The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
People I am not being rude...but please, please use PARAGRAPHS.
I want to read your posts but when it's one long sentence after another my eyes run together and I can't read past 3 or 4 lines of your post.

That's actually what I was referring to in my post;)

I couldn't finish reading it either......I tried to....but..

So far so good with the older children but what I wonder is how the younger half of the brood is going to turn out. I have witnessed members of my extended family doing this "buddy" crap and I can tell you it never turns out well with the younger ones.

I have family members where mom and dad worked and the oldest daughter was left to take care of 2 sisters and a brother. They are alot older than me and they turned out hot messes.

IMO, it is never a good thing to have children raising children and I agree with the posters that we see only 10 to 20 percent of their lives. I doubt the rest of their lives are as wonderful and perfect as what we see on tv.

They are christian fundamentalists that believe that the man is the "head of the household" and all others are to bow to whatever he says. The boys are taught that the wives that they have or will one day have are to do as they are told. I hope some of the daughters escape the life that JimBob and Michelle have planned for them. Some of the girls seem very bright.
JMOO.

That's actually what I was referring to in my post;)

I couldn't finish reading it either......I tried to....but..

I see what you did there. I thought you couldn't believe that there were kids who couldn't write properly! I thought, wow, spend some time in any public school. Lots of kids, homeschooled or not, can't write a proper sentence or paragraph.

I'm probably so used to it that it doesn't bother me as much.

I see what you did there. I thought you couldn't believe that there were kids who couldn't write properly! I thought, wow, spend some time in any public school. Lots of kids, homeschooled or not, can't write a proper sentence or paragraph.

I'm probably so used to it that it doesn't bother me as much.

Perish the thought! I'd rather stick a rusty fork in my right eye!

I have a few good teacher friends at the high school level, I sometimes help grade papers. I almost fainted while reading through essay answers. A good 80% contained everything from misspelled words, run on sentences, all sorts of grammar mistakes. Honestly some didn't even contain a single coherent thought. And guess what, I was instructed that none of that mattered if they, in any way, grasped or used a few key buzz words in the answer... it was considered correct! :gasp:

Apparently, mediocrity and far less is rampant and perfectly acceptable!

Re:Have any of their children run away? Come home drunk? Been arrested for stealing? Doing drugs? Heck they're not even disrespectful!

Just because they haven't doesn't mean they are living life to the fullest.Their parents and their religion control their minds to such a degree as to be considered brainwashing by many.
And if you have watched the show lately,the younger kids seem very rowdy and out- of -control.they very much seem like they need their mother at this time,but she is taking care of Josie 24/7.
Jordyn got dropped on her head in a wagon,the kids climb across the table,stealing candy off the baby shower table,yanking each other down the stairs,walking across the younger kids' backs,and they do unsafe things like mow without shoes on...watch closely.they appear to need more mothering at this time!

BBM - I totally agree with this, I stopped watching the Duggars a couple years back, while I know we didn't meet them when the oldest children were babies - when the show first started all of the kids wearing hand me downs or homemade clothing - or not, were well behaved and and appeared to be happy, healthy kids.

Around the time Jackson became an "older toddler" (preschooler does not fit here, because they all seemed to start homeschooling pretty young) the household started to become more wild, now the youngest are just corralled thru their day by their bigger buddy. Who is going to care for all these little ones if the older - teens / young adults want to go away to school or move out on their own? Will they even be allowed to move out? Michelle, who seemed like a "hands on" parent to her older children, is constantly going through early pregnancy, going through late pregnancy, giving birth, recovering from giving birth or breast feeding an infant - all or any of which put a huge demand on the body of a 25 year old, let alone a +40 year old.

Now they have baby Josie, a baby with special needs, who is going to be treated like just one of the group - so she doesn't feel different from her sibling - but she is different - just like Jennifer is different from Jeremiah! I believe Jim-Bob and Michelle started their large family with their hearts and heads in the right place - but GOD also gave us free will - all Michelle has to do is tell J-B "No!" once in awhile, to not have to worry about another baby or birth control - funny how that works.

They have, IMO, become a different flavor of J&K or Octo; different reasons, different ideals - same outcome - more children than 1 person or couple can safely care for or raise. But we live in America, land of the free - so it is their right, as long as they are not infringing on someone else's rights, while they do so.

I wish them continued health and luck, when Michelle and JB are in their 60s and trying to raise up a house full of teenagers, who didn't spend quality time with their parents, as toddlers and young kids.

yes and I have a feeling the younger ones are not going to easily comply with what JB and M want when they get older.whether that leads to outright defiance though,we'll see.the cameras will probably not be rolling for them then (I don't think tlc is going to be interested in filming them forever.they seem to be moving on with more new shows now),so it may be easier for them to do so without feeling the whole world is watching.

Josh Duggar Set to Beat Family Record: “We Want 25 Kids”

The oldest Duggar son Josh and his wife Anna are already expecting their second child — a little over a year after Anna gave birth to the couple’s first daughter and first Duggar grandchild, Mackynzie. Josh, 22, couldn’t be happier about baby No. 2 and the prospect of more children — about 23 more that is.

“We’re going for 25!” Josh told Radar Online, quipping that he wants to beat out his parents Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar's family of 19. “We trust in God that he will only give us what we can handle.”

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/11/josh-duggar-set-to-beat-family-record-we-want-25-kids/

“We’re going for 25!” Josh told Radar Online, quipping that he wants to beat out his parents Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar's family of 19. “We trust in God that he will only give us what we can handle.”

This is the sort of enlightened attitude toward family planning that reminds me why I've never watched the Duggars' show.

Wonder if he'd still be "going for 25" if he were the one going through 25 pregnancies?

What does Josh do for a job? I'd like to know how to feed and clothe 25 kids.

Josh and Anna both work at their used car lot.

This answer can be verified through their website ja20.com or by watching the show. There is at least one episode that shows him working at the lot.

As far as raising 25 kids on a used car lot salary (whatever that is), I don't think it's realistic in any stretch of the imagination. I am, however, curious if they want to have a bunch of babies real quick in hopes of getting their own reality show (Josh and Anna 2 and counting). They could make some dosh out of that.

Mel

well-said,although I think the older kids do have their own cars.It's been said they are not allowed to go anywhere alone,which at this point is prob. a good idea,seeing as how their father sold out the family's privacy and it would safer for them *not to be out alone.I'm guessing they have to run a lot of household errands and drive the younger ones around to appts and things...I'm guessing so don't quote me :)
I can only say I was raised to think along the lines of some of those same narrow-minded political ways,which I did entirely question and am now a moderate democrat :) which, you guess it..is a SIN in many circles! LOL.
I'm glad you elaborated on the politics involved with these types of families;I'm highly suspect of any group,religion or organization which does not promote looking at both sides of the coin,and one which automatically thinks all democrats are evil.It's just plain stupid,and I have no room for that lack of understanding, intelligence and contrived brainwashing in my life.

I think Michelle and Jim Bob call it a "chaperone". This way no one can get into trouble. Remember when Josh and Anna were courting? They always had to have a chaperone so they wouldn't be tempted to kiss, and could only hold hands. Maybe that was their own decision, but I found it really ackward to watch. The 2 older girls recently went to Chicago on their own to sing in a concert -- which suprised me because they were allowed out of the house!

MOO

Mel

Josh and Anna both work at their used car lot.

This answer can be verified through their website ja20.com or by watching the show. There is at least one episode that shows him working at the lot.

As far as raising 25 kids on a used car lot salary (whatever that is), I don't think it's realistic in any stretch of the imagination. I am, however, curious if they want to have a bunch of babies real quick in hopes of getting their own reality show (Josh and Anna 2 and counting). They could make some dosh out of that.

Mel

I also wouldn't be surprised if Josh and Anna would try for their own reality show. Certainly if they got 25 kids tv would come a knockin.

The oldest Duggar son Josh and his wife Anna are already expecting their second child — a little over a year after Anna gave birth to the couple’s first daughter and first Duggar grandchild, Mackynzie. Josh, 22, couldn’t be happier about baby No. 2 and the prospect of more children — about 23 more that is.

http://www.okmagazine.com/2010/11/josh-duggar-set-to-beat-family-record-we-want-25-kids/

It's not a game, a race, a joke, a whatever .... there's nothing to "beat" anyone with. These are HUMAN BEINGS we're talking about. And as Velouria said - Wonder if he would be saying 25 if he was the one going through the pregnancies ...? Yes, I have never watched the Duggar's. I refuse. The whole - God would not make me pregnant unless he wanted me to be pregnant gets me. God gave those doctors who pioneered the tubal ligation the smarts and the knowledge to do this operation. Might as well put a zipper in Ma if that's the case.

It's not a game, a race, a joke, a whatever .... there's nothing to "beat" anyone with. These are HUMAN BEINGS we're talking about. And as Velouria said - Wonder if he would be saying 25 if he was the one going through the pregnancies ...? Yes, I have never watched the Duggar's. I refuse. The whole - God would not make me pregnant unless he wanted me to be pregnant gets me. God gave those doctors who pioneered the tubal ligation the smarts and the knowledge to do this operation. Might as well put a zipper in Ma if that's the case.

Honestly, what else would one expect of Jim Bob's son?
He was raised with the idea that he should have as many kids as humanly possible with his wife. At least it's Anna who is pregnant and not Michelle (not yet, anyway).

I think Michelle and Jim Bob call it a "chaperone". This way no one can get into trouble. Remember when Josh and Anna were courting? They always had to have a chaperone so they wouldn't be tempted to kiss, and could only hold hands. Maybe that was their own decision, but I found it really ackward to watch. The 2 older girls recently went to Chicago on their own to sing in a concert -- which suprised me because they were allowed out of the house!

MOO

Mel
anything for the show,I think.they can't really do the field trips now,seeing as they have Josie at home to care for.I guess they are focusing on the older girls now to some degree.
But they really weren't alone,the camera crew was there w them for that,weren't they? even so,it's said they can't go anywhere alone.

I have never watched their "show".I know it is their own business
but why do I have to partake!! What happens if mom and Dad die?
I'm sure their children want to have their own children which
would put a strain on everyone.I hope all goes well for them but I'm tired of hearing about them.IMO.

OMG!

This whole thing is beyond my understanding. I watched the show in the beginning, but no more.

I am just sad for the the children and any future children. Josh and Anna need to rethink this, IMO.

It is easy for Jim Bob and Josh. They do not have to 'birth' the babies. I have just lost any respect.............

ETA: I absolutely love babies and children. Please do not get me wrong!

JMO

Come on!! What if he is just being sarcastic?? Why must we take everything at face value?? Surely they aren't going for a record!! That would be ridiculous and would have nothing to do with their religion!

Come on!! What if he is just being sarcastic?? Why must we take everything at face value?? Surely they aren't going for a record!! That would be ridiculous and would have nothing to do with their religion!

It is plainly obvious to me he isn't being sarcastic. Clearly he is trying to emulate his father. They even plan to name all the kids starting with the same letter M, just like all Jim Bob's children names start with J.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back