The Duct Tape Match #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a post on the NG thread that cannel 9 said there are 1000 more pages coming so maybe there is more about the duct tape?

YES! I wondered about this too. Those other pieces look in small sections too, like it would be enough to bind up her little wrists. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised, but it's so sick and disgusting, it's hard to think about. What better way, though, to keep a little one right where you want her so you can force chloroform on her and she can't fight you or try to get away? KC is truly evil incarnate.

I didn't see a fingerprint report. All I see is that someone collected "tape" from the forensic unit and the elimination prints taken of GA,CA and LA at the house. I don't see what was done with these bits of evidence. Just that they were collected.

We don't need reporters to interpret documents for us and then have TH's speculate on what the document means. This group is so far ahead of them anyway. Where are the the fingerprint analysis reports? Maybe there weren't any to examine.

The tape is a match in that it is the exact same weird brand as the duct tape on the gas can, the same color, thread count, chemical compostion and maybe the same mfg. date or serial number.

IIRC 5 pieces of duct tape were found at the crime scene and 2 pieces of what appeared to be electrical tape. I don't know how many pieces of this duct tape matched the gas can tape, other than the tape from the skull. Did you notice that the tape was attached in such a way that the jaw bone remained attached to the skull?

The tape reveals a perfect heart shape in residue. There is a puffy heart sticker attached to matte board and bits of a broken frame. I don't think this is the same heart. There was another one from one of the heart sheets on the tape. IMHO

So, the duct tape goes back to the house in 2 ways, on it's own and because of the heart.

I didn't see a fingerprint report. All I see is that someone collected "tape" from the forensic unit and the elimination prints taken of GA,CA and LA at the house. I don't see what was done with these bits of evidence. Just that they were collected.

We don't need reporters to interpret documents for us and then have TH's speculate on what the document means. This group is so far ahead of them anyway. Where are the the fingerprint analysis reports? Maybe there weren't any to examine.

The tape is a match in that it is the exact same weird brand as the duct tape on the gas can, the same color, thread count, chemical compostion and maybe the same mfg. date or serial number.

IIRC 5 pieces of duct tape were found at the crime scene and 2 pieces of what appeared to be electrical tape. I don't know how many pieces of this duct tape matched the gas can tape, other than the tape from the skull. Did you notice that the tape was attached in such a way that the jaw bone remained attached to the skull?

The tape reveals a perfect heart shape in residue. There is a puffy heart sticker attached to matte board and bits of a broken frame. I don't think this is the same heart. There was another one from one of the heart sheets on the tape. IMHO

So, the duct tape goes back to the house in 2 ways, on it's own and because of the heart.
(bold above by me)

The print report from the FBI is on pgs. 3781 & 3782 (WFTV pdf doc pgs.55 & 56 of the FBI evidence submission report).

The 2nd pg. has the results. I'm prone to agree with HotDogs, it says "no latent prints were detected", and I think there would be more than that if something else was up.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm having trouble pinning down how much duct tape was found. One piece on the skull, found the first day. Three more pieces found on Dec. 19 (not near the remains bag) for a total of four at site. One piece on gas can from Anthony house.

Okay. Then the OCSO submission shows skull piece and gas can piece going to FBI, that's two pieces, but the examination request by OCSO asks for the two of them to be compared to a third piece.

Next, the FBI exam itself describes choosing one of three pieces from the site to compare to the gas can piece because the three are so much alike (and all "degraded").

A reminder, three of the four pieces I found listed from the remains site were not discovered until Dec. 19, almost a week after this other stuff was sent off to the FBI.
ETA: Disregard above. skull tape was submitted to FBI on 1.09.09, I think. pg. 3744 (OCSO Item Q-100).
Other three pieces not shown on 1.11.09 submittal list for items found 12.19.08, pg. 3751. They would have been OCSO Tag J-60013, Item 4 & 5 (ref: crime scene investigation, pg. 3453

I read through this stuff 'til my eyeballs started bleeding and just got more confused.

The FBI's conclusion was it was from the same roll or from rolls of tape manufactured in the same manner....

Too bad they don't specifically state what they exactly mean by same manner.

This is exactly what point the National Academy of Science was making with their report IMHO.

Bolded by me

Precisely - and notice once again how the media has largely chosen to ignore the 'or' part of their conclusion so as to make their reporting more sensational! The fact is that the piece of duct tape is a match to any one of probably a gazillion rolls of Henkel tape sold prior to June 08. Unless they can match tear or cut points they cannot say it came from the same roll.

I think this is what JB means by biased and speculative reporting and IMO he does have a point.

(bold above by me)

The print report from the FBI is on pgs. 3781 & 3782 (WFTV pdf doc pgs.55 & 56 of the FBI evidence submission report).

The 2nd pg. has the results. I'm prone to agree with HotDogs, it says "no latent prints were detected", and I think there would be more than that if something else was up.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm having trouble pinning down how much duct tape was found. One piece on the skull, found the first day. Three more pieces found on Dec. 19 (not near the remains bag) for a total of four at site. One piece on gas can from Anthony house.

Okay. Then the OCSO submission shows skull piece and gas can piece going to FBI, that's two pieces, but the examination request by OCSO asks for the two of them to be compared to a third piece.

Next, the FBI exam itself describes choosing one of three pieces from the site to compare to the gas can piece because the three are so much alike (and all "degraded").

A reminder, three of the four pieces I found listed from the remains site were not discovered until Dec. 19, almost a week after this other stuff was sent off to the FBI.

I read through this stuff 'til my eyeballs started bleeding and just got more confused.

What is the meaning of life? Gotta' love Douglas Addams.

Many didn't read that print report the same as you and hotdogs, notably including Jose Baez, according to WESH video at about 2:05:

http://www.wesh.com/video/18744441/index.html

DotsEyes;3335309]

Devon;3335836]Bolded by me

The fact is that the piece of duct tape is a match to any one of probably a gazillion rolls of Henkel tape sold prior to June 08. Unless they can match tear or cut points they cannot say it came from the same roll.

I am intimately familiar with the design, manufacture, testing, and marketing of duct tape and Henkel is a very well-known and common brand. It is also very common to have the manufacturers logo surface printed on the tape. Color, thread count, chemical composition via FTIR analysis of either the backing or adhesive would not conclusively point to a specific manufacturing run and certainly not to a specific roll.
Devon is right that there are a probably numerous rolls of tape that would match and that tear or cut points are the only way they can say it came from the same roll.
Of course, on a personal level, I have no doubt this is the same tape.

:eek:

I am at the end of the documents and I am shocked to discover there were THREE pieces of duct tape recovered "from the skeletal remains" according to the FBI Lab report at this link:
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3743-3801redacted.pdf
page 51 of 59
page 3793 of the evidence.

Q62
Q63
Q64
are the evidence numbers for these THREE pieces of TAPE!
What does that MEAN? Was there more than one piece on her head, OR did she bind her with those other pieces? I mean THREE is the number it would take to bind her feet, her hands and one across her mouth. Has anyone else noticed this yet?:eek:

I am at the end of the documents and I am shocked to discover there were THREE pieces of duct tape recovered "from the skeletal remains" according to the FBI Lab report at this link:
page 51 of 59

What does that MEAN? Was there more than one piece on her head, OR did she bind her with those other pieces? I mean THREE is the number it would take to bind her feet, her hands and one across her mouth. Has anyone else noticed this yet?:eek:

Hi magic-cat,

In my Very amature opinion, i took it to mean that they recovered three pieces of duct tape with the remains. This could mean one strip that had desinagrated into three separate pieces, Or maybe KC put three rows of tape across her little mouth...When looking at the evidence photos there does appear to be a few photos that sorta look like a hairy blob (ie duct tape )imo...hope that helps...

Hi roblyn! I would have thought that also except for the wording they used: recovered FROM the skeletal remains...that is fairly clear that the tape was ON the remains...

page 51 of 59

Q62
Q63
Q64

The same thought crossed my mind, magic-cat, Unfortunately there is no description given of the pieces. Length of tape would give a clue to their use. Maybe the original piece degraded enough to seperate into fragments?

The same thought crossed my mind, magic-cat, Unfortunately there is no description given of the pieces. Length of tape would give a clue to their use. Maybe the original piece degraded enough to seperate into fragments?

Perhaps those details will be inlcuded in the next batch that is coming...:confused:

Duct tape would not come apart into separate pieces unless they are torn or cut. It would be helpful to know the length of these other pieces. Were they short pieces, similar to the one on the mouth? Or could these other pieces have been used to secure the bags closed? And where exactly were they found... were they loose, or were they stuck to a part of the skull or the skeleton? Without knowing the details, it's hard to say what they mean.

I think she used the tape all over Caylee, because, think about it. Why just do the mouth if you are on a mission to either 1) kill, or 2) stage a pedophile killing.

Since we know the heart marked the front of the skull, because there was adhesive in the shape of the heart there, and there was hair on the backside of the mouth tape, to me, that means the other tape came from another area altogether.

IMO

IT just makes me ill to think that she duct taped her mouth and MAYBE her hands and feet and threw her in the trunk and just left her there until she "packaged" her and then disposed of her at the local trash dump! It is so unbelievable that she felt so little for her own little girl!

Remember the piece attached to the skull had to be cut...these, IMO, would be other pieces...and duct tape does not break apart easy

Remember the piece attached to the skull had to be cut...these, IMO, would be other pieces...and duct tape does not break apart easy

No-I think what they said was that her HAIR had to be cut to separate the duct tape properly. I do not recall them stating anything about cutting the duct tape.:confused:

page 51 of 59

Q62
Q63
Q64

Also, if I read that right PG 56 is says 'No presence of stickers"? Does that mean there is an additional piece of Duck tape? I see that yes there appears to be at least 3

I'm not sure but the three pieces I think they are talking about are one from the mouth area, one from the gas can, and the third was a loose piece of tape near the crime scene. If I remember correctly. I believe that is what was said earlier, when they discovered her remains.

I'm not sure but the three pieces I think they are talking about are one from the mouth area, one from the gas can, and the third was a loose piece of tape near the crime scene. If I remember correctly. I believe that is what was said earlier, when they discovered her remains.

No. There are actually four pieces of tape. Three are from the crime scene and the other is from a gas can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne