The Duct Tape Match #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since Cindy said the knife was part of the dinnerware set and was only slightly serrated wouldn't the duct tape still have serrated edges if it was cut with that knife?

I don't have any experience with the Henkel tape,but I'm trying to imagine how I would cut duct tape with a serrated knife.It seems like you would need to hold the piece out taut ,to get the knife started.Once you got a small slice in you could just rip it the rest of the way down. That's in my head from my own experience with duct tape.It's easier to rip it than to work scissors through it.They just jam up.JMO

I don't have any experience with the Henkel tape,but I'm trying to imagine how I would cut duct tape with a serrated knife.It seems like you would need to hold the piece out taut ,to get the knife started.Once you got a small slice in you could just rip it the rest of the way down. That's in my head from my own experience with duct tape.It's easier to rip it than to work scissors through it.They just jam up.JMO

But it is industrial duct tape.. google searches mostly say industrial tape can't be ripped.

I don't need any DNA! It's enought that the duct tape is henkel...very rare...and found on caylee and on the gas can and on the poster of caylee. Please! aside from a video of casey doing this, this is pretty concrete evidence.
:croc:

I dont think we have established that the duct tape is rare. Yes in some of your opinion it is rare, but there is not enough evidence to show this. We dont even know who manufactured this tape.

The fabric from the gas can and the fabric from the tape on Caylees skull is dis similar according to the FBI. The fact that there is fabric indicates that there is enough to compare.

If someone else has Dna on the sticky side of the duct tape (which could have been preserved if between two pieces) , We need to know who that is, otherwise it is a good argument that it was the perp.

I am not sure there is a doc that shows that the gas can duct tape is from the first or the second time they confinscated it.

I will form an opinion once all the facts are in. For now, she is presummed innocent.

I don't get it. Between the A's and the defense team, they are saying:

She is still alive (the A's)
There IS a ZFG we are investigating in PR. (TC)
Amy did it (LA)
Tony did it (CA)
Jesse did it (CA & GA)
a stranger did it (TM)
no one did it cause there is no evidence of murder (JB)
there is a smell in the car but it is not Caylee (GA)
there is a smell in the car but it is from garbage (CA)
there is a smell in the car but it is from an animal (KC)
there is NO smell in the car when it was was towed (CA)
there are web searches but not from KC (JB)

Geez, get your lies straight guys.

None of that will ever fly in court. They need to determine where the smell came from. They have not done this.

They need to determine who did it. They have not done this.

They need to determine that it was murder. They have not done this.

There is a lot of reasonable doubt if some of you could just look at the facts and not your opinion of the Anthony's

I guess it depends on what the definition of "rare" is. It means different things to different people. But if you can't buy it at a store anywhere today and if the manufacturer tells you they are no longer producing that brand anymore, I would define that as rare...but that is just me. Fact remains the A's had that brand of tape in their home and it is important evidence or defense would not be turning inside out over this.

None of that will ever fly in court. They need to determine where the smell came from. They have not done this.

They need to determine who did it. They have not done this.

They need to determine that it was murder. They have not done this.

There is a lot of reasonable doubt if some of you could just look at the facts and not your opinion of the Anthony's

If you look at my quote, it only states FACTS stated by the defense and/or the A's. No where did I state an opinion of the Anthonys.

I think they HAVE determined that the smell came from a dead body. Who's body?? I guess we will have to use common sense for that.

A duct-taped child dead in the woods in trash bags is never an accident. None of THAT will ever fly in court

I dont think we have established that the duct tape is rare. Yes in some of your opinion it is rare, but there is not enough evidence to show this. We dont even know who manufactured this tape.

The fabric from the gas can and the fabric from the tape on Caylees skull is dis similar according to the FBI. The fact that there is fabric indicates that there is enough to compare.

If someone else has Dna on the sticky side of the duct tape (which could have been preserved if between two pieces) , We need to know who that is, otherwise it is a good argument that it was the perp.

I am not sure there is a doc that shows that the gas can duct tape is from the first or the second time they confinscated it.

I will form an opinion once all the facts are in. For now, she is presummed innocent.

Shurtape, once a division of Henkel's is the manufacturer.

I'm not sure why that is even a question at this point. :waitasec:

That the laundry bag Caylee was found in is the same kind of laundry bag that used to hold balls in Caylee's room limits the perps to someone from the Anthony house being the one to dispose of Caylee. I doubt an abductor would break into the Anthony house to steal a laundry/ball bag.

By Cindy's own admission, the ball/laundry bag is missing from the Anthony house. Just like the Pooh blanket was.

Well if it is marker 17 and 17 includes millions of people, I suppose you could say it is bb or one of the agents but good luck.

On the other hand, If it is bb shovel and bb dna or hair and Cindy says she may have gotten the Whitney laundry bag from bb, then that kind of gives me the creeps about bb.

I didn't buy throwing RG under the bus, didn't buy throwing RK under the bus and just don't think at this point there is much reason to speculate throwing BB under the bus either...

Any other possibilities?

I just wanted to chime in and give a salute :bow:to all you ws'ers that are so incredibly keen, :cooler:intelligent and have waaaaaaaay better memories and sleuthing :detective:abilities than I ever will :blowkiss::Banane35: Cheers to you all for keeping (seriously keeping lol) me so focused on all of the :book: evidence that has been presented so far,:thumb: along with all of your wicked insight. Sorry for the OT but just had to send out a group hug :grouphug:

You guys rock :aktion033:

http://www.wftv.com/image/21185500/detail.html

Sorry, If someone mentioned this before, but the tape on the can looks like it was lifted up, (to allow gas to pour) and, then put back down, maybe a few times. I would think each time this occurs, it does not lie flat, in a neat way,(George):waitasec:

Also, maybe a box cutter, retractable type knife, would cut it quickly?

Sure there is, and it was released last Friday. :thumb:

It is in George's deposition - page 345. This is a picture taken by CSI vincent back at the evidence garage on August 1, 2008 at 11:30 AM. It was seized from the Anthony home about 50 minutes earlier. Yeah, the reproduction we are seeing is pretty lousy, but you can bet George saw a full-color glossy.

View attachment Gas can 08.01.08.pdf

Compare that to one of the images released from the Dec 11, 2008 seizure:

194955.jpg

It looks to me like George did not attempt to make the taping job any neater, something he complained about in the deposition. :banghead:

Too bad they did not show him the picture they took of the can while it was in the shed on the 1st of August. I guess if they had known he would complain about the sloppy taping job, they would have. That way, they could have said "Well, George, if you did not put the tape there, who do you know that handled the can that could have put the tape there and would possibly have not been as neat about it as you?" :waitasec:

ETA: In all seriousness, it has to really hurt and eat at George to know that he not only handled the tape used on Caylee to cover something like a gas can breather valve, but he also used it to hang her missing person's posters. I feel for the guy on that.

But it is industrial duct tape.. google searches mostly say industrial tape can't be ripped.
Yes, Duct tape can be ripped. Alot of people start the rip with their teeth and go from there. So it might be possible to get DNA from the corner of the tape, which was on the gas can.
(forgive my writing skills...I`m just a lumber mill worker)

Yes, Duct tape can be ripped. Alot of people start the rip with their teeth and go from there. So it might be possible to get DNA from the corner of the tape, which was on the gas can.
:Welcome-12-june: This is a great place to be!!!

But what I have read is there are different types of duct tape. (I know this subject has been all hashed before) I know you can rip duct tape but it says INDUSTRIAL duct tape is different and most requires cutting.

I don't think we've seen the edges of the tape, because the ME said the tape had to be cut out of Caylee's hair. So the ends of the tape should be still attached to the hair mass, and the pictures we're seeing are the parts of the tape cut away from the hair by the ME.

The knife was sharp at the edge. It seemed to me like you could take it and poke the ductape then rip if you know what I mean. Just a thought.

But what I have read is there are different types of duct tape. (I know this subject has been all hashed before) I know you can rip duct tape but it says INDUSTRIAL duct tape is different and most requires cutting.
INDUSTRIAL duct tape is just a little bit stronger. Believe me, I`ve used a lot of duct tape.
If George used the duct tape, chances are that he used his teeth to start the tear.
Its a guy thing. Women would use a knife or sissors.
I would bet that LE took DNA samples from the corners for that reason.
And thanks for the welcome!

INDUSTRIAL duct tape is just a little bit stronger. Believe me, I`ve used a lot of duct tape.
If George used the duct tape, chances are that he used his teeth to start the tear.
Its a guy thing. Women would use a knife or sissors.
I would bet that LE took DNA samples from the corners for that reason.
And thanks for the welcome!
Welcome !!

The reason I am mentioning it is related to the serrated knife found in Casey's car...wondering if she used it to cut the tape.. (not George) I don't think Casey could rip Industrial tape. Wondering about adhesive left over on the knife.

I don't think we've seen the edges of the tape, because the ME said the tape had to be cut out of Caylee's hair. So the ends of the tape should be still attached to the hair mass, and the pictures we're seeing are the parts of the tape cut away from the hair by the ME.

So, if that's the case, then the lengths of duct tape that we're seeing and hearing about were actually even longer than what we've been discussing, right? IOW when we're talking about how far around the sides of the face or towards the back of the head the tape goes we're really not sure what the actual length of the tape was in it's original form. Could have went farther around than we've all imagined.

Or maybe the lengths given were before they were cut out of the hair, I don't really know but I remember seeing a ruler with the tape in photos. Too lazy to look it up right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back