The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sassygerl said:
I don't know if it's been posted, but the mother is going to be on The View shortly.....on ABC.
I watched them this morning on "The View". Wow the older girls didn't bat an eyelash watching their little sister being born did they? Then the one says she wants that many kids too :doh:

Did you notice that they said there would be one big bedroom for the boys and one big one for girls ........still not a lot of privacy is there?

Tom'sGirl said:
I watched them this morning on "The View". Wow the older girls didn't bat an eyelash watching their little sister being born did they? Then the one says she wants that many kids too :doh:

Did you notice that they said there would be one big bedroom for the boys and one big one for girls ........still not a lot of privacy is there?

Yes, and after that statement the father said "there will be plenty of room for everyone to stretch out....we'll be on 20 acres". Maybe they need to buy a bunch of pup tents :D

Tom'sGirl said:

I find the whole dang thing disturbing and what the heck are they doing on TV anyway? I mean if they want to have all these kids, fine, but why are the blowing their horn? I have not seen any of their interview so can someone tell me if their is a purpose behind their appearances?
I would probaly have more respect for it if they were just spending their time raising their kids and being a regular old family instead of making TV appearances?!

JBean said:
I find the whole dang thing disturbing and what the heck are they doing on TV anyway? I mean if they want to have all these kids, fine, but why are the blowing their horn? I have not seen any of their interview so can someone tell me if their is a purpose behind their appearances?
I would probaly have more respect for it if they were just spending their time raising their kids and being a regular old family instead of making TV appearances?!
JBean- Everyone wants to be on TV!! Cant we see that everyday on all the darn reality shows and Jery Springer shows and talk shows and View shows and what not.....its pandemic!!!

I wouldn't resent them there 15 minutes of fame. From the looks of this board, if nothing else, it has raised the stocks on Pfizer and Merck 10000%, with all of ya runnin out for birth control!!

:dance:

Casshew said:
Editorial on this family from the San Francisco Chronical :eek:
Ugh Casshew, that editorial with filled with vitrol! (sp?)

Sorry to say Mr. Mark Mumford, journalist extraordinaire, but as you put it the "funky tattooed intellectual poetess who, along with her genius anarchist husband" is not having so many babies because, (IMHO) it would interefere with their lifestyle. In this case, this is Mrs Duggans lifestyle!! I cant understand how someone can respect a 'womans' right to choice on one hand, to have an abortion, but lambast a womans right to choice on another. Seems a bit hypocritical to me, Mr Mumford....:cool:

sondrad said:
JBean- Everyone wants to be on TV!! Cant we see that everyday on all the darn reality shows and Jery Springer shows and talk shows and View shows and what not.....its pandemic!!!

I wouldn't resent them there 15 minutes of fame. From the looks of this board, if nothing else, it has raised the stocks on Pfizer and Merck 10000%, with all of ya runnin out for birth control!!

:dance:
OKay , you made me laugh! :blowkiss:

Thanks for mentioning Jerry Springer, that's about right.

JBean said:

I think the thing that is bothersome is that they are essentially saying:

"God has given us 16 children! That is because we are so wonderful!! The proof of our devotion to God is that he has allowed us to receive all of these blessings."

(Nevermind that God regularly "gives" children to people who don't know what to do with them and don't want them.)

They believe that they have received these children because they are so good. More children indicates that they are REALLY REALLY good. If we all just do what they do, we would all be rewarded with many children. Note that they don't refer to "having" children. They say they have "received" children. Like a package from Santa.

So....they are, IMHO, bragging about how godly and wonderful they are.

I would not choose to have so many kids. I would go crazy. So long as they don't need welfare to take care of them, and they care adequately for all of them, I don't really care how many they have.. BUT DON'T TRY TO TELL ME ITS A REWARD FROM GOD FOR BEING PERFECT. Childbearing is not a contest and should not be a symbol of piety.l

concernedperson said:
This thread is going on so long I am wondering if we have 17 children by now? LOL.
If there's another one in the oven, we'll probably see the birth live like we did the other day, preping her daughters ya know! :hand:

Tom'sGirl said:
If there's another one in the oven, we'll probably see the birth live like we did the other day, preping her daughters ya know! :hand:

I got to tell ya, you are really cute!

Casshew said:
Editorial on this family from the San Francisco Chronical :eek:

Okay, when I made the comment on another thread about some liberals being tolerant of anything except stuff they don't agree with, this is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about.

What an *advertiser censored*.

(Mark Mumford, NOT Cassie!)

Just one more thought on this topic:

The parents that I really have to tip my hat to are those that adopt and/or act as foster parents for kids that are hard to place. The ones that welcome kids who are disabled, HIV positive or whatever are the real heroes. There are so many babies out there that need loving families......I really respect the couples that are willing to face that challenge and open their hearts and homes to the babies that would otherwise be without families.

Make that 17 children now. Wow!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20097968/

LITTLE ROCK - An Arkansas couple had a baby daughter Thursday — their 17th child and seventh girl — and the pair say they're still not ready to give it a rest.

Jennifer Danielle was born at 10:01 a.m. at a hospital in Rogers, Arkansas, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar said in an interview.

I used to think they were nuts, but after reading about them, and then watching the television specials about them, they seem to be fine folks. All of the kids seem so happy, and so very well mannered. A breath of fresh air in this day and age.

I havent read all the replies... that said, my mother grew up in a family of 16. My aunt had 17 children, in a very close family. They adopted an 18th child. This was with one mother and one father. No step children, etc.

I watched the show with the Duggens (sp?). I think the parents are doing a GREAT job, and these kids are loved, and will grow up to be responsible adults. Good for them!

I just dont understand why folks want to judge and condemn them. They do not recieve public assistance. If folks want to judge "breeders" they should go after the women who have baby after baby, and rely on our taxes to support them.

I went to high school with a couple who ended up having 13 children. They were wonderful Christians who did believe in birth control, btw, and had the most well-behaved, selfless kids you'd ever want to meet. They never relied on welfare, children got jobs while they were in high school to earn pocket money and help pay for college, and they were very active in their church with the children helping out in several areas. None of the children felt deprived of possessions or their parents' attention.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymousangel444
Back