The Duct Tape Match #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure but the three pieces I think they are talking about are one from the mouth area, one from the gas can, and the third was a loose piece of tape near the crime scene. If I remember correctly. I believe that is what was said earlier, when they discovered her remains.

Q66 is what was removed from the gas can. Give me a minute, I'm a fast skimmer, let me go back through everything recovered and see if I can find another reference.
Lanie

This breaks my heart, but... I believe it could indicate that there was duct tape over her mouth, duct tape to bind her wrists, and duct tape to bind her ankles.
I so hope I'm wrong though.

No-I think what they said was that her HAIR had to be cut to separate the duct tape properly. I do not recall them stating anything about cutting the duct tape.:confused:

True, but it was not part of any other piece of tape they found...

1 on the skull
1 on the gas can

and 2 more...

whether they were around bags or Caylee that we don't know...

I am just so sick and so sad

I noticed this, but before assuming the worst I wondered about the possibility of KC using the tape to close up the bags she placed Caylee in. :mad:

I noticed this, but before assuming the worst I wondered about the possibility of KC using the tape to close up the bags she placed Caylee in. :mad:

Thats what I thought, too. Earlier reports said the bag was taped shut, correct?

How's this to muddy the waters? Evidence also referred to by these same designations are:

Q62-Q64= hair recovered from spare tire cover.

Hmmph! Like there aren't more numbers out there to use. Still looking....

Lanie

Well, I hate to use common sense here.... but these are my thoughts:
Since the tape was still on Caylee's mouth we can assume she did not, or could not, remove it with her hands meaning one of 3 things:
1. Her hands were bound to keep her from ripping off the tape.
2. She was incapacitated and the duct tape was placed over her mouth. She was physically unable to remove it (this begs the question- why the need for duct tape to quiet a sleeping or knocked out child). She could awaken and remove the duct tape with her hands.
3. The duct tape was placed on post mortem to confused investigators into thinking it was an abduction, in case she was found. But then, why leave a heart shaped sticker on her mouth?

I am leaning toward #1.

I wish we actually knew more about this evidence as this creates many more questions than actually giving answers.

Okay, this link here http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3670-3700redacted.pdf

page 30 of 31, refers to 3 pieces of duct tape found. If I am reading this correctly, the date is 12/19, one long piece was found in lane 7 at 1209 hrs, 2 more pieces found lane 7 1232 hrs. These can't be the same ones as found with the remains. Therefore, I am going to conclude on Dec 11, the ME collected the remains found so far, including the skull, and took them back to the lab. The tape from the skull was then removed, and tagged independently. IMO, the way the report reads, 2 more pieces were somehow attached to remains, also, either three pieces on the skull, or two other pieces somewhere else.
I'm going to finish skimming, though, just in case I missed something.
Lanie

Okay, this link here http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3670-3700redacted.pdf

page 30 of 31, refers to 3 pieces of duct tape found. If I am reading this correctly, the date is 12/19, one long piece was found in lane 7 at 1209 hrs, 2 more pieces found lane 7 1232 hrs. These can't be the same ones as found with the remains. Therefore, I am going to conclude on Dec 11, the ME collected the remains found so far, including the skull, and took them back to the lab. The tape from the skull was then removed, and tagged independently. IMO, the way the report reads, 2 more pieces were somehow attached to remains, also, either three pieces on the skull, or two other pieces somewhere else.
I'm going to finish skimming, though, just in case I missed something.
Lanie

how could the tape be stuck to the "skull"? makes no sense.

I'm having some pdf troubles now. I found the same page I linked above repeated in the documents. IMO, there are at least 6 pieces of duct tape in these documents.
Lanie

We may have 5 pieces of duct tape found at the crime scene.

1- Found on the skull and removed by ME.
4 others- found in various places by various CSI in the vicinity of the remains.

From document...

I'm having some pdf troubles now. I found the same page I linked above repeated in the documents. IMO, there are at least 6 pieces of duct tape in these documents.
Lanie

Is the sixth one from the gas can? I've got 5 at the crime scene (I think).

how could the tape be stuck to the "skull"? makes no sense.

It was explained in the documents how this took place.

The skull was found upright. There was some hair still attached to the skull, and more loose hair found to the front, the back, and both sides. The tape was connected to the hair on both sides of the skull, holding the tape in place. The hair had to be cut to remove the tape as found.
So you got me, technically, the tape wasn't attached to the skull. It was attached to the hair attached to the skull.
Sorry for not being exactly specific.
Lanie

I'm not sure but the three pieces I think they are talking about are one from the mouth area, one from the gas can, and the third was a loose piece of tape near the crime scene. If I remember correctly. I believe that is what was said earlier, when they discovered her remains.

No because they compare these pieces TO the piece from the gas can and it is designated by a different number as well.

There WAS a loose piece of tape, but this tape SAYS recovered FROM the skeletal remains. That is a clear distinction to me.:)

Is the sixth one from the gas can? I've got 5 at the crime scene (I think).

I should have said seven total. 3 were found with remains 12/11 and sent to lab to be tested, aka Q62, Q63, Q64. The tape removed from the gascan is Q66. Then 3 more were found 12/19 in lane 7, one long one by itself, and then approximately 30 minutes later, 2 more.
Lanie

My thoughts:

Maybe she told Caylee she wanted her to be quiet in the car. Remember she left the house mad. Suppose Caylee would not listen so she placed the tape over her mouth. Maybe they got to their destination and she tried to remove it but it was not coming off as easily as it was put on(stuck in her hair, pulling skin, etc)...she couldnt exactly take her to the ER looking like that without a really good explaination(although, im sure she could have dreamed something up):crazy:. So, she then figured Caylee would "tell on her" anyway. KC would get in big trouble for that one, possibly jail time, CA and GA would gain custody and she would have nothing. Thats the last thing she wanted so her other plans are then hatched and she goes haywire...:behindbar

I should have said seven total. 3 were found with remains 12/11 and sent to lab to be tested, aka Q62, Q63, Q64. The tape removed from the gascan is Q66. Then 3 more were found 12/19 in lane 7, one long one by itself, and then approximately 30 minutes later, 2 more.
Lanie

Ok. If you look above, you see that tape (H-60493 Item #16) was sent to the FBI. Either that tape was renamed Q62-64, or it's yet another piece sent to the FBI.

Ok. If you look above, you see that tape (H-60493 Item #16) was sent to the FBI. Either that tape was renamed Q62-64, or it's yet another piece sent to the FBI.

Looking above, on the first doc you posted, at the very bottom of the page, it says certain items listed above were redesignated by the FBI lab as Q96 through Q111, respectively. Going by that, duct tape item #16 is now designated Q100. That could be one of the 3 I found in my document I linked. No, it isn't. Looking above, the second image you posted has the 3 pieces of duct tape I found in the documents. So now we have 3 removed from remains and sent, Q62, Q63, and Q64, one from gascan, Q66, 1 found loose and sent, Q100, and 3 more.
Lanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member