise - that looks like the floor of the Anthony "Sun room"

Would not imagine shelf? brackets normally litter the floor.

So where is the duct tape associated with these brackets? Since the ones taken into evidence described as "two metal brackets with duct tape"
I was thinking that the tape in question is on the end of the one bracket closest to the gas can. Wrapped around as a small lump.

Can you confirm that the sheet vinyl in the photo is the same as the sun room. I haven't really looked closely at the 'tour' photos and video. I had thought perhaps a piece of scrap sheet vinyl had been used as flooring in the shed. The prop. doc. had indicated that the brackets were found in one of the sheds. (I think. Don't hold me to it.)

I expect the items are laid out on whichever floor for the purpose of photographing.

I was thinking that the tape in question is on the end of the one bracket closest to the gas can. Wrapped around as a small lump.

Can you confirm that the sheet vinyl in the photo is the same as the sun room. I haven't really looked closely at the 'tour' photos and video. I had thought perhaps a piece of scrap sheet vinyl had been used as flooring in the shed. The prop. doc. had indicated that the brackets were found in one of the sheds. (I think. Don't hold me to it.)

I expect the items are laid out on whichever floor for the purpose of photographing.
Yes, well spotted perhaps the "Duct tape" is a small piece on the end, seen on one bracket. Shame the photo does not show the end of the other bracket. Tried enlarging the photo, but didn't help. So probably small samples but who knows what the FBI labs might be able to discover?

That is definitely Anthony Sun room vinyl. Could be a scrap piece used in the shed, but shed looked to be small and cramped when we got a peak (See Greta tour), so I suspect LE just moved items to sun room to take photos.

Great to see the infamous "Henkel" logo unmistakably on the gas can piece!

And Dopey KC used this rare type of tape on Caylee.

As JWG has said "How "unlucky" could KC get? :doh: "

And Dopey even branded it with the "Mark of KC" :beats:

tapecomp.jpg

As I had hoped, the printing looks looks like it is not lined up perfectly from roll to roll. The fellow sluether's logo appears to be closer to the right edge than the A's is.

I wonder how consistantly the logo remains in the same place along the entire length of the roll.

Here is what (one of the things) that doesn't make sense. You buy the roll of duct tape, and you open the roll to put a little piece on a gas can. So did it have a hole and you were patching it up? I'm thinking maybe. But I would think maybe something in that house had the tape on it for a repair. GA would buy a new can IMO. I don't see him patching it. Did it say in the doc dump if the can had a hole, they returned it to the A's. And ya, why is TL breaking a lock instead of giving her a few bucks for gas?

I wonder how consistantly the logo remains in the same place along the entire length of the roll.

This is a different type of roll than the one on the left. The left side tape is 200 degrees. The one on the right is 100 degrees.

This is a different type of roll than the one on the left. The left side tape is 200 degrees. The one on the right is 100 degrees.
I disagree. I can read 200 F on the piece on the gas can in the above photo.

Not clearly, but I can.

For that matter, so could the FBI, and they weren't looking at photos.

I can't see the temp on the gas can tape. If you can, can you please post a modified pic.

I disagree. I can read 200 F on the piece on the gas can in the above photo.

Not clearly, but I can.

For that matter, so could the FBI, and they weren't looking at photos.

Definitely is "200"

I can see it for sure on screen in blow up. I'll try posting a copy, but not sure if it will look as obvious in translation:

attachment.php

I can't see the temp on the gas can tape. If you can, can you please post a modified pic.
Herc, it might be a monitor thing. I have a big, flat panel VeiwSonic. I can see the 200 F on the tape in the photo. It's hard to pick out, but it's there.

I'm not prone to seeing kitties.

Like I said above, though, it's a moot point.

The people who count saw it just fine.

Thoughts about the duct tape roll.

Who put it on the can? GA? KC? LA?

If not KC, then when was it done, and what are the implications, when the use of the logo tape was revealed, as far as the possible behavior of the person who did use it?

Has this been discussed elsewhere, and I missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487